Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: All crazy compliants go here
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:37

And another thing, there are way too many UFOs flying around here and it now looks like they have merged with ghosts (and other livingly challenged entities)(mainly Zombies) seemingly with the singular objective to scare the living nightlights out of people. When is someone going to do something about this? This problem will only get worse if it is ignored! Will someone please start a petition, or face book page, or something, because bug spray only seems to make makes it worse.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:40

Max'sKansasCity
And another thing, there are way too many UFOs flying around here and it now looks like they have merged with ghosts (and other livingly challenged entities)(mainly Zombies) seemingly with the singular objective to scare the living nightlights out of people. When is someone going to do something about this? This problem will only get worse if it is ignored! Will someone please start a petition, or face book page, or something, because bug spray only seems to make makes it worse.

Oh man....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:42

....Advertisments on YouTube .... man they kill the moment....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:43

GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity

Oh man....

Now, now, let's not go losing our heads....

Date: May 29, 2013 10:44

Rockman
....Advertisments on YouTube .... man they kill the moment....

Firefox.. Ghostery...

Date: May 29, 2013 10:45

I dont want to follow the yellow brick road!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:57

sonomastone
It's like having a lover who lies and cheats on you constantly and yet you keep taking back and giving another chance.

Because if you are still so loved with him/her? The Stones fans have a big heart, so to say...

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2013 10:57

Save the complaints for the times when the Stones are NOT touring! winking smiley

Date: May 29, 2013 11:00

DandelionPowderman
Save the complaints for the times when the Stones are NOT touring! winking smiley
Thats just crazy !

grinning smiley

Date: May 29, 2013 11:01

DandelionPowderman

No Woman, No Cry...winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2013 11:07

So I guess the dilemma of 'critical' Stones fan's is, to put in Sanomastome's terms, which is a better option: to have a lover who cheats you constantly, but you are still in so love with her/him (and you hope, perhaps without a reasonable ground, her or him to change his habits), or to have not a lover at all, and live in a constant celibate... you tell me!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 11:11 by Doxa.

Date: May 29, 2013 11:18

And to continue the metaphor, if your lover cheats you constantly, is it right that you let her/him to hear about it? You are still together, right? The lover seemingly enjoys your company and you hers/his - you are not to be separated easily - so there is a room for some criticism.

But honestly, sometimes I feel like the lover happens to be a prostitute, and the love is not mutual. He or she will be there as long as you have the money...

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2013 11:19

Balanced criticism is a fine art, but it shouldn't be too difficult: Tell both what you like, and what you don't like - and why!

Try it, it makes everybody feel better grinning smiley

Date: May 29, 2013 11:21

Or an even crazier idea.... how about not take it all so seriously? How about play the field? How about like a lot of bands and never over analyze any of them? Never pull out the micorscope and over analyze evey single thing that is said and done. Then maybe one will not start being crazy and inventing issues and problems which are simply in one's imagination.

The fastest way to end a realtionship is to start over analayzing it and asking too question worrying about too much and starting asking too many questions... "What are you thinking?" "what was that look?? "what do you mean by that remark?" "where were you?" "what are you going to do next?" "what are you thinking?" "Why cant you do/be/play everything I want you to do" "Why won't you be perfect for me?

How about just have fun with something that is supposed to be fun?? How about dont worry about it too much.... but then again that is crazy... we are talking about humans here, and it seems a lot of humans simply MUST ALWAYS have a problem of some kind, and if there isnt one, they will invent one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 11:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 29, 2013 11:21

Doxa
And to continue the metaphor, if your lover cheats you constantly, is it right that you let her/him to hear about it? You are still together, right? The lover seemingly enjoys your company and you hers/his - you are not to be separated easily - so there is a room for some criticism.

But honestly, sometimes I feel like the lover happens to be a prostitute, and the love is not mutual. He or she will be there as long as you have the money...

- Doxa

You could write a song about that.

Call it Streets of Love or something.

Date: May 29, 2013 11:33

Max'sKansasCity
Or an even better idea.... how about not take it all so seriously? How about play the field? How about like a lot of bands and never over analyze any of them? Never pull out the micorscope and over analyze evey single thing that is said and done. Then maybe one will not start being crazy and inventing issues and problems which are simply in one's imagination.

This is to say: don't be a hardcore fan. Forget the passion and things like that involved. Let us all be "casual" fans! (there was a great post making the same point in that new comer's thread, reading the moral of BV's advices).

Actually I am into that: being a hardcore fan is not healthy (I wish someone has said me that convincingly back at the day), but the plus side is that it has bring me lots of passionate feelings and moments, so, in the end, I won't complain! But the fact is also that I have so much useless Stones trivia in my mind, I could trade off any day. Writing that crap here, with other Stones nerds, is therapetic for me I guess...

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2013 11:43

Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Or an even better idea.... how about not take it all so seriously? How about play the field? How about like a lot of bands and never over analyze any of them? Never pull out the micorscope and over analyze evey single thing that is said and done. Then maybe one will not start being crazy and inventing issues and problems which are simply in one's imagination.

This is to say: don't be a hardcore fan. Forget the passion and things like that involved. Let us all be "casual" fans! (there was a great post making the same point in that new comer's thread, reading the moral of BV's advices).

Actually I am into that: being a hardcore fan is not healthy (I wish someone has said me that convincingly back at the day), but the plus side is that it has bring me lots of passionate feelings and moments, so, in the end, I won't complain! But the fact is also that I have so much useless Stones trivia in my mind, I could trade off any day. Writing that crap here, with other Stones nerds, is therapetic for me I guess...

One does not have to be hardcore ( and seemingly constantly unhappy and complaining ) to feel the passion and things like that which are involved with the music. When I read a lot of the posts of so called hardcore (and supoosedly)Stones fans (although they admit hating everything The Stones have created since 1981 or 1971 or 1968) I dont see in them very many who appear to be happy about the thing they are hardcore about. That is self inflicted misery.

Date: May 29, 2013 11:57

I'm unhappy about Happy.

Date: May 29, 2013 11:59

GravityBoy
I'm unhappy about Happy.
That is crazy talk, you cant fool us, you are one of the happiest posters here.

Date: May 29, 2013 12:03

Date: May 29, 2013 12:12

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity

One does not have to be hardcore ( and seemingly constantly unhappy and complaining ) to feel the passion and things like that which are involved with the music. When I read a lot of the posts of so called hardcore (and supoosedly)Stones fans (although they admit hating everything The Stones have created since 1981 or 1971 or 1968) I dont see in them very many who appear to be happy about the thing they are hardcore about. That is self inflicted misery.

You seem to worry a way to much about the happiness of the other fellow fans. I think you are the one taking this all too seriously, and not see the funniness in all this. To me you are not able to deal with differing opinions, or if one is not digging the band the way you do. Relax, man! It is just music, and people sharing their personal feelings about it. It all comes from a passion and deep affection to this band.

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2013 12:21

Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity

You seem to worry a way to much about the happiness of the other fellow fans. I think you are the one taking this all too seriously, and not see the funniness in all this. To me you are not able to deal with differing opinions, or if one is not digging the band the way you do. Relax, man! It is just music, and people sharing their personal feelings about it. It all comes from a passion and deep affection to this band.

- Doxa

Lots of projecting in your post. The things you try to project about me, seem more about you. You blather on (endlessly) about how proud you are to so hardcore and how serious you are, but then say I take it too serious? Are you serious?

And the reaction you seem to always have/give to anyone with a differing opinion indicates that you are the one who does not like to deal with anyone who disagrees with you point of view.

Date: May 29, 2013 12:24

I dont want to debate this with you, nothing is going to change from it. If you dont like my posts/opinions then please ignore them. No good will come from this back and forth. Let just put it on ignore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 12:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2013 12:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 13:21 by EddieByword.

Date: May 29, 2013 12:56

Can't we all just look at pictures of Scully and get along?

Date: May 29, 2013 13:00

Yes, yes we can. smileys with beer

Date: May 29, 2013 13:01

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity

- Doxa

Lots of projecting in your post. The things you try to project about me, seem more about you. You blather on (endlessly) about how proud you are to so hardcore and how serious you are, but then say I take it too serious? Are you serious?

And the reaction you seem to always have/give to anyone with a differing opinion indicates that you are the one who does not like to deal with anyone who disagrees with you point of view.

Hah, projecting indeed...>grinning smiley<

Never thought there is anything to "proud" to be a hardcore fan - more like a destiny or even burden sometimes... And pretending to be "serious"? Well, I have a natural habit of putting my thoughts in words, but as far as my stuff here go, that's not anything serious. It's all fun for me, which I do in my spare time, while I want to take a little break from real job (which is also mostly writing as well, but actually way too 'serious'). Like I've said many times: I write here as long as it is fun to me. If you see me writing, that means I am having a good time and enjoying myself. And if you see me having gone, that means I lost that feeling.

Of that "reaction I also have to anyone with a different opinion", well, that's your interpretation and you are entitled to it. I don't try to refute that but I hope my "work" here does the talking for me. I love differing opinions - without them the discussion would be pointless and boring - and sometimes some debates are quite heated ones, but usually the heater - more substance - it gets, the more I like, if and only the people try to be civil to each other. I usually ignore the name-calling, bullying and other idiocy sometimes goin on here. I also know that sometimes the way I use words might hurt someone by being provocative or something, but that is not intentional. It all is done in a good intent to carry on the conversation, that of sharing thoughts. And there are people n this board I have discussed for ages here, and they "know" me, and I "know" them, so I might take more freedoms with them.

My only wish and a kind of principle here - as well as life in general - is that the people are entitled to think whatever they like and free to express that in words, unless they are not hurting the other people. Let the opinions "fight", not the persons! More tolerance and good manners! In the end, this a discussion site for fans of one rock and roll band, but most of us are rather mature people, the avarage being somewhere between forty and fifty I guess. Taking that, is it really so hard for us to talk adult-like, despite the fact that we once felt love with this band with our teenage passion?

Okay, lastly, you give your interpretation of my "reaction", I'll give you mine of yours. What I now expect you to do is to claim that "I didn't start anything - I just reacted". Well, that's the point you have made in several threads where you get yourself into a fight. Maybe you see that that way, but to me eyes in most cases you are there to cause that rift and unneeded tension (which in many cases goes ugly), but you don't seem to take any responsibilies of your own action. But that's just my interpretation.

If I had the wit and writing skills of StonesTod (RIP) I would have made this post by a one-liner, but since I'm Doxa, and a victim of my old habits, I did this way...

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2013 13:01

tl dr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 13:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:05

His Majesty
Compliant?

You have 20 seconds to comply Phil....now tell us why you prefer Brian to Mick T or Ronnie??? >grinning smiley<

Date: May 29, 2013 13:08

Silver Dagger
His Majesty
Compliant?

You have 20 seconds to comply Phil....now tell us why you prefer Brian to Mick T or Ronnie??? >grinning smiley<

thumbs up smileys with beer Awesome clip, maybe a tad violent, but it does get the point across...

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home