Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: Chicago-2 May 31 Stones show live updates
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:44

RobertJohnson
rollingon

I wouldn't even like Mick Taylor's lead playing to be the main thing in 22 songs, but maybe 3-4 songs in every concert with some really great lead playing by Mick Taylor would be optimal.

In fact, there is no need for soloing in 22 songs. But Taylor also contributes essential elements of what we called once the ancient art of weaving, but on a essentially higher level.

"Weaving" is just so much Keith-babble. All I know is we need more MT on stage and not necessarily for soloing and showcasing. For deftly contributing to the three guitar attack ol Keith was babbling (once again) about in pre-tour interviews. There is a fine line between babble and bullshit and Keith straddles it.

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:47

GOOMC & IORR
Nice Shot

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:49

These are easily some of the best shows they've ever played. They sound incredible even on the Youtube clips, can't wait for an official Blu-Ray.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:59

Just got home from an AMAZING show!!!

Great Midnight Rambler!

Great C.Y.H.M.K!

I really liked G.S. & Happy too!

The audience was up dancing & moving...singing..

Jagger told the audience 2 or 3 time what wonderful singers we all were.

Everybody went nuts when Jagger was dancing during Midnight Rambler.

It was a great show...so much energy!

My fiancée said that Woody Outplayed Taylor tonight! He was HOT! I'm very close to agreeing

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 13:57 by Marhsall.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:03

RobertJohnson
rollingon
Erik_Snow
andrewt
Green Lady

Brilliant!

Nevermind some bum notes from Taylor, I think this is brilliant, as well
At least for me, Taylor's appearance on this tour has brought new interest in the band - even though it's not musically perfect; I'm eager on every new second when listening to the "Taylor songs" ; and I bet Jagger is too....at least, it looks that way.

Finally some excitement on stage again, and not just the same routine, over and over. Taylor deserves being paid twice as much as the others on this tour. And I'm not even a Taylor-solo-fan.....it's just that the whole band is more focused when he's on stage. But I do think the 1st version of CYHMK (in CA) was better than this Chicago version......despite the "Satarini tapping" of Taylor at one certain point.
(edit: misspelled Satarini)
(edit2: or is it Satriani, after all? well I'm not going to check on google)

Mick Taylor's playing really makes the shows so different, they are more interesting ang heterogeneous as for playing. And dynamically there are more moments when only one instrument is in the focus so that the whole band is not in the focus all the time.

I wouldn't even like Mick Taylor's lead playing to be the main thing in 22 songs, but maybe 3-4 songs in every concert with some really great lead playing by Mick Taylor would be optimal.

In fact, there is no need for soloing in 22 songs. But Taylor also contributes essential elements of what we called once the ancient art of weaving, but on a essentially higher level.

I agree that it would be really great to hear Mick Taylor licks against Jagger voice like happened in '72/'73 tours, now in MR and CYHMK they are more like Mick Taylor solo numbers and we are missing Jagger's singing combined with Mick Taylor's licks. They should play the kind of songs where that miracle could happen. I'm not sure if that would require more rehearsing and routine playing together so that it would really work out though.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:10

Thanks sabata, great video.

ps the bandsounds and looks Great!!!

jeroen

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:12

I also noticed that right before Charlie threw his drumsticks out in the pit, they had a close up of him on the screen and he just looked like he had just given EVERYTHING! he had playing the drums!

Thank You Charlie!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 14:13 by Marhsall.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:27

sabata
GOOMC & IORR
Nice Shot

Is somebody in the wrong key at the start of IORR? But who cares - great sound, great video, and obviously a great show!

Date: June 1, 2013 13:35

Even Start Me Up sounds good!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:45

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:48

RobertJohnson
Without Mick Taylor we see a tour of nostalgia; a bunch of two old guitar-lads which try to elaborate 10 percent of what they did in the seventies. With Mick Taylor there is a vivid band with creative musical ideas each time he is on stage. And it is not a matter of age. Mick Taylor is in the same age as Ronnie and Keith. It is not a matter of health. Mick Taylor had tremendous health problems in the last years. It is rather a matter of respect for music and the audience and a matter of the willingness to to do something new. Instead of this we have two guitarist in the comfort zone who are content with marvelling at the great guitar skills of Mick Taylor. More than one time Mick Taylor tried to animate Ronnie and Keith to do something unusual on guitar, without any success but for some grining in the faces of Ronnie and Keith.

well said...from all i've seen on these videos..they do go somewhere else thats a whole lot better musically with him.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 1, 2013 13:57

Another Gimme Shelter

You Got The Silver

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 1, 2013 14:13

Hope they play Shine A light in Boston !!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 1, 2013 14:26

The pit looks much more crowded than the other shows I have been to.
Anyone else notice it is becoming harder to move around during the show?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2013 14:47

(nevermind, double post)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 15:10 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: June 1, 2013 15:07

bye bye johnny

Great pic. Keith finds new inspiration checking out Sheryl's bum!

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 1, 2013 15:47

rollingon
Erik_Snow
andrewt
Green Lady

Brilliant!

At least for me, Taylor's appearance on this tour has brought new interest in the band - even though it's not musically perfect; I'm eager on every new second when listening to the "Taylor songs" ; and I bet Jagger is too....at least, it looks that way.

Finally some excitement on stage again, and not just the same routine, over and over. Taylor deserves being paid twice as much as the others on this tour. And I'm not even a Taylor-solo-fan.....it's just that the whole band is more focused when he's on stage. But I do think the 1st version of CYHMK (in CA) was better than this Chicago version......despite the "Satarini tapping" of Taylor at one certain point.

Mick Taylor's playing really makes the shows so different, they are more interesting ang heterogeneous as for playing. And dynamically there are more moments when only one instrument is in the focus so that the whole band is not in the focus all the time.

MT brings back everything I missed live since he left.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 1, 2013 15:51

Was at show. CYHMK was incredible. MR was incredible. MJ harp on MR was almost an equal match to MT's guitar. Incredible.

Sheryl Crow sucked I thought.

The rest of the show was okay. smiling smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 15:54

leatherjacket
rollingon
Erik_Snow
andrewt
Green Lady

Brilliant!

MT brings back everything I missed live since he left.

YES.

Fantastic CYHMK version, so brilliant... Love the audience reaction as soon as Mick Taylor begins his fantastic solo.Magic.

Great, great, great !!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:00

Green Lady

This freezes at 4:31 for me. Am I the only one? Even does it on the YouTube page. Weird.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:07

Ross
Green Lady

This freezes at 4:31 for me. Am I the only one? Even does it on the YouTube page. Weird.

Here the same, so I dowloaded it. Then everything became visible.

Date: June 1, 2013 16:10

kleermaker
Ross
Green Lady

It was playing in full when I posted it - but doing the same to me now.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:14

Just wanted to say that I now understand why I got the Satriani spelling wrong. Was on Santorini on holiday last autumn, so this whole thing is just confusing. Won't be mentioning Santorini.....no I mean Satriani; again.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:14

Mick and Charlie faces looking at Taylor's playing tell a lot ! smiling smiley

Date: June 1, 2013 16:23

Max'sKansasCity
bye bye johnny

Come on!!! Mick Taylor!!! #Stones50 @MickTaylorInfo

[twitter.com]

She has that cutie pie smile down perfect.... Sheryl I mean.

Amazing. leave to Mick Jagger to knock someone (MT) in shape.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:29

"I now understand why I got the Satriani spelling wrong. Was on Santorini on holiday last autumn, so this whole thing is just confusing"

Erik, there are greek islands named Kythnos and Mykonos. You could imagine their names as Keith-nos and Mick-onos, paying honours to our favourite band.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:34

kleermaker
Ross
Green Lady

Got it! Now it works fine. What a great video!

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:37

Observations from last night's show:

As someone who truly loves the Stones legacy and the music I often enter shows these days as a faux critic. Last night was a revelation and I very much agreed with Greg Kot's take on the Stones and this tour.

The setlist was fine - surely would love to see more adventurous forays into the playbook.

Mick Taylor is a game changer - plain and simple and as predicted by many of us so called Taylor-ites. He was the guy taking chances and you know the whole band was behind him and encouraging him and it was a marvel to witness.

The crowd was awesome and the Band knew it and responded in kind with an energy that honored the trails they had blazed for the first 20 years.

Lisa Fischer is outstanding and she and Bernard are really as much as part of the Band as anyone else. Those two are pros and go out and integrate into the Band's effort every night. Forget Gaga, Fergie or whomever they wish to have on GS...Lisa owns and has earned the right to own it every night.

I had to laugh last night when I discoverd that Darryl Jones gets a mic and actually sings backup where as Keith was on the backup perhaps once all night. So the backup singers for the Band are Darryl, Chuck, Lisa and Bernard with nary a trace of Keith and Woody - times have changed

Nice version of You Got the Silver - Woody did a very nice job on slide.

Keith is very much back to the 1969-1978 model of Keith - leading the band on a lot of numbers and he was absolutely rock solid on Midnight Rambler and he and Mick T and Woody were fantastics...probably the highest point of an already very very good show.

Mick - holy cow what can one say about the guy that has not already been said....simply the best...

YCAGWYW - was nice with the local choir-- at one point Lisa and Bernard were singing and Lisa looked over to some of the kids and gave them a thumbs up and those kids totally lit up..it was a sweet gesture on her part.

Nothing new was achieved really but it was an outstanding show by the Band.

Date: June 1, 2013 16:37

This one is OK:

Posted by: REMChicagoBOY ()
Date: June 1, 2013 16:40

Mick Taylor was phenomenal on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking".

"Shine A Light" was incredible.

"Emotional Rescue" the second time around we even better than the first night.

I puked from boredom during "Miss You" and "Start Me Up".

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1315
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home