Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: All crazy compliants go here
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:11

Max'sKansasCity
I dont want to debate this with you, nothing is going to change from it. If you dont like my posts/opinions then please ignore them. No good will come from this back and forth. Let just put it on ignore.

Fine with me. I also expect you to ignore my posts (and all the stuff you think it is "over-analyzing", etc. which, by the way, is not a mark of "Unhappiness", etc.). There is a lot of room for both of us, or people like us (unless BV starts to use his omnipotent power, which, I think, in the case of people like me, might not be a happy turn...)

- Doxa

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:15

Doxa
And to continue the metaphor, if your lover cheats you constantly, is it right that you let her/him to hear about it? You are still together, right? The lover seemingly enjoys your company and you hers/his - you are not to be separated easily - so there is a room for some criticism.

But honestly, sometimes I feel like the lover happens to be a prostitute, and the love is not mutual. He or she will be there as long as you have the money...

- Doxa

The problem starts when you pay but you get nothing in return. That's when you know you are being royally ripped off.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:17

Is it a crazy complaint to complain that this movie is full of crazy people?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:38

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Or an even better idea.... how about not take it all so seriously? How about play the field? How about like a lot of bands and never over analyze any of them? Never pull out the micorscope and over analyze evey single thing that is said and done. Then maybe one will not start being crazy and inventing issues and problems which are simply in one's imagination.

This is to say: don't be a hardcore fan. Forget the passion and things like that involved. Let us all be "casual" fans! (there was a great post making the same point in that new comer's thread, reading the moral of BV's advices).

Actually I am into that: being a hardcore fan is not healthy (I wish someone has said me that convincingly back at the day), but the plus side is that it has bring me lots of passionate feelings and moments, so, in the end, I won't complain! But the fact is also that I have so much useless Stones trivia in my mind, I could trade off any day. Writing that crap here, with other Stones nerds, is therapetic for me I guess...

One does not have to be hardcore ( and seemingly constantly unhappy and complaining ) to feel the passion and things like that which are involved with the music. When I read a lot of the posts of so called hardcore (and supoosedly)Stones fans (although they admit hating everything The Stones have created since 1981 or 1971 or 1968) I dont see in them very many who appear to be happy about the thing they are hardcore about. That is self inflicted misery.

Date: May 29, 2013 13:41

grinning smiley

Date: May 29, 2013 13:49

GravityBoy
Can't we all just look at pictures of Scully and get along?
I dont know, can we?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:01

Maybe.

Date: May 29, 2013 14:08

It may be crazy,
but I dedicate this song to Dana Scully and Gillian Anderson

Date: May 29, 2013 14:32

Green Lady
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Or an even better idea.... how about not take it all so seriously? How about play the field? How about like a lot of bands and never over analyze any of them? Never pull out the micorscope and over analyze evey single thing that is said and done. Then maybe one will not start being crazy and inventing issues and problems which are simply in one's imagination.

This is to say: don't be a hardcore fan. Forget the passion and things like that involved. Let us all be "casual" fans! (there was a great post making the same point in that new comer's thread, reading the moral of BV's advices).

Actually I am into that: being a hardcore fan is not healthy (I wish someone has said me that convincingly back at the day), but the plus side is that it has bring me lots of passionate feelings and moments, so, in the end, I won't complain! But the fact is also that I have so much useless Stones trivia in my mind, I could trade off any day. Writing that crap here, with other Stones nerds, is therapetic for me I guess...

One does not have to be hardcore ( and seemingly constantly unhappy and complaining ) to feel the passion and things like that which are involved with the music. When I read a lot of the posts of so called hardcore (and supoosedly)Stones fans (although they admit hating everything The Stones have created since 1981 or 1971 or 1968) I dont see in them very many who appear to be happy about the thing they are hardcore about. That is self inflicted misery.

Ain't nothing like some Fanny on a sunny afternoon!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:40

Silver Dagger
Doxa
And to continue the metaphor, if your lover cheats you constantly, is it right that you let her/him to hear about it? You are still together, right? The lover seemingly enjoys your company and you hers/his - you are not to be separated easily - so there is a room for some criticism.

But honestly, sometimes I feel like the lover happens to be a prostitute, and the love is not mutual. He or she will be there as long as you have the money...

- Doxa

The problem starts when you pay but you get nothing in return. That's when you know you are being royally ripped off.

. on 2nd thoughts.............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 15:08 by EddieByword.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:58

Well, well, well.

I am a Rolling Stones fan since years. I am a fan because I am interested in the band, the Tours, his music, while a lot of people believe that they do not play anymore or they are very very old men smiling smiley I am not deaf. I can compare Keith playing during the passing years. Still love him.

Therefore, I reserve the right to criticize the band. I believe that it will never be as great live today than during a certain period (yes, the famous gold era).
Don't prevent me to sleep as a log...

I have a huge preference for Taylor. Definitely. But I don't hold something about Wood.

I am a Rolling Stones fan since years. I am a fan because I am interested in the group, the tours, his music, while a lot of people believe that they do not play anymore or they are very very old men smiling smiley. Billions of people on our beautiful planet.

Date: May 29, 2013 15:06

<I have a huge preference for Taylor.>

No shit winking smiley

<I am interested in the band, the Tours, his music>

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:26

Hmmm. I would like to make apologies; First, i am sorry I was born in America where the Stones do alot of shows. Secondly, I am sorry I cannot afford to hop around the country/globe to attend shows. Lastly, I am sorry that I live in the known reality.
In lieu of a fall leg, I come here to find out how the tour is going. If EVERYONE trashes the show, and they come my way, I will still go. If everyone says it's the greatest thing ever, I will attend one show. Why are most incapable of being realistic? I am reasonably sure of two things; It will not be the greatest show ever, nor will it be the worst. If I fork out 200-400$, I will have an expectation.
I beleive that those who are bitter need to work on a time machine, as to relive the 69'&72' tours over and over. Conversely, I believe those who fork out 2000$ a pop for shows,tix and hotels, multiple times every tour feel as though they must pump sunshine up everyones behind, so they dont look idiots.
I enjoy every show. Some more than others, but I am honest about what I see and hear. It's not a crime to disagree. When we all think alike, nobody thinks. I truly enjoy reviews from fans who tell it like it is. Thank you, rant over.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:50

Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity

You seem to worry a way to much about the happiness of the other fellow fans. I think you are the one taking this all too seriously, and not see the funniness in all this. To me you are not able to deal with differing opinions, or if one is not digging the band the way you do. Relax, man! It is just music, and people sharing their personal feelings about it. It all comes from a passion and deep affection to this band.

- Doxa

Lots of projecting in your post. The things you try to project about me, seem more about you. You blather on (endlessly) about how proud you are to so hardcore and how serious you are, but then say I take it too serious? Are you serious?

And the reaction you seem to always have/give to anyone with a differing opinion indicates that you are the one who does not like to deal with anyone who disagrees with you point of view.

Hah, projecting indeed...>grinning smiley<

Never thought there is anything to "proud" to be a hardcore fan - more like a destiny or even burden sometimes... And pretending to be "serious"? Well, I have a natural habit of putting my thoughts in words, but as far as my stuff here go, that's not anything serious. It's all fun for me, which I do in my spare time, while I want to take a little break from real job (which is also mostly writing as well, but actually way too 'serious'). Like I've said many times: I write here as long as it is fun to me. If you see me writing, that means I am having a good time and enjoying myself. And if you see me having gone, that means I lost that feeling.

Of that "reaction I also have to anyone with a different opinion", well, that's your interpretation and you are entitled to it. I don't try to refute that but I hope my "work" here does the talking for me. I love differing opinions - without them the discussion would be pointless and boring - and sometimes some debates are quite heated ones, but usually the heater - more substance - it gets, the more I like, if and only the people try to be civil to each other. I usually ignore the name-calling, bullying and other idiocy sometimes goin on here. I also know that sometimes the way I use words might hurt someone by being provocative or something, but that is not intentional. It all is done in a good intent to carry on the conversation, that of sharing thoughts. And there are people n this board I have discussed for ages here, and they "know" me, and I "know" them, so I might take more freedoms with them.

My only wish and a kind of principle here - as well as life in general - is that the people are entitled to think whatever they like and free to express that in words, unless they are not hurting the other people. Let the opinions "fight", not the persons! More tolerance and good manners! In the end, this a discussion site for fans of one rock and roll band, but most of us are rather mature people, the avarage being somewhere between forty and fifty I guess. Taking that, is it really so hard for us to talk adult-like, despite the fact that we once felt love with this band with our teenage passion?

Okay, lastly, you give your interpretation of my "reaction", I'll give you mine of yours. What I now expect you to do is to claim that "I didn't start anything - I just reacted". Well, that's the point you have made in several threads where you get yourself into a fight. Maybe you see that that way, but to me eyes in most cases you are there to cause that rift and unneeded tension (which in many cases goes ugly), but you don't seem to take any responsibilies of your own action. But that's just my interpretation.

If I had the wit and writing skills of StonesTod (RIP) I would have made this post by a one-liner, but since I'm Doxa, and a victim of my old habits, I did this way...

- Doxa

Totally agree with you and always enjoy your posts, Doxa. Ahoi

Date: May 29, 2013 17:02

winking smiley Thanks to read me grinning smiley Stones music of course !

DandelionPowderman
<I have a huge preference for Taylor.>

No shit winking smiley

<I am interested in the band, the Tours, his music>

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:19

BV,

I would like to see if you can track some of these idiots IP address. You can tell the real Stones fans by the anticipation in their posts often times years before the next show begins. Then once we are lucky enough to get a tour, these children come out of the woodwork and critique like they are at the Caans film festival.

Hunt them down like dogs I say. Bind them and force them to listen to Kanye West songs. Or some other slave work tunes.
hot smiley

Date: May 29, 2013 17:34

RawIguanaCologne
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity

You seem to worry a way to much about the happiness of the other fellow fans. I think you are the one taking this all too seriously, and not see the funniness in all this. To me you are not able to deal with differing opinions, or if one is not digging the band the way you do. Relax, man! It is just music, and people sharing their personal feelings about it. It all comes from a passion and deep affection to this band.

- Doxa

Lots of projecting in your post. The things you try to project about me, seem more about you. You blather on (endlessly) about how proud you are to so hardcore and how serious you are, but then say I take it too serious? Are you serious?

And the reaction you seem to always have/give to anyone with a differing opinion indicates that you are the one who does not like to deal with anyone who disagrees with you point of view.

Hah, projecting indeed...>grinning smiley<

Never thought there is anything to "proud" to be a hardcore fan - more like a destiny or even burden sometimes... And pretending to be "serious"? Well, I have a natural habit of putting my thoughts in words, but as far as my stuff here go, that's not anything serious. It's all fun for me, which I do in my spare time, while I want to take a little break from real job (which is also mostly writing as well, but actually way too 'serious'). Like I've said many times: I write here as long as it is fun to me. If you see me writing, that means I am having a good time and enjoying myself. And if you see me having gone, that means I lost that feeling.

Of that "reaction I also have to anyone with a different opinion", well, that's your interpretation and you are entitled to it. I don't try to refute that but I hope my "work" here does the talking for me. I love differing opinions - without them the discussion would be pointless and boring - and sometimes some debates are quite heated ones, but usually the heater - more substance - it gets, the more I like, if and only the people try to be civil to each other. I usually ignore the name-calling, bullying and other idiocy sometimes goin on here. I also know that sometimes the way I use words might hurt someone by being provocative or something, but that is not intentional. It all is done in a good intent to carry on the conversation, that of sharing thoughts. And there are people n this board I have discussed for ages here, and they "know" me, and I "know" them, so I might take more freedoms with them.

My only wish and a kind of principle here - as well as life in general - is that the people are entitled to think whatever they like and free to express that in words, unless they are not hurting the other people. Let the opinions "fight", not the persons! More tolerance and good manners! In the end, this a discussion site for fans of one rock and roll band, but most of us are rather mature people, the avarage being somewhere between forty and fifty I guess. Taking that, is it really so hard for us to talk adult-like, despite the fact that we once felt love with this band with our teenage passion?

Okay, lastly, you give your interpretation of my "reaction", I'll give you mine of yours. What I now expect you to do is to claim that "I didn't start anything - I just reacted". Well, that's the point you have made in several threads where you get yourself into a fight. Maybe you see that that way, but to me eyes in most cases you are there to cause that rift and unneeded tension (which in many cases goes ugly), but you don't seem to take any responsibilies of your own action. But that's just my interpretation.

If I had the wit and writing skills of StonesTod (RIP) I would have made this post by a one-liner, but since I'm Doxa, and a victim of my old habits, I did this way...

- Doxa

Totally agree with you and always enjoy your posts, Doxa. Ahoi

You totally agree with him coming right at me, and then playing innocent?

You totally agree with with him saying let people post their opinions and not get personal just before he gets personal, again? Or you agree with him denying that he started this trouble again when he quoted me, coming right at for posting my opinion? The posts are there. Go read them. I didnt quote at him, he quoted me. He took upon himself to start this up. He knows this and tries to avoid it, but the posts are there.

I take all personal responbility for what I post. I post my opinion and the whiners and over anlyayzers post theirs, that could be fine until they start getting SUPER INSECURE and start whining that someone is trying to take away their abilty complain and bitch about the band they supposedly love (but all they do is insult it all the time?)(making them hard core). They constantly fight the imaginary battle that someone is trying to take away their ability to whine. No one is taking that away. No one is taking away their ability to sya the same crap over and over.... to say "The Stones havent created any good material in 30 years" "They suck live" "They suck without Mick Taylor" which supposedly that makes them feel like a hard core fan.

As has been established here, no one is going to stop the whiners from their constant whining... mainly because they are here for the long term... and anytime a new member shows up and posts something positive or is happy to be here, they get instantly pummeled by these complainers, the naysayers, the "hard core".

The whiners, the "hard core" make it appear like this is a no fun zone for Rolling Stones fans, and you see that posted by new members all the time, in their short time here.

You see new people posting about how surprised they are at all the negative things said on a fan site, and then they log out and never come back, and who can blame them? But that leaves us with a board full of the "hard core" fans who do nothing but re-say the same thing over and over and over, the same whining crap in looooooooog boooooooring posts.

And you agree with that? You think that is good ?

Mick Taylor please don't sit like Ravi Shankar on stage
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:16

You are too good for that gimmick.

And please, have more volume in the mix during Satisfaction.

Tonight it looked you were nailing it, but it was just on the screen, we could not hear you.

Re: Mick Taylor please don't sit like Ravi Shankar on stage
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:19

2 1 2 0

Date: May 29, 2013 09:49

grinning smiley But sitting on his knees is still ok, right?

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:29

Maybe he has a Guru....cool smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:41

Mick Taylor gets mad if you tell him what to do or what not to do on stage....

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 29, 2013 12:02

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 12:06

tatters

Is that a Gibson or a Fender?

Date: May 29, 2013 12:08

Its all good.... up to the point that he starts going all hari hari

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:19

stonehearted
Mick Taylor gets mad if you tell him what to do or what not to do on stage....

Yes please, let him noodle.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:59

The Joker
You are too good for that gimmick.

And please, have more volume in the mix during Satisfaction.

Tonight it looked you were nailing it, but it was just on the screen, we could not hear you.

I don't think it's Taylor's fault that he wasn't audible.
He can sit as much as he wants, but let us hear him loud and clear (and on more songs too).

Date: May 29, 2013 15:10

Not difficult to correct the sound level ... This last since several shows and oddly, nothing changes ... Blind chance ? confused smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 29, 2013 15:18

tatters

As poses with sitars go that's one of the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 15:18 by Silver Dagger.

Re: All crazy complaints go here
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:22

1. Staples 1 - for an opening show of a tour, no complaints
2. Anaheim 2 - the Honda Center's crappy sound...like an echo chamber...and that's with good seats too!.
3. Staples 2 - What can I say? If you want to complain about this one, let me sell you a shovel.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home