Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Chicago May+June 2013 show planning
Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 15, 2013 06:34

wineaux
For those asking for suggestions on things to do on the 'off' nights.... Rolling Stones Project on May 29th. Have seen them here a few times... great venue!

[www.martyrslive.com]

I don't post here much (except in the Hyde Park "confusion" i.e. they lied to us thread). I bought two tickets to see the RS Project - will be traveling from near south part of Magnificent Mile, north of the river. Not sure of best way to get to/from there - will not have a car.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:15

@brewcrew87 - The $85 seats had an initial sale for all dates. Many/most of us got our 85s during that sale. Due to lack of demand for $600 seats they are now releasing more tickets sporadically. The day of show onsale is great for locals.

What wineaux said is the truth. The Rolling Stones Project perform beautiful renditions of the classics. I can't remember the setlist when I saw them, but I remember a stunning version of Ruby Tuesday. Stunning. I am not much for the ballads so that is truly saying something in my book. They actually were one of the last gigs at the Jazz Factory here in Louisville. Me and a buddy got on TV as they were covering the gig. Very fun since my studio was around the corner!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:23

Did anyone buy more than one set of 85s for Chicago, on the same credit card or a different one
with the same name?

I've heard for some venues they will cancel all of them if you do that, but not for others.
Hoping to come across another set of 85s before the show...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:21

PLEASE!

PLEASE!

PLEASE!

Leave Katy Perry and Gwen Stefani at home and just let Mick Taylor handle the special guest duties on 5/31.

PLEASE!

Date: May 21, 2013 23:23

@angee - Many people have reported arriving at the window, explaining the two pairs, and then getting two envelopes. I doubt you will have a problem. Others have different stories.

@R - RIGHT ON. I will amend that and say PLEASE PLAY LITTLE QUEENIE!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:59

I have a question about the sound at the United Center: how is the acoustic?

I read that Anaheim and LA is not really good... What about the UC of Chicago?

Benjamin.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:09

Going to Fri. Show! Who here has fri tix? What are you doing after?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:25

Thanks, flacv--just recalling too, if they don't cancel 'em before the show, everything should be okay. :-)

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 22, 2013 00:34

On May 28, I think The Ogden ([theogdenchicago.com]) seems to be the consensus. The folks as Rocksoff and Shidoobee have declared that to be the spot. Menu looks good, and anywhere I can have a 32oz Stone IPA is alright in my book! (the more bitter and hoppy, the better!)

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:18

IGTBA
wineaux
For those asking for suggestions on things to do on the 'off' nights.... Rolling Stones Project on May 29th. Have seen them here a few times... great venue!

[www.martyrslive.com]

I don't post here much (except in the Hyde Park "confusion" i.e. they lied to us thread). I bought two tickets to see the RS Project - will be traveling from near south part of Magnificent Mile, north of the river. Not sure of best way to get to/from there - will not have a car.

Have been to Martyr's and the general area countless times, but since we live about 25 miles west of Chicago in the 'burbs, we always drive. You can take the CTA, which should only cost you about $3.00 or so each way. Or take a cab, which would be more, but it would be a straight shot and maybe you'll meet some gracious fans who would give you a ride back! We've provided rides in the past, but unfortunately are most likely not going to make it for the show this time aroundsad smiley! Definitely check the show out though... it's well worth it and will be packed full of Stones fans!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 22, 2013 18:33

flacnvinyl
On May 28, I think The Ogden ([theogdenchicago.com]) seems to be the consensus. The folks as Rocksoff and Shidoobee have declared that to be the spot. Menu looks good, and anywhere I can have a 32oz Stone IPA is alright in my book! (the more bitter and hoppy, the better!)

Is that a short safe walk to the United Center (or a shuttle)? Do they have parking?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:10

kovach
flacnvinyl

Is that a short safe walk to the United Center (or a shuttle)? Do they have parking?

Yes a safe walk to the UC. There is some side street parking around the UC, but get there early for those.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:22

Win Free Tickets To The Rolling Stones Chicago

The Rolling Stones are back! The “50 and Counting” Tour comes to Chicago on Monday, June 3 at United Center! Tickets are still available for the 3 night engagement through Ticketmaster. Enter below for your chance to win a pair of tickets to the show! Courtesy of AEG Live.

[wxrt.cbslocal.com]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 23, 2013 05:23

I keep checking every day three to six times for prices to come down because I think if I pay $400 to $600 it may cost me my marriage. Been able to score tickets for $150 or less on the last day for other tours, but I don't think this is like other tours.Planing on coming down from Milwaukee to hang out and see what I can find from fans, not street vendors as I don't trust them to have legit tickets.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:30

I have one extra 85 ticket for the June 3rd show. Email me if interested.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: May 23, 2013 10:50

voodoopug
The Hard Rock Cafe (Chicago) is hosting the Official Stones Pre-Party on Monday, May 27, 2013. This party will feature a performance by Chicago's greatest Rolling Stones cover band, Tumbling Dice (www.facebook.com/tumblingdiceband). This is an all ages show. To purchase tickets in advance...go to [www.ticketweb.com]

I think I`ll go there.... anyone else?

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:55

AJDulfer, I'm interested. What is your emailaddress

I'm coming from the Netherlands to Chicago fo 2 shows: 31 and 3 june.

greeting Barney
(Frans van Barneveld)

Posted by: bigvin1 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 23:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 23:54 by bigvin1.

Date: May 23, 2013 23:53

Steinschlag
voodoopug
The Hard Rock Cafe (Chicago) is hosting the Official Stones Pre-Party on Monday, May 27, 2013. This party will feature a performance by Chicago's greatest Rolling Stones cover band, Tumbling Dice (www.facebook.com/tumblingdiceband). This is an all ages show. To purchase tickets in advance...go to [www.ticketweb.com]

I think I`ll go there.... anyone else?

NO WAY...why would I go see fake BS when I can see the real thing 1 night later?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 24, 2013 00:08

Don't get in 'till tuesday or we would have been there sad smiley

sc uk

Date: May 24, 2013 00:25

AJDuffer
I have one extra 85 ticket for the June 3rd show. Email me if interested.

Hell yeah I'd be interested. How to I contact you?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:40

Rolling Stones tickets remain

Getty Images

Mark Caro
5:09 p.m. CDT, May 23, 2013

Prime tickets remain available for all three of the Rolling Stones’ upcoming Chicago shows, though given the lofty ticket prices, it would be a stretch to conclude that the band is in any financial peril.

A spot check Thursday afternoon on Ticketmaster’s website found close-to-the-stage tickets for the United Center concerts on Tuesday, May 31 and June 3 at $622.95 apiece, including fees. Tickets at the $250 and $450 price points also remained available for all three shows, with $150 tickets sold out.

But will all of those prices hold? In the day before the tour’s opening-night May 3 concert at Los Angeles’ Staples Center, promoter AEG announced that it was releasing more than 1,000 tickets for $85 apiece, prompting speculation that the legendary band had lost its sell-out mojo or at least might be pricing itself too aggressively on what may be its final tour.

But Pollstar, the concert industry’s trade publication, reported Thursday that over the tour’s first seven shows, the average ticket price was $355.14, in comparison to the about $135/ticket average of the Stones’ 2005 and 2006 tours. The 2005 tour produced all-time-high concert grosses of $162 million, according to Pollstar.

Pollstar president/editor-in-chief Gary Bongiovanni said although prices on some L.A. show tickets were reduced to as little as $60, every concert on the current tour has sold out so far.

“They made the adjustments that were required, and the average ticket price is still more than double what it was in 2005-2006,” Bongiovanni said. “As a business strategy it’s hard to fault. In terms of the amount of money they’re going to amass at the end of the tour, they’re going to do just fine.”

The band made some $85 tickets available for each show when they went on sale — with their locations not revealed till the night of the concert — and characterized the release of additional such tickets a gesture to fans, not a sign of flagging sales. Fans can register for notification of further $85 tickets on the band’s website: [www.rollingstones.com]

A Stones spokesperson characterized ticket sales as “really strong."

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Posted by: BGC ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:52

benstones
I have a question about the sound at the United Center: how is the acoustic?

I read that Anaheim and LA is not really good... What about the UC of Chicago?

I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone?

Date: May 24, 2013 15:13

I think it depends on where you are sitting but overall it has that sound that all arenas have, a bit muddy with a touch of echo. Still better than not hearing them at all.

Date: May 27, 2013 07:37

Alright people.. driving in Tuesday.. Ogden until show time! Anyone else have 85s? Know where at UC they are dealing with us commoners?

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 19:10

anyone know when the 85s go on sale tomorrow? I will be on the road from cleveland and will have to hope wifi is strong enough wherever I am

Date: May 27, 2013 20:47

12 noon

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:55

Anyone know when will call opens tomorrow ? We would like to pick tickets up before pre show if possible .

Sc uk

Date: May 27, 2013 21:04

bigvin1
12 noon

Can anyone here confirm this?

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 27, 2013 21:36

$85's go on sale @ noon or will call opens @ noon? Still hoping for a chance @ $85's or picking something up outside the venue. IMO... they're both a gamblewinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home