Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Justin Hinds - RIP
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2005 22:37

Reggae artist Justin Hinds passed yesterday. He had been diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. Justin had a number of ska hits in the sixties most notably Carry Go Bring Come. He continued to record and perform over the years and was a close freind of Keith Richards and a member of the Wingless angels...RIP

ROCKMAN

Re: Justin Hinds - RIP
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 17, 2005 23:36

Sorry to hear the sad news, Terry. That's two Angels who have earned their wings now. I'll be listening to Mr. Hinds on Crashbox Lust when I get home from work tonights in his memory.

Date: March 17, 2005 23:51

Yes Rocky imagine the noise Justin & Bongo Jackie are now making together.

ROCKMAN

Date: March 19, 2005 00:58

Small mention of Keith in Justin Hinds tribute on Trojan Records site.

In the early nineties, Dennis and Junior decided to cease performing and Justin teamed up with his friend and fellow musician, Jonathan Arthur to form the Revivers. Over the next few years, he recorded three more albums of original material, ‘Dance’, ‘Sweet Africa’ and ‘Jah Know Better’, and later joined the Wingless Angels, a group of Nyahbingi drummers. The group were later joined by Sister Maureen and with the help of Rolling Stone, Keith Richards, cut an album which saw release by Island Records in 1997. The same year, Justin performed on the Coyabalites’ ‘Unhinged’ album and embarked on a coast-to-coast US tour.

[www.trojanrecords.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 19, 2005 04:27

Justin had a long & remarkable career, & if Wingless Angels is still in print it is essential & a labor of love

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home