Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Chicago-2 May 31 Stones show live updates
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:13

Green Lady, after all your time and work enabling us to see these videos, you are a true expert on the Rolling Stones in the year 2013. THEY should be most appreciative of your thoughts.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:14

maumau

shine a light
crackling audio

It's a pity that the sound is crackling,

but about the song itself: it's almost hard to listen to it,
because it really makes me so emotional somehow, sometimes I used to
listen to it when I had drunk some whisky and this emotional effect was even stronger, I listened to it sometimes many times in a row and became sader and sader...

There's not quite a similar song in the catalog of the band in this sense,
maybe Wild Horses is a little bit similar but not quite so.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:15

IORR and... Chuck Leavell >grinning smiley< (video)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:31

Here we go Knocking again:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 19:53 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:33

We took 4 videos last night of Midnight Rambler. I can post it this wkened.

Man as soon as they left the verse section it went into overdrive and was SMOKING!!!!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 19:34 by Marhsall.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:35

Bobby Keys is great.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:27

Got to hand it to them. That's probably the best overall set-list I've seen from these guys in YEARS.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:28

DoomandGloom
Bobby Keys is great.

Last night--- Mick Taylor makes this tune (CYHMK) but so does Bobby blowing a mean sax. Bit like sax on Live With Me. So when are one of the female guests going to do Live With Me? It's a natural but it has to be the right one to pull it off. Cheryl Crow and MickJ would not have worked.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:30

It really was as good as everyone says it was. Phenomenal gig. CYHMK with Taylor.. I can check that off my bucket list.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:31

Finally...Bobby Keys gets up there and really focuses. Sounded great.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:33

Yeesss Mick smiling smiley

kleermaker
Here we go Knocking again:

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:37

Someone should really start a Bobby Keys appreciation thread. The guy has contributed so much to The Stones for so many years it's ridiculous. He was even a part of The Golden Era. This may be his last go-round with the Boys. I'll like to buy that sommabitch a beer some time.

Date: June 1, 2013 20:44

Plus Tim Ries, I'm pretty sure he's the musician who doubles on B-3. When ever I hear a great organ part it's him. He's very sneaky and a first class horn player. He and Bobby sound like a much bigger section. Ries understands harmony..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 21:04 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:55

dcba
So we all agree the 2013 tour has just taken off in Chicago and all the previous shows were just public rehearsals?

A couple of more shows and they should just about be ready.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 1, 2013 20:56

the rest of the bands reaction at the end of CYHMK towards MT was really nice.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:00

Rip This
the rest of the bands reaction at the end of CYHMK towards MT was really nice.

Based on the band's reaction and the audience's, Mick Taylor's performance is the highlight of the show.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:09

Bungo
Got to hand it to them. That's probably the best overall set-list I've seen from these guys in YEARS.

not in just years; ever. EVER.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:16

some great pictures from 28/05 Chicago Tribune

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:23

Man that's a great hi-res pic...

MT wasn't so much locked in this time. Must be challenging to be "dropped in" for one song like that, for him. Charlie kept it together though as good drummers do.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:34

For everyone who went to the show where were you sitting?

We were in 311 with a straight view of the stage.

GREAT show! Great crowd!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: June 1, 2013 22:41

Do you think Jagger got a bit uncomfortable when Taylor was kneeling down in front of him? Towards the end of his Knockin solo?

There is something different about the band this time around. I can not put my finger on it; but they are acting, or coming of differently. OK, it has a lot to do with Taylor. But Jagger (who defies description) as let up on the showboat histrionics a bit. his dancing seems more instinct and of the moment; with abandon.

Date: June 1, 2013 22:48

Palace Revolution 2000
Do you think Jagger got a bit uncomfortable when Taylor was kneeling down in front of him? Towards the end of his Knockin solo?

There is something different about the band this time around. I can not put my finger on it; but they are acting, or coming of differently. OK, it has a lot to do with Taylor. But Jagger (who defies description) as let up on the showboat histrionics a bit. his dancing seems more instinct and of the moment; with abandon.
Last night Taylor made a statement. There's no need to always be going for the kill. There are beautiful textures inside The Stones music that can be explored. Taylor's greatness is his natural intuition for adding what's missing, not only in notes but dynamics and groove. He is a perfect foil for The Glimmers as he is a legitimate Rolling Stone as well. MT refuses to play copycat, instead he demands them to feel and react. It may take a few more tries but he'll shake the tree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 22:50 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:14

This show smoked I'd love to see RS on Ice Monday

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:22

I'm LUVVIN' this thread! I got a tear in my eye down here in Oz reading about this magical band and the great time all you lucky peoples are having in the US of A!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:33

What I find most interesting about Taylor's lead is that in Chicago it looks like he used his treble pickup where in LA he used his bass pickup.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:38

great stuff with MT so glad this is happening

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:53

This entire tour is a revelation. I wasn't convinced about the ticket prices, Taylor, the setlist, lack of a new album etc, but they are absolutely killing it out there. Unbelievable.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:01

Palace Revolution 2000

I've noticed this as well. IMO, it's a combination of things. Mick will tell anyone who asks him that his and Keith's relationship is a good 'working' relationship. Their is perhaps no real friendship left.

I think this entire tour is one of obligation rather than a real want to tour, by almost any of them. Sure they say things like they love it and that is what they are made to do etc, but to a man, each has their legitimate reasons as to why they wouldn't want to tour.

I think they understood they had an obligation to honor their 50th with at least a small tour and out of sense of duty and professionalism are doing it and doing it quite well. (Just by the nature of who the Stones are, it had to be done very well.)

But my bet is at least Mick and Charlie are anxious for it to be over and without actually announcing it, put an end to the 50 year rollercoaster ride that has been the Rolling Stones.

As much as I enjoyed Keith's book, I think apology or not, it has done some irreparable damage to the band.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:08

Bungo
Someone should really start a Bobby Keys appreciation thread. The guy has contributed so much to The Stones for so many years it's ridiculous. He was even a part of The Golden Era. This may be his last go-round with the Boys. I'll like to buy that sommabitch a beer some time.

Whole heartedly agree!!

Met him at a festival in Houston a couple years back, and he couldn't have been cooler. Asked him when the Stones would be touring again and he said
"Just waitin' on the call, Man".. Shaking his hand and chatting with him for a few was the highlight of the festival (and trip) for me.

Amazing to think that he and Keith have the exact same birthday as well...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:17

lazzzybones
I'm LUVVIN' this thread! I got a tear in my eye down here in Oz reading about this magical band and the great time all you lucky peoples are having in the US of A!

i've been crying uncontrollably since the tour began

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home