Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:36

I don't see Taylor Swift singing "got to scrape that shit right off your shoes" so Im sure Dead Flowers is out.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:40

Rstones24
Christopher
Well, I guess I will have time to go get a beer after all.
What the hell are they thinking.

My guess is that they're thinking that Taylor Swift has 28 MILLION followers on Twitter and is currently one of the most recognizable stars in the world through the eyes of the much younger generation (a generation the Stones are still trying to attract, rather than just simply blow them off as never being Stones fans or interested in this kind of music).

This guest appearance will get more publicity in the media than every other star that's joined them on this tour COMBINED.

I guess you are right here, it's all about PR and publicity among the younger generation, this is really typical Mick Jagger thinking. I don't like the guests at all really (except Mick Taylor of course), but it's only for one song, so it's really not so bad, there are still probably 21 real songs left.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:42

You mean Sweet Virginia....

Posted by: Bobby4 ()

Disappointing but it's only for one song. It does kind of defy their Chicago blues roots, though.

Bobby4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 22:08 by Bobby4.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:44

Christopher
I don't see Taylor Swift singing "got to scrape that shit right off your shoes" so Im sure Dead Flowers is out.

They sing that in Dead Flowers now? Mick must be losing it...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:47

Taylor Swift is a talented young superstar.
Not the best vocalist, but she writes her own stuff and it's perfectly crafted popmusic. Very entertaining.
There, I said it.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:54

Yes, Sweet Virginia........ I was listening to Dead Flowers and got distracted

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:56

she'll nail it and shut up the whiners that were so scared of john mayer - she's got a ton of talent - come on people - keep an open mind - she did not get where she is by accident

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:57

hbwriter
she'll nail it and shut up the whiners that were so scared of john mayer - she's got a ton of talent - come on people - keep an open mind - she did not get where she is by accident

someone's in love

Date: June 3, 2013 21:58

BowieStone
Taylor Swift is a talented young superstar.
Not the best vocalist, but she writes her own stuff and it's perfectly crafted popmusic. Very entertaining.
There, I said it.

Phew...I feel better...how do you feel?

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:02

Is there any chance she sings on something that isn't wild horses? If she's given any say in it, that's probably what we're getting since I'm sure she has a cursory knowledge of their catalog at very best.

Date: June 3, 2013 22:06

Madcap
Is there any chance she sings on something that isn't wild horses? If she's given any say in it, that's probably what we're getting since I'm sure she has a cursory knowledge of their catalog at very best.

She knows they had a big hit with Let It Be...what more does she need to know...?

Don't shoot me I am just the messenger....tonight's special guest...Taylor Swift...so glad I went Friday
Posted by: bigbitch ()

night.....Mick at it again....

Re: Don't shoot me I am just the messenger....tonight's special guest...Taylor Swift...so glad I went Friday
Date: June 3, 2013 21:43

That's it bitch...yer outta here...

Re: Don't shoot me I am just the messenger....tonight's special guest...Taylor Swift...so glad I went Friday
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:44

seriously?

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:45

duke richardson
seriously?

Yep..been tweeted by Grrrrgeory, Woody and others....

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:49

Must be a joke.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:51

So glad I'm not going until Thursday.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:51

Give the girl a chance, eh? I'm sure she can sing. She may actually contribute something meaningful. Besides, I'm sure she is more pleasant on the ears than Tom Waits. Now that was a disaster.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:06

Gaga, K Perry, and T Swift have 3 of the top 6 twitter followings... so expect Beiber, Obama, and Rihanna in short order... no wait MJ already did Obama... that blues deal @ the WH...

[friendorfollow.com]

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:11

I think Honeybooboo couldn't make it. Would be past her bedtime.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:11

Anyone else from here going? Meeting place?

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:12

Taylor Swift - what a shame.

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:13

Hello everyone

Sorry if my english is not the best, but I'm not anglophone, I'm from Spain.

I'm very dissaponteid with this choice. They should have brought an old and rough black bluesman, and let him show the classic stuff, powerful voice, amazing guitar, etc. Buddy Guy would have been an obviously and great one.

Come on, they are in Chicago. The Stones are about popular american music, blues, rock and roll, country sometimes. @#$%& the million watching and the youngs-who-are-gonna-discover-and-love-the-stones-because-some-kind-of-idiot-is-playing-with-them.

Anyway, congratulations for the forum to everyone. Very good place for a Stones fan, and very instructive too.

Cordial saludo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 22:16 by Berry88.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:14

J.J.Flash
I think Honeybooboo couldn't make it. Would be past her bedtime.

Now that's funny. Make a great SNL sketch.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:16

I don't mind the probability it means no cover song. It's great having an old bluesman, but to be honest I'd rather a Stones song in place of the blues standard they would probably play.

I saw Sheryl Crow and Katy Perry at the 2 shows I've been to. Would have preferred them not to be there, but they didn't ruin the show or anything. Far from it. Swift will be the same. Not amazing. Not terrible. Will be fine.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:18

Any guesses as to the song that she will sing with them?

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:22

Wild Horses or Live with Me

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:22

the snobs come out with their teeth into Taylor - hey, maybe she'll sing Winter - at least it would be tougher to whine about her smiling smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 3, 2013 22:23

kidquick185
Wild Horses or Live with Me

Prob Wild Horses best for her voice

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home