Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Chicago-2 May 31 Stones show live updates
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 3, 2013 00:58

stonesrule
There are members of the Stones who regularly give money to those in need

they've been a little irregular lately with me....

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 3, 2013 01:27

How 'bout I send you a...book. Gave my last five dollars to Keith Richards when he left LA...he needed tip money.

Have you read Evening's Empire by Bill Flanagan? I love this book.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 3, 2013 01:38

Have you read Improvisation: Its Nature and Practice in Music by Derek Bailey?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 3, 2013 01:45

Can we please stop all of this Mick Taylor nonsense!!! Would I like to see more of him yeah sure but if he does not play more then he does not play more. What we have here is the Rolling Stones 2013 and they rock with and without Mick Taylor. Mick Jagger is proving beyond a doubt that he is the greates frontman ever. to be performing and singing like he is at basically 70 years old is inspiring to me anyways. keith and Ronnie have bounced back nicely and Charlie is as solid as ever. Tickets are expensive but if you don't want to pay the money then don't. I'm sick to death of the whining and the Mick Taylor is this savior. the Stones have revitalized him not the other way around.

Let's just enjoy the guys while they can still do this!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2013 02:35

An absolute discussion stopper.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 3, 2013 03:07

stonesrule
triceratops, what the Stones do with their money or their wills is none of your business. Has it ever occurred to you that Mick Jagger loves his children and they love him? None of the Stones families push them to tour. Nor do their employees. These are FACTS.

I'm happy to hear you're involved with a non-profit, as am I and numerous others who post here. There are members of the Stones who regularly give money to those in need; they just don't go on the Internet to brag about how caring they are.

Is there a chance he would contribute to my charitable foundation for hunger in Upper Volta and Ulan Bator?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 3, 2013 03:10

StonesTod
stonesrule
There are members of the Stones who regularly give money to those in need

they've been a little irregular lately with me....

Stewed prunes will take care of this. Bill Wyman swears by them.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 03:18

triceratops
stonesrule
triceratops, you've been posting here for six weeks and you are surely one of the most jealous people on the planet.

Of who in particular? I am mostly a Mick Taylor booster who would love to see him get a proper payday for his past work and I say good and bad things about Mick and Keith. I make a few snide remarks and jokes at their expense but its not because I am jealous. Are you taking this all too seriously?

Your fascination with the finances of Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, et al. is truly astounding. Perhaps there is a forum for CPAs or Tax Lawyers you can join? This forum is for rolling stones fans.

Or perhaps you just don't understand our economic system. The band offers good and services (albums, concerts, etc.) for sale. The fans can choose whether they want to buy them. If the fans buy them, they accept that the money they are paying is fair trade for the goods and services they receive. That money then becomes the band's property to do with as it chooses.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 3, 2013 03:23

Is this thread still about Chicago?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 3, 2013 04:53

flacnvinyl
Is this thread still about Chicago?

I actually liked Friday's version of CYHMK better than Staples 2... Much tighter.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 3, 2013 06:51

Yea the clear high points of the show were CYHMK and MR. The rest of the show was just okay.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 3, 2013 07:04

It was much better than "just ok", in my ears.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 3, 2013 10:13

Perhaps, but that option doesn't work at all live...

DandelionPowderman
roby
SFTD, still a complete ratage. No guitar playing (Keith and Ron) for long seconds, only Chuck...

Like on the definite version on BB thumbs up

Date: June 3, 2013 10:15

roby

DandelionPowderman
roby
SFTD, still a complete ratage. No guitar playing (Keith and Ron) for long seconds, only Chuck...

It worked very well in 89/90, but now it's stale and tired. One of the reasons are Chuck and his honky tonkin', the other is Mick's singing + the guitars are not as good as they were back then.

So it's not necessarily the arrangement, but the excecution and the actual performance.

It was a highlight on the Urban Jungle tour.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 3, 2013 10:22

Yes, very well in 1989/1990. And in 1969 ^^ spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 3, 2013 10:47

DandelionPowderman
roby

DandelionPowderman
roby

It worked very well in 89/90, but now it's stale and tired. One of the reasons are Chuck and his honky tonkin', the other is Mick's singing + the guitars are not as good as they were back then.

So it's not necessarily the arrangement, but the excecution and the actual performance.

I think they are playing great on this tour. Sftd is an abomination however and it alone is grounds for firing Chuck. Not that there is any lack of reasons.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 3, 2013 12:22

Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
bye bye johnny

Come on!!! Mick Taylor!!! #Stones50 @MickTaylorInfo

[twitter.com]

She has that cutie pie smile down perfect.... Sheryl I mean.

Amazing. leave to Mick Jagger to knock someone (MT) in shape.

Indeed, how many friggin' pounds has Taylor lost since O2/1 ? Can't be far from 30! There's little doubt that he's been getting advice from Torje Elke, Mick's personal trainer. As for Sheryl...well let's say I prefered her when she looked "natural"...

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 3, 2013 12:24

DandelionPowderman
roby

DandelionPowderman
roby

Definitely so

Date: June 3, 2013 13:16

sonomastone
DandelionPowderman
roby

DandelionPowderman
roby

I think they are playing great on this tour. Sftd is an abomination however and it alone is grounds for firing Chuck. Not that there is any lack of reasons.

It is much better on this tour than on the BB-tour. Especially Mick and Keith. Chuck is still pulling in the wrong direction on this one, imo.

Date: June 3, 2013 13:49

DandelionPowderman
sonomastone
DandelionPowderman
roby

DandelionPowderman
roby

It is much better on this tour than on the BB-tour. Especially Mick and Keith. Chuck is still pulling in the wrong direction on this one, imo.

I'd also like to see SFTD retired for all these reasons. As well as YCAGWYW - it's all theatrics and musically anemic. Midnight Rambler can be too but that it is balanced out by the jamming. Speaking of which, it seems the most consistently satisfying warhorses are JJF and Satisfaction, because the arrangement allows for the band to stretch out and really work the riff.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:19

Personally, what I'd be THRILLED to see and hear is for them to do another guitar driven version of Sympathy ala Ya Ya's or LYL, and drop the drum loop. Of course we'll never get that again given Mick's insistence ever since '89 to try to stick to the original studio arrangements on all songs. But what a thrill that could be..especially if they include Taylor. Oh well, we can dream..

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 3, 2013 15:41

His Majesty

I wasn't going to post again but after reading the above wise words from Slew, I had to write one more time.

STOP your bellyaching people! You sound like 10 yr olds. Stop trying to sound like experts -- you know nothing about performing for 50 years.

"Too much theatricality"... "not enough musicality"... "fire Chuck" "More MT, MORE MT."

What a bunch of clowns! I was going to continue reading this thread but it's not worth it.

Date: June 3, 2013 15:44

Jesse
His Majesty

I wasn't going to post again but after reading the above wise words from Slew, I had to write one more time.

STOP your bellyaching people! You sound like 10 yr olds. Stop trying to sound like experts -- you know nothing about performing for 50 years.

"Too much theatricality"... "not enough musicality"... "fire Chuck" "More MT, MORE MT."

What a bunch of clowns! I was going to continue reading this thread but it's not worth it.

So you're taking your ball and going home, fair enough...

Date: June 3, 2013 15:51

slew
Can we please stop all of this Mick Taylor nonsense!!! Would I like to see more of him yeah sure but if he does not play more then he does not play more. What we have here is the Rolling Stones 2013 and they rock with and without Mick Taylor. Mick Jagger is proving beyond a doubt that he is the greates frontman ever. to be performing and singing like he is at basically 70 years old is inspiring to me anyways. keith and Ronnie have bounced back nicely and Charlie is as solid as ever. Tickets are expensive but if you don't want to pay the money then don't. I'm sick to death of the whining and the Mick Taylor is this savior. the Stones have revitalized him not the other way around.

I agree with Slew, I'm Jesse's husband. Stop sounding like whining babies. Enjoy a concert like adults or sit on your asses and play your old recordings that you love so much. Mick Taylor should get on his knees again -- but in thanks that the Stones allowed him to play with them again. Why should they even have confidence in him? Two songs is more than enough. MT wants his long solos, he doesn't like to be part of a group sound -- and that's what the Stones are today.

Here's to the 2013 Stones. They don't need your advice.

Date: June 3, 2013 16:08

Jesse
slew

I agree with Slew, I'm Jesse's husband. Stop sounding like whining babies. Enjoy a concert like adults or sit on your asses and play your old recordings that you love so much. Mick Taylor should get on his knees again -- but in thanks that the Stones allowed him to play with them again. Why should they even have confidence in him? Two songs is more than enough. MT wants his long solos, he doesn't like to be part of a group sound -- and that's what the Stones are today.

Here's to the 2013 Stones. They don't need your advice.

He played for 4 1/2 years of the best Stones music. He can solo in shorter songs....give him Brown Sugar....I am sure that would be fantastic.

Date: June 3, 2013 16:09

DandelionPowderman
two4fun111
I think you're all wrong and all right. But I'm not paying this kind of money unless I get ALOT of Mick Taylor. After seeing them 34 times, I think I've earned that for myself. To each his own.

Spend them on Taylor solo shows, then.

I have already stipulated that Taylor isn't a great Solo act. But the problem for many here is that Taylor does make the Stones better - deal with that.

Date: June 3, 2013 16:15

duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111
I think you're all wrong and all right. But I'm not paying this kind of money unless I get ALOT of Mick Taylor. After seeing them 34 times, I think I've earned that for myself. To each his own.

I have already stipulated that Taylor isn't a great Solo act. But the problem for many here is that Taylor does make the Stones better - deal with that.

Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Deal with that.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:21

DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

He always does, like nobody else. Taylor is made for Stones songs, Ronnie isn't. He is a Face and always will be. The Stones music is in Taylor's genes, not in Ronnie's.

Date: June 3, 2013 16:26

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

He always does, like nobody else. Taylor is made for Stones songs, Ronnie isn't. He is a Face and always will be. The Stones music is in Taylor's genes, not in Ronnie's.

Using your logic, Ronnie's playing is closer to how the band sounded originally - with brian - (a sound you too supposedly appreciated).

I found the first CYHMK fantastic, like a heavenly strike of magic. The second one was really bad, unfortunately - hence my comment.

There is no reason to belive Emotional Rescue, Shattered or IORR will improve dramatically with Taylor, just to emphasise my comment a bit more smiling smiley

Date: June 3, 2013 16:38

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

(Jess's husband here again)
Dawg, How old are you? You sound a little obsessed. Do you live in a basement w/ a real big poster of MT still on your wall? Did he nod to you once or give you his autograph? He's a very good guitar player, everyone knows that. Sometimes he makes the Stones sound better, nobody's arguing that. But it's when he plays WITH them not when he puts his head down and solos and others have to figure out how to come in and out and tell him when the song is over. (As Richards did the other night.)

Ronnie will always be a "Face"? Wood's been w/them for 38 yrs. Nobody knows what the hell a "Face" is any more. What decade do you live in? The past is the past. But maybe you'd like a hologram of Brian Jones on the stage too? It's 2013.

Wake up little suzie....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home