Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Chicago May+June 2013 show planning
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 10, 2013 06:31

Wow - sounds like we're getting a good group of fans together - looking forward to meeting y'all. I'll keep you posted on hotels, etc. if I hear anything...And let's find a great bar to meet up at. Cheers!!smoking smiley

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: April 10, 2013 14:41

imjoshwatson
I'm in for 5/31 and 6/3. Looking for 2 upper deck tickets for the 5/28 show if anyone has any extras for sale
I have two upper decks (312) and am hoping to upgrade; so they will be available if the upgrade is successful

Date: April 10, 2013 14:50

Hotels seem pretty booked for 5/31; we ended up around Midway which is 12 miles away and will drive or taxi to show
hotels

Date: April 10, 2013 16:18

Christopher
Can someone from Chicago or who is familiar with Chicago please post information such as hotels and transportation. Also, a place to have a drink or twenty before we go in.
Perhaps BV will paste some info from the prior years concerts on here for us.

As far as libations go, I found Chicago United Center restaurant, wine bar, sports bar, and nightlife - Park Tavern Chicago

link

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 10, 2013 18:51

Can't wait! Just told my wife and she is now investigating what to do on Wednesday and Thursday in Chicago. Fun times ahead!

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: April 10, 2013 23:46

there is a very nice little music scene up near the Old Town School of folk music. Besides the school itself there is Martyrs Katerina's the Horsshoe and a few other places...LA Boca is among the best italian places in town....
the blues clubs like Kingston mines n Blues are okay but touristy as is Legends. Andys JAzz Showcase and Green Mill for jazz

Date: April 11, 2013 01:06

roryg
The OHare Hilton is popping up for 5/31 at an ok price. Good airport location because the el is downstairs. Park in the economy lot and the shuttle takes you to the hotel.Not sure of availibilty for 6/3.

[secure3.hilton.com]

I am only seeing $300/night...

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:20

Just checked hilton and still flashing $99 for 5/31 (roomkey.com)

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:23

Just saw the $300 for 6/3. Ouch

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 11, 2013 04:42

Wow I get free room(I live here) but raped on ticket price. Stupid me wasn't thinking when tix went on sale. If I would've checked here while trying to get tix I would've seen how to get the $85 tix! Only going on the 3rd at this point.

Date: April 11, 2013 21:49

Hotel is booked! We'll be there 28th-31st! Now to figure out what to do on those off days...

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: April 12, 2013 00:23

Turner
Christopher
Can someone from Chicago or who is familiar with Chicago please post information such as hotels and transportation. Also, a place to have a drink or twenty before we go in.
Perhaps BV will paste some info from the prior years concerts on here for us.

As far as libations go, I found Chicago United Center restaurant, wine bar, sports bar, and nightlife - Park Tavern Chicago

link

There are not a lot of places "near" the United Center. Closest is Billy Goat. The Park Tavern (never been there) is slightly farther than BG.
The United Center is not really walking distance from downtown. The area around the arena used to be a very rough part of Chicago, but ever since the 1996 Democratic Convention, the neighborhood is improving.
There is no "El" stop very close to United Center...probably the Green Line at Lake Street is the closest. Still a good 15-20 min walk.
The #20 bus from downtown will take you right down Madison Street to the UC and you will pass a lot of bars and restaurants.

There is a place called Nellcote at Randolph and Halsted. Kinda foofy, but interesting that someone decided to open a place after Keith's chateau.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 01:53

Best italian food in town and very close to the united center La Scarola

Date: April 12, 2013 03:13

What about good breweries in Chicago? Preferably within walking distance from the L..

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 03:57

flacnvinyl
What about good breweries in Chicago? Preferably within walking distance from the L..

Revolution Brewery is right off the Damen Blue line stop. also Half Acre is a good one, but not really near an el. [revbrew.com]

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:07

Finally, I will do the 3 shows of Chicago in the Tongue PIT.
I am in Heaven!

Benjamin.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:26

mcgeez8
flacnvinyl

Revolution Brewery is right off the Damen Blue line stop. also Half Acre is a good one, but not really near an el. [revbrew.com]

Haymarket brewery is Randolph and Halsted. Excellent beer bar and easy ride to the UC at Fullerton and Western is Quenchers. Nearby the UC sort of is the Twisted Spoke at Grand and Ogden. More later.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: April 13, 2013 06:12

I also have pit tickets to all three shows.
I will see you there.
Certainly we have crossed paths before and will again!

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 18:15

For those who ordered tickets from Ticketmaster, my account says the Chicago tickets were printed and shipped on 4/19/13 so should be in hand in a few days.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 29, 2013 07:18

Ifanyone has a
friday spare?
Not gonna pay no 600, but I wanna go to more than monday

Posted by: bigvin1 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 16:26

filstan
mcgeez8
flacnvinyl

Haymarket brewery is Randolph and Halsted. Excellent beer bar and easy ride to the UC at Fullerton and Western is Quenchers. Nearby the UC sort of is the Twisted Spoke at Grand and Ogden. More later.

Haymarket Brewery is really good, but a bit expensive and it's about a mile and a half away from the United Center.. I'd also suggest the Beer Bistro (http://thebeerbistro.com/) which sometimes offers a shuttle to the United Center, but in reality it's only a mile away from the UC and it's on Madison Street so if you're city challenged you can't get lost. Another place is Hawkeyes Bar and Grill on Taylor Street. They have their own little parking lot and they will have at least 2 shuttle buses to the UC (and they give you plastic cups so you can take your last beer with you on the ride over).

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:52

I have a pair of 85$ tix for May 28, but I`m travelling on my own.... is anyone here interested in the second ticket? Face value, of course...

But keep in mind - you`d be sitting next to me during the show :-))))) Or if we are very lucky - standing next to me in the pit

Can`t wait to see the Stones again!!!

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:25

I will buy your extra $85 tix for face plus any tm charges. Email me at dhinkle555@aol.com and I can PayPal you the funds. I can gross it up so you net what you paid. Don

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:53

dhinkle555
I will buy your extra $85 tix for face plus any tm charges. Email me at dhinkle555@aol.com and I can PayPal you the funds. I can gross it up so you net what you paid. Don

You have email.... :-)))

Posted by: steady ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:04

Where do you guys stay in Chicago?
And where will be the IORR pre-show gathering?

Posted by: voodoopug ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:08

The Hard Rock Cafe (Chicago) is hosting the Official Stones Pre-Party on Monday, May 27, 2013. This party will feature a performance by Chicago's greatest Rolling Stones cover band, Tumbling Dice (www.facebook.com/tumblingdiceband). This is an all ages show. To purchase tickets in advance...go to [www.ticketweb.com]

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:57

Trying to get Chicago Tix. For Fri...Who's going to the show then?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: May 13, 2013 22:14

We will be there Tuesday and Friday. 85s for both nights!

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 04:40

I thought the $85 seats only went onsale the day of the show, how did everyone get them already?

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 15, 2013 05:52

For those asking for suggestions on things to do on the 'off' nights.... Rolling Stones Project on May 29th. Have seen them here a few times... great venue!

[www.martyrslive.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home