Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Framing in the complaints.
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 6, 2013 10:06

John Lennon! He had a great sense of perspective in my opinion. I would like to see The Stones challenged more, I believe they have the ability to create great music. But it seems a lot of people are quick to say they're too old and it's impossible. Maybe they're thinking of their own limitations? These guys don't have the life of an ordinary person, meaning they're not run down or out of shape like most others in their age group. That's my two cents.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 6, 2013 10:36

Thrylan
I love analogies, and a great one came to me, that I believe sums up my feelings about the current tour.

I am a few years away from 50, so for my 50th birthday I want to celebrate. I have many lifelong, loyal friends who I will invite. However, in order to receive more gifts, I will also invite as many casual friends as possible. As to not alienate these casual friends and aquaintences, I will not play the music, or do the things that my close friends and I have always done. If we decide to play guitar and such, I want to play songs that everyone knows and will avoid the old blues and deep cuts that the people in my circle love; we must play popular stuff so the hangers on won't feel left out. I will serve bland food that everyone likes and won't laugh at inside jokes. Etc.....
If I did this and my close friends yawned and left early, I WOULD NOT BLAME THEM. But who cares, they should just be happy I threw a party right? Besides, it's all about the presents anyway......thats my right. It may well be the last party I throw, but who cares, as long as the body count says I'm popular. Oh.....and NO COMPLAINING!

I would NEVER act that way, and if I did, I would be an @#$%&.

It's not an analogy it's a frustrated qoute from an ageing man, who didn't got the chance to see The Stones...

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 6, 2013 10:43

I would define "analogy" for you but....... I have seen then five times previously, and will see them if there is a fall leg. If my wife looks fat in an outfit, I tell her, but I guess that's wrong too....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 6, 2013 11:18

I don't think your close friends would leave early. If they are real friends they would stay at your party, even when the music and the food wouldn't be as they thought it would be. They still wouldn't hate it. They are your friends and therefore they would stay for you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 6, 2013 12:18

Rolling Hansie I always enjoy your positive attitude. Roll steadysmiling smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 6, 2013 12:37

his friends would still talk behind his back how much he has changed...for the worse!

Date: June 6, 2013 14:16

DDmy friends would leave early.......and deservedly so, but I wouldnt sell them out. Again, my friends dont want to listen to top forty and watch me prance around entertaining people. They would likely be embarrassed for me.......thats the truth.

They would offer to buy a keg of Guinness if I asked the others to leave....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-06 14:18 by Thrylan.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 6, 2013 14:38

Sounds like a legendary party. Best party ever. EVER!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2013 15:22

If I hear the terms "warhorses" and "deeper cuts" one more time, I'm going to kill myself.

I'm now writing from beyond the grave. Looking surprisingly good.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2013 17:52

Hang on...what kind of bland food? Is there dip?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 6, 2013 17:57

I have had some pictures/photos/etc which I liked enough to pay to have framed, but so far, I have never read or heard a complaint that is worth framing.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:03

You wouldn't invite complete strangers though would you?

Re: All crazy complaints go here
Date: June 6, 2013 18:44

No one is a stranger......just people you havent met yet

Date: June 6, 2013 18:45

So we're in?

Date: June 6, 2013 18:49

If you've never been to WV.......Oh boy. Remember, this is all about me and free Imports. All top forty music and Bob Evans style bland food. I gotta keep these casuals happy! I'm guessing most people on here would share my taste in music, food, etc.....

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:05

Why can't I have a bigger helicopter pad?

Date: June 6, 2013 23:10

GravityBoy
Why can't I have a bigger helicopter pad?

What did you do with the one we gave you?

Date: June 6, 2013 23:12

Still Crazy

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:17

I haven't come across a Roy Rogers fast food joint in about 15 years. Do they still exist? Great burgers!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:18

I think it's crazy I'm still in my hotel room typing posts on IORR when I should be making my way down to the show.

I've got a bit of a cold mind you, I might just go for a bit of a lie down before the show.

Date: June 6, 2013 23:19

Bungo
I haven't come across a Roy Rogers fast food joint in about 15 years. Do they still exist? Great burgers!
[lmgtfy.com]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:19

treacle?
fingers

I think it's crazy I'm still in my hotel room typing posts on IORR when I should be making my way down to the show.

I've got a bit of a cold mind you, I might just go for a bit of a lie down before the show.

Why not during?

I slept through half a Thin Lizzy concert once.

Date: June 6, 2013 23:22

treaclefingers

Benefits of the hotel wake up call... although they might snicker.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:23

Max'sKansasCity
Bungo
[lmgtfy.com]

Looks like the closest is in Ohio. How Far is that from Austin, Texas?

Date: June 6, 2013 23:28

Bungo
Max'sKansasCity
Bungo
[lmgtfy.com]

Just down the street....
and from the looks of the website, that roast beef sandwich might be worth the drive.

Date: June 6, 2013 23:31

Max'sKansasCity
Bungo
Max'sKansasCity
Bungo
[lmgtfy.com]

Just down the street....
and from the looks of the website, that roast beef sandwich might be worth the drive.

better answer.... [lmgtfy.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:53

Excuse me, but I have a crazy complaint I'd like to make. Seems I paid $30,000 for a Rolling Stones LP signed by all five original members, and now I find out that all the signatures on it are Bill's.

[www.wcsx.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-09 02:54 by tatters.

RW: "I left home" (UK/US Semantics Problem)
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 20, 2013 22:21

Does anyone else get their tit in a ringer when hearing RW say repeatedly in interviews how he "left home" (US interpretation: "I walked out on my wife"]?

He says it in a way like we're supposed to feel sympathy for his embarking on his own, into the cruel world, as a 60-something multi-millionaire adulterer.

In the US, "leaving home" is something young adults do when they leave their mom and dad's house, to make their own way in the world. This expression generally refers to ages 18-22 , when one "leaves home" for good upon graduating college, enrolling in the military, etc., not when they're 65. That guy would say "I got divorced" or maybe (but doubtful) "I left my wife." If he said "I left home", the listener would be confused about what 65 year old was referring to, thinking he was recounting a story from 40 years ago.

I realize this is purely a semantical thing, but being in the US hearing this guy talk like that brings to mind a confused geriatric who still thinks he's a little boy. I have a lot of other things to be concerned about; I'm just wondering if this bothers anyone else.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 22:27 by paulm.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 21, 2013 00:06

Heres a crazy complaint! I'm critical of a lot of things with this band, the band I love (not the way she turned out after 1989 though...) but I still wish I was at a concert just to hear Taylor with the Stones.

Re: RW: "I left home" (UK/US Semantics Problem)
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 21, 2013 01:01

paulm
Does anyone else get their tit in a ringer when hearing RW say repeatedly in interviews how he "left home" (US interpretation: "I walked out on my wife"]?

He says it in a way like we're supposed to feel sympathy for his embarking on his own, into the cruel world, as a 60-something multi-millionaire adulterer.

In the US, "leaving home" is something young adults do when they leave their mom and dad's house, to make their own way in the world. This expression generally refers to ages 18-22 , when one "leaves home" for good upon graduating college, enrolling in the military, etc., not when they're 65. That guy would say "I got divorced" or maybe (but doubtful) "I left my wife." If he said "I left home", the listener would be confused about what 65 year old was referring to, thinking he was recounting a story from 40 years ago.

I realize this is purely a semantical thing, but being in the US hearing this guy talk like that brings to mind a confused geriatric who still thinks he's a little boy. I have a lot of other things to be concerned about; I'm just wondering if this bothers anyone else.

OK paulm, it didn't bother me at all before cause I didn't know about it. But now it does, first because Ronnie didn't leave home, as you put it, and second cause I have a 22 year old who hasn't left home yet and now I'm wondering when she will. So, now I'm bothered. Are you happy?

I'm also pissed off now cause I should have known better than to even look at this thread. Are all the complainers happy now?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home