Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Some news about the new album
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 22, 2018 22:12

KRiffhard
Potted Shrimp
Got this from a small interview with Don Was.

Besides the well known things about recording in Paris ect, he reports:

- Some numbers from the 'Don't Stop' sessions will show up on the new album.
- Don Was thinks 'Losing my Touch' is beautiful, and we can expect more of these kind of songs...........
- Jagger / Richards are writting about 4 songs a day.
- The real fans will be very pleased with the new album.
- No release date known.

All good things...except for the boring-ass LMT thumbs down

So you liked Streets Of Love better, eh? HA!

Date: December 22, 2018 22:13

buttons67
jagger and richards write 4 songs a day.

they must be doing over 1400 a year. that equates to nearly 20000 since 2005.

sorry this is just bullshit, please dont insult my intelligence with this new album crap.

do what other bands do, if they gonna release a new album they make one announce a release date and release album. then theres what the stones do, i dont want to know anymore. if your not going to do an album then better to keep mouth shut.

In this case, you should've read the headline.

Date: December 22, 2018 22:14

frankotero
This sounds promising, but I remember Don Was said ABB was something like EOMS. Anyway I think it would be a great record.

So, since you've just stated that you think ABB would be a great record, is it?

Date: December 22, 2018 22:14

OpenG
4 songs a day and we are stuck with don't stop sessions does not make any sense

Just go listen to ABB and you'll get it.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 22, 2018 22:28

GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
Potted Shrimp

- Don Was thinks 'Losing my Touch' is beautiful, and we can expect more of these kind of songs...........
- No release date known.

All good things...except for the boring-ass LMT thumbs down

So you liked Streets Of Love better, eh? HA!

...even worse.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: December 22, 2018 22:38

When I read about 4 songs a day I thought load of bollox

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 22, 2018 23:10

Potted Shrimp

- No release date known.

Don Was = DISASTER!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 22, 2018 23:55

GasLightStreet
OpenG

They had some ideas they never worked on since the Licks sessions. If those ideas songs turned out to be really good songs .. It's fine to use. Doesn't mean they are out of ideas .. simply means a few of those ideas from sessions past were worth investigating and then turned out real well .. that's all.

Start Me Up was created in 1978. They tossed it off and forgot about it on Some Girls ... Never even thought about it for Emotional Rescue .. Two albums later... after being almost completely forgotten it was re-entered, worked up, recorded for Tattoo You and became one of the major hit songs of their entire career. Waiting on a Friend another sort of classic was another top ten hit and the second biggest song from that great album and it was from sessions from five albums before hand.

Paul McCartney wrote Yesterday and initially wrote it off.

Some of the biggest songs in history were forgotten songs that were revisited for one reason or another years later and then re-recorded or worked up then released.

>> Don't get hung up on another idea from one friggin sentence in that they didn't have enough new material so they had to go back to 2002>>>> Eaaaaaaasssssy Yeeesh. They may of simply found something truly special there that never came to light from before or that never got evolved properly or perhaps they found something they couldn't work up correctly before. Means nothing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 23, 2018 00:08

But Ian...I thought you only expected brand new stuff! When those Licks demos leaked, you were less than enthusiastic if I recall!
Have you had a change of heart now that the "new album" is still in limbo? Do you think they could spiff up those tracks to your standards of "brand new stuff"?
I liked those tunes upon first listen and always thought it was a shame they were buried - but now looks like they might get spiffed up a bit and will be considered "new" by the band!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-23 00:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 23, 2018 00:42

This is the sort of thing that bv hates and he will probably end up closing the thread.
This thread is from 2005, thirteen years ago!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: December 23, 2018 00:49

Deltics
This is the sort of thing that bv hates and he will probably end up closing the thread.

What's old is new again!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: December 23, 2018 00:53

john r
I think LMT is beautiful, too...what I wonder was the source of those earlier "out of Our Heads" comparisons???
One of my favorite KR trax..along with This Place is Empty...love those two.

Date: December 23, 2018 01:08

Deltics

The quote "Jagger / Richards are writing about 4 songs a day" was a dead giveaway.
These days, they probably don't even speak four words to each other when they're making an album!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:15

Losing my touch. Puke. Might be the worst stones song of all time.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:18

black n blue

A bit depressing, yes.

Slipping Away Losing My Touch Amnesia Cry To Me
Keith I can’t cry no more the days and years are blending

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-23 01:26 by 35love.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:29

At least one remarkable quote from our friend ........................

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:37

35love
black n blue

A bit depressing, yes.

you're not saying you're out of tears are you?!

Date: December 23, 2018 01:38

GasLightStreet
frankotero
This sounds promising, but I remember Don Was said ABB was something like EOMS. Anyway I think it would be a great record.

So, since you've just stated that you think ABB would be a great record, is it?

I have to agree Frank, you sort painted yourself into the corner with that logic!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:46

treaclefingers
35love
black n blue

A bit depressing, yes.

you're not saying you're out of tears are you?!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:48

Hairball
But Ian...I thought you only expected brand new stuff! When those Licks demos leaked, you were less than enthusiastic if I recall!
Have you had a change of heart now that the "new album" is still in limbo? Do you think they could spiff up those tracks to your standards of "brand new stuff"?
I liked those tunes upon first listen and always thought it was a shame they were buried - but now looks like they might get spiffed up a bit and will be considered "new" by the band!

MR. Hairball!!! Wazzzzzzup.

I was less than enthusiastic about those leaked songs from 2002. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed hearing them and had some how never even knew they existed until about a year ago (no kidding). However IMO the songs they chose were indeed the best and those others were definitely not worthy of any sort of official release.

However yes I am all for having a song or two from those sessions worked up for the current album because this must mean they had or found something special that turned into something real quality. I don't think it was anything that had leaked. What they have they worked up is most likely a song idea .. a jam that was worked into a song that turned out to be something quite good (if all this is true).

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 23, 2018 02:00

Just do another blues album and say fook it

Date: December 23, 2018 02:14

black n blue
Just do another blues album and say fook it

blues originals and you have a deal!

Date: December 23, 2018 03:44

IanBillen
Hairball

I was less than enthusiastic about those leaked songs from 2002. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed hearing them and had some how never even knew they existed until about a year ago (no kidding). However IMO the songs they chose were indeed the best and those others were definitely not worthy of any sort of official release.

However yes I am all for having a song or two from those sessions worked up for the current album because this must mean they had or found something special that turned into something real quality. I don't think it was anything that had leaked. What they have they worked up is most likely a song idea .. a jam that was worked into a song that turned out to be something quite good (if all this is true).

I think they may have read the rave reviews most of us posted last year when we heard them, and thought "by golly, those really are some good tunes - let's fix them up"!
But they also might have read some of the lukewarm responses, hence the delay in making the decision! (not blaming you winking smiley )

Ultimately, they can't come up with enough brand new original material, so they're digging back ala Tattoo You - a wise decision if it helps them get things finished!

Merry Christmas Ian.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-23 03:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 23, 2018 03:46

Potted Shrimp

Considering that they started recording years ago the must be thousands songs by now ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: December 23, 2018 03:49

Deltics

I thought it would be funny for people to think this is a recent thread but I've been confused reading peoples responses. I feel like the joke is on me.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 23, 2018 04:12

dave9199
FOOLED YA SUCKERS! This thread is from 2005. Sounds like it could've been started in 2018, don't it?

If there's one thing people love on a site that the media frequently mines for information about the band, it's a good old fashioned practical joke. Hey, do you know Bjornulf's Dirty Harry impression where he tells one of us in all this excitement he can't remember if he fired six shots or only five? It is a laugh riot.

Date: December 23, 2018 04:43

IanBillen
GasLightStreet
OpenG

They had some ideas they never worked on since the Licks sessions. If those ideas songs turned out to be really good songs .. It's fine to use. Doesn't mean they are out of ideas .. simply means a few of those ideas from sessions past were worth investigating and then turned out real well .. that's all.

Start Me Up was created in 1978. They tossed it off and forgot about it on Some Girls ... Never even thought about it for Emotional Rescue .. Two albums later... after being almost completely forgotten it was re-entered, worked up, recorded for Tattoo You and became one of the major hit songs of their entire career. Waiting on a Friend another sort of classic was another top ten hit and the second biggest song from that great album and it was from sessions from five albums before hand.

Paul McCartney wrote Yesterday and initially wrote it off.

Some of the biggest songs in history were forgotten songs that were revisited for one reason or another years later and then re-recorded or worked up then released.

>> Don't get hung up on another idea from one friggin sentence in that they didn't have enough new material so they had to go back to 2002>>>> Eaaaaaaasssssy Yeeesh. They may of simply found something truly special there that never came to light from before or that never got evolved properly or perhaps they found something they couldn't work up correctly before. Means nothing.

That was different, though. All Mick did was add vocals, seeing that nothing was actually recorded for TATTOO YOU with the band. On top of that, they used leftovers for a lot of albums - STICKY FINGERS, EXILE, EMOTIONAL RESCUE - all had previous LP sessions tracks used on the albums. TY is rare because they didn't record anything for it.

Considering how good Don't Stop is in comparison to the other 2 tracks that are horrible, yet alone Keith's rather odd song to include on a hits album, they must've realized that when writing for A BIGGER BANG because apparently nothing was used from the LICKS sessions for BANG.

Date: December 23, 2018 04:47

IanBillen
Hairball

It's not true! It's about A BIGGER BANG!

Date: December 23, 2018 07:50

black n blue

thumbs up
Horrible song

Date: December 23, 2018 07:55

Deltics

...it was still useful to remember how boring is Losing My Touch!!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1393
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home