Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Keith will release solo album in 2014
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 3, 2013 12:39

The Rolling Stones may be on their 50 and Counting tour, but Keith Richards is polishing a new solo album for 2014. In a new interview with Mojo magazine, Richards says:

“I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.

“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.”

Steve Jordan is the drummer/multi-instrumentalist who co-produced with Richards in his X-Pensive Winos band. In the same Mojo interview, Richards admits “there couldn’t be a Rolling Stones without Charlie Watts.”

He also gives credit to bassist Darryl Jones.

“Everybody thinks he’s the new boy but he’s been with us 20 years. His playing with Charlie is so locked in, I can’t think of a rhythm section I’ve been with, except in the Winos maybe with Steve Jordan and Charlie Drayton, where I’ve felt that same rapport. I wanna give Mr. Jones his due.”

[www2.gibson.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 12:46 by seitan.

Re: Keith will release solo album in 2014
Date: June 3, 2013 12:43

Good ol' Keef. Let's see what comes out of this smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 3, 2013 12:50

...or how to twist words into a "flashy" headline ! Keith has largely dried up since 1997, has been working on "stuff" with Jordan since when? 2001 if memory serves, and the only thing that's come out so far has been "One More Shot", so why would there be a solo album in 2014?

Anyway, enough time wasted with solo albums, we want a Stones album! What could have been if WS/MO/VL had been in one album...

Date: June 3, 2013 12:55

gotdablouse
...or how to twist words into a "flashy" headline ! Keith has largely dried up since 1997, has been working on "stuff" with Jordan since when? 2001 if memory serves, and the only thing that's come out so far has been "One More Shot", so why would there be a solo album in 2014?

Anyway, enough time wasted with solo albums, we want a Stones album! What could have been if WS/MO/VL had been in one album...

Remember the poster here (or at Rocks Off) who got to hear Keith and the Winos playing all the new stuff (last year or the year before?) from his basement studio?

I'm pretty sure something did happen with these recordings.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:08

gotdablouse

It's not the first time in rock history, when it takes lot of time to make an album. And was there a reason to hurry ? I prefer a really good tasty album with lot of hard work behind it and not just some fast food crap.

I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.

It seems like there was no hurry, might even make better album for it.
I hope they take all the time they need and give us something that's really been well crafted. And considering that there hasnt been any chance to do a X-Pensive Winos reunion tour for a long time - the idea of releasing an album without a tour is not really a good idea, the bass player Charlie Drayton has been unable to do a tour for a long time (due to his wife's slow dying and struggle with cancer) for one thing...When the album comes out, I hope they do a tour..

““There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out.

- does this mean that album is already been recorded and they are now mixing it ??

I hope they include the stuff Keith did with Jack White. - I remember reading an Jack White interview where Jack mentioned that he's done some songs with Keef in studio. I think those were recorded for Keef's solo album.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 17:22 by seitan.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:16

"I can’t think of a rhythm section I’ve been with, except in the Winos maybe with Steve Jordan and Charlie Drayton, where I’ve felt that same rapport"

Cheap shot at Bill... Translation : I prefer to work with a session "yes man" than with an exceptional bass player like Wyman!

Sad...

Date: June 3, 2013 13:21

dcba
"I can’t think of a rhythm section I’ve been with, except in the Winos maybe with Steve Jordan and Charlie Drayton, where I’ve felt that same rapport"

Cheap shot at Bill... Translation : I prefer to work with a session "yes man" than with an exceptional bass player like Wyman!

Sad...

Maybe that's the way he feels?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:34

To tell the truth I'd prefer new Rolling Stones songs.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 3, 2013 13:53

To tell the truth I'd prefer new Rolling Stones songs.

Me too, but you can't always get what you want.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 3, 2013 14:35

Yes! Hoping this is actually happening and not just BS on the part of the journalist.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 14:42

...Keith also said:"The world needs some Stones recordsconfused smileyo do it!", so where is the truth?!?

Date: June 3, 2013 14:49

Why not both?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 3, 2013 14:49

@OneHit - the "polishing a new solo album for 2014" title is complete BS that's for sure! Yeah he's been working on stuff with Jordan, he said so last year...and Mick's been working on stuff with Matt Clifford, that gave two rather good new Stones tracks ;-)

DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse

Remember the poster here (or at Rocks Off) who got to hear Keith and the Winos playing all the new stuff (last year or the year before?) from his basement studio?

Yes, we got "One More Shot"! Was it TeddyB who heard the stuff?

Honestly I don't see Keith having the energy/will/discipline to go for another solo album if there's an option to cut a Stones album "fresh off the road". Mick said last year he wanted to do one at some point. On the other hand guys like Jordan, Wachtel, etc...are certainly pushing for that, but who would win if it comes down to that? Heck, Mick even said that OMS was a "very good song written by Keith"!

Date: June 3, 2013 15:05

gotdablouse
@OneHit - the "polishing a new solo album for 2014" title is complete BS that's for sure! Yeah he's been working on stuff with Jordan, he said so last year...and Mick's been working on stuff with Matt Clifford, that gave two rather good new Stones tracks ;-)

DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse

Yes, we got "One More Shot"! Was it TeddyB who heard the stuff?

Honestly I don't see Keith having the energy/will/discipline to go for another solo album if there's an option to cut a Stones album "fresh off the road". Mick said last year he wanted to do one at some point. On the other hand guys like Jordan, Wachtel, etc...are certainly pushing for that, but who would win if it comes down to that? Heck, Mick even said that OMS was a "very good song written by Keith"!

No, it wasn't Teddy, although he had reports from the studio sessions. Can't remember who it was, but he sure got a surprising "concert" smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:18

I know this sounds shocking, but he may just have genuinely wanted to give Darryl some credit, I mean stranger things have happened . . .

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:58

One More Shot was a piece of debris from those sessions. Makes perfect sense.

Date: June 3, 2013 15:59

I like One More Shot, and it works pretty well live on the tour. I'm glad they do the two new songs thumbs up

However, it's probably not the best song from the sessions with Steve Jordan.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:06

I guess this doesn't bode well for continuing the tour into next year sad smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:17

Fixembones
I guess this doesn't bode well for continuing the tour into next year sad smiley

Not necessarily Fixembones, don't despair. After all, we are talking Keith time here. cool smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:27

Lets let the true Rock n Roll begin...

Date: June 3, 2013 16:28

Munichhilton

I saw that one coming, Munich winking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:41

I hope it's not an albums worth of balladry and Keith's croaky crooning.

Date: June 3, 2013 16:45

DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Very predictable comment I know, but I hope the release is full of balladry and croaky crooning!!! Keith solo is as good as music gets...

Date: June 3, 2013 16:46

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Very predictable comment I know, but I hope the release is full of balladry and croaky crooning!!! Keith solo is as good as music gets...

If it's good crooning, I'd take it any day...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:49

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

oh, shut it. keith hasn't put out a decent solo record since the first bush adminisration...

Date: June 3, 2013 16:51

StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

oh, shut it. keith hasn't put out a decent solo record since the first bush adminisration...

In which far away country?

Date: June 3, 2013 16:56

DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

In which far away country?

read my lips

Date: June 3, 2013 17:02

StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

He's been tied up y'know...he has that other band...

Date: June 3, 2013 17:06

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

He's been tied up y'know...he has that other band...

Dirty Mac? Dirty Strangers? Wingless Angels?

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:20

StonesTod
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

Why are you hating??

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home