Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BST Hyde Park - Barclaycard Paybands now available
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:55

Just had an email about applying for a free Barclaycard payband, which entitles you to fast track entry, I've secured mine but there is only a limited number of these available.

[www.barclaycardpayband.com]

Re: BST Hyde Park - Barclaycard Paybands now available
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:04

Fast Track? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this shit? I want to be there early to get to the front. Isn`t this possible without this band? I live in Germany and can`t get one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 13:05 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:12

Hum... "There’s one PayBand available per person and you need to be a UK resident to apply"

Full terms : [www.barclaycardpayband.com]

3. Using your PayBand
3.1. The PayBand can be used to make contactless purchases of up to £20 at UK retailers accepting Mastercard PayPass contactless payments. The maximum balance you can have is £200. You will not be able to load and spend more than a cumulative total of £500 during the lifetime of your PayBand.
3.2. Your PayBand will expire at 00:01 on 15th July 2013 after BBST. You have a right under condition 4.4 to request a return of unspent funds at any time; if there is still any money left on your Account we will return it to your Registered Card automatically on 17th July 2013.
3.3. You can view your Balance and details of payments in and out of your Account online at www.barclaycardpayband.com or at a Barclaycard PayBand Help Desk at BBST. Please tell us as soon as possible if there is something which you think is wrong.
3.4. If you make a purchase, the amount will be taken from the available balance on your Account immediately.
3.5. This is not a credit facility. You can only use your PayBand if you have enough money in your Account to cover the Transaction.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:23

From what I gather this is used at food and drink stands? Don't think it means you can get in earlier. Although nothing surprises me anymore. Good thing I've come to terms that I will hang out in the back.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:24

Rolling92 said "fast track entry"

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:37

it states fast track entry:

"Apply for your free Barclaycard PayBand now and you can enjoy fast-track entry at the festival. "

No idea how this should work, and it is only available for UK residents.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:45

The general admission, standing at FOS business is not as straightforward as I imagined, reading the info on the BST website, the food/drink area is separated from the 'main-arena'...the FAQS on the website says that once you have entered into the 'main-arena' you can't be let back in if you leave it...

If this is the case, I sincerely hope there are toilets in the 'main arena' not just in the food court, otherwise there is no point in olding a FOS position early and missing out on any of the performances because you need the toilet.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:57

Just looked at this email. First I would say they shouldn't send it to anyone outside of the UK, it's kind of mean. Anyhow, I don't think they will have too much of an advantage unless they are let in earlier than ticket holders. Seems the only difference is they scan a bracelet rather than tear a ticket stub. Also, it's used at food/drink stands as I suspected. That's a real good idea in my opinion. Too bad I'm not eligible as I'm not a British resident.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:56

They had these at the isle of wight festival last year. It was useful as you didn't have to carry cash but I don't think i'd want it for a one night concert.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 6, 2013 02:41

I wouldn't believe a word Barclaycard or AEG say going on their recent history thumbs down

I don't really need one as I have an exclusive bar and flushing toileteye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 6, 2013 02:56

All you get from these wristbands is the opportunity to spend much more than you otherwise would on booze, food etc. because you don't "feel" the same as when you part with cash. The "fast track" merely means that you spend less time in the "non-wristband" queue to get in......bearing in mind that there are thousands of these wristbands issued that does not in any way mean that you are going to get in before anyone else. They also describe Tier 1 and 2 as "fast-track" entry, which they are, simply by virtue of having a separate entrance....and they're still trying to sell the wristbands to those who've got Tier 1 or 2......need I say more ?

Satisfied since 1976

Date: June 6, 2013 12:35

chriseganstar
All you get from these wristbands is the opportunity to spend much more than you otherwise would on booze, food etc. because you don't "feel" the same as when you part with cash. The "fast track" merely means that you spend less time in the "non-wristband" queue to get in......bearing in mind that there are thousands of these wristbands issued that does not in any way mean that you are going to get in before anyone else. They also describe Tier 1 and 2 as "fast-track" entry, which they are, simply by virtue of having a separate entrance....and they're still trying to sell the wristbands to those who've got Tier 1 or 2......need I say more ?

at least it is free to oder (also I doubt that they wilol send them to germany althought I ordered some).

I asked them by twitter how the fast track entrance will work at Hyde park:

"
Paybands offer customers fast track entry through the Barclaycard Payband entrance, as there are a limited number 1/2of paybands this should make gaining entry to the event much quicker. Hope you have a great day. 2/2 ^CB"

Date: June 6, 2013 13:57

So you were able to complete an order with shipping to Germany? I can't even get that darn form to validate when using the address of a friend in the UK ! It seems to complain about "Please Enter Only Numbers" - but they don't highlight what entry might be the problem...usual AEG headaches, eh ;-)

Date: June 6, 2013 14:21

Hi gotdablouse,
i entered:

county: Germany
country (which was fixed): UK

Let's see what British mail will make out of that delivery adress.

( I have no problem with Germany becoming a British county tongue sticking out smiley)

Date: June 19, 2013 16:11

Any luck getting that Payband Stoneswolf?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:24

Stoneswolf
Hi gotdablouse,
i entered:

county: Germany
country (which was fixed): UK

Let's see what British mail will make out of that delivery adress.

( I have no problem with Germany becoming a British county tongue sticking out smiley)

Yeah the Germans have tried that twice recently now it's our turn

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 20, 2013 21:30

I would love to have a payband at festivals. In my country the promotors usually sell coins. You always end up buying more coins than you need and in many cases it is impossible to return unused coins or there is a huge cue after the event.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 20, 2013 22:47

Dont worry. You wont have much need for coins when buying beers at a festival in London!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home