Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My music listening plan for Boston . . .
Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:35

Many times I try not to listen to much to a band I'm going to see in the near future. I like to be a bit surprise either with the song choice, arrangements, overall sound, etc. Its not like I go to many shows, although for the past several years I really just go to see Further (or the many incarnations of the old Grateful Dead), the Stones, and Pearl Jam). I'm just to lazy to go see others nowadays ...

Anyways, it has been very difficult not to listen to the stones in the last five months. So in hopes of keeping it fresh at the upcoming Boston shows, this is my plan:

I have and will continue to listen/watch the "rare" songs. Everyone has there own definition of rare, but I'm not listeneing to the first few songs of the recent setlists and stay clear of any warhorses whatsoever.

As we have all grown up with the warhorses, I want to enjoy them as much as possible. I want to think to myself, "jeez I haven't heard Tumbling Dice in so long, it sounds great!" Hope it works!!!!

Anyone else have music listening plans prior to upcoming shows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home