Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Should The Rolling Stones drop one of the new songs?
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 7, 2013 05:00

leave them both and add another song by going back to the 23 songs they started the tour with.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 7, 2013 05:08

No Expectations
leave them both and add another song by going back to the 23 songs they started the tour with.

Idea of the month!! serious.. that is a great idea!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 05:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 7, 2013 05:17

They are both quite decent song and are fresj, keep 'em I say!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 05:27

Noooooo! Before I saw them in Anaheim, I noted that at one of the pre-Anaheim shows they only did one of the new songs. And I thought, "They'd BETTER play both new songs when I see them." And I saw both Anaheim shows, and they played both songs each night, and I was thriiiiillled. I love both songs and listen to them constantly.

I was singing along to both songs I know them so well, and considered I might have been one of the only people in the arena doing so.

And despite being someone who's thought for a long time, "God, no, not another live Stones album," those two new songs and EMOTIONAL RESCUE are what I'd most look forward to on a new live album.

Date: June 7, 2013 05:35

Title5Take1
Noooooo! Before I saw them in Anaheim, I noted that at one of the pre-Anaheim shows they only did one of the new songs. And I thought, "They'd BETTER play both new songs when I see them." And I saw both Anaheim shows, and they played both songs each night, and I was thriiiiillled. I love both songs and listen to them constantly.

I was singing along to both songs I know them so well, and considered I might have been one of the only people in the arena doing so.

And despite being someone who's thought for a long time, "God, no, not another live Stones album," those two new songs and EMOTIONAL RESCUE are what I'd most look forward to on a new live album.

RIGHT ON!!! Well said.

I recall them skipping one of the new ones one night, and thought it might be over for both of them soon, but Iwas happy it was a one night deal. They are good songs, they just need to wrap their arms around them and let them grow on everyone.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:16

I'm shocked that none of you Stones experts made the connection of the "Jack" reference as being at first blush a Sinatra gimmick, but then having it sink in in context. That being "one more shot" as a tribute to Mick, and "Jack" as a reference to "Jumpin Jack Flash." I always get the feeling that Keith laughs at people who judge his lyrics which fly right over their heads. Now are you folks getting the OMS yet? Sad!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:20

Sometimes I have to see a song live before I get it.....I will reserve my judgement on OMS until I see it later.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:25

Hello, no one made the connection between "Jack" and "jumpin jack flash" in a song about getting "one more shot"?

Date: June 7, 2013 06:26

I never rarely "get it", I dont wanna "get it", and when I accidently do get it, it never makes a song better. Ignorance is Bliss... and one of the perks of never claimng to be an expert, on anything.

And thank goodness for MH's eyerolling trick,
it helped me avoid that whole paragraph winking smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 06:27

Like that time someone felt compelled to explain Jackson Browne's song "Rosie".

Date: June 7, 2013 06:32

Max'sKansasCity

Lol......I was just reminiscing on VL.....Hated it until I saw LIS,IGW and YGMR.......then it was cool.....too bad they ran YGMR into the ground.

Date: June 7, 2013 06:36

Thrylan
Max'sKansasCity

Lol......I was just reminiscing on VL.....Hated it until I saw LIS,IGW and YGMR.......then it was cool.....too bad they ran YGMR into the ground.

I like VL, most of the songs, I had some great great times to that album, and I like watching the movie "The Replacements" where they use several tracks from the album. Heck, I like most songs on all Stones albums.

Date: June 7, 2013 06:42

Yeah....I guess we just really like Stones songs. VL gets beaten up but the good songs outnumbered the bad.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:04

The new songs are both really sounding good live. Better than any new Stones songs in a long time.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 7, 2013 08:03

"Thats how they manage it, with the objective to be able to whine and complain no matter what The Stones do. If they dont have guests they whine it is the same old show, if the ydo have guest they whine it distracts from the same old show."

Exactly, Max's Kansas City!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 7, 2013 08:43

Let go of their ears - they are the Rolling Stones and you aren't.

Date: June 7, 2013 09:02

StonesTod
lem motlow
StonesTod
i think replacing them both with 8 minutes of silence would be a serious step toward a more respectable performance.

which show did you see?

i can't hear you

OK... I'm crushing this one once and for all. I am over the whole" which show did you see" thing. Most of us at home have watched a great deal of the show via YouTube, sometimes from multiple angles as many times as we wish. Through comments from fellow iorr's,we know what to look for and we can do so without the bias of the moment. Yes, it is different to be there, but it's damn close. When I see comments like Keith nailed Sympathy, I can tell if it's BS. Like Bobby Z once said, "You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." The whole were you there comes off as pompous and arrogant. Perhaps present company should be excluded, but its a tired defense in the days of the IPhone.

Date: June 7, 2013 09:06

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
laertisflash
On ABB tour the Stones have been criticised because the didn't perform some more songs from the new album. And now some fans want the Stones to drop one of the two new songs...

Thats how they manage it, with the objective to be able to whine and complain no matter what The Stones do. If they dont have guests they whine it is the same old show, if the ydo have guest they whine it distracts from the same old show.

The whining is directly related to how much they sound like a Jagger solo tour Stones...well heck....there's a mathematical equation that actually explains it all...

Its something like

RS-(KR/300)+(MJx50)+CL = 2013.50

Everyone knows 2013.50 is a bitch...

Im pretty sure that algorithm is proprietary,
Are you going to get in trouble for publishingi it?

I thought so too, but its on some of the tour T-shirts so I figured what the heck...dogs outta the box as they say...

Or the cats out of the bag..... or the warhorse is out of the barn.....

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 7, 2013 12:15

BowieStone
Bungo
Drop em both and plop in Out Of Control and I Go Wild.

Out of Control live always works for me.
But I thought the audience reaction was pretty lame when they played it in the o2. Probably that's why they dropped it. A pity.

Then what you get, if you insist in dropping the two (comparatively) new songs, is, of course, two more warhorses in addition. We must be certain that no one will be disappointed. In that direction and that way: You can always get what you want!

IORRians are themselves a part of the mechanism that leads to more warhorses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 12:17 by Witness.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 7, 2013 12:42

I liked the 2 new songs at the show I saw. Both were certainly better than Don't Stop or , God help us, Streets of Love. Initially I liked D & G more but OMS has grown on me. Both make me wish they'd do a new album. The only song I wish they'd drop is Emotional Rescue. Just personal preference, as I've never liked that song. The novelty has worn off. To each his own though.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 14:35

lettingitbleed
Who calls a Woman Jack?!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:28

Thrylan
Yeah....I guess we just really like Stones songs. VL gets beaten up but the good songs outnumbered the bad.

during the regular season, maybe - but when they got to the playoffs, the bad ones killed them....

Date: June 7, 2013 17:29

Witness
IORRians are themselves a part of the mechanism that leads to more warhorses.

well we oughta be ashamed of ourselves. oh, wait. we are.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:42

Congratulations and Sleepy City

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:22

flacnvinyl
One More Shot is TERRIBLE. Especially the 'nah nah nah nah' part..

Ugh yes, that's where it gets really dire.

I'd rather see a medley of Mixed Emotions & Little T & A because that's basically what it is.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:24

StonesTod
i think replacing them both with 8 minutes of silence would be a serious step toward a more respectable performance.

Having Mick Taylor is onstage during the silence will elevate that silence to a whole new level. Without MT, the silence is just too scripted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 19:24 by andrewt.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:34

Munichhilton
...and replace it with what exactly?

Anything from their 50 years of recording !!!!

Date: June 7, 2013 21:47

andrewt
StonesTod

Having Mick Taylor is onstage during the silence will elevate that silence to a whole new level. Without MT, the silence is just too scripted.

best silence ever

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 8, 2013 03:55

Rockman
They should open the current shows with Doom & Gloom ...

Might be the answer. Breaking them up might help keep the pace of the shows.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 8, 2013 04:02

Keep Doom & Gloom, but pull in more fom more recent albums. I think that latest smash hit album Grrr! has some good songs on it.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home