Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Toronto June 6 webvote
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:41

Vote for the Stones to play your song choice at their final Toronto show tonight!

Tonight the Rolling Stones play their last show at the Toronto Air Canada Center.

Doors 6.30pm

Band 8pm

Vote for your favourite song:
By Request June 6 Toronto Air Canada Centre

- Sweet Virginia
- Worried About You
- Street Fighting Man
- You Got Me Rocking
- Loving Cup

[www.rollingstones.com]

Re: Toronto June 6 webvote
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:42

Why is it always the same songs?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:43

maradona

they are randomly selected from a list of over 400 on chuck's ipad

dammit ipad!

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:47

Why include the song that "won" in the city last time and another song you played there as well?

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:48

fahthree
Why include the song that "won" in the city last time and another song you played there as well?

I agree. It's ridiculous.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:53

Tonyz
fahthree

I agree. It's ridiculous.

You shouldn't question the power of Chuck's ipad...or its shuffle feature

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:54

It's because we really don't have a choice. They just want people to think that they do.

With that being said, I think its obvious that Sweet Virginia will be played. I wish they would do something more obscure.

I am waiting for the debut of Too Tough, though I will not hold my breath waiting for that one ever. I love that song!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:55

Maybe this will turn into the B2B tour... Gimme Shelter kept winning, so they made it permanent. Star Star kept winning, but they dropped it!!!

How on earth did YGMR make it onto this list? Worried About You is my vote..

Date: June 6, 2013 21:58

On another thread there was a discussion of how Mick doesn't embrace his new music and therefore neither do the fans. Why in the name of all that is good did he embrace YGMR and shove it down our throats for the past 19 years?

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:58

BABY! Yes, worried about you is my vote as well.

If @#$%& You Got Me Boring is chosen then we KNOW it's all BS!

Date: June 6, 2013 22:00

sanQ
I am waiting for the debut of Too Tough, though I will not hold my breath waiting for that one ever. I love that song!

They probably don't even know they wrote a song called Too Tough.

Date: June 6, 2013 22:01

lettingitbleed
BABY! Yes, worried about you is my vote as well.

If @#$%& You Got Me Boring is chosen then we KNOW it's all BS!

But we know that already!?!?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:02

fahthree
On another thread there was a discussion of how Mick doesn't embrace his new music and therefore neither do the fans. Why in the name of all that is good did he embrace YGMR and shove it down our throats for the past 19 years?

as bitter as this may be to swallow...there ARE otherwise decent people among us who love this song. it won't be in this lifetime that we can understand why. but all these kind of senseless and cruel things will be explained in the next one.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:07

fahthree

better than shoving a knife right down our throats baby and it hurts.

Posted by: Marcust99 ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:13

At least they didn't put Has Anybody Seen My Baby? on the list...

Date: June 6, 2013 22:37

fahthree

I even enjoy the 12 minute version with Keith belching out semi-lyrics in Charlie's ear...

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:51

I hope for Worried About You

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:51

I haven't listened to any clips of it live since the B2B days, but I always assumed that MJ thinks there's crowd participation potential with it. The hey hey and all. Can't remember if it actually plays out that way when they do it.

Date: June 6, 2013 22:54

LOL!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:54

Wow two songs from Exile to choose from... I'm "Torn and Frayed".... I voted for LC. I'd like to hear Chuck play that..

Date: June 6, 2013 22:55

fahthree
sanQ

They probably don't even know they wrote a song called Too Tough.

It's even a rare promo-only single from 1984, b/w Miss You. A rare one!

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:59

maradona

Maybe to try and convince people it is kind of a real vote? They can't have rehearsed or know hundreds of songs. Maybe they are just putting songs up for vote that they can actually play.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still using the voting as some kind of overall popularity gauge, even if they don't really play the winning song.

Date: June 6, 2013 23:00

Alfonz
maradona

Maybe to try and convince people it is kind of a real vote? They can't have rehearsed or know hundreds of songs. Maybe they are just putting songs up for vote that they can actually play.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still using the voting as some kind of overall popularity gauge, even if they don't really play the winning song.

But Dammit Chuck has 450 songs ready to go...you saying they didn't rehearse them?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:00

Is there a limit on how many times you can vote? I voted like 50 times until I got bored.

Date: June 6, 2013 23:02

I dunno how you can vote more then once? I've voted every show and when I try a second time I get "thanks but we've already counted your vote"??

Date: June 6, 2013 23:11

Marcust99
I dunno how you can vote more then once? I've voted every show and when I try a second time I get "thanks but we've already counted your vote"??

When it says that act extremely affronted...then once in awhile it'll let you vote 50 times...

Date: June 6, 2013 23:14

Maybe you're right. I just "return to poll" and re-vote. Who knows. The whole thing's probably a sham anyway. It's not like the accounting firm of Ernst and Young certifies the count.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:14

Loving cup

Date: June 6, 2013 23:17

Marcust99

you either use another browser, ie Chrome, Mozilla or Safari, or clear your cookies in IE...that'll delete everything, but it'll allow to keep revoting.

Come on, it's not what the Stones can do for you, it's what you can do for the Stones!

Date: June 6, 2013 23:19

I use Google Chrome. Just voted another 100 times. Suh-Weeeeeeeeeet

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home