Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Anyone miss the inflatable dolls?
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:35

I'm glad to see that The Stones have gone back to a simple stage without all the clutter of ramps and metal structures that blocked some peoples views of the show. Never liked the inflatables that poped up for 1 song, I mean why???? I always said give me a plain stage, a great sound system, and maybe a video screen for those in the back and that's perfect. The runners of the tongue stage are nice though to get them out to those farther away but I could take it or leave it I guess. Your thoughts?

They have been using the concept for quite a while now:

Re: Anyone miss the inflatable dolls?
Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:58

DO NOT MISS THEM AT ALL.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:53

Not one bit - I go for the music and when its played well they don't the other BS except maybe in the stadiums. I do like the pit and the ramp around so they can get closer to more people.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:01

This is 2013. They changed some lyrics, got rid of the giant penis, dolls and stopped kicking the balls of the dogs. Now it is pure rock'n'roll.

Bjornulf

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:12

No. They're all around 70. The tongue logo is bad enough at their age, but it's such a lucrative advertising symbol, they're stuck with it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:55

Comes a time to put some things away...
then after a while there comes a time to some things back out.... comes a time....

What goes around comes around....

Nothing beats the real thing....

You can't always get what you want...

A wink is as good as a nod if the blinds are closed...

Get it while the getting is good...

Mr Blue Sky blue...

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:00

marianna
No. They're all around 70. The tongue logo is bad enough at their age, but it's such a lucrative advertising symbol, they're stuck with it.

"they're stuck with it"....are you kidding me one of the most iconic logos not in their industry I would say worldwide..that logo - completely sums up what they have been about and probably sold more than several million t-shirts, mugs, or whatever...probably the best logo I would argue of anything or any product out there.

Date: June 1, 2013 20:06

bigbitch
marianna

"they're stuck with it"....are you kidding me one of the most iconic logos not in their industry I would say worldwide..that logo - completely sums up what they have been about and probably sold more than several million t-shirts, mugs, or whatever...probably the best logo I would argue of anything or any product out there.

You got that right.
I bet that if 8 billion people on Earth were asked "WHOSE LOGO IS THIS?"

That 4 billion of them would correctly know.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:32

Ohhhh.....THOSE inflatable dolls. Yeah, I miss them but that's all pretty much part of the past, isn't it. Obviously The Stones don't miss 'em. I'll tell you what I do miss, though, is The Belt being whipped on the stage by Mick on his knees during Midnight Rambler. To me that's a classic part of the act and should have stayed in.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:37

Max'sKansasCity
bigbitch
marianna

You got that right.

Most of the 4 Billion would struggle with this, however:

Date: June 1, 2013 20:41

uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity
bigbitch
marianna

You got that right.

Most of the 4 Billion would struggle with this, however:

I dont even know what that is? What is that?
What is that dang thing?..... ooooohhh I know what that is....

Wait.... what the hell is that? Whats that doing here?

Date: June 1, 2013 20:41

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:02

bv
This is 2013. They changed some lyrics, got rid of the giant penis, dolls and stopped kicking the balls of the dogs. Now it is pure rock'n'roll.

hang on, that other stuff WAS pure rock'n'roll...if that's the case, what the heck are we getting now?!

Date: June 1, 2013 21:04

bigbitch
marianna

Yup. You put that logo on a hat and it's cost goes to $40 as I found out last night. I see we are drifting off subject again here lol.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:28

treaclefingers
bv

hang on, that other stuff WAS pure rock'n'roll...if that's the case, what the heck are we getting now?!

Their MUSIC was and IS pure rock'n'roll. I did never care about what sort of half naked women they brought on stage for HTM. I was there for R&R. Still am ...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 1, 2013 22:01

The inflatable dolls deserve more than one song per show.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 1, 2013 22:07

They showes up in Shanghai in 2006....

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 1, 2013 22:08

They showed up in Shanghai in 2006....

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: June 1, 2013 22:12

Not in the least bit.... as the old saying goes, "less is more"!

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 1, 2013 22:33

Weren´t there also some real go go girls for HTW on the Voodoo Lounge tour EVERY NITE?

if my memory serves me well....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:25

RawIguanaCologne
Weren´t there also some real go go girls for HTW on the Voodoo Lounge tour EVERY NITE?

Not every night, but they were there this night.

Date: June 1, 2013 23:29

latebloomer
RawIguanaCologne

Yes, on the televised show- I thought that was ridiculous!

Date: June 1, 2013 23:59

Never was much into the Stones inflatable dolls and stuff although IMHO Pink Floyds flying pig was pretty cool...Oh yeah, I did like the mini remote control yellow blimp that someone from the Stones crew was flying around inside the arena preshow during (I think) the licks tour....The Rolling Stones pure Rock-n-Roll at it's best!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:08

Some of my best friends are inflatable dolls.

Date: June 2, 2013 00:10

I remember them flying into the stadium in Cologne in 1999, a heli with a big tongue on it, doing a round over the audience and landed backstage

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:11

Only since starting on Viagara

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:17

yes..i miss them dearly...they made the Stones play better

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:37

they're great if you travel alone in the diamond lane

Date: June 2, 2013 00:45

latebloomer
RawIguanaCologne

I do believe there are a couple of Stones ex-wives onstage in this video as well.

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 2, 2013 02:03

mighty stork
latebloomer
RawIguanaCologne

I do believe there are a couple of Stones ex-wives onstage in this video as well.

Jerry, Jo and I think Shirley Watts all there....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home