Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
MICK AT RONNIE'S SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 14, 2005 01:05

I just got a text message on my cell phone from KeithRichards (Lorenz) who's at the gig with Ronnie Wood and Fiends. It beeped in two seconds ago. It said plain and simple "Mick was here".

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-14 01:39 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: MICK AT RONNIE'S SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 14, 2005 01:09

As a Faces & Stones fan, I really wish I was there...looking forward to any more info!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 14, 2005 01:15

sounds like MJ was in attendance - but on stage?

Date: March 14, 2005 01:16

No idea StonesTod. but I'm flyin' might high over this right now. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 14, 2005 01:18

would be a nice show of support for Ronnie if true....

Date: March 14, 2005 01:24

Reported by Stonesdoug on Shidoobee:

Mick did a song with the band---waiting to hear which one

YEEEEEEHAW

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: March 14, 2005 01:44

Mick came on a couple of songs before the end and did Dance part 1. It was AWWWWSOME!!!!!

Date: March 14, 2005 01:45

Wow - is this show being taped or filmed?

Date: March 14, 2005 01:48

How do you know CSD???? Tell us EVERYTHING man!!!!! smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 14, 2005 01:50

It was being filmed, so hopefully it will come out on DVD. Ronnie's band included Andy Newmark, Ray Cooper, Kenney Jones, Andrea Corr, Beverley Knight and Ian McLagen.

Date: March 14, 2005 01:56

I've just got back, it finished at 10.00. It only lasted an hour and a half, but it was fantastic. Ronnie did Testify, Seven Days, OOh La La, Stay With Me, Janis Joplin's Piece Of My Heart with Beverley Knight on vocals and of course Dance Part 1 with Mick as well as quite a few other songs from his solo albums.

Date: March 14, 2005 02:05

how did the boy play? that's what we wanna know...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 14, 2005 03:33

Great report, thanks!
Sadly Keith wasn't there, he used to be Ronnie's partner but that was long time ago, now Mick is Ronnie's best friend!

Date: March 14, 2005 03:37

Hey George. You're judging that by a single show. Come on now. Keef 'n Ron are the guitarslingers man.
smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 14, 2005 03:46

Keith said some "nasty" things about Ronnie on the last years too, Mick is more partner for Ronnie now (rehab, shows...).
Keith is in a very low profile too.

Date: March 14, 2005 04:53

I always thought Dance Part 1 could really come together & kick ass live if given a fraction of the attention given Miss You - btw, was Bernard there?

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 14, 2005 06:06

yepp, Bernard sang most of the songs.

Ronnie also played Testify, Black Limousine, and Seven Days, what I really liked. Best momnt was of course when Ronnie said "Now we will make you dance...."

I dont think the show was filmed. Couldn see any cameras...

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: March 14, 2005 06:15

hi guys!
I am at Stansted Airport right now with Thomas!
Setlist:

Mystifies Me
Am I grooving you
seven days
testify
whadda ya think
if i dont have you (reggae)
If you want me to stay
plynth
oh la la
little wing
breathe on me
piece of my heart
black limo
dance (with mick!)
flying (kenney jones)
stay with me

the band sounded great and ronnie was in excellent shape!
more later

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 14, 2005 06:27

Herewith I confirm the setlist of my Stonesbrother KR.

Ronnie: "We now gonna dance with a very good teacher!"
And then MICK came. The place went nuts.

PLUGGED IN ...AND SEATED, er, STANDING

Jagger and Ronnie are in very good shape.

First time ever that a Stones member was onstage at another s solo show {I think}

NO CHUCK LEAVELL (and it worked!).

Thanks Gazza, Lorenz, Andreas and all the others for a great day

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2005 08:23

I will post complete reviews and photos pages from the show here later today, as I get home from London. Please everybody who went to the show, send photos and reviews to iorr@arena.no - thanks!

It was an unforgettable nigh indeed. I came for some great fun and was caught by a big surprise: The first guest appearance by Mick Jagger in many, many years.

Ronnie started off on his own. With a solid band including Stones backing mates Darryl Jones and Bernard Fowler he felt safe and sharp. Did not have any drings or cigarettes at all through out the show. Just water, which is great news. At one point he said "this is f... hard work you know", as it seems he spend a lot of energy on running his own show, especially in the beginning. Then Andrea Corr came along, and with her help plus also Bernard on vocals Ronnie seemed to relax a bit more.

The venue was beautiful. A theatre with 3 large upper balconies stacked above the floor, giving space for around 1600 people, all in chairs. The concert feel on the floor was on from the first song, as everybody on the floor stood up and also crowded the isles. Security cared for nothing except real security, plus preventing people from smoking.

Many great songs. Reviews to come. The highlight of the night came when Ronnie started up DANCE. I said to myself: Who is going to sing on this song? And before my mind could thing of any alternatives, out from the last night left Darryl side jumps no others than Mick Jagger himself. Smiling, singing, jumping, and driving the song just as he does with the Stones. Excellent. I think even Mick seemed more relaxed than normal, because this was a no security no expectations just have fun and enjoy as much as you like show. Andrea Corr was on stage too, but even if she is declared the worlds most sexy woman I must say I did not put my eyes on her for a split second during that song. Still she looked great.

Mick disappeared just as fast as he showed up. Then Ronnie said something like "he surprised the shit out of me", smiled and played on.

More later...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2005 09:26

Wow!!! Unbelieveabley great news. Looks like the Stones will be grinding on all cylinders soon enough!
I can't wait any longer for the new album/tour, etc.!

But where were his real friends when he needs them most?...Keith, Charlie...or even Bill Wyman for heavens sakes?!!!

Did Ronnie play well?! Tell us all about it!!!

Mick making a special appearance? UNBELIVABLE!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 14, 2005 09:50

wow...
(Have you ever wished you were somewhere else at a given point?)
/BB

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 14, 2005 11:01

Man, this is just what I miss. The Stones being the Stones. Spontanous shows and surprises.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 14, 2005 11:23

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I came for some great fun and was caught by a big surprise:
> The first guest appearance by Mick Jagger in many,
> many years.

Jagger did a guest appearance in the carabian (Mystique) just a few weeks ago!

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:10

Guys, I'm just listening to the recording I made of the show :-))
I made it with my digital camera, it has a shitty microphone - but it's a nice souvenir. I can tell you that Ronnie was in really good shape.
He started the set on his own, just with his acoustic and singing. I guess that shows that he is quite self confident at the moment. The band sounded tight and well rehearsed, Ronnie's solos were really good! Nothing out of key/tune, he always seemed to know what to play. He was the musical director, he was very concentrated and played great!
I'm really, really tired now because I stayed up for more than 24 hours, so I'll post a full review a bit later.

One bad thing - a fight broke out near where I was seated, a guy went crazy, there was no security and at the end 5 guys fought him down and kicked him out.

Date: March 14, 2005 12:10

I bet we're in for a GREAT Stones tour. I'm getting goosebumps all over when I read BV's post. Hot damn, why wasn't I there??? Looking forward to the full review.
smiling smiley
I can't stop smiling.........

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: SFT-D ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:27

Great reviews from all that were there.

In all fairness, georgelicks, Mick does show up here and again, making surprise visits. I don't think Mick is anymore friendly with Ronnie, than Keith. Actually, I thought it strange, the last few tours, that Mick really seems to be ultra, ultra chummy with Charlie, (more so than normal, since Charlie punched Mick, I meanwinking smiley

"I Don't Regret Nothin'" (KR)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-14 12:45 by SFT-D.

Date: March 14, 2005 12:33

I'm listening to "Stay With Me" (The encore) and Dance Pt. 1 (With MICK) from KeithRichards' recording of the show right now. The quality is about the same as on "The Killer Festival". Maybe a little worse, but still you can hear it. Especially the excitement of the crowd. HOT DAMN they sound cool. And although it's not the best sound quality, you can hear that Ronnie was cool. And the rest of the band too.
grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:36

SFT-D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Actually, I thought it strange, the last few tours, that Mick really seems to be ultra chummy with Charlie

The have been chummy since the earlie 80-ies!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:41

The show was only 65 minutes but it was really good (better than the London 2001 shows). A Vg+ recording should be circulating in the next few weeks. Did not see any video cameras either.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home