Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21
Re: Toronto-2 June 6 Stones show live updates
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:08

What's funny is that you completely missed the irony and sarcasm in the post that got you wound up baldboy

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:08

sonomastone
Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Okay I take that back Keith's second SFTD solo is pretty bitchen.

YAY KEEF!
Its about time...
he really should practice that.
Ive only seen him nail it a couple of times in 30 shows

He was killing it on the steel wheels tour
thumbs up
Steel Wheels was a lot of fun!

I wanna go back and do it again. exactly the same

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:10

sonomastone
Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Okay I take that back Keith's second SFTD solo is pretty bitchen.

YAY KEEF!
Its about time...
he really should practice that.
Ive only seen him nail it a couple of times in 30 shows

He was killing it on the steel wheels tour

Ouch. Not in my book. I LOVE Keef. He is far and away my favorite guitar player of all time - not anyone comes remotely close. But not a single time has he sounded good on Sympathy except on the record - where he was a painter working on a studio soundscape. He's a guitar GOD who out of the blue sounds embarrassing on this one done live. (That whole song in itself has never sounded good onstage IMO, even on Ya-Ya's).

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:11

11:10pm Satisfaction starts

Date: June 7, 2013 06:11

sonomastone
This show live update thread is so much better than most of the others
Most of them degenerate into complaining about the set list or lack of MT by song 4
Really great to hear about the energy at the show mistakes and all
Takes me back to the shows I saw and loved
Lots of time to complain between shows :-)

smileys with beer Yes this was fun... have a live poster is funner.

Date: June 7, 2013 06:15

Keith is bringing home Satisfaction great

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:17

Toronto, you're a GREAT AUDIENCE!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:17

Andrew......you are the man!!! Great updates.....I would've missed the whole thing doing what you did. Damn Bald guy, I'm a complainer but save it for after the show....lol

Date: June 7, 2013 06:18

I didnt what I wanted(to be at the show)
but I got what I needed(vicariously feeling it)

Thanks again andrew... your efforts are appreciated.
I hope it was fun for you too... to know ground control
was here receiving your transmissions... and digging it live.

Date: June 7, 2013 06:18

Nice false ending on Satisfaction, sounded like a bit of ENSTL.

Thank you very much.

We love you

Good night

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:21

andrewt
It's amazing how these guys can brutalize Rocks Off then a few tunes later absolutely rule on Midnight Rambler.

Oh joy, Miss You

Beer #6 we meet again

MISSING MT - UH DUH!!

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:23

sonomastone
Most of them degenerate into complaining about the set list or lack of MT by song 4

mt RULES.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 06:24

Greatest Show On Earth....great audience...applause meter...Cyhmk, MR, worried....too tired t...

Date: June 7, 2013 06:27

6 beers....damn that's at least 42 bucks.....If you're going to go, go big!

Date: June 7, 2013 06:47

sabata
Worried About You

Always have been a sucker for this and Tops.

Date: June 7, 2013 06:57

Thrylan
Andrew......you are the man!!! Great updates.....I would've missed the whole thing doing what you did. Damn Bald guy, I'm a complainer but save it for after the show....lol

I was definitely multitasking! Glad you enjoyed it.
I probably wouldn't have remembered it half as well tomorrow.
I'll go back to being a wise-ass about the Stones tomorrow.
(Rocks Off was a train wreck but for now it's all about the good times.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:13

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:22

Just back from the concert and WOW - what a difference from May 25th. First, this was a comment after I posted about the sound on May 25th. It was loud and muddy and I was nearly deaf for a week afterwards...

gotdablouse
For your ears for the 6th get yourself a pair of these "musician earplugs" : [www.amazon.com]

I got some after being made half deaf at the Trabendo last year, they basically turn the level down without filtering out frequencies like standard earplugs would do. Wish I'd known about them years ago!

OK gotdablouse - you rock! I got a pair of those earplugs and it was amazing, the difference. It was still loud, I was sitting under the same damn bank of speakers, but it was completely clear! I am never taking these earplugs out! Can't recommend them enough, and can't thank you enough for the tip. If you ever need a kidney, I'm O Neg.

It was great to skip the Guest and have Mick Taylor on CYHMK. Some truly wonderful noodling on that tune. Lisa rocked Gimme Shelter - she's truly taken that song on as her own. Some more wonderful noodling on Rambler - Mick J seemed to let Mick T take the lead on it, at one point just picking up his maracas and hanging out with Bernard and Lisa, then standing behind Charlie for a bit while MT went nuts. I found myself watching Charlie quite a bit - he's so solid, but I wonder why he wears earphones on Sympathy - does anyone know? I noticed the same thing last time. Ronnie was also pretty damn fine tonight, he's having a great tour. Keith was great - and I got my Before They Make Me Run tonight! But there was no interaction at all between Mick and Keith that I could see. Several times Mick touched Ronnie, came up beside him, swatted his hair, whatever, but with Keith - nothing, other than the introduction. I don't see those two sitting down for a drink together anymore - sad.

The show has only been over for an hour, I'm still buzzing, so will read the other posts and call it a night. This may have been the last time - but if it was, it was pretty damn great!

P.S. The 4-bar tribute to Come On, their first single released 50 years ago tomorrow, was a nice touch. And I'll have to find a video of Satisfaction - Keith played a weird intro, and Ronnie was laughing at him - need to hear that again. This was a lot to take in tonight!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 07:40 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:23

Ahhh...it was a great show!..impressive...lots of young kids getting into it...but us older guys stood up longer! MT needs to go full-time...it was clear how much better it could be...there were a couple of songs that needed some fills, Brown Sugar in particular...but what the heck...they killed it anyway!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:46

Great show. For me the highlight was that little snippet of Come On.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:46

Just from reading here, seems like a great show. No guest. I hope they keep it up. I hope the guest for Philly 2 is nobody.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:50

Just got back to the hotel. Ears still ringing. My first show on this tour , but they obviously killed it! Packed house that stood up the whole show.

Highlights:

Gimme shelter -Lisa was great
Worried about you- it was awesome seeing the keyboard come out after GS. I knew what was coming....
CYHMK-I haven't deified Mick Taylor like some on this website , but he is a virturoso- this song made me relaize that Bobby Keys is a virtuoso as well
The two Keith songs . Ronnie certainly nailed the acoustic on Silver
Midnight Rambler was THE highlight of the night. They turned back the clock with 4/5 of the Altamont line up- nothing more to say.
As far as the "warhorses" go the best were Sympathy-Keith was great and his red shirt was sharp, YCAGWYW with the choir and satisfaction which brouhgt the house down.

I may do a more detailed review tomorrow, but need some sleep now...

Date: June 7, 2013 07:50

PS- forgot to mention they played a short piece of "come one"-pretty cool.

Date: June 7, 2013 07:54

Jesse
Did MT play on Rocks Off? Why was it bad?

Thanx.

No MT. Just wait till some YouTube shows up and then the post mortem can begin. It seems like Mick started the second verse and Keith/the band did the "heading for the overload" bit instead. Then Mick tried to catch up to that part and the band went back to the start of the second verse and it got worse from there.

Date: June 7, 2013 07:59

andrewt
Jesse

Thanx.

No MT. Just wait till some YouTube shows up and then the post mortem can begin. It seems like Mick started the second verse and Keith/the band did the "heading for the overload" bit instead. Then Mick tried to catch up to that part and the band went back to the start of the second verse and it got worse from there.

I agree that Rocks Off was a bit sloppy, but who cares! The rest more then makes up for. Also-after reading through the other posts, I agree that there is no interaction between Mick (J) and Keith. Very strange .

Also nice to see Mick Taylor "hamming it up " on Satisfcation.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2013 08:01

Montrealsuperfan
andrewt
Jesse

Thanx.

I agree that Rocks Off was a bit sloppy, but who cares! The rest more then makes up for. Also-after reading through the other posts, I agree that there is no interaction between Mick (J) and Keith. Very strange .

Also nice to see Mick Taylor "hamming it up " on Satisfcation.
Stuff happens.. Rock's Off has a weird form. MT couldn't help this type of mistake...

Date: June 7, 2013 08:41

Max'sKansasCity
sonomastone

smileys with beer Yes this was fun... have a live poster is funner.

Dare I say that Andrew was the MVP...... his updates and REALISTIC commentary was a breathe of fresh air. Didn't say it was awesome when it veered off course, and therefore was believable and poignant. His energy came through...... awesome.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 7, 2013 08:45

Wow this is easily the most positive show thread of the tour. Maybe the nature of this tour has been accepted. Although no guest tonight. One more show until Boston!!!!

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 7, 2013 08:47

YEAH, BABY!!!
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

Nice to see this board not shit on the show like Toronto night 1.

CYHMK with MT!!!!!!!!!!!!! @#$%& insane!!! That and Midnight Rambler were the highlights of the night.

Rocks Off was a mess, but it was great.

Before They Make Me Run was great.

The little snippet of Come On was pretty cool.

Never been a fan of Worried About You, but no doubt Mick nailed it.

The warhorses are all awesome. F' the haters!

Overall, I still liked the first Toronto show more, because it was the first one. No concert, no matter how good, will ever top that one. But still, this show was incredible, unbeatable, insanely amazing and spectacular.

Within 2 weeks I saw the motherfucking Stones live twice; something I never thought I'd get to see happen once. But I guess if you try sometimes...

Thanks guys! You just made this 22 year old's life complete.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 08:53 by Tonyz.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:11

Tonyz
YEAH, BABY!!!
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

Nice to see this board not shit on the show like Toronto night 1.

CYHMK with MT!!!!!!!!!!!!! @#$%& insane!!! That and Midnight Rambler were the highlights of the night.

Rocks Off was a mess, but it was great.

Before They Make Me Run was great.

The little snippet of Come On was pretty cool.

Never been a fan of Worried About You, but no doubt Mick nailed it.

The warhorses are all awesome. F' the haters!

Overall, I still liked the first Toronto show more, because it was the first one. No concert, no matter how good, will ever top that one. But still, this show was incredible, unbeatable, insanely amazing and spectacular.

Within 2 weeks I saw the motherfucking Stones live twice; something I never thought I'd get to see happen once. But I guess if you try sometimes...

Thanks guys! You just made this 22 year old's life complete.

Toronto 1 was just unlucky- all the disappointment that it wasn't going to be another MT-fest like Staples 2 got translated into hate for the show itself and it got slammed, not for what it was but for what it wasn't.

Worried About You is a song that's passed me by - don't love it, don't hate it, don't listen to it much - but Mick sounds in fine form there and I'm looking forward to a complete video (Why do so many people record a minute or two and give up? )

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home