Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones in Argentina ... and other stadium shows ??
Posted by: matinil ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:37

Several media sites are saying that the Stones are confirmed for March 2014 in Buenos Aires... guess the tour will continue...

[rollingstonesok.blogspot.com.ar]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 22:05 by bv.

Re: Argentina Media confirming the Stones for March 2014
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:50

There's a lot of talking about it here in Brazil, too. It has been reported that the Stones will play in various football arenas that are being built (or are being reformed) for the World Cup 2014.

This is not unlikely, but until we get some official news from the Stones, I will not lose my sleep.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:03

GREAT NEWS for you guys down South!!! smileys with beer
Heck, Great news for EVERYBODY!!! drinking smileysmileys with beerdrinking smiley

Re: Stones shows post July 2013?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:18

Great news for South American fans. There's also talk of shows in the months preceding 2014.

Article mentions that following a short break after Hyde Park there's a planned mini-tour of Europe.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:36

That jives with what an IORRian at CHI/3 overheard from Chuck's friends. I think there was a mention of Australia too? I hope they find some time to record some new tracks at some point though...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:09

Maybe when they go off to the rest of the world they'll feel the need to feed us some new product and release something, like more bootlegs, or their promo films.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:21

120,000 people x $600 = PAYDAY!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:55

Ole Ole Ole!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:24

Let's see if it is truth!
Let's see if we hear this again: "Hola Argentina!"

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:30

Great! More time for the band to gel with Mick Taylor on his two songs.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:39

matinil
Several media sites are saying that the Stones are confirmed for March 2014 in Buenos Aires... guess the tour will continue...

[rollingstonesok.blogspot.com.ar]

I KNEW it was worth keeping those 300,000 BRITISH AIRWAYS Air MILES I've got for something ....................... yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Stones in Argentina March 2014 ??
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 5, 2013 09:15

Thanks. Lookin for Amsterdam.....................

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 5, 2013 10:36

Air miles for me too!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:32

the mentioning of a mini Europe-tour sounds interesting. Any more rumours about this? (or might it have just been mixed up with the two Hydepark gigs being the mini Europe tour?)

Did I get the article right that they are going to built a new big stadium stage for South america?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:43

There is another source for Europe yes, look at my post above.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:45

Cristiano Radtke
There's a lot of talking about it here in Brazil, too. It has been reported that the Stones will play in various football arenas that are being built (or are being reformed) for the World Cup 2014.

This is not unlikely, but until we get some official news from the Stones, I will not lose my sleep.
Can't imagine Stones doing several shows in Brazil - not at all in stadiums, ticket prices too high, Stones don't have that big a fan base in Brazil and if I remember well, some years ago, they couldn't even "sell out" a consert (some 40.000 tickets) in Rio. Buenos Aires is a Stones place. Copacabana was for free, which is something else and they will probably not make more free conserts in Rio (well you never know).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 12:46 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:04

Hahahahaha

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:15

"Can't imagine Stones doing several shows in Brazil - not at all in stadiums, ticket prices too high"

Mtaylor, i think everywhere the Stones do gigs in stadiums or huge parks (Europe included), the prices will be for sure much lower than the level of the current northamerican arena tour. But in any case, yes, we have to expect more shows in Argentina than in Brazil.

Great news and logical news,i could say: How the hell could the Stones do their farewell tour without visiting Argentina??

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:30

laertisflash
the Stones do their farewell tour

...whatever gave you thàt idea...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:49

gotdablouse

And another smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:00

Dreamer
gotdablouse

which one, would you mind to tell more?

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:04

That's great newssmileys with beer

Date: June 5, 2013 16:07

Stoneswolf
Dreamer
gotdablouse

which one, would you mind to tell more?

They are discussing dates & schedules (and some other numbers...) for South America & Europe at the moment.

Date: June 5, 2013 16:49

+ Australia

Date: June 5, 2013 17:40

My info is from the day after the last Staples show talking to xx & xx just about shows in E & SA; maybe Australia is in the picture as well. I hope so for the Aussies!

Date: June 5, 2013 18:54

mtaylor
Cristiano Radtke

Can't imagine Stones doing several shows in Brazil - not at all in stadiums, ticket prices too high, Stones don't have that big a fan base in Brazil and if I remember well, some years ago, they couldn't even "sell out" a consert (some 40.000 tickets) in Rio. Buenos Aires is a Stones place. Copacabana was for free, which is something else and they will probably not make more free conserts in Rio (well you never know).

Well, what I've said is that the reports in Brazil are popping here from town to town. "The Stones will play in Sao Paulo, Rio and a lot of cities more", and I frankly can't believe in this.

If (and only IF) the Stones play in Brazil, I think it will be only a couple of concerts, and that's it.

And what you told about Buenos Aires is 100% correct. In fact, the Argentinians are passionate not only for the Stones but they're a passionate people for rock bands and football. I have never seen anything like that in any other place, so Buenos Aires really is a Stones place.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:17

mtaylor
Cristiano Radtke

I don't know. I think that the Stones have a pretty large following in Brazil. Paul McCartney plays soccer stadiums all across the country (places outside of Sao Paulo/Rio) like Fortaleza and Curitiba. I am sure that the Stones could do so as well. As far as prices go - well, anyone who has been to Brazil in the last couple of years and seen the economic growth there knows that consumer prices there seem to be higher than in the US.

Date: June 5, 2013 19:56

drbryant
mtaylor
Cristiano Radtke

I don't know. I think that the Stones have a pretty large following in Brazil. Paul McCartney plays soccer stadiums all across the country (places outside of Sao Paulo/Rio) like Fortaleza and Curitiba. I am sure that the Stones could do so as well. As far as prices go - well, anyone who has been to Brazil in the last couple of years and seen the economic growth there knows that consumer prices there seem to be higher than in the US.

The Stones do have a pretty large fanbase here in Brazil, but I can assure you that if they play 3 concerts, none of them will be a sell out concert. In Buenos Aires they surely can play 5 times and all of them will be on a packed stadium.

And I'm obviously talking about this just as an example, not that I'm saying that they will play that lot of times in Brazil or Argentina, if they come here.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 6, 2013 02:46

Cristiano Radtke
drbryant
mtaylor
Cristiano Radtke

The Stones do have a pretty large fanbase here in Brazil, but I can assure you that if they play 3 concerts, none of them will be a sell out concert. In Buenos Aires they surely can play 5 times and all of them will be on a packed stadium.

And I'm obviously talking about this just as an example, not that I'm saying that they will play that lot of times in Brazil or Argentina, if they come here.

Well, having been to Buenos Aires twice last year, and having been robbed twice, I shan't be going back but.....if they make it up to Fortaleza where we spend the summers then I will definitely be there !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: boituvense ()
Date: June 6, 2013 05:09

I'm brazilian, but I want to see the Stones in Argentina!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home