Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tour the southern US already!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2013 00:44

They've done LA and Anaheim shows, so I think that pretty much qualifies for the Southern US.

It's only a couple of hours to Bakersfield...as long as you run twenny rev lights.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 00:49

Atlanta deserves a show!!!

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:22

Is there anybody on the site that really has any inside information as to whether the stones will come down south this year? It makes no sense for them not to. There is a huge following in Florida Georgia and Texas and they have not played here since 2006-ish

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:35

Fixembones
Is there anybody on the site that really has any inside information as to whether the stones will come down south this year? It makes no sense for them not to. There is a huge following in Florida Georgia and Texas and they have not played here since 2006-ish

no inside info..but the recession and unemployment affected a lot of these areas here pretty bad

they might have factored that in when deciding where to go..

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:37

duke richardson
Fixembones

no inside info..but the recession and unemployment affected a lot of these areas here pretty bad

I thought it may have been the amount of horse crap we've been putting out there...its good to hear its just the recession...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:52

Munichhilton
duke richardson
Fixembones

I thought it may have been the amount of horse crap we've been putting out there...its good to hear its just the recession...

hasn't the horse-crap been receding of late?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 16:54

Munichhilton
duke richardson
Fixembones

could be that too...

but Mick and Keith are basically southern boys..

Date: June 12, 2013 16:56

they alwaysplay dallas in oct-nov when they tour. look it up. they'll do southern u.s in winter

Date: June 12, 2013 16:58

21stcenturystones
they alwaysplay dallas in oct-nov when they tour. look it up. they'll do southern u.s in winter

always? ALWAYS??? i looked it up...

Date: June 12, 2013 17:39

well, lately but NOT ALWAYS...i remember back in 75, having to melt in the july heat of the cottonbowl in dallas, listening to opening acts Montrose and the Eagles, before Stones came on and Jagger unleashing the firehose on everyone!

Date: June 12, 2013 17:43

21stcenturystones
well, lately but NOT ALWAYS...i remember back in 75, having to melt in the july heat of the cottonbowl in dallas, listening to opening acts Montrose and the Eagles, before Stones came on and Jagger unleashing the firehose on everyone!

and 72 and 78...that's 3 not alwayses....

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: June 12, 2013 17:43

Fixembones

Honestly, i see no way this tour will continue in the US. Musically it has been a success but financialy someone is taking a hit. They have flex priced down all tickets, for tonights show in Boston they had they 85.00 tickets available for over 8 hours. AEG is looking at a slim margin of profit at best if the Stones guarantee numbers are to be believed.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 12, 2013 17:44

Shawn20

Why?

Date: June 12, 2013 17:49

Roscoe
Shawn20

Why?

i was wondering this myself. i was thinking, tampa and st. petersburg, sure...but Atlanta???

Date: June 12, 2013 17:56

2 Florida Shows 1 City

1 Atlanta Show

2 Texas Shows 1 City

2 NYC Shows

Done

Date: June 12, 2013 17:58

jumpontopofmebaby
2 Florida Shows 1 City

1 Atlanta Show

2 Texas Shows 1 City

2 NYC Shows

Done

yay - new york city back on the chitlin circuit!

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: June 12, 2013 18:10

To be realistic Mick has to lower the prices of tickets plus lower what he wants for each show if not I don't know if the fall tour will happen even with another promoter.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 12, 2013 18:16

GravityBoy
"Tour the southern US already!"

But is it safe?

I saw Deliverance once.
i do not think it's safe . i once was called a yankee in Tulsa (i know it's bible belt ) i

Date: June 12, 2013 18:18

daytime
To be realistic Mick has to lower the prices of tickets plus lower what he wants for each show if not I don't know if the fall tour will happen even with another promoter.

and in kind we all need to continue to lower expectations. we've been doing great with this lately, so it shouldn't difficult to continue it.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home