Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Chicago-2 May 31 Stones show live updates
Date: June 3, 2013 16:48

Jesse
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111
I think you're all wrong and all right. But I'm not paying this kind of money unless I get ALOT of Mick Taylor. After seeing them 34 times, I think I've earned that for myself. To each his own.

Spend them on Taylor solo shows, then.

I have already stipulated that Taylor isn't a great Solo act. But the problem for many here is that Taylor does make the Stones better - deal with that.

Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Deal with that.

He always does, like nobody else. Taylor is made for Stones songs, Ronnie isn't. He is a Face and always will be. The Stones music is in Taylor's genes, not in Ronnie's.

(Jess's husband here again)
Dawg, How old are you? You sound a little obsessed. Do you live in a basement w/ a real big poster of MT still on your wall? Did he nod to you once or give you his autograph? He's a very good guitar player, everyone knows that. Sometimes he makes the Stones sound better, nobody's arguing that. But it's when he plays WITH them not when he puts his head down and solos and others have to figure out how to come in and out and tell him when the song is over. (As Richards did the other night.)

Ronnie will always be a "Face"? Wood's been w/them for 38 yrs. Nobody knows what the hell a "Face" is any more. What decade do you live in? The past is the past. But maybe you'd like a hologram of Brian Jones on the stage too? It's 2013.

Wake up little suzie....

It's useless trying to convert the Taylorites, especially now when they're in heaven.

But kleerie, remember: Taylor will always be a Bluesbreaker winking smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:15

ADTL...

[pinterest.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 3, 2013 17:58

LOVE Jesse and her husband!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:06

sonomastone

Your fascination with the finances of Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, et al. is truly astounding. Perhaps there is a forum for CPAs or Tax Lawyers you can join? This forum is for rolling stones fans.

Or perhaps you just don't understand our economic system. The band offers good and services (albums, concerts, etc.) for sale. The fans can choose whether they want to buy them. If the fans buy them, they accept that the money they are paying is fair trade for the goods and services they receive. That money then becomes the band's property to do with as it chooses.

Thanks for hanging on my every word but flattery will get you nowhere. I find the Stones finances very interesting from the days of indentured servitude to Alan Klein, to Prince Rupert putting them on the road to riches, to Mick the LSE dropout making key financial decisions, to Mick Taylor not getting rightful compensation, to the Stones elaborate tax dodges via Holland.....what did I miss?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:09

bye bye johnny

Come on!!! Mick Taylor!!! #Stones50 @MickTaylorInfo

[twitter.com]
what agood looking couple!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:11

DandelionPowderman
Jesse
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111
I think you're all wrong and all right. But I'm not paying this kind of money unless I get ALOT of Mick Taylor. After seeing them 34 times, I think I've earned that for myself. To each his own.

I have already stipulated that Taylor isn't a great Solo act. But the problem for many here is that Taylor does make the Stones better - deal with that.

He always does, like nobody else. Taylor is made for Stones songs, Ronnie isn't. He is a Face and always will be. The Stones music is in Taylor's genes, not in Ronnie's.

Dawg, How old are you? You sound a little obsessed. Do you live in a basement w/ a real big poster of MT still on your wall? Did he nod to you once or give you his autograph? He's a very good guitar player, everyone knows that. Sometimes he makes the Stones sound better, nobody's arguing that. But it's when he plays WITH them not when he puts his head down and solos and others have to figure out how to come in and out and tell him when the song is over. (As Richards did the other night.)

Ronnie will always be a "Face"? Wood's been w/them for 38 yrs. Nobody knows what the hell a "Face" is any more. What decade do you live in? The past is the past. But maybe you'd like a hologram of Brian Jones on the stage too? It's 2013.

Wake up little suzie....

It's useless trying to convert the Taylorites, especially now when they're in heaven.

He was too young to be a Bluesbreaker and just not too old to become a Rolling Stone.

Ronnie never has had that typical Rolling Stones gene. Brian did though.

Re: Chicago-2 May 31
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 3, 2013 18:36

Date: June 3, 2013 19:06

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Jesse
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

Wake up little suzie....

He was too young to be a Bluesbreaker and just not too old to become a Rolling Stone.

Interesting. Why was Taylor looked upon as an "outsider" while in the Stones, then? Must be something with his rock'n'roll genes - or he was too good to be in the Stones, perhaps? winking smiley

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:25

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Jesse
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

Wake up little suzie....

Jess' husband says:

RT played with Bluesbreakers from '82-83. He and Mayall got on real well.

Tell us, what's a "typical Rolling Stones gene"? Come on, be specific, don't just throw out crap like that.

The Stones don't take themselves that seriously.

Date: June 3, 2013 19:32

nteresting. Why was Taylor looked upon as an "outsider" while in the Stones, then? Must be something with his rock'n'roll genes - or he was too good to be in the Stones, perhaps?

----------

Mr.and Mrs. Jesse say "SCORE!" to the above comment. smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:25

We just got home from Chicago last night, away from the internet and thought I'd check out the reviews of the 1st 2 shows .

I forgot that doesn't happen here any more.....this site has become some sort of bitch - fest .I can't be bothered to trawl through pages and pages of bile.sad smiley I've had enough............. See you on Rocks Off.

sc uk

Date: June 3, 2013 21:23

Jesse
nteresting. Why was Taylor looked upon as an "outsider" while in the Stones, then? Must be something with his rock'n'roll genes - or he was too good to be in the Stones, perhaps?

----------

Mr.and Mrs. Jesse say "SCORE!" to the above comment. smiling smiley smiling smiley

I like Mr and Mrs Jesse! grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:43

I'm only responding because Jesse is interested...NO further questions, please.

Mick T was treated well by the Stones but was several years younger and didn't talk a lot...(a bit like when you're in school and someone a year or two older often seems daunting or practically "grown-up).

My impression was that Keith's descent into being out of it was somewhat frightening to Mick and his girl Rose. Keith was fine musically but there were times when he barely got off stage before he had to be carried out.

Mick T. was a pro who didn't ask for a lot of attention and was always a joy to hear play. He played on every song then but "MR" was always special...The audiences had never heard anything like the power of this song from Jagger who fed off Mick T's (powerful but more subtle than today) "input."

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:49

stonesrule
I'm only responding because Jesse is interested...NO further questions, please.

Mick T was treated well by the Stones but was several years younger and didn't talk a lot...(a bit like when you're in school and someone a year or two older often seems daunting or practically "grown-up).

My impression was that Keith's descent into being out of it was somewhat frightening to Mick and his girl Rose. Keith was fine musically but there were times when he barely got off stage before he had to be carried out.

Mick T. was a pro who didn't ask for a lot of attention and was always a joy to hear play. He played on every song then but "MR" was always special...The audiences had never heard anything like the power of this song from Jagger who fed off Mick T's (powerful but more subtle than today) "input."

Okay, well here we go (have a look at Taylor's face when he's playing 'through' the song)

Date: June 4, 2013 00:57

Did you folks hear that Taylor Swift is today's guest? No comment. I'm stunned.

Date: June 4, 2013 01:14

Double dose of Taylor...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:24

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 20:25 by DREAMTIME.

Date: June 8, 2013 20:24

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 20:30 by DREAMTIME.

Date: June 8, 2013 20:31

Date: June 30, 2013 03:44

Did anybody put together a DVD of this show???

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:18

DREAMTIME
Did anybody put together a DVD of this show???

I havent seen one circulate as yet. Just a few you tube clips.

I've compiled a list of audio and DVD/blu rays of the tour so far that I'm aware of, which will continue to be updated,

Hope thats of some use - [rocksoff.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 04:18 by Gazza.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:34

Green lady made a thread with videos of most every song from this show. [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 04:37 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 30, 2013 05:43

A DVD of the first Chicago show has just popped up on dime within the last few minutes - so maybe one of the other nights will follow soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 05:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 30, 2013 05:49

Gazza
A DVD of the first Chicago show has just popped up on dime within the last few minutes - so maybe one of the other nights will follow soon

I maybe don't understand the conversation but where can I find the DVD of tbe first show??

Benjamin.

Date: June 30, 2013 05:50

I am sorry Gazza, just found out on your website.

Benjamin.

Date: June 30, 2013 06:07

I havent updated the list on there yet, Ben, but if youre a member of dimeadozen you can get night 1 here on DVD :

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Date: June 30, 2013 18:18

Gazza
I havent updated the list on there yet, Ben, but if youre a member of dimeadozen you can get night 1 here on DVD :

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Thank you Gazza, I didn't know this website!

Benjamin.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home