Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor 2013 tour : I wonder what he is being paid
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 05:11

good question,i was wondering myself.there making a killing,and mick is tight no doubt.but i would takje an educated guess and say atleast 50,000 per show.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 2, 2013 05:14

Thrylan
Many Clapton fans feel the Cream reunion was all about putting cash in Ginger Bakers pocket. I can only guess the Stones are a charitable organization now.........Mick and Prince Rupert found a loophole.

If that were true, they would have reunited in the late 70s when Baker went totally broke.

The Cream reunion netted Baker $5 million, which he quickly went through. He has been broke for the last few years and, more recently, has had to sell his horses, his farm, and his Range Rover and return to solo touring just to make ends meet.

The only reason he agreed to do the film Beware of Mr Baker, as he explained in a recent (2012) interview, was because he was given some money (by director Jay Bulger).

So if the charity element had been the case, we would have seen yet another Cream reunion by now already.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 2, 2013 05:24

MisterDDDD
Read that it as a little over 2 million.

Good for him, and good on the rest of the band for making this happen for him.

Still don't want him on more songs though, thanks.

Or any hologram's of Brian Jones just in case the Taylorite's are as crazy about him as they are MT.
If that we're the case, then he would be getting paid more than the other Stones per song.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 2, 2013 05:38

BluzDude
MisterDDDD

Or any hologram's of Brian Jones just in case the Taylorite's are as crazy about him as they are MT.
If that we're the case, then he would be getting paid more than the other Stones per song.

The dollar amount quoted was for the whole tour.

If he averages 2.3 songs per show, and the rest of the band averages 23
songs per show, the others would have to get less than 20 million each for the tour. So, you are probably correct, or it's close,that he is making more per song.

Maybe that'll finally stop the incessant whining of the Taylorite's...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 2, 2013 06:07

Where did you read that he's getting 2 million for the whole tour?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 2, 2013 07:23

Stones Planet Brazil reported it,

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 2, 2013 07:33

And how looong is this thread going to go on?

It's really no one's business...except Mick Taylor's.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 2, 2013 07:42

stonehearted
Thrylan
Many Clapton fans feel the Cream reunion was all about putting cash in Ginger Bakers pocket. I can only guess the Stones are a charitable organization now.........Mick and Prince Rupert found a loophole.

If that were true, they would have reunited in the late 70s when Baker went totally broke.

The Cream reunion netted Baker $5 million, which he quickly went through. He has been broke for the last few years and, more recently, has had to sell his horses, his farm, and his Range Rover and return
So if the charity element had been the case, we would have seen yetanother Cream reunion by now already.

I watched it. Clapton is scared to death of him........but I believe he does help Mr Baker. If you notice, Eric is the only person, including his son that speaks kindly of.......and not in a backhanded way.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 2, 2013 07:50

Clapton is a very giving man... he helped out fellow Domino Bobby Whitlock a few years back... Bobby had Sold/given up his rights to the song "Layla" and as I recall EC bought out whomever had bought the rights and gave the rights/royalties back to Bobby, read that in his Bio... the royalties from THAT one song has helped him to maintain a descent living along with his Solo shows... good for Clapton!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 2, 2013 08:40

stonehearted
Thrylan

The Cream reunion netted Baker $5 million, which he quickly went through. He has been broke for the last few years and, more recently, has had to sell his horses, his farm, and his Range Rover and return to solo touring just to make ends meet.

The only reason he agreed to do the film Beware of Mr Baker, as he explained in a recent (2012) interview, was because he was given some money (by director Jay Bulger).

So if the charity element had been the case, we would have seen yet another Cream reunion by now already.

How can anyone blow $5 million? If true, he's pretty dumb. What a waste.

Date: June 2, 2013 08:59

sanQ
stonehearted
Thrylan

How can anyone blow $5 million? If true, he's pretty dumb. What a waste.

Polo horses. Baker became a polo fanatic in the 70s, and after the Cream reunion he bought dozens of them. When it comes to handling money, he seems to have a junkie's business sense about it.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 2, 2013 09:32

Wuudy
Where did you read that he's getting 2 million for the whole tour?

Fair payment would be one million UK pounds after taxes meaning Mick Taylor gets paid enough to take care of the taxman and come out with £1,000,000. This would be payment for this tour and Micks contributions to The Stones golden era. This would be roughly the same as being paid a straight 2 million US dollars.

As others have speculated, Mick Taylor has a good case against Stones Inc for past album (recording) royalties and a generous payment for this tour is contingent on agreement not to sue. Speculation of course!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 09:37 by triceratops.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2013 10:27

....keep an eye on dem shoes.....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 2, 2013 10:39

Thrylan
stonehearted
Thrylan

The Cream reunion netted Baker $5 million, which he quickly went through. He has been broke for the last few years and, more recently, has had to sell his horses, his farm, and his Range Rover and return
So if the charity element had been the case, we would have seen yetanother Cream reunion by now already.

I watched it. Clapton is scared to death of him........but I believe he does help Mr Baker. If you notice, Eric is the only person, including his son that speaks kindly of.......and not in a backhanded way.

Clapton respects him, but admits that he really doesn't know him. It is ironic how Baker considers Clapton "the best friend I've got in the whole world--and always will be" yet Clapton talks of how he has only been around him in "rarefied situations" and has never taken the time--or trouble--to become a part of his life and admits that the filmmaker probably knows more about Baker's life than he does. They are two totally different people, Baker and Clapton, united in brief moments of their lives by their mutual admiration for their approach to music.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 2, 2013 10:39

my guess is that he makes at least 10 times more money by playing 2-3 songs each show with the Stones than he made with all his activities during the last 25 years

Date: June 2, 2013 12:32

stonehearted
Thrylan
stonehearted
Thrylan

Clapton respects him, but admits that he really doesn't know him. It is ironic how Baker considers Clapton "the best friend I've got in the whole world--and always will be" yet Clapton talks of how he has only been around him in "rarefied situations" and has never taken the time--or trouble--to become a part of his life and admits that the filmmaker probably knows more about Baker's life than he does. They are two totally different people, Baker and Clapton, united in brief moments of their lives by their mutual admiration for their approach to music.

Date: June 2, 2013 12:33

stonehearted
Thrylan
stonehearted
Thrylan

Clapton respects him, but admits that he really doesn't know him. It is ironic how Baker considers Clapton "the best friend I've got in the whole world--and always will be" yet Clapton talks of how he has only been around him in "rarefied situations" and has never taken the time--or trouble--to become a part of his life and admits that the filmmaker probably knows more about Baker's life than he does. They are two totally different people, Baker and Clapton, united in brief moments of their lives by their mutual admiration for their approach to music.[/
quote]

Date: June 2, 2013 12:36

stonehearted
Thrylan
stonehearted
Thrylan

Clapton respects him, but admits that he really doesn't know him. It is ironic how Baker considers Clapton "the best friend I've got in the whole world--and always will be" yet Clapton talks of how he has only been around him in "rarefied situations" and has never taken the time--or trouble--to become a part of his life and admits that the filmmaker probably knows more about Baker's life than he does. They are two totally different people, Baker and Clapton, united in brief moments of their lives by their mutual admiration for their approach to music.[/

Yeah....interresting as hell. I am just listening to my Claptonhead friend. Considering how downright spiteful he was to EVERYONE, I tend to believe Baker has motivation.........evidently, junk and polo don't mix.
quote]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2013 13:52

MisterDDDD
BluzDude
MisterDDDD

The dollar amount quoted was for the whole tour.

If he averages 2.3 songs per show, and the rest of the band averages 23
songs per show, the others would have to get less than 20 million each for the tour. So, you are probably correct, or it's close,that he is making more per song.

Maybe that'll finally stop the incessant whining of the Taylorite's...

$2 million is a ton of cash, but good for him if it is and as others have pointed out it may include a waiver to any past claims.

I came back here after flipping through Mojo July/2013 and reading that Ronnie got paid $100,000 for the 1975 tour which in today's money is $440,000 - he was playing all the time and it sounded like he got a bum deal (negotiated it himself)...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 2, 2013 14:23

slewan
my guess is that he makes at least 10 times more money by playing 2-3 songs each show with the Stones than he made with all his activities during the last 25 years

By now it is obvious MT needs the structure of a band he can be part of. That he is miserable as a band leader. Discipline and other "issues".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 00:16 by triceratops.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:58

2 million sounds like a LOT of money for The Stones to throw at Taylor but I'm not saying it's not possible I'm just saying that The Stones are notoriously tight-fisted when it comes to money. Couple this with the belief that Taylor would probably jump at 1 million I don't see why they'd offer him double what he'd gladly take.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:07

Who cares?
What kind of question is that!!!
He's happy that's all!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:10

Two Million seems fair. I wouldnt doubt he sold them at least 4000 extra tickets which might not have sold, so at $500 per ticket = $2,000,000.

It seems like there at least 1 or 2 Taylorites around here who only went because of him.

Date: June 2, 2013 20:12

But who knows? Ad who knows how the accounting works? If the Stones were guaranteed their money, who knows where Taylor's moneY came from? Or maybe it was all planed out from the start... probably.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:18

I am under the impression after doing my own math that each of the 4 Stones were getting 2 Million apiece for this tour. I doubt the same goes for Taylor. It was a rumor in the 70's that he was on salary for 3 Grand a week so they've never made him rich. My guess is around 1/2 million.

Date: June 2, 2013 20:21

DoomandGloom
I am under the impression after doing my own math that each of the 4 Stones were getting 2 Million apiece for this tour. I doubt the same goes for Taylor. It was a rumor in the 70's that he was on salary for 3 Grand a week so they've never made him rich. My guess is around 1/2 million.

I thought I read they were paid $20 Million just for the 5 shows in Nov/Demeber...
I thought I read that are being paid $80,000,000 total for this leg.

Maybe someone will confirm or clarify...

Date: June 2, 2013 20:31

Max'sKansasCity
DoomandGloom

I thought I read they were paid $20 Million just for the 5 shows in Nov/Demeber...
I thought I read that are being paid $80,000,000 total for this leg.

Maybe someone will confirm or clarify...
Wow, I thought the 20 Million was for this tour... 80 Million??? GRNRBITW... For sure.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:44

Yeah $20M for the 2012 shows and $80M for the 18+3 shows. But no one knows how much comes out of that guarantee, probably all the costs (band, stage, lightning, mixing, transport, etc...) apart from the local arena costs that must footed by the local promoter/AEG.

Date: June 2, 2013 21:04

so each of the 4 members will see at lease 10 million

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 2, 2013 21:18

HE'S NOT MAKING 2 MILLION,THAT'S LAUGHABLE.
GINGER HAD MAJOR TAX AND LEGAL BILLS THAT CONTRIBUTED TO HIS PROBLEMS.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home