Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: MICK AT RONNIE'S SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:50

I'm listening to KeithRichards recording of Dance right now.

Great to hear the crowds reaction when Mick hits the stage!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:51

Can anyone who recorded it please share it somewhere ? (eMule or torrent, or anything like this)

I think all the fans who couldn't make it to London would like to see or hear how good Ronnie is when he's sober

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:58

I'm about to split it in seperate songs and convert them to MP3 files - don't worry the quality won't get worse, don't expect too much from my recording. There are better ones to come from other people.
I could send my mp3s to Pascal to put it on rockpassion.com?
Or what other possibility is there to share it as fast as possible?

The show was 85 minutes, btw.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 14, 2005 13:00

On RocksOff there was a person (Hannalee I think), who said that it was filmed for a DVD or something. Let's hope it's true. This GOTTA be in the collection.
smiling smiley

OH and BTW: PICS EN MASSE FROM THE SHOW!!!!!!!
[editorial.gettyimages.com]|1|0|30|0|0|1|0|0|0|52376904|0|0|0|0|0||0|0|0|0&p=7

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-14 13:01 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: March 14, 2005 13:03

KeithRichards Wrote:

> I could send my mp3s to Pascal to put it on rockpassion.com?

Yes, good idea !

Thanks

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 14, 2005 13:04

KeithRichards
What you can also do is make a zip with all your MP3s, and share it on Emule.
It's pretty easy to do

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 14, 2005 13:06

The minidisc says 66 mins 20 seconds so it'll fit on a single CDR.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 14, 2005 13:34

It was a truly memorable performance all round, with Mick's stunning performance being just one among so many highlights. Beverley Knight just about stole the show for me personally, on what turned out to be a celebration of truly great music from the best house band in the world.

However, with Ronnie looking and sounding better than ever, that has to be the really great news!

Thanks to Gazza for organising the drinks!

Date: March 14, 2005 13:34

Pics from the show (From Getty Images).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 14, 2005 14:25

It' good to hear that Ronnie's back! The picture's are great! What more to say? Mick is THE man!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 14, 2005 14:40

wow mick and ronnie look great,you can tell they are ready too roll

out the new tour

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: March 14, 2005 15:16

@#$%& awesome!!!!

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: March 14, 2005 15:20

The guitarplayer on the left is Jeff Beck, right? Who's the other one on the tele?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 14, 2005 15:58

according to Brendan Fitzgerald from Stones Toronto Group, at end of D. pt 1 Ron clearly mouthed to Mick, 'Did he come?" - to which Mick shook his head 'no'...(so who was 'he'?)

However, this is most encouraging - better than expected (Brendan also says it was totally ON, much better than what he considered the 'shambolic' 2001 Far East Man gig)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-14 18:50 by john r.

Posted by: cohmex ()
Date: March 14, 2005 16:16

It was a magic night... in this no more sleeping London town. At a 1600's beautiful theater, as you were going up the stairs, looked at Ronnies paintings displayed all the way up...

He was in great shape, sharp, fresh...humble as always, and enjoying it as always as well... Changing from leader man to buddy guy and presenting his respects to the other bandmembers on stage, wait for the boot... He entered the stage asking "did you like the paintings"...On the first one, Mystifies me, it was only him and acoustic guitar on the stage, wearing white and silver sparking shirt, green coat and jeans... From Am I grooving you on, Jo, seated at the left balcon, looked proud and happy dancing on her sit and smiling like thinking "that's my man".

Darryl Jones, Bernard Fowler... I was thinking... a friends night... maybe another Stones is hiding behind the courtains? Then Andrea, Leah and Beverly made some vocals, Bernard singing in an inspiring mood... If I don't have you, was a amazing reggae number... Some faces songs, then Black Limousine... WOW, it sounded crispily strong.. I loved it. Beverly did an inspired Janis piece of my heart delivery... Everyone around us on the upper circle seemed to tight but we did't care and get up and dance and sing, I mean shouted...

On Dance Ronnie said something about having a teacher for us... And WOOOOWWWW!!! there he was, dressed to kill (actually not, he weared a wine shirt and black? troussers). AND at the very first single second he took the stage it was MAGIC!, Strenght!, Power!. Mick is the man!!!! Every single person in the old theater get up and danced!! and shouted and asked for more... Unbelievable magic moments, we were screming and shouting and dancing, what a delivery of DANCE... For me was like a rehearsal for the next Stones Tour... That guitar and that voice are ready... THANK YOU RONNIE FOR THIS EXTRAORDINARY GIFT.

Posted by: RvO-NL-1 ()
Date: March 14, 2005 16:41

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:19

Ronnie and Mick are looking very fit and ready to go...

Date: March 14, 2005 17:41

Thanks JKF for great pics of what looks likes a joyous show..."How I Wish"...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 14, 2005 18:18

Wow - I'm looking forward to Gazza's sure-to-be balanced review - but even I have to admit that this sounds very encouraging. Only downer might be the failure of KR to show up.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: March 14, 2005 18:46

The show was definitely filmed. I was sat 3 feet away from a guy with a dvcam camera on a tripod and there was another unmanned (automatically operated) camera centrally positioned. There must have been others too but they were all I could actually see.

Whatever it is that Mick's got, he's still got it: the show was great throughout but as soon as Mick appeared he just stole the show. Everyone in the balconies got up and started grooving. Apart from Dance I think the highlights were the Gregory Isaacs reggae no. & Plynth.

Although no alcohol or fags were present at least two people there were speculating that he was on charlie due to the constant brushing of his nose and the way he was wired and frequently breathless. This may be true but I'm not convinced. It has to be said that if he was coked up then this is preferable to the booze at least from a performance point of view as he was generally very focussed. The comparison with the drunken shambles at Shepherds Bush in 2001 is startling.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 14, 2005 19:29

Please who can post Dance Pt. 1 for download?
Thanks in advance.

Date: March 14, 2005 19:33

I dont think that's Beck - the Charlatins' guitarist?

Date: March 14, 2005 20:11

And thanks for Ronald Blank's review - "I really listened to the words & was bown away by the energy and concentration he put into it..."

Posted by: Han ()
Date: March 14, 2005 20:17

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On RocksOff there was a person (Hannalee I think),
> who said that it was filmed for a DVD or
> something. Let's hope it's true. This GOTTA be in
> the collection.
>

Wasn't me said that, though I did see a couple of big cameras about.

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Date: March 15, 2005 03:11

HE IS SOBER, AND SUPERB AS WELL

Date: March 15, 2005 03:11

HE IS SOBER, AND SUPERB AS WELL

Date: March 15, 2005 03:43

> Wasn't me said that, though I did see a couple of
> big cameras about.

Great. Maybe we can expect a DVD then. Oh and: I WANT IT!!!!! Hahaha. smiling smiley
Although some of us have heard some of the concert on audio, it would be even better to see how Mick jumps on stage and makes everybody go wild as hell.
And also I really wanna see Ronnie at this top-form that everybody is reporting. He sounds really good on the recording I heard for sure. He is the man.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 15, 2005 03:56

>Although some of us have heard some of the concert on audio, it would be even better to see how Mick jumps on stage and makes everybody go wild as hell.

even on video, I doubt anyone could do that moment justice.

I still can feel the goosebumps.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 15, 2005 04:28

Graet news! Thanks
to all for sharing with us.
Ronnie, Mick and Bernard look
fit n' fine. Most reassuring-
indeed it looks like we are in
for a @#$%&' awesome Stones year!!!!

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: March 15, 2005 06:28

Oh me god...

I'm crying

BTW: Thats no hairdo.....hahaha

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home