Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Wake the FUGG Up Mick...
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 30, 2013 04:54

His ego is getting in the way. Wont share a microphone with Keith, so why a stage with MT.?

As for Taj Mahal, not a good guest. They could have played CYHMK, SFM,TLT, Sway. Dump the guests.The only one that really matters is Taylor.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 30, 2013 04:59

They just debuted a song last night and folks even bitch about that.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:08

Midnight Toker
His ego is getting in the way. Wont share a microphone with Keith, so why a stage with MT.?

As for Taj Mahal, not a good guest. They could have played CYHMK, SFM,TLT, Sway. Dump the guests.The only one that really matters is Taylor.
Mick didn't play on Street Fighting Man in Toronto, what makes you think any other show would be any different?

Posted by: ssf466 ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:10

TLT ?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:11

71Tele
fahthree
Interesting question - when was the last time Mick really cared?

Do you think he really cares?

About a fan who's never there?

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:14

Glam Descendant

No use in leaving any crumbs...which song by the way...? Six Days? Likely a Taj choice...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:22

71Tele
fahthree

He even sang a song with nearly those exact words on the Some Girls Bonus disc.......

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:29

71Tele
fahthree

Not even on the A train.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 30, 2013 05:36

Mick hasn't cared since he met Bianca........Marianne used to hang out with Mick and the band, then he met Bianca, and suddenly while everyone is in S France recording, Mick is in Paris. Maybe it was Keiths chemical usage, but it doesnt seem like they ever hung togrther after that.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 30, 2013 09:09

Thrylan
Mick hasn't cared since he met Bianca........Marianne used to hang out with Mick and the band, then he met Bianca, and suddenly while everyone is in S France recording, Mick is in Paris. Maybe it was Keiths chemical usage, but it doesnt seem like they ever hung togrther after that.

What does any of that have to do with choosing what songs go on a setlist?

Date: May 30, 2013 10:41

Glam Descendant
Thrylan

What does any of that have to do with choosing what songs go on a setlist?

Reinforcing the aforementioned point that he doesn't care. He has been more interested in being jetset globe hopper for a long time; Being an artist is only a means to an end. He doesnt care about the setlist, as long as he makes money, and gets knighted.....etc.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 30, 2013 10:52

bigbitch
throw some caution to the wind and a little more caprice in the setlists and the use of Mick Taylor - this is not calculus out there - its music and entertainment and its pretty fuggin clear that Mick Taylor adds quite a bit when he is utilized.

Good idea to start a new thread about this because no one talks about it in other threads...

Here are my two cents: Yes, he can vary the setlist a bit more but we've had great tunes already and I love it that they are playing Emotional Resque! I like the special guests although some are better than others but I'm just one fan. I would love to hear two or three songs with Mick Taylor (not counting Satisfaction) but he is a guest not a member so to have him play on MR every night is way more then I ever expect would happen so I'm pleased!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 30, 2013 10:52

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: jazwec ()
Date: May 30, 2013 12:15

This board is getting really irritating since the Stones started playing again. Isn't that a bit of a paradox? They were the best rock n roll band in the world when they were sitting on their asses, not doing anything for years, and now when they start touring again, almost everybody is complaining. I saw them last year in first O2 show, been checking every show of this tour since, and I can't say a bad word. Sure, some of the guests were a bad choice, some solos were a bit off, backup singers are a bit unnecessary sometimes, but who cares. They are doing great. Mick T is a great addition, but sorry to say it, he's not a Stone anymore [technically speaking]. He's great for Rambler every night, adding Satisfaction to his setlist was a good idea as well and the night with him as a special guest was absolutely fantastic and I'm sure they will do it once again. But frankly, I don't see a reason why he should be on stage for the whole show. And there is absolutely no need for topics like this one. Whether Jagger is reading this board or not. Mick and the band will do everything as they please, no matter your whining, and they will do it good! As always...

Date: May 30, 2013 12:20

jazwec
This board is getting really irritating since the Stones started playing again. Isn't that a bit of a paradox? They were the best rock n roll band in the world when they were sitting on their asses, not doing anything for years, and now when they start touring again, almost everybody is complaining. I saw them last year in first O2 show, been checking every show of this tour since, and I can't say a bad word. Sure, some of the guests were a bad choice, some solos were a bit off, backup singers are a bit unnecessary sometimes, but who cares. They are doing great. Mick T is a great addition, but sorry to say it, he's not a Stone anymore [technically speaking]. He's great for Rambler every night, adding Satisfaction to his setlist was a good idea as well and the night with him as a special guest was absolutely fantastic and I'm sure they will do it once again. But frankly, I don't see a reason why he should be on stage for the whole show. And there is absolutely no need for topics like this one. Whether Jagger is reading this board or not. Mick and the band will do everything as they please, no matter your whining, and they will do it good! As always...

Almost everyone isn't complaining, it just feels that way. Complaining does take up space, and when repeated it gets stronger. However, most fans are happy with this tour thumbs up

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 30, 2013 12:22

Can this topic be merged with the Sticky "we want more mick taylor" topic?

Date: May 30, 2013 12:24

A thread with this title should be deleted, imo.

Talk about lack of respect, when the OP knows so well that there are a zillion similar threads, as well as a sticky for this topic thumbs down

Re: All crazy complaints go here
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 30, 2013 13:33

Someone ruined the crazy complaints thread.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 30, 2013 15:11

Best thread ever... I just hope none of my threads wind up here winking smiley

and now a crazy song

Date: May 30, 2013 15:52

No Willie Crazy? That's crazy.

Date: May 30, 2013 15:58

Glam Descendant

I wouldn't blame Mick if he stopped coming to this site altogether. Much friendlier on twitter.

Date: May 30, 2013 16:10

DandelionPowderman
jazwec

Almost everyone isn't complaining, it just feels that way. Complaining does take up space, and when repeated it gets stronger. However, most fans are happy with this tour thumbs up

I think most of the complainers are really just ticked off that the tour happened at all. Since they were wrong about it happening in the first place they have to do damage control to protect their fragile egos by attacking the shows.

Re: All crazy compliants go here
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 30, 2013 17:12

drbryant
Munichhilton
Eleanor Rigby
GADAWG
BV,

I would like to see if you can track some of these idiots IP address. You can tell the real Stones fans by the anticipation in their posts often times years before the next show begins. Then once we are lucky enough to get a tour, these children come out of the woodwork and critique like they are at the Caans film festival.

Hunt them down like dogs I say. Bind them and force them to listen to Kanye West songs. Or some other slave work tunes.
hot smiley

Or something far worse, force them to listen to a compilation of every Keith intro to Gimme Shelter & his solos in Sympathy from the 2013 tour.
In fact why stop there, just as they start to beg for mercy go further & play them his Paint It Black, Jumping Jack Flash intros, pick any show as they all are pretty much identical.
Then really ramp it up by making them listen to some of his mate Ron's guitar skills in lets say All Down The Line, Tumbling Dice & You Can't Always Get What You Want.
All guaranteed to make those pesky whiners, moaners & non blinkered folks wince.
Then rub it in by making them watch footage of fun-loving Ron, pointing, waving, making faces, which these days is far more consistent that his guitar playing.
The ancient art of weaving hasn't got too far to go before it's completely unraveled.

And may I suggest instead of asking our Great Stones Guru to track down IP addresses, that you dear GADAWG track down an atlas & find the correct spelling of the film festival that you mention in your post.

And by the same token if you can tell real Stones fans by the anticipation in their posts then I willing to bet that many people can spot when a cretin has written a post.
Cretin that French you know, and if you don't know what it means grab a dictionary while you're fetching that atlas.

BTW there have been some great slaves work tunes but by your reasoning you seem to think they should be used as some sort of punishment for folks who don't agree with your point of view.
One wonders where you are at.........man.......... when you have put the words "hunt them down like dogs" "bind & force them" before using the term "slave work tunes" because you come across far more worrying than the moaners, whiners that you have bitched about.

Well it is the 'Crazy' thread...I suppose he's just trying to fit the stated criteria...

As does your first paragraph...

Well, it is a post by a guy named "Eleanor Rigby".

and your point is?

Date: May 30, 2013 17:14

JumpinJackOLantern
DandelionPowderman
jazwec

I think most of the complainers are really just ticked off that the tour happened at all. Since they were wrong about it happening in the first place they have to do damage control to protect their fragile egos by attacking the shows.

grinning smiley

Re: All crazy compliants go here
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 30, 2013 18:50

Eleanor Rigby
drbryant
Munichhilton
Eleanor Rigby
GADAWG
BV,

I would like to see if you can track some of these idiots IP address. You can tell the real Stones fans by the anticipation in their posts often times years before the next show begins. Then once we are lucky enough to get a tour, these children come out of the woodwork and critique like they are at the Caans film festival.

Hunt them down like dogs I say. Bind them and force them to listen to Kanye West songs. Or some other slave work tunes.
hot smiley

Or something far worse, force them to listen to a compilation of every Keith intro to Gimme Shelter & his solos in Sympathy from the 2013 tour.
In fact why stop there, just as they start to beg for mercy go further & play them his Paint It Black, Jumping Jack Flash intros, pick any show as they all are pretty much identical.
Then really ramp it up by making them listen to some of his mate Ron's guitar skills in lets say All Down The Line, Tumbling Dice & You Can't Always Get What You Want.
All guaranteed to make those pesky whiners, moaners & non blinkered folks wince.
Then rub it in by making them watch footage of fun-loving Ron, pointing, waving, making faces, which these days is far more consistent that his guitar playing.
The ancient art of weaving hasn't got too far to go before it's completely unraveled.

And may I suggest instead of asking our Great Stones Guru to track down IP addresses, that you dear GADAWG track down an atlas & find the correct spelling of the film festival that you mention in your post.

And by the same token if you can tell real Stones fans by the anticipation in their posts then I willing to bet that many people can spot when a cretin has written a post.
Cretin that French you know, and if you don't know what it means grab a dictionary while you're fetching that atlas.

BTW there have been some great slaves work tunes but by your reasoning you seem to think they should be used as some sort of punishment for folks who don't agree with your point of view.
One wonders where you are at.........man.......... when you have put the words "hunt them down like dogs" "bind & force them" before using the term "slave work tunes" because you come across far more worrying than the moaners, whiners that you have bitched about.

Well it is the 'Crazy' thread...I suppose he's just trying to fit the stated criteria...

As does your first paragraph...

Well, it is a post by a guy named "Eleanor Rigby".

and your point is?

Eleanor Rigby is well known to be crazy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 6, 2013 06:10

This thread is still crazy after all these years.

Framing in the complaints.
Date: June 6, 2013 08:30

I love analogies, and a great one came to me, that I believe sums up my feelings about the current tour.

I am a few years away from 50, so for my 50th birthday I want to celebrate. I have many lifelong, loyal friends who I will invite. However, in order to receive more gifts, I will also invite as many casual friends as possible. As to not alienate these casual friends and aquaintences, I will not play the music, or do the things that my close friends and I have always done. If we decide to play guitar and such, I want to play songs that everyone knows and will avoid the old blues and deep cuts that the people in my circle love; we must play popular stuff so the hangers on won't feel left out. I will serve bland food that everyone likes and won't laugh at inside jokes. Etc.....
If I did this and my close friends yawned and left early, I WOULD NOT BLAME THEM. But who cares, they should just be happy I threw a party right? Besides, it's all about the presents anyway......thats my right. It may well be the last party I throw, but who cares, as long as the body count says I'm popular. Oh.....and NO COMPLAINING!

I would NEVER act that way, and if I did, I would be an @#$%&.

Re: Framing in the complaints.
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 6, 2013 09:16

Uh-oh, you're going to upset some people. For what it's worth I like your analogy.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 6, 2013 09:22

HAHA...good one.

yep, your close friends would think you are a d!ckhead for selling out...

Date: June 6, 2013 09:47

Yeah, I am going to get killed, but I think it's pretty close. I watched a HS basketball team that should have contended for a state title finish 7-16, largely because no one would tell the truth. No one had the balls to tell the coach he sucked, so he was never motivated to try harder. The Stones need to try harder......its like a tough love thing.......but most will just say I'm a complainer........like Lennon asked, "How do You(they) Sleep?"

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home