Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who is missing from French sessions
Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: March 18, 2005 01:05

Re: Blondie Chaplin at The Mint 3/17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope that this means that also missing are -

Chuck Leavall - we don't need plink plink on the new album - (where is he ?)

Lisa Fisher - has recently put too much soul into singing back-up vocals for the Stones contrasting with rock & roll vibes therefore she would add no value at recording sessions. (where is she ?)

Blondie Chaplin - can certainly play the guitar and sing but
not needed at recording sessions. ( not there)

Anyone any idea where Chuck & Lisa are- hopefully not France ?

Let the guys sing and play together in France ,some last week
,all the Stones this week in the hope that their creative juices are at a peak once again and a classic album is finally released.

Re: Who is missing from French sessions
Posted by: Stonesdoug ()
Date: March 18, 2005 04:27

Chuck is in France

SHIDOOBEE

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2005 10:19

Lisa was recently backup for Tina Turner on Oprah.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 18, 2005 15:53

Lisa has not appeared on a studio album since Steel Wheels.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 18, 2005 17:46

Damn! I was hoping that Leavell might not be close by. The earlier is is in on the sessions the more importance he gets. The piano is definetly a basic-track instrument. But with Leavell on it it becomes a weapon. (In the bad sense)
I just casn not see this: Leavell in the sessions before Ron Wood...Not right!!!???

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: March 18, 2005 17:50

Why before Ronnie? He joined them on monday, I think.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 18, 2005 17:57

If Ron is in good shape, he should be in there soon as Charlie is - I mean, despite what Keith may believe, he IS a Stone, the new kid after 30 years. And he even used to get writing credits.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 18, 2005 18:02

This would be the time to channel Ron!
Right on the heels of his show in UK. He should be redhot right now. His fingers are lubed and the spirits got to be high! Don't even let him cool off after the gig. Jagger should have waited outside of the hall with a chair and a whip like the circusguys with the lions. Just corrall him into a big wooden crate and ship him off to France. Open the cage in the studio, strap a Stratocaster around his neck, pop some bubblegum in his mouth. "Okay Ronnie...rock now!"

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 18, 2005 18:35

It really doesn't really matter who's in the studio and when, what with today's recording technology, Ideally it would be great to have the core of the band together in the studio playing off of each other rather than have Keith and Charlie lay on a track in Paris, send it on to London for Ronnie to add his bit then to New York for Mick to add a vocal. This is a bit of an exaggeration but I hope my meaning is taken!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 18, 2005 21:00

Chuck is part of band because Mick and Keith want him there. Everyone complains but the Stones obviously like him ir he would not be in the want for 25 years.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 18, 2005 21:09

Almost - Ian MacLagan was there on SG, & the '78-79, & '81 tours. Interstingly Chuck isnt on Bridges to Babylon, tho.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 18, 2005 21:34

I think I am missing. I would make sure they did not leave that place until I am satisfiedsmiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: March 19, 2005 12:31

<<It really doesn't really matter who's in the studio and when, what with today's recording technology, Ideally it would be great to have the core of the band together in the studio playing off of each other rather than have Keith and Charlie lay on a track in Paris, send it on to London for Ronnie to add his bit then to New York for Mick to add a vocal. This is a bit of an exaggeration but I hope my meaning is taken!>>

Well, you are technically correct Chris, but such a method tends to damage the final product. There is nothing like having the core group in the room, creating and collaborating on the spot. It is true Keith and Mick are capable of writing on their own, but the best of the Stones efforts have been when everyone was in the studio and run through 50-100 takes of each song.

Chris, the method you mentioned was used heavily on Bridges and you can see the result. The album has some gems, but one can easily pick out the Mick songs from the Keith songs and what tracks appear to be leftovers. Do like the old days: lock them in the studio until they have come up with something good.

And make sure Ron gets involved in some of the writing process. I'm hoping with Mick's recent appearance at Ron Wood & Fiends that Mick doesn't plan to marginalize Ron in the studio. Like someone said earlier, get Ron while he's hot, get him involved and keep his confidence up, and I think we'd all be surprised the amount that man could contribute. Stop treating Ron as a session player! And let him sing one song or do a hardrocking, dirty duet with Keith!

P.S. France should issue a warrant for Chuck Leavell's arrest.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-19 12:36 by JamesBurton.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: March 19, 2005 12:53

At least Ian MacLagan and Ray Cooper. Ray Cooper alone was worth the trip to Drury Lane. He could add a lot on percussion. No more need to electronic intro of Sympathie played by Fowler if they also hire him for the tour. Needless to say that Mac should replace Chuck to sound more Stones again and a chance to slightly different arrangements. Every tour the same backline gets boring...

But I fear the guys are more to play safety as Chuck will do all the work as "musical director".

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: March 21, 2005 12:40

About Lisa Fischer: she's been with them so long, and her presence in their live shows have been more than marginal (she was the one to 'turn on' even the worst autoplot shows..), that I would like to hear her voice having a small solo spot to shine in a studio too, a'la "Gimme Shelter" or "Make No Mistake". That would make a nice effect and contrast. But only a verse or a phrase in one song, not more.

Am I in a small opposition here?

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home