Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Truly Disgtusting
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:43

treat us mean, keep us keen tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 5, 2013 09:14

Just like sex, you will miss it when it's gone.................

Date: June 5, 2013 09:44

MisterDDDD
Spodlumt
This special guests crap is so offensive. The fact that such a legendary band would stupe to this is an offense to everybody that followed them from the beginnning. I am ashamed to be a fan for more than 45 years,THEY @#$%& BLEW IT! God, what a waste. Mick Taylor comes back (basically to cover for a geriatric, worthless Keith Richards) and he plays two songs a night? WTF? We get people from "American Idol"? Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas? The fact the that such a revoulionary group of musicians went out like this is so heartbreaking....FLAME ME ALL YOU WANT BUT THIS BAND MEANT THE WORLD TO ME AND THEY CRASHED AND BURNED IN FRONT OF US - WHEN THEY COULD HAVE GONE OUT SO GRACWFULLY...Truly a let down....

All these "longtime" "fans" ho are rooting for this to be THE san song for the boys are making me ill.

THEY are still an active band.
Even speaking publicly about a potential new album in the fall followed by yet another tour. Jeezus.

Do you mind if they continue to build audiences and have special guest appearances
the SAME ay they have for DECADES???

It's ONE @#$%& song.

I, also a longtime fan, rather enjoy hearing and seeing the young popular artists
(and hot chicks) play and sing with the band.

Get over yourselves.

WHAT WAS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THE DUET WITH TAYLOR??
BEAUTIFUL SONG, DONE BEAUTIFULLY BY BOTH MICK AND TAYLOR.

ALSO FUN TO SEE KEITH TAKE A SEAT AND PLAY.

I say those that don't appreciate and respect the bands right to build audiences and play with whomever they please, weren't really "FANS" to begin with.

Just as fun as in 1969, 1970, 1972, 1994, 1995, 2006 and 2007.

Christ! Do your homework...

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: June 5, 2013 10:18

You surely would have been furious back then, when they played along with Muddy Waters at the Mocambo. Man was Muddy "geriatric" then. Awful!!!

Get a life.

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: June 5, 2013 10:21

All these guest are going me on my nerves. Nobody wants to see them.

Date: June 5, 2013 10:37

Glammy

The band wants to play with them...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 10:40

Rocky Dijon
Don't apologize. There were many other spelling errors as you doubtless know. Some would find it disgtusting, but I don't mind. It's sort of like having Popeye posting on the board.

Please (all) bear in mind that 'some of us' don't have spelling issues (just) due to a lack of concentration and/or intelligence.
There's the matter of nativity, off course, ànd - my main point here - a thing called dyslexia; widely known & accepted as a medical condition.
So I always try to leave my high horse in the stable when I notice spelling errors (especially on this board).

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 10:41

MisterDDDD
Spodlumt
This special guests crap is so offensive. The fact that such a legendary band would stupe to this is an offense to everybody that followed them from the beginnning. I am ashamed to be a fan for more than 45 years,THEY @#$%& BLEW IT! God, what a waste. Mick Taylor comes back (basically to cover for a geriatric, worthless Keith Richards) and he plays two songs a night? WTF? We get people from "American Idol"? Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas? The fact the that such a revoulionary group of musicians went out like this is so heartbreaking....FLAME ME ALL YOU WANT BUT THIS BAND MEANT THE WORLD TO ME AND THEY CRASHED AND BURNED IN FRONT OF US - WHEN THEY COULD HAVE GONE OUT SO GRACWFULLY...Truly a let down....

All these "longtime" "fans" ho are rooting for this to be THE san song for the boys are making me ill.

Even speaking publicly about a potential new album in the fall followed by yet another tour. Jeezus.

Do you mind if they continue to build audiences and have special guest appearances
the SAME ay they have for DECADES???

It's ONE @#$%& song.

I, also a longtime fan, rather enjoy hearing and seeing the young popular artists
(and hot chicks) play and sing with the band.

Get over yourselves.

WHAT WAS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THE DUET WITH TAYLOR??
BEAUTIFUL SONG, DONE BEAUTIFULLY BY BOTH MICK AND TAYLOR.

ALSO FUN TO SEE KEITH TAKE A SEAT AND PLAY.

I say those that don't appreciate and respect the bands right to build audiences and play with whomever they please, weren't really "FANS" to begin with.

Completely agree with you, DDD. thumbs up

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 5, 2013 11:16

"Mick Taylor comes back (basically to cover for a geriatric, worthless Keith Richards)..."

Mick Taylor isn't here to cover someone and Keith works well on this tour. Keith "worthless"? Don't be so malicious...As for the guests: Well, everyone of us likes some of them and does not like others. Do you think it's a really big deal the question who the hell will perform with the Stones on just ONE song out of 22 numbers? And almost all the guest performances varied from decent to very good, IMO, for the time being.

I think the reason why the Stones are bringing artists from various genarations and various musical kinds is basically symbolic. I don't think that just one Swift's fan would buy a ticket (and in particular an expensive one...) for a Stones concert to see her singing only one song, unless this fan has some interest, a predisposition to see the Stones.

The whining is unbelieveble here... If the Stones were bringing Mick Taylor on stage for three - four more songs, many members of the ATTAFEC Party ("All The Time And For Everything Complainers") of the board would probably demand: "Taylor on the whole gig, please". In that case, i'm afraid that ATTAFEC Party would change dramatically it's line: "This fat guitarist isn't good enough anymore. The Stones should be ashamed, they did nothing to resurrect Brian Jones"... Sorry for my metaphisical imagination, but if the Stones are indicted for the title (!!!!) of a compilation - album, then every charge against them is possible on the board.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 11:48

DandelionPowderman
Glammy

The band wants to play with them...

At least Mick does..

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 11:56

I must have been taken in for years because this just isn't the band that I was so taken with for so many years! Any band out there could have played these same tunes and done just as good a job as what I've seen so far in these videos of the Stones and one just has to wonder?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:01

When I saw them in Cleveland in 94' Lenny Kravits opened, and then came out as a surprise and sang No Expectations with the band. I believe the only time it was played on that tour........that was a special guest. Knowing beforehand that EVERY night god kmows who is going to prance out really doesn't seem so "special", more like a parlor trick.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:13

Max'sKansasCity
Stoneage
Mister DDDD

Isn't that stretching it a bit...

Hmmmmmm..... someone has not been paying attention, please try to keep up.
Releasing new songs, playing arenas, touring, having fun = active band

Two new songs and 10 weeks of touring in seven years is hardly what I'd consider active but yes, they are out there at this very moment.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:05

I'm actually surprised how much the guest thing suddenly made such a strong fury here. It has been a fixed part of the package in this tour straight from the beginning, but it was this Taylor chick who somehow made it untolerable. I guess it was not just her, but more like "enough is enough".

But nothing wrong with that - in expressing one's feelings I mean. For me it is not such a big thing, since it brings something different to otherwise rather predictable shows, but that's me. Be it sometimes corny, cheap or something, but different all the same. Let's say I'm happy they do anything out of the box.

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:10

Carnaby
Keith is the entire reason we go to the Stones and essentially what you are listening to at a Stones concert

I think the singer frontman also might have something to do why "we" go to the Stones, and what we are listening there...

- Doxa

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:19

Another ridiculous post about something really not worth worrying about. As it was already pointed out, it's one song. If this bothers you so much I suggest you might have some sort of mental issue. I don't like the guests but it ends there. I'm not disgusted, offended, embarrassed, etc. This is the hand we've been dealt. Either play or fold.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:38

Agree with those who think you need to lighten up man. It's only one song for crying out loud. Some of the guests are great-fogarty waites etc. gotta take the good with the bad-bit like life in general

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:22

Spodlumt
Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas?

Probably. 43,552,639 Taylor Swift facebook "friends" can't be wrong.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 15:37 by tatters.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:53

I completely agree with the original poster. I don't understand the need for special guests in the first place. Maybe once on a tour if they decide they want to share the stage for a special reason. Maybe with someone that inspired them (Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry etc.) as a thanks for the inspiration. Maybe even with one of their contemporaries who possesses a legacy that will also be remembered in popular music (Springsteen, Bowie, Dylan etc.) but to night after night drag up and parade around the likes of Carrie Underwood is just embarrassing. I actually had to google that name to even find out who she was. To my horror I learned that the world's greatest rock and roll band are finished. Mick is now reduced to sharing the stage with tarty pop clones and talent show winners. These people don't know who he is, don't bring anything musical to the event and certainly don't bring a fanbase that will buy Stones albums in the future. If I ever meet Keith, so called Mr. Rock and Roll and heart of the band, I'm going to tell him that Taylor Swift blew him off the stage. They've chosen to end their careers as props behind flash in the pan worthless celebrities. What a shame!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:56

"truly disgusting" to describe the guests is exaggerating things just a bit. It's not like Taylor Swift is a neo-nazi.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:09

GumbootCloggeroo
"truly disgusting" to describe the guests is exaggerating things just a bit. It's not like Taylor Swift is a neo-nazi.

what's wrong with neo-nazis?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:10

StonesTod
GumbootCloggeroo

what's wrong with neo-nazis?
They tend to harmonize with white singers only.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:12

tatters
Spodlumt
Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas?

Probably. 43,552,639 Taylor Swift facebook "friends" can't be wrong.

Can 700 Billion flies be wrong?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:14

iamthedj
I completely agree with the original poster. I don't understand the need for special guests in the first place. Maybe once on a tour if they decide they want to share the stage for a special reason. Maybe with someone that inspired them (Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry etc.) as a thanks for the inspiration. Maybe even with one of their contemporaries who possesses a legacy that will also be remembered in popular music (Springsteen, Bowie, Dylan etc.) but to night after night drag up and parade around the likes of Carrie Underwood is just embarrassing. I actually had to google that name to even find out who she was. To my horror I learned that the world's greatest rock and roll band are finished. Mick is now reduced to sharing the stage with tarty pop clones and talent show winners. These people don't know who he is, don't bring anything musical to the event and certainly don't bring a fanbase that will buy Stones albums in the future. If I ever meet Keith, so called Mr. Rock and Roll and heart of the band, I'm going to tell him that Taylor Swift blew him off the stage. They've chosen to end their careers as props behind flash in the pan worthless celebrities. What a shame!

What? You mean to say that you don't hear the deep Mississippi Delta blues influences in We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 17:16 by tatters.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:26

GumbootCloggeroo

Sie ist die neue Führerin! Pass auf!

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:41

I wonder how much of the guest bitching is done by people going to the actual concerts. When you're at the show(Crow at mine) the guest spot goes by so fast it's almost like it never happened. Certain online folk tend to take relatively unimportant stuff during shows and blow them up into something insane. Being at the actual shows, it's just one of a hundred things going on at once.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:44

StonesCat
I wonder how much of the guest bitching is done by people going to the actual concerts. When you're at the show(Crow at mine) the guest spot goes by so fast it's almost like it never happened. Certain online folk tend to take relatively unimportant stuff during shows and blow them up into something insane. Being at the actual shows, it's just one of a hundred things going on at once.

one of many reasons why it's best to analyze the shows without going to them. the perks are just that much better.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:45

So the exaggerated outrage rolls on. As many have pointed out ... it is just one song. Which is still a Rolling Stones song (at least with the women which cause this outrage). Which is usually no worse than if they had done it without the guest. And provides some nice eye candy. Some might argue it is better than getting some old blues cat to rehash some boring standard blues cover.

By the way, my preference would absolutely be for no guests. And I don't own any music by the female guests, nor will I ever go and buy their music ... so I am not a fan of them at all.

But to blow your top over this says more about your own too-grumpy-to-enjoy-life attitude than anything. Get over it. Try to have some fun. The Stones are having a good time on stage, the female guests are a part of that (and hot women and the Stones go hand in hand, a point seemingly lost on the whingers), and that's really the bottom line.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:48

StonesCat

I had Carrie Underwood at mine. I hate IORR anyway so it didn't really affect me. I did think she was useless up there but was ambivalent for the most part.

We'll see what guests I get in Boston and both Philly's that people will bitch about.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:48

Alfonz
So the exaggerated outrage rolls on. As many have pointed out ... it is just one song. Which is still a Rolling Stones song (at least with the women which cause this outrage). Which is usually no worse than if they had done it without the guest. And provides some nice eye candy. Some might argue it is better than getting some old blues cat to rehash some boring standard blues cover.

By the way, my preference would absolutely be for no guests. And I don't own any music by the female guests, nor will I ever go and buy their music ... so I am not a fan of them at all.

your exaggerated outrage has been duly noted and will be included in the final official outrage compilation journal.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home