Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: Toronto-2 June 6 Stones show live updates
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:29

Erik_Snow
Doxa
Erik_Snow
THere are places he fumbles, especially during the first 1-2 minutes of every CYHMK solo on this tour....it's not like it's the perfect solo, but there are great moments there as well, especially during the mid to end part of the solo. I think it's a thrill overall, despite the bumps, as it's a reminder on how it could had been, IF they had been in their prime and was playing music; instead of these Start Me Ups, Rough Justices and whatever.

I'm waiting for the solo to fall completely apart any second in this clip, so it's exciting to watch; and real good when Taylor do find them great notes. The whole band seems to be real excited, as well, much more than I've seen them before, on other tours

Taylor hasn't lost it....but he's not what he used to be, for sure, but he's really trying his best; instead of going on autopilot like RS has been doing for 20 years, with a couple of exceptions now and then

A fine description, Erik, and I wholeheartidy agree with the ups and down you mention. We are following the same story...

But what is striking in watching this clip is that there is not an equavalent in recent Stones history - if ever - that a singular instrumentalist is given so much responsibility in his shoulders without any kind of safe belt. He is there "naked". No one can help him - or the band - if he totally screws ups. It is really "see what happens" moment, and I think the rest of the band is equally excited as the crowd in following what happens. And the fact that it is Taylor - a born improvisionalist - there who really don't understand what safe and sure autopilotism even means. They didn't even try to try this with Woodie back in 2002/03. So my thumbs up for the whole band for taking the risky involved.

- Doxa

True that! Well, it's almost true. Because Keith did screw up terrible in 2006/2007, just watch SFTD in the Shine A Light movie as an example (there are much worse moments available on bootlegs) , yet he continued his "solo" - and I think Jagger never would allow "Taylor without safety belt" on this 2013 tour if it wasn't for what he experienced on the ABB tour.

Maybe he met his worst fear on that tour....standing in front of 100.000. with such horrible guitarplaying making the songs fall apart. After something like .....that he shouldn't be that afraid of having Taylor soloing for 4 minutes. Well...it COULD be like that I suppose

After singing the wrong parts to Rocks Off and having the whole thing almost crash (thanks to Bernard and Lisa, who oversang WAY LOUDER to get Mick back on track), I think he should be prepared to let almost anything slide.

That and the fact they just generally sucked on this song made it the worst song of the evening imho.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:39

treaclefingers
After singing the wrong parts to Rocks Off and having the whole thing almost crash (thanks to Bernard and Lisa, who oversang WAY LOUDER to get Mick back on track), I think he should be prepared to let almost anything slide.

That and the fact they just generally sucked on this song made it the worst song of the evening imho.

Oh but there has big mistakes on stage ever since the beginning, but it's different to have an uncapable player having several minutes in the spotlight, without getting back on track....like some Keith solos in 06/07

Haven't heard Rocks Off from Toronto yet, btw

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:41

Doxa
Yeah. I need to repeat myself
- Doxa

it's prolly the beans...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:48

StonesTod
Doxa
Yeah. I need to repeat myself
- Doxa

it's prolly the beans...

Since you StonesTod only read the first and last lines of my rantings, take that... you know.. as a gift to you from my side... [smiley]

- Doxa

Date: June 8, 2013 19:57

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers

Oh but there has big mistakes on stage ever since the beginning, but it's different to have an uncapable player having several minutes in the spotlight, without getting back on track....like some Keith solos in 06/07

Haven't heard Rocks Off from Toronto yet, btw

I think I recorded it...I have to look. I'm a bit unorganized, I just flew home yesterday.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:06

Nice posts ES and Doxa. I think you recognize the heart of the matter. I have seen a dozen or so of Taylor shows since '99. There are often moments when Taylor is searching on stage. It is the nature of his art. But when he finds those moments of musical inspiration all is well. He often requires some patience. He usually gets there for a payoff.

But what strikes me about many of the comments about the recent shows is how many recognize a point that is difficult to precisely express. It is the difference he makes on stage whether he hits a bum note or wanders or "noodles" (in a pejorative sense) or with his sometimes curious stage manner...Somehow he validates what is going on there. He makes you listen. It feels (for better or worse) real. The impact is huge. I cannot explain it, but I have missed it. Apparently others have too. I understand the criticism of Taylor. I agree with some of it. But ultimately I think the criticism is petty and misses his more important indescribable impact. With him it is a whole different band (in a good sense). Just watch Jagger during the LA first performance of CYHMK. When was the last time you've seen something like THAT?

Date: June 9, 2013 00:45

pmk251
Nice posts ES and Doxa. I think you recognize the heart of the matter. I have seen a dozen or so of Taylor shows since '99. There are often moments when Taylor is searching on stage. It is the nature of his art. But when he finds those moments of musical inspiration all is well. He often requires some patience. He usually gets there for a payoff.

But what strikes me about many of the comments about the recent shows is how many recognize a point that is difficult to precisely express. It is the difference he makes on stage whether he hits a bum note or wanders or "noodles" (in a pejorative sense) or with his sometimes curious stage manner...Somehow he validates what is going on there. He makes you listen. It feels (for better or worse) real. The impact is huge. I cannot explain it, but I have missed it. Apparently others have too. I understand the criticism of Taylor. I agree with some of it. But ultimately I think the criticism is petty and misses his more important indescribable impact. With him it is a whole different band (in a good sense). Just watch Jagger during the LA first performance of CYHMK. When was the last time you've seen something like THAT?

spot on.

Date: June 9, 2013 01:08

treaclefingers
pmk251

spot on.

wait a minute...we're praising a post that basically says there's nothing that can be said?

i wanna know, then, why more of my posts aren't being praised, cos i neve say anything.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 01:16 by StonesTod.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 01:36

After listening to Taylor's last 4 minutes CYHMN solo, it leaves me with mixed emotions again. He appears to be a very devoted artist on stage, but at the same time lacking fundamental routine, very shaky, although he's adding some surprisingly interesting melodic ideas, and playing some mean sounding riffs/chords.
But then the audience is going crazy, they even seem to recognize his famous GS Philly '72 lick, and the band enjoys his playing, at least they do a focussed job while backing him up.

I really wonder if Jagger and Richards at last forgive Taylor for leaving the Stones when this tour is finished.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:20

Enough of us Taylorites are noticing the inconsistent playing to warrant some credibility. I'm not buying the adventurous soloist taking time to find his way line. MT knows how to put chops together. I believe it's the insecurity of the dynamic he's dropped into. It's not quite natural. He's not an established member anymore, up on stage the whole show with his band. Rather than being rooted and secure, he's resorting to social interaction possibly more than just playing the guitar.

I'm actually surprised Keith and Mick are tolerating the inconsistent playing so well. Keith can be excused for pretty much whatever, seeing as it's his band, but I'm surprised they haven't laid down a harder line on MT, to stand by his amp and play. They should do that.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:23

svt22
After listening to Taylor's last 4 minutes CYHMN solo, it leaves me with mixed emotions again. He appears to be a very devoted artist on stage, but at the same time lacking fundamental routine, very shaky, although he's adding some surprisingly interesting melodic ideas, and playing some mean sounding riffs/chords.
But then the audience is going crazy, they even seem to recognize his famous GS Philly '72 lick, and the band enjoys his playing, at least they do a focussed job while backing him up.

I really wonder if Jagger and Richards at last forgive Taylor for leaving the Stones when this tour is finished.

Perhaps he is out of practice. Perhaps he is bringing a less disciplined (some might say indulgent) club show to a large arena. But let's see what happens in future shows. Let's see if he settles in. Things can take some time with Taylor. LIV on 11/26 was much different than on 11/7 (or 6/25/72 for that matter).

Posted by: baldboy ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:35

gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
Not too good, imo. Keith starts it way too slow, and Taylor is not doing a good solo...

Not as good as in LA but better than in CHI/3 I'd say, he was maybe a tad loud though, they really can't seem to get his sound right! Not sure if he was on the Rythm or Treble position this time, LA/2 was Rythm and it sounded better, so...

May 25 show in TO was the better of the TO shows. Woody on Licks tour perfectly duplicated Knocking solo, better than Taylor on this tour unless you fancy improvisation which is cool too. Love Taylor period but really sick of the veneration, Stones roll on as long as the holy trinity of Jagger-Richards-Watts intact.

Date: June 9, 2013 02:43

baldboy
Woody on Licks tour perfectly duplicated Knocking solo

excuse me? what's that again?

Date: June 9, 2013 02:43

baldboy
gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
Not too good, imo. Keith starts it way too slow, and Taylor is not doing a good solo...

Not as good as in LA but better than in CHI/3 I'd say, he was maybe a tad loud though, they really can't seem to get his sound right! Not sure if he was on the Rythm or Treble position this time, LA/2 was Rythm and it sounded better, so...

May 25 show in TO was the better of the TO shows. Woody on Licks tour perfectly duplicated Knocking solo, better than Taylor on this tour unless you fancy improvisation which is cool too. Love Taylor period but really sick of the veneration, Stones roll on as long as the holy trinity of Jagger-Richards-Watts intact.

imagine the pressure on Taylor, too - he's seen by so many fans as this former band member now saviour of the band on this tour when he's not been part of it for 30 years and the band has gone on quite well without him. he's great. he's on, he's off, like any live player in a given moment or show. the nit-picking, both positive and negative, on his and the Stones' overall playing here astounds me; does not anyone just go and enjoy the show, mistakes and all? it's live performance with all its faults. savour it.

Date: June 9, 2013 03:01

StonesTod
treaclefingers
pmk251

spot on.

wait a minute...we're praising a post that basically says there's nothing that can be said?

i wanna know, then, why more of my posts aren't being praised, cos i neve say anything.....

no matter how much flack I get I've always supported your generally weak efforts.

Date: June 9, 2013 03:10

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
pmk251

spot on.

no matter how much flack I get I've always supported your generally weak efforts.

they have jackets for that, you know. and what's all this "generally" business?

Date: June 9, 2013 03:13

andrewt
pinkfloydthebarber
andrewt
Regarding the whole You Had To Be There bullsh!t: The whole point of posting YouTube clips is to have something for the people who couldn't be at the show to have something to comment on.
Alienating the 90% of people reading the thread who weren't at the show by implying their opinions don't matter is more of a buzzkill for the thread than
than any criticism of the performance.

yeah, well anyone can just go see the clips on youtube even if they aren't posted here

i've watched a hundred clips from this tour from previous dates...and nothing, none of 'em, even remotely comes close, obviously, to what i heard in person last night

watch them for fun, though.. not to play pretend music critic

anyhow most (if not all) the posted clips have crap sound, and half the time the picture is lousy too

the guy what posted here earlier with the 'sex tape' comment was spot on; you can't criticize dick all if you didn't hear it live.....so I am sorry, but judging how 'good' or 'terrible' something was, that was played, from a phone camera just doesn't count for squat...

and why would anyone criticize it anyway? something they weren't even at? and play judge, jury and executioner from some crappy, tinny phone cam footage?

THAT"S the real buzz kill..

You're preaching to the choir, my friend.

I was at the show and it's 100x better to be at the show. Hands down.

I've also spent the last six months following the band via clips posted here. So clearly the Stones matter to me. Therefore I had to jump in and defend the decent, hard-working Stones fans who are working with what they've got.
If I didn't, I'd be a hypocrite, and I'm not into being a hypocrite. That's my line of thinking.

Some YouTube clips are obviously better than others. They range from "wow that almost looks pro shot" to one level up from ten years ago when your buddy would call you from a concert on his flip- phone and yell "HEY MAN CHECK THIS OUT!", hold up his phone and all you'd hear was "pffffggttttttttt".

One thing I'd suggest for people joining in when the clips get posted is: hold off on a blanket judgement, concentrate on specifics and, wait a day or two until all the stuff gets uploaded and check a couple of sources because the video that gets posted first is not necessarily the best.

we're somewhat the same on that front then

i look at the videos - youtube and whatnot - but they pretty much stink, at least in comparsion to the real thing. perhaps there will be a dvd of one of these shows one day, or a comp or something, so tose that couldn't make it can get to hear and see it better than youtube

because you can't really 'judge' anything - a performance, a solo, a show - from a youtube video... agreed hey? i mean you can say 'that sounded terrible' or 'that sounds good' - but in reality, if you were there, it may have been the exact opposite

Date: June 9, 2013 03:15

SomeTorontoGirl
From today's Toronto Star

[www.thestar.com]

For Gunther Guhbin, it was the ultimate buzz kill.
The father’s dream of seeing the Rolling Stones with his kids was dashed Thursday night when security at the Air Canada Centre turned him away from the concert. They say he was drunk, something he and his family vigorously deny.
Either way, the result is the same. When the price of tickets, drinks and a limousine is taken into account, it was a more than $1,700 blunder.
“I couldn’t believe it. I still can’t believe it,” Guhbin gasped Friday, after his daughter contacted the Star with their story. “I always wanted to take them to the Stones, and I didn’t think we’d ever get to do it,” he said. “I’m crushed.”
Photos View gallery
zoom
Guhbin’s cautionary tale begins when he surprised his three kids with tickets to the June 6 Stones show at the ACC.
When time came for the concert, the gang of four hopped in a limo from Waterdown, near Hamilton, and headed for the big city. Guhbin, a 52-year-old lawn maintenance man, last saw the British Invasion sensations in 1982. Figuring Thursday’s Toronto show might be his last chance to see the aging band with his kids, Guhbin was bouncing with excitement, said daughter Jessica, 32.
“He was like a little kid,” she said.
The group was dropped off at a downtown bar for dinner. Jessica said she and her of-age brother had three drinks each, while her youngest brother had none. Guhbin said he had six or seven.
After at least two hours, the family made its way to the ACC. At the gate, a security guard told Guhbin he was too drunk and loud, and had “crazy eyes,” said Jessica. She said security took Guhbin and his 16-year-old son’s tickets away, and police asked them to leave.
“We weren’t drunk or nothing,” insisted Guhbin, describing how they had the awareness to call a lawyer, call the newspaper and go to two more bars after they left to buy drinks and keep the receipts as proof that weren’t too drunk to get served.
“If we were that loaded, we wouldn’t have been doing all that,” Guhbin said.
Bob Hunter, MLSE’s executive vice president of venues and entertainment, acknowledged a security guard’s judgment as to drunkenness is “subjective,” but said they cannot let “overly intoxicated” ticket holders into the arena for safety reasons. He added that MLSE doesn’t want to lose its liquor licence.
“Are we overly diligent? Yes, probably, but we have to be. We have 16,000 guests in here,” said Hunter.
When asked why Guhbin’s tickets were taken away, Hunter said it’s to stop those turned away from trying to get in at other gates. Hunter was aware of Guhbin’s incident before being contacted by the Star, and asserted the father was denied entry for good reason.
“This guy stood out through thousands of people,” said Hunter. “He was beyond what we would allow.”
Guhbin was flabbergasted by that assessment, and said he was still “bummed out” by how his high hopes of a memorable night were suddenly deflated.
“My dad was in tears when we were leaving that place,” Jessica said.

jebus!

this family was in jack astors right across the bar from us pre-show!

daughter was dancing and having a ball!

pops didn't look too pissed..no more than anyone else

or me

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 9, 2013 03:46

StonesTod
baldboy

That's true he did. he played Taylor better than Taylor on that song. Closer to the original.

Date: June 9, 2013 04:04

RockinJive
StonesTod
baldboy

That's true he did. he played Taylor better than Taylor on that song. Closer to the original.

Thanks, man. you sound like someone who, like me, actually saw/heard the shows. I will say, as I've said on other threads, when they started Knocking I thought whoah, brave attempt without Taylor here, boys, but Woody was amazing and me and my brother and fellow Stones maniac turned to each other and went "Mick Taylor who?' though we of course love Taylor. I think there's likely a lot of 'memory' music at play here vs what is really happening live, on this tour, in fans' minds. For instance I've seen posts about Rambler saying best ever, well, every tour I've seen when they've played it with Wood has been pretty fine, Keith actually always carries the song, as he carries all Stones songs, and some have said it's better now than on Ya Ya's, well, c'mon. it's live music with all its vagaries and different musicians at different times, just enjoy it and this amazing band in all its forms.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 04:13

RockinJive
StonesTod
baldboy

I am trying to figure out Taylor. Is he under-rehearsed? Is he trying to duplicate the studio version and can't, or is he just taking creative license on-stage and seeing where it goes with MR and CYHMK? Is the pressure of walking-on and having to join in with the band (which has by then shaken off any cob webs) too much? Would he be more at-ease and sound more natural is he played a 3 or four song set and was more in the groove with the band? I have been impressed with the depth his non-solo guitar adds to the sound (but then again, my only thing to judge from is You Tube). It sounds like the audience loves his work.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 9, 2013 05:56

Taylor is a play "in the moment" guitarist. He is not seeking to replicate a solo night after night, but rather play it how he feels around the established part he laid down on a record 40 years ago. He's not under-rehearsed, he's just jamming, playing what suits him as any improvisational musician does. That's generally not the way the Stones do things, at least not since.....Taylor was last in the band. Anyway, he's doing exactly what he should be doing IMO. Take some risks sometimes you hit it big....sometimes you miss....the joy is in the trying.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 07:32 by Woz.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 9, 2013 13:42

I have not read so much of this thread and run the danger of expressing what might already have been said by other posters (later edit: as even in the preceding post to mine). After first yesterday having delighted in the Mick Taylor guitar solo of that moment's inspiration (instead of rendering a copy of one flawless and perfect version from the past or another occasion),

andrewt

MT's solo on CYHMK - judge for yourself

I stumbled across these two posts

Tonyz
andrewt

Train Wreck, anyone?

Hahaha... wow! I knew it was a mess, but I didn't know it was that bad!
Still loved it though, and they fixed stuff up about halfway through.

But still, stick with ADTL guys.

DoomandGloom
Well if you're going to screw up, screw up royally... The Stones should erase this off UTUBE. Eric Clapton used to say the best thing about a concert is when you make a mistake it's over. Let's give them the same courtesy..

Then, after having written the following paragraphs, I read some more critical comments here and there on that song , and delayed to post it. Addressed to DoomandGloom's point of view, whereas Tonyz more or less seems to be more in accordance with my view, here, however, is my response:

What! Erase it? I can't believe it. Isn't this a glimpse of a Rolling Stones, maybe because they did not fully master one song in the situation, who take the song to the brink of chaos, but come through? Who thereby even more so, maybe, touches a string of some exstacy and gives a treat of the unexpected? Done in the manner of the dangerous Rolling Stones of another period of their distant past? A Rolling Stones who were made to let go some of the control (probably involuntary), which seems to have been a so dominating characteristic of the time after 1989, either if they have been daring (but masterful) or not.
Will we not have it this lessening of control? I think it adds an extra thrill to the song. Isn't this what has been missed after 1989, this exposing themselves to take a song to the limits of their command? Is not this one central part of their perfection of the imperfect as better than the more passionless rendering of what is seemingly perfect, but more easily stays on the surface and misses some of the magic? [Not all, I like their three latest studio albums more than most IORRians, I gather, for which time I have focused on the element of their control need when playing live at large venues.]

I for one will love likewise to happen to others songs on other occasions, and the band to dare to give versions of songs that give rise to such thrilling intense moments. If some songs even should fall completely apart and come to something of a full stop, it would mean a unique moment, not without its attraction even then.

[Latest edit: correction of a misprint.]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 14:52 by Witness.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 9, 2013 14:25

Wittness, good observations and insights, but the destiny of this thread is now almost fulfilled, it lost its moment in the sun (sticky status), and we are heading for the next show...

- Doxa

Date: June 9, 2013 14:50

His Majesty
Doxa
Stoneage
There are some positive things with CYHMK, like Taylor making a difference and the fact that it's not a warhorse. But still I'm a Little ambivalent about fusion jazz in 2013.
And it looks like the rest of the band feels something like that too.

I can see your point, and I'm not a fan of that genre at all (as younger I would have put my stance much rougher, to say it mildly...grinning smiley)

But then again, this is a band who once made a rock and roll anthem out of samba, and rock classics with a sitar, or from a disco beat, etc. So for me that little experiment with "fusion jazz" goes along that line. It is refreshing that they still so late in their game are able to enrich their musical vocabulary.

I think the problem is more with the hardcore fans who have too closed shop deal how the Stones should sound like...

- Doxa

Doxa, he's just not playing all that well, there is much in the way of bluffing here. There's no more danger or creativity in Taylor's CYHMK soloing than Jaggers harmonica solo on the same song. Jaggers solo was actually better played, risky and indeed an adventure.

I don't hear any connection between fusion-jazz, nor any "bluffing" in Taylor's noodling on CYHMN, like you, Doxa and our "professor M" are stating, unless you compare it to the very mediocre executed blues and rock licks that this "Vorwärts Männer, wir müssen zurück!" guitar trio is bragging out. Then it is a relieve... despite Taylor's lack of practise. Concerning Jagger's playing (it's not a chromatic harmonica, HM winking smiley), I think it's valid to compare his playing skills to Taylor's ( and Keith's/Ron's): Jagger is still really good at it!

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: June 9, 2013 16:12

Date: June 9, 2013 17:36

Stones Blah

Nice sax solo Keys is doing!

Date: June 9, 2013 19:42

SomeTorontoGirl
From today's Toronto Star

[www.thestar.com]

For Gunther Guhbin, it was the ultimate buzz kill.
The father’s dream of seeing the Rolling Stones with his kids was dashed Thursday night when security at the Air Canada Centre turned him away from the concert. They say he was drunk, something he and his family vigorously deny.
Either way, the result is the same. When the price of tickets, drinks and a limousine is taken into account, it was a more than $1,700 blunder.
“I couldn’t believe it. I still can’t believe it,” Guhbin gasped Friday, after his daughter contacted the Star with their story. “I always wanted to take them to the Stones, and I didn’t think we’d ever get to do it,” he said. “I’m crushed.”
Photos View gallery
zoom
Guhbin’s cautionary tale begins when he surprised his three kids with tickets to the June 6 Stones show at the ACC.
When time came for the concert, the gang of four hopped in a limo from Waterdown, near Hamilton, and headed for the big city. Guhbin, a 52-year-old lawn maintenance man, last saw the British Invasion sensations in 1982. Figuring Thursday’s Toronto show might be his last chance to see the aging band with his kids, Guhbin was bouncing with excitement, said daughter Jessica, 32.
“He was like a little kid,” she said.
The group was dropped off at a downtown bar for dinner. Jessica said she and her of-age brother had three drinks each, while her youngest brother had none. Guhbin said he had six or seven.
After at least two hours, the family made its way to the ACC. At the gate, a security guard told Guhbin he was too drunk and loud, and had “crazy eyes,” said Jessica. She said security took Guhbin and his 16-year-old son’s tickets away, and police asked them to leave.
“We weren’t drunk or nothing,” insisted Guhbin, describing how they had the awareness to call a lawyer, call the newspaper and go to two more bars after they left to buy drinks and keep the receipts as proof that weren’t too drunk to get served.
“If we were that loaded, we wouldn’t have been doing all that,” Guhbin said.
Bob Hunter, MLSE’s executive vice president of venues and entertainment, acknowledged a security guard’s judgment as to drunkenness is “subjective,” but said they cannot let “overly intoxicated” ticket holders into the arena for safety reasons. He added that MLSE doesn’t want to lose its liquor licence.
“Are we overly diligent? Yes, probably, but we have to be. We have 16,000 guests in here,” said Hunter.
When asked why Guhbin’s tickets were taken away, Hunter said it’s to stop those turned away from trying to get in at other gates. Hunter was aware of Guhbin’s incident before being contacted by the Star, and asserted the father was denied entry for good reason.
“This guy stood out through thousands of people,” said Hunter. “He was beyond what we would allow.”
Guhbin was flabbergasted by that assessment, and said he was still “bummed out” by how his high hopes of a memorable night were suddenly deflated.
“My dad was in tears when we were leaving that place,” Jessica said.

I responded to this the other day but post was deleted... not sure why? Because I named the establishment?

Anyway we were in the same bar as this guy and his family pre-show in Toronto - they were at the bar with us - he didn't seem too pissed.. his daughter was dancing away, having a blast..

Date: June 9, 2013 19:47

man i don't get it... toronto june 6 was great.. jagger was phenomenal, especially on worried about you (which keith even applauded afterward), and you got MT on CYHMK and Rambler

i mean come on

haha .. no pun intended but i couldn't resist

why attack MT (or anyone's) playing?

jebus.

'oh the solo wasn't that good' 'oh he screwed up the start bit' 'oh his timing is off' ta da ta da ta da...

even if he did, which is debateable, so what??

it was still effin great man, and 15,000 people there agreed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 19:48 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Date: June 9, 2013 20:34

deleted

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home