Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Lisa and Bernard
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 9, 2013 23:58

Might be a stupid question but are Lisa and Bernard in a relationship? Were they ever? I'd always assumed that they were based on absolutley no information other than they always looked like a great couple. I have a sneaking feeling they never have been, which is a bit disappointing really, but I'll get over it. I think it was because I don;t recalll them ever been photographed with other partners. I'm sure someone on here will know. confused smiley

Re: Lisa and Bernard
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 10, 2013 00:10

crumbling_mice
Might be a stupid question but are Lisa and Bernard in a relationship? Were they ever? I'd always assumed that they were based on absolutley no information other than they always looked like a great couple. I have a sneaking feeling they never have been, which is a bit disappointing really, but I'll get over it. I think it was because I don;t recalll them ever been photographed with other partners. I'm sure someone on here will know. confused smiley

best tour ever

Date: June 10, 2013 00:24

StonesTod
crumbling_mice

best tour ever
nah, mick and Keith ain't sharing a limo

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:08

Seriously doubt it...but I could be wrong.

Bernard could do much better.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:13

Saw Bernard with an oriental girl a few times. Wife?

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:42

More Hot Rocks
Saw Bernard with an oriental girl a few times. Wife?

Yes that is his wife.....
[www.myspace.com]#{%22ImageId%22%3A23264867}

As far as I know Lisa as never been married .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 02:46 by maxx.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:58

stonesrule
Seriously doubt it...but I could be wrong.

Bernard could do much better.

Shallow and bitchy, well done.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 10, 2013 03:58

I wasn't necessarily thinking about herlooks.

If Lisa hadn't gotten the gig with the Stones..doubt that most of you would be that overwhelmed by her voice.

There are a LOT of great black women singers out there...all ages.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 10, 2013 06:01

stonesrule

If Lisa hadn't gotten the gig with the Stones..doubt that most of you would be that overwhelmed by her voice.

Getting deeper, keep digging.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 10, 2013 07:17

Gossip is one thing. Not liking someone's voice or playing is one thing, but we're seriously going to pick on Lisa's weight? What is this? Is Taylor a disaster or Bobby? Are Keith or Blondie disasters because they survived heroin but were left old and ugly?

This place is turning into a real haven for strange sexist crap that really should have died out long ago or at least been left behind once you moved on to real relationships and grew up. You want to lust after hot women only? Go to a strip club. Lisa got the gig because of her talent as a back-up singer. If you don't like her voice, it's your opinion, but calling her a disaster because she put on weight is just idiotic and offensive.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 10, 2013 08:15

SWAYZ
Facts are facts. She used to be hot, but now shes a disaster!

I'll bet you're a real looker. Hey, facts are facts.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 08:46

Wow! By this rational, Aretha Franklin is a disappointment too I suppose.....This is the first thread I have ever seen that felt like there are some racial/racist undertones.....

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: June 10, 2013 09:58

Lisa is a great singer, I don't care about her look. I don't understand some comments.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 10, 2013 10:57

If Keith hadn't gotten the gig with the Stones..doubt that most of you would be that overwhelmed by his guitar playing.

Date: June 10, 2013 11:20

<If Keith hadn't gotten the gig with the Stones..doubt that most of you would be that overwhelmed by his guitar playing.>

Really? Really??

Best post ever thumbs up

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 10, 2013 11:23

Lisa was such a cutie 20 years ago that almost everybody among the male Stones fans wished she would stay so forever.

Since all the IORR members are young, well-built male models, they are of course accurate to criticize...

Facts are :
1. everybody's getting older,
2. Lisa has always been a nice person to fans, just as Bernard btw

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: June 10, 2013 11:23

I too think Lisa started this tour poorly, but the recent clips of GS show that she indeed has improved dramatically. She's back on the level she was at, imo.

Date: June 10, 2013 11:45

Well I got the answer. I think some of you have been harsh on Lisa, I personally don't give a damn how she looks,I'm more concerned about whether she can still do the job, and from the video clips she does seem to be improving with each gig. Shame her and Bernard arent an item, it has shattered my romantic notion of them...now im wondering, did her and Jagger ever have a romantic liasion?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 10, 2013 13:27

His Majesty
stonesrule

Getting deeper, keep digging.

thumbs up

C

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:14

For what matters, based on the couple of times that I had a chance to exchange a few words, she is the kind of person that I immediately know I like. The fact that she has a wonderful voice only adds to that.

C

Date: June 10, 2013 14:23

stonesrule

i've never understood all the adulation she gets as a singer. she has (had, actually) some range, ok. there's a helluva lot more to being a good singer than range. there's a reason, despite her profile as a stones singer, why she's never made it on her own....

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:26

Lisa and Daryl were an item a few years back, 1998????

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 10, 2013 14:41

Doc
Lisa was such a cutie 20 years ago that almost everybody among the male Stones fans wished she would stay so forever.

Since all the IORR members are young, well-built male models, they are of course accurate to criticize...

Facts are :
1. everybody's getting older,
2. Lisa has always been a nice person to fans, just as Bernard btw

I think Lisa could still be looking really great if she just could take the extra weight off and work out a little bit, she is not really looking very old to me, and her hair style should be different, it's not very good looking right now...

Date: June 10, 2013 14:47

I think Lisa, Bearnard and Daryl got locked into some damn good gigs about 25 years ago, and maybe THEY are happy....

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2013 15:29

StonesTod
stonesrule

i've never understood all the adulation she gets as a singer. she has (had, actually) some range, ok. there's a helluva lot more to being a good singer than range. there's a reason, despite her profile as a stones singer, why she's never made it on her own....
before the stones ,she made her own album and won a grammy .

Date: June 10, 2013 15:44

To further the point, the best musician I know is perfectly happy supporting others; To lead would get him pigeon holed in some way, and he's more interested in just playing and becoming a better player.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:20

Rocky Dijon
Gossip is one thing. Not liking someone's voice or playing is one thing, but we're seriously going to pick on Lisa's weight? What is this? Is Taylor a disaster or Bobby? Are Keith or Blondie disasters because they survived heroin but were left old and ugly?

This place is turning into a real haven for strange sexist crap that really should have died out long ago or at least been left behind once you moved on to real relationships and grew up. You want to lust after hot women only? Go to a strip club. Lisa got the gig because of her talent as a back-up singer. If you don't like her voice, it's your opinion, but calling her a disaster because she put on weight is just idiotic and offensive.

I am really feeling you on this post. I joined this site to share my enthusiasm about the Stones with other fans. Some of the posts actually borderline on being racist as well as being sexist. Lisa Fischer is an incredible singer that has also won her own Grammy. The woman has talent. No other guest has ever done a better job on Gimme Shelter. She is very pretty and a pleasure to listen to as well as look at! In reading some of these posts I actually cringe. People make personal judgments on the band and feigning insights as if the are actually deep personal friends of the Stones. I am simply a fan of the music, no more. Music that is inspired and influenced deeply by Black people. So I don't understand some of the racist digs that some of the "fans" try to get in and think that they are clever. The constant criticism of Daryl. His bass playing is spectacular and all of the Stones love his playing especially Charlie. Bill Wyman was regulated to playing only 2 songs while Daryl played the entire show in London. Keith actually said "Daryl's not going no place". So hopefully people can leave their racism and sexism out of these posts. It has no place in 2013.

Date: June 10, 2013 16:40

PhillyFAN
Rocky Dijon

I am really feeling you on this post. I joined this site to share my enthusiasm about the Stones with other fans. Some of the posts actually borderline on being racist as well as being sexist. Lisa Fischer is an incredible singer that has also won her own Grammy. The woman has talent. No other guest has ever done a better job on Gimme Shelter. She is very pretty and a pleasure to listen to as well as look at! In reading some of these posts I actually cringe. People make personal judgments on the band and feigning insights as if the are actually deep personal friends of the Stones. I am simply a fan of the music, no more. Music that is inspired and influenced deeply by Black people. So I don't understand some of the racist digs that some of the "fans" try to get in and think that they are clever. The constant criticism of Daryl. His bass playing is spectacular and all of the Stones love his playing especially Charlie. Bill Wyman was regulated to playing only 2 songs while Daryl played the entire show in London. Keith actually said "Daryl's not going no place". So hopefully people can leave their racism and sexism out of these posts. It has no place in 2013.

thumbs up

The Darryl part: I'm a bit more in the middle there. He is certainly a good bass player. However, the Stones is a different band, and just adding real pros in the soundscape doesn't always work as well as with the original members, imo.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:59

DandelionPowderman
PhillyFAN
Rocky Dijon

thumbs up

The Darryl part: I'm a bit more in the middle there. He is certainly a good bass player. However, the Stones is a different band, and just adding real pros in the soundscape doesn't always work as well as with the original members, imo.

Cool! DandelionPowderMan! I love a to debate and talk about the MUSIC! Not who has gained weight, how many good "black women" singers there are out there. Thanks for that! I miss Bill W as well. He was a part of a picture in my memory of what a "Stone" looked liked. I guess it was up to the Stones to decide what bass player worked well for them. Daryl was their choice. He quietly stands off and plays solid bass, sort of like Bill W.I think the Stones knew that Bill W could never ever be replaced so they choose good solid bass playing. I think I read somewhere that Charlie made the final decision on Daryl.

Date: June 10, 2013 17:00

TheGreek
StonesTod
stonesrule

before the stones ,she made her own album and won a grammy .

don't believe everything you read

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home