Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:27

Are we supposed to be impressed that a 23 year old writes a bunch of songs that are basically "the trials and tribulations of upper-class white American teenage girls"?

She has absolutely no range.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 03:30 by Tonyz.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:32

What irritates me most about Swift is that although she is 23 years old, her lyrics sound like they are written by a 12 year old.

Date: June 4, 2013 03:36

spsimmons
What irritates me most about Swift is that although she is 23 years old, her lyrics sound like they are written by a 12 year old.

Bingo. From what I've seen and heard from her, she just seems... simple. Everything is kittens and sunshine and flowers with her. It's nauseating.

And of course, it's all a calculated effort to sell her sex appeal to middle America. Because let's be honest... if she looked like Janis Joplin, no one would know who she was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 03:37 by Tonyz.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:37

Tonyz
Are we supposed to be impressed that a 23 year old writes a bunch of songs that are basically "the trials and tribulations of upper-class white American teenage girls"?

She has absolutely no range.

Well she got a 20.000.000 record sales, you should have a better reason for this...................

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:42

I thought this thread was about the show tonight.talk about Taylor on another thread would ya's!

Date: June 4, 2013 03:43

Excellent point...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:52

NICOS
Never heard anyone complaining about Marianne Faithful as guest on Rock and Roll Circus...............

That's because Marianne (co-)wrote Sister Morphine--a song good enough to be on one of the Stones' best albums. Now there's a chanteuse who deserves to be up there guesting at a Stones show, and from the historical theme of this 50 & Counting tour, she is the singer/songwriter that would make the most sense as a guest.

Perhaps if she looked like she did in 1968 then Mick would have her on.

The only reason that the Taylor Swifts of the music industry are on stage with The Stones is because Mick is obsessed with youth. Yes, he had Bonnie Raitt on stage as well, but this is the exception.

I would like to know how many Stones fans who own most, if not all, of the Stones' discography also own most, if not all, of the albums released by Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift.

A Stones fan is more likely to have a copy of Broken English than a record by Gaga or Swift.

Stones fans should petition the Stones website to have Marianne Faithfull as a guest at Hyde Park to sing Sister Morphine with Mick. Who on here would complain about that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 03:53 by stonehearted.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:55

I would.

And Taylor had better keep her hands off Mick T. No matter what she offers him.

I found the AMAZING marketing campaign for her latest album sickening.

Wonder what she will be doing in five years.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:56

Tonyz
spsimmons

Bingo. From what I've seen and heard from her, she just seems... simple. Everything is kittens and sunshine and flowers with her. It's nauseating.

And of course, it's all a calculated effort to sell her sex appeal to middle America. Because let's be honest... if she looked like Janis Joplin, no one would know who she was.

Yep young women should stick to singing haunting tales about drugoverdose, complicated, violent relationships and abortions instead of kittens, sunshine and flowers. ;-)

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: June 4, 2013 04:00

Dean Martin, despite how he treated the Stones, was a sweet guy. Rather sad ending.

Too bad he isn't around to sing "Streets of Love."

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:15

MKjan
she better be naked so this makes some sense.

Or at least have a see through lacy thing on. Maybe they'll put a 'dancing pole' up for her- then nobody would have a problem.

Hey, she is only singing with Mick on one tune. I think it would be fair to make sure it is a 23 song set list; or at least Mick Taylor on three songs.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:32

OMG Tay-Tay is the guest tonight?? I'm not being facetious when I say I was thinking about posting earlier how I'd like to see her with the Stones. To me, aside from her compulsive dating and subsequent fallouts, T.S. is the real deal. I absolutely cannot wait to see the video of this.

Futhermore, Taylor is like 5'11", and might be perceived as an even prettier version of Marianne Faithful in her prime...see where I'm going? winking smiley

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:33

paulm
OMG Tay-Tay is the guest tonight?? I'm not being facetious when I say I was thinking about posting earlier how I'd like to see her with the Stones. To me, aside from her compulsive dating and subsequent fallouts, T.S. is the real deal. I absolutely cannot wait to see the video of this.

Futhermore, Taylor is like 5'11", and might be perceived as an even prettier version of Marianne Faithful in her prime...see where I'm going? winking smiley
Get off this forum and never come back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 04:39 by Godxofxrock9.

Date: June 4, 2013 04:38

GO NOW!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:38

Are they trying to get new 10 years old fans? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 04:47 by kowalski.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:43

stonehearted

The only reason that the Taylor Swifts of the music industry are on stage with The Stones is because Mick is obsessed with youth. Yes, he had Bonnie Raitt on stage as well, but this is the exception.

I would like to know how many Stones fans who own most, if not all, of the Stones' discography also own most, if not all, of the albums released by Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift.

Taylor Swift net worth is of $80 Million says the internet. This is incredible at age 23. With all the downloading and piracy I don't know how a newcomer could make such a pile.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:46

Who's predicting a duet on C**ksucker Blues tonight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 04:50 by TimeIs.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:47

I'm sorry Godx and stonesrule. So what angle have you got in music over, say, Mick Jagger?

Didn't think so.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:50

You people are ridiculous! What is the big deal about having Taylor Swift on stage? Does it really effect you??

Date: June 4, 2013 04:54

TimeIs
Who's predicting a duet on C**ksucker Blues tonight?

What's this version? Is it from Some Girls tour rehearsals ?

Re: Tell Me....It's Not So...
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:55

mickschix
I just PRAY that when the Boys come to Boston, they'll have a great guest to make up for this terrible pick!! Maybe we'll get Peter Wolf AND Steven Tyler!

OR...............Justin Bieber

Date: June 4, 2013 05:00

Have they done "get off my cloud" yet?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:03

When I heard that Taylor was going to appear, I thought that this would be a tour for the ages... Although I didn't realize that it would be ages twelve to fourteen.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:05

kowalski

Yup. It rules!

Date: June 4, 2013 05:11

TimeIs
kowalski

Yup. It rules!

Cool version. Nice ears cleaner after TS country pop...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:12

The show should have started by now.........

Date: June 4, 2013 05:13

Woz
The show should have started by now.........

1.GOOMC
2.?
3.PIB

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:19

Hey they had Katy Perry and shes even worse than Taylor Swift. I mean I understand have a guest artist adds some pop to late ticket sales with the sticker shock this tour has but Taylor Swift and Katy Perry does seem absurd. I attended the first 2 shows and Taj fit in great and Crow fair in what was in my opinion a awesome show Friday. The average age at these shows was 55 years old with about 20% under 35and less than 10% under 25. How Swift or Perry or Lady Gaga do anything for the average Stones fan is beyond me? Hey though its only one song but I am guessing the majority of fans would rather skip the guest and have more of Mick Taylor...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:21

slew
You people are ridiculous! What is the big deal about having Taylor Swift on stage? Does it really effect you??

It's actually "affect" you...and no not really. I'm not there to see this loss of dignity...

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:22

what, hasn't this show started yet?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home