Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: Chicago-2 May 31 Stones show live updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:41

Nice to see Taylor move away from the record and play in the moment.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:50

Green Lady
kleermaker
Ross
Green Lady

This freezes at 4:31 for me. Am I the only one? Even does it on the YouTube page. Weird.

Here the same, so I dowloaded it. Then everything became visible.

It was playing in full when I posted it - but doing the same to me now.

Another version:

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:52

Thanks all for the CYHMK videos !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:53

Great to see CYHMK back but I also preferred the LA version, his tone isn't as "juicy", could be the recording though, off to a good start but then he never really hits his stride like he did in LA I think, ok let's check this second version!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 17:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:54

Last night was my 15th show since I started going as a teenager in '99. Getting in the pit for $85 and seeing this performance of CYHMK with Mick Taylor is the true highlight of all the shows i've seen. I couldn't actually believe what was unfolding before my eyes.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:06

any videos of Midnight Rambler from last night? Everybody is saying how awesome it was.

Thanks for all the videos you've been putting up. Appreciate them. But would LOVE to see one of MIDNIGHT RAMBLER.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:15

Max'sKansasCity
I was just thinking the other night, if only Mick had some maracas, or something, to keep his mind off of pointing and counting T-shirts in audience... it seems to have been an issue ever since that one show when the shirt sales report came in suspiciously low.

LMAO >grinning smiley<

even Bernard is on Congas duty. was that always his job?

CYHMK went really well - wow, yeah!

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:24

So ADTL and CYHMK are "night 2" songs it seems. I wonder why they don't just @#$%& add them every night!!?

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:26

Tonyz
So ADTL and CYHMK are "night 2" songs it seems. I wonder why they don't just @#$%& add them every night!!?

thumbs up

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:29

kleermaker
Green Lady
kleermaker
Ross
Green Lady

This freezes at 4:31 for me. Am I the only one? Even does it on the YouTube page. Weird.

Another version:

Same vid, this guy just reuploads other peoples stuff for some reason.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:39

Marhsall

My fiancée said that Woody Outplayed Taylor tonight! He was HOT!

Well if MT can bring a sense of danger in the bones of Keith and Ron... thumbs up

Date: June 1, 2013 17:40

dcba
Marhsall

My fiancée said that Woody Outplayed Taylor tonight! He was HOT!

Well if MT can bring a sense of danger in the bones of Keith and Ron... thumbs up
That's a good thing, everyone should play good.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:41

sabata
GOOMC & IORR
Nice Shot

LOVE THIS VIDEO! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sorry to shout but it's currently playing very loudly in the headphones as my wife & I lay here early Saturday morning waking, baking & drinking coffee. She's watching travel shows on TV. About halfway through "Cloud" I asked permission to go to a second leg show if there is one.

Go Stones Go.

Green Lady: Due to the quick cut in the audio/video I can't tell for sure, but I think MJ sang the first line (2-3) in wrong "part". The entire band seemed to all grab the same chord w/o any sliding but I couldn't tell for sure if KR played what he normally plays to lead MJ in. MJ quickly grabbed his ear monitor control and possibly sang what could have been a harmony part to what we normally hear from him. Not so much out of key per say? I'm really not sure. Band did grin a bit and it did seem as "something was up" for a few seconds. Some one w/ better ears than mine may be able to say exactley what happened in musical terms.

Thanks for the info about the CYHMK video. Haven't seen past 4:31 but look forward to doing so.

Any video of Rambler from Chicago #2 yet?

Thanks for all the updates. I'm jealous as hell.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:44

So we all agree the 2013 tour has just taken off in Chicago and all the previous shows were just public rehearsals?

Date: June 1, 2013 17:47

Like to see IORR replaced with Star Star.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 1, 2013 17:48

best public rehearsals ever

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:06

still ill
kleermaker
Green Lady
kleermaker
Ross
Green Lady

Another version:

Same vid, this guy just reuploads other peoples stuff for some reason.

Well all right, at least it doesn't freeze.

Posted by: TDStonesFan ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:08

My wife and I attended Chicago #2, and I have to say it was awesome. Probably the best version of Gimme Shelter I have ever seen live. Keith nailed it on Sympathy. Al the classics were incredible. Great acoustics for such a large arena. We met several first-timers before and after the show. They were all blown away. Truly they are the world's greatest rock and roll band!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:13

Sweet solo from MT on the CYHMK.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:14

TDStonesFan
My wife and I attended Chicago #2, and I have to say it was awesome. Probably the best version of Gimme Shelter I have ever seen live. Keith nailed it on Sympathy. Al the classics were incredible. Great acoustics for such a large arena. We met several first-timers before and after the show. They were all blown away. Truly they are the world's greatest rock and roll band!

I hope this concert will available officially or unofficially as pro-shot soundboard audio dvd/blu-ray.

Maybe they have now rehearsed enough and reaching the level for which they really are capable of and hopefully even could top this level in the future concerts!

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:23

mr_dja

I found myself being surprisingly mesmerized by this vid: the "it" factor is coming together, MJ's energy is superhuman, Keith is playing well, Charlie's stamina is simply unbelievable, Daryl Jones morphs into the band...it's an interesting, understated version of the Stones at 70 years old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 18:24 by paulm.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:29

shine a light
crackling audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 18:31 by maumau.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:36

triceratops
RobertJohnson
rollingon

I wouldn't even like Mick Taylor's lead playing to be the main thing in 22 songs, but maybe 3-4 songs in every concert with some really great lead playing by Mick Taylor would be optimal.

In fact, there is no need for soloing in 22 songs. But Taylor also contributes essential elements of what we called once the ancient art of weaving, but on a essentially higher level.

"Weaving" is just so much Keith-babble. All I know is we need more MT on stage and not necessarily for soloing and showcasing. For deftly contributing to the three guitar attack ol Keith was babbling (once again) about in pre-tour interviews. There is a fine line between babble and bullshit and Keith straddles it.

Over quoted perhaps, but not babble. What the man was trying to point out was that the Stones are a band which should be two rhythm-as-lead guitar players intermingling, ala Jones and Richards. Woody brought that back to us.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:46

My brother and I landed PIT TICKETS last night for $85

I'm still smiling and still driving (long story)

The Rolling Stones are just @#$%& incredible!

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:47

Thanks for all the videos.

Anybody know why there's no video anywhere online of MR from yesterday? Or sheryl crow? Can't find them anywhere.

thanks.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:51

Okay I was whining about the setlist but I am no longer whining this band is awesome. I can not beleive how good they are at 70. This second Chicago show seems to be the best of the tour so far. i'm so sick of hearing about Keith's deficiencies. Did anyone watch SFM on the am I the only one who loves this thread? It is ramshackle but the slightly dangerous edge of Keith is back!! I am amzed how these guys have bounced back. it really looks like they are proud of their legacy. I have even noticed the "warhorses are played with energy and how one can not like these songs when they are played properly is beyond me. And CYHMK and Mick Taylor do bring the band focus and energy. I wish he played more and that is my only complaint. These guys really are the World's greatest rockj and roll band! they ssem to be getting better as they go along too. I can not wait for the two Boston shows!!

Date: June 1, 2013 18:51

Carnaby
triceratops
RobertJohnson
rollingon

I wouldn't even like Mick Taylor's lead playing to be the main thing in 22 songs, but maybe 3-4 songs in every concert with some really great lead playing by Mick Taylor would be optimal.

In fact, there is no need for soloing in 22 songs. But Taylor also contributes essential elements of what we called once the ancient art of weaving, but on a essentially higher level.

"Weaving" is just so much Keith-babble. All I know is we need more MT on stage and not necessarily for soloing and showcasing. For deftly contributing to the three guitar attack ol Keith was babbling (once again) about in pre-tour interviews. There is a fine line between babble and bullshit and Keith straddles it.

Over quoted perhaps, but not babble. What the man was trying to point out was that the Stones are a band which should be two rhythm-as-lead guitar players intermingling, ala Jones and Richards. Woody brought that back to us.
Other than the mid 70's great records I don't see much of that 2 guitar thingy people keep pointing out. The current tour has either Keith or Wood playing the role as lead guitarist depending on the song.. Sympathy, not a weave, ADTL, not a weave, Silver, no weave, Gimme Shelter, Keith on lead et et et. The exceptions SFM, which has rocked like old style punk but misses MT most of all. JJF which is dull these days without a soloist.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 18:55

Right point D&G.

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:06

Well a difference last night from Tuesday as I posted that show a C+ and Friday was electric and give it a A! Jagger was on fire with banter, great voice and banter getting the crowd into it. Taylor was used 3 times and Knockin and especially Rambler which seems to go on for an hour was fantastic! Crow was fair and seemed like a afterthought. Fisher was excellent if not over the top on Gimme but whos complaining. Ronnie and Charlie usual workman like effort and Keith was is best form I have seen in years. The boys were really into it last night and it showed up in the music as just a homerun performance and night and day from Tuesday. Taylor really gave an extra spark and the 3 guitar attack really clicked when he was on with a ton of interplay so hopefully the trend continues with Taylor. Mick was on all 8 cylinders just was on jet fuel and driving the ship all night. Worth the money!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 1, 2013 19:07

What strikes me about the videos isn't just CYHMK, impressive though that is. Everything so far sounds good, even the old warhorses like IORR and Start Me Up, just as paulm says about that video of the opening songs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home