Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Keith Backing Vocals,at his best......
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: March 15, 2014 18:53

Casion boogie?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 15, 2014 19:16

Wild Horses - Stripped Version. Sublime vocals.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2014 19:54

How very true...The nadir of Stones backing vocals was probably at the Trabendo where they had Chuck and Darryl sing them, horrible and weird, especially on "Start Me Up". I suppose they wanted to let Keith and Ronnie focus on the guitars, but still...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: steini ()
Date: March 16, 2014 20:16

Talking about hitting notes,i love Keith´s backing vocal and say they are better in many cases in recent years than they were. I love 81-82 tour but keith is sometimes just yelling out the words without talking care of some notes.And relisten to for ex. L.A. 1975 Happy and try tell me how he would be treated now with that kind of "singing" Jagger could not take a brake because he was stand by for Keith and backing him up. How about Ronnie? He sang backing vocals with Keith on few songs in 81-82. He showed us with his latest record that he is singing better than ever now.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 17, 2014 02:20

Maindefender
Check out Dead Flowers from the last show(China). Still special. BTW that show is pretty hot!!!

yes...chills...it was a great latter day version of Dead Flowers...magic moment.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 17, 2014 04:07

Coke is a much bigger problem for the voice than opiates. And it showed . .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2014 05:08

I know the song will never be regarded as a classic, but I think this alternate 'duet' take is great fun....

Especially the way Keith sings 'slinky like a panther...'

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 05:08 by Gazza.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 17, 2014 07:55

Cousin C
Coke is a much bigger problem for the voice than opiates. And it showed . .

If only they had done Coke instead of coke the only side effect would have been bad teeth. And bad teeth can be replaced...

Re: All crazy complaints go here
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 17, 2014 13:58

Where do the rational, reasonable complaints go?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:21

So, l guess that in Bv's world anyone that doesn't kiss the Stones collective asses,and fawn all over them,is crazy?? jus askin...hot smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:27

I wish they had options where you can buy tickets for blocks of concerts, or something like a season pass for the tour.

It would be a crazy price, but easier than buying them individually.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:33

Gazza
I know the song will never be regarded as a classic, but I think this alternate 'duet' take is great fun....

Thanks, Gazza. I'd never heard that take before, Keith does sound very good. Kinda wish they'd released this one instead, the playfulness does make it much more fun.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:53

I have noticed that this site is in propaganda mode right now. Fanboys are on top. Every second post I make disappears or end up somewhere else. I guess that is just the way it is...

Date: March 17, 2014 15:01

MingSubu
I wish they had options where you can buy tickets for blocks of concerts, or something like a season pass for the tour.

It would be a crazy price, but easier than buying them individually.

A season pass to see The Rolling Stones...hmmm, I like that idea. Include a package deal with airfare, hotel accomadations, and car rental and then you're all set! Just have to find a bank to rob first...grinning smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:19

Stoneage
I have noticed that this site is in propaganda mode right now. Fanboys are on top. Every second post I make disappears or end up somewhere else. I guess that is just the way it is...

Lucky you're not a dissenting Scientologist, they come and stake out your house...............winking smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:49

ROPENI
So, l guess that in Bv's world anyone that doesn't kiss the Stones collective asses,and fawn all over them,is crazy?? jus askin...hot smiley

You are correct mate.
He is doing his best to ruin his own website.
Thanks bv.

Date: March 17, 2014 15:57

You can kick their arses as well, only not in the very same thread where euphoric fans share their recent concert experiences smiling smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 16:07

I actually thought a thread saying 'Keith backing vocals, at his best' suggested a compliment, but never mind...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:08

latebloomer
Gazza

Thanks, Gazza. I'd never heard that take before, Keith does sound very good. Kinda wish they'd released this one instead, the playfulness does make it much more fun.

Yeah pretty cool, I don't even remember it from the Brew/Stew/Residue series...is it buried in there somewhere or is that from another tape that Ronnie's son smuggled out ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 17, 2014 16:11

Its on either Voodoo Brew or Voodoo Stew. Cant remember which.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:36

If you have too many compliants and think you will do a better job yourself then I would suggest you make your own political party or even better your very own "this is a much better Rolling Stones web site" and the problem is solved.

To tell you the truth... If you wake up every morning and you tell your wife it would be much better if she was like 20 or even 40 years ago, and after you say so she is still a big smile, then no need to start a new web site because then you are a great couple and life is smiling to you and please put on FAR AWAY EYES and everything will be just great. Great. Great. Great.

I just read about the biggest Rolling Stones fan in Perth. He lives in Perth. He is the number one fan in Perth according to the paper. I was sitting on the flight from Singapore to Perth when I read the story in the Perth paper. I ask myself this: "What is wrong with me?" If I was the biggest fan in Oslo I would stay at home and I would NOT go to the show on May 26.

To cut a long story short. People complain all the time. All the time. Complaining does not add any value. It makes your life shorter. Beer was cheaper before. We know that. Bread was cheaper before. The Beatles tickets cost $1 and $2 back in 1965 or so in USA. It was cheap, or may be not. But wse can complain. That is the right we have. All the time.

Many people who complain they do not have a name. They are anonymous. I am a person with a name and an address. I stand up. I am proud to have opinions and to say what IU think and mean. I have absolutely NO respedct for people who are ANONYMOUS on internet, no name, no address, they just complain.

I spend hours every day on IORR. Why? I could make money on my own work. May be we should vote. Open up the forum for comlains froim everyone everywhere, NO moderation whatseoever, no editorials, just free flow of info, like other web sites you might find on the net, or editorial control, like most modern publications.

Personally, and this is the truth, there are more than one time I would have liked to toggle the button I have called "FORUM : OFF". Then we are all done. But not yet. You just have to live with me. If you think Mick is too skinny or Keth has got a belly or your wife looks 40 years too old, or Mick has got a wig, it will all go here. There is no value to those threads as far as it goes from my point of view.

By the way, when a thredad or a post goes here, it is NEVER because I did so, because I DON'T CARE. It is because somebody else REPORTED. That is the whole point. It was offensive, and I agree, so this makes two separate minds agree on the fact that a certain thread or post should be moderated.

Now it is VB time.

Bjornulf

Re: Complaints might end up here if reported as offensive
Date: March 17, 2014 17:15

Why is Keith's back up vocals in the "whining thread"? The vocals aren't bad at all winking smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 17:32

DandelionPowderman
Why is Keith's back up vocals in the "whining thread"? The vocals aren't bad at all winking smiley

No of course not, they're wonderful. Per BV's post, someone must have complained about something, so I'm guessing it's easier to move the whole thread rather than one post in particular.

Only thing I don't get is, what is VB time, BV? grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:37

Date: March 17, 2014 17:48

Oh, that's what it is....makes sense now. Thanks Munich, that would have bugged me all day. Guess I need to get out more grinning smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 17:57

latebloomer
Oh, that's what it is....makes sense now. Thanks Munich, that would have bugged me all day. Guess I need to get out more grinning smiley

No trouble...I just wanted you to know your beers in case Jeopardy ever has the category again...

Date: March 17, 2014 18:11

DandelionPowderman

May be there was too many side trips. Don't ask me. May be if you read it one more time, would you be proud of it and show it to Keith, as a fan? If you were alone with Keith I mean, wouild you take that thread as a proof of how much you love his performance?

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2014 18:13

latebloomer
DandelionPowderman

No of course not, they're wonderful. Per BV's post, someone must have complained about something, so I'm guessing it's easier to move the whole thread rather than one post in particular.

Only thing I don't get is, what is VB time, BV? grinning smiley

And if somebody think I want to spend TWO HOURS sorting out the nice posts from the ugly ones... Then I think you understand why it ended up here. I have more important work to do.

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2014 18:21

Munichhilton
latebloomer

No trouble...I just wanted you to know your beers in case Jeopardy ever has the category again...

Missed that category Munich, but speaking of Jeopardy, someone on that show likes the Stones. My nerdy family watches it all the time, and I've heard several questions related to the band. They've even had a whole category on The Rolling Stones.

Date: March 17, 2014 18:27

latebloomer
Munichhilton
latebloomer

Missed that category Munich, but speaking of Jeopardy, someone on that show likes the Stones. My nerdy family watches it all the time, and I've heard several questions related to the band. They've even had a whole category on The Rolling Stones.

I agree. I've seen them too many times for a coincidence...but somebody on there also likes potpourri so what does that tell you? ...and enough with Capitol Cities already...

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home