Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: Chicago-1 May 28 Stones show live updates
Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:32

I think the RO performance was crap. Jaggers voice is old and he cant do justice to such a great song. Frankly, it baffles me that so many people think they sound so good, especially people who, like me, have seen them many times going back to the early 70s. Will no one admit that KR and RW simply dont play as well as they used to? That Jagger looks silly and sounds even worse? What amazes me even more is the fact that some people follow them around and pay major bucks to see and hear almost identical shows! Im at the point in my life where i wont pay to see them at all. Its just not worth it anymore. I just dont get it.... Some people need to have their heads examined.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:36

flashhh
I think the RO performance was crap. Jaggers voice is old and he cant do justice to such a great song. Frankly, it baffles me that so many people think they sound so good, especially people who, like me, have seen them many times going back to the early 70s. Will no one admit that KR and RW simply dont play as well as they used to? That Jagger looks silly and sounds even worse? What amazes me even more is the fact that some people follow them around and pay major bucks to see and hear almost identical shows! Im at the point in my life where i wont pay to see them at all. Its just not worth it anymore. I just dont get it.... Some people need to have their heads examined.

Rubbish.

It was an amazing Rocks Off.

Congratulations, Mick and Co.

Keep On Rolling!

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:59

Best version ever.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:04

The "art" of "trolling" and provoking calls for some elementary play- acting abilities. On this board many aspiring "trolls" just don't have it...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:09

flacnvinyl
gotdablouse
Must admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw the setlist this morning...certainly not the same excitement as after LA/2, it's easy to get spoilt I guess ;-)

flacnvinyl
I recorded the gig on my camera. The video footage will not be used but the audio should be stellar. Sound was AMAZING in section 309. $85 seats paid off. 6 Days and Rambler were tops.

Wild Horses, Gimme Shelter and Tumbling Dice need to dropped. Show needs to open with Start Me Up. Add more rare tracks. Let Taylor play on more songs. Etc.....

It was a great show.

Good news, if you need help with the editing, encoding, feel free to post it as one file on wetransfer or mega and I can get it ready for Dime in a few hours like for MILOCAMPO's LV recording on Monday ;-)

I appreciate the offer but I produce video and mix multitrack audio for a living! Will definitely be taking this into the studio and getting things set nice on EQ and dynamics. Will be partially incomplete but overall stellar sound.

I recorded it on my GH2 so it would be a 8gb transfer. Will post next week!

Any chance you're going Friday too and will be recording? I still listen to your recording of Columbus a few years back with the debut of Sway! Great job on that one...

Date: May 29, 2013 15:13

How'd the Arrow on Ogden work out for a pre-show get-together?? Same place Friday? Elbow to elbow or room to move??

Date: May 29, 2013 15:16

flashhh

You liked the hoarse growling that he did in 1972 better?

I think he sings it better now than he did in 1995 and in 2003.

Date: May 29, 2013 15:24

JumpinJackOLantern
rtr
LSTNT
JumpinJackOLantern
LSTNT
Very disappointing if they are down to 21 songs. I was hoping that as the tour progressed the boys would be firing on all cylinders. But with the comments of the last show and now down two songs this does not bode well for Hyde Park. They might be lucky to get a 15 or 16 song set list. I'm sure everyone will say what a great show it was but the boys are pulling back. Maybe there guarantee was cut and this is the payback. Already saw them dump the drummers after the ticket debacle on opening night. Now if they do a four song encore, all is forgiven.

The boys are firing on all cylinders! Have been this entire tour. What they are doing is nothing short of remarkable. We need to keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

Mick and Charlie are firing on all cylinders. Ronnie is average at best. It's nice to see Keith on stage and he is more engaged that in the past, but he is below average at best. I love the band and have seen and will see more shows on the tour but there is no excuse for the reduction of songs. If you recall the set list for London 1 had 25 songs on it but was reduced by two for curfew reasons.

just fyi - McCartney is currently playing 38 songs in his show. I'd still rather see the Stones. They could easily add some more variety to their set list by just playing some more songs!

Stop comparing McCartney's show with the Stones! Does he move like Jagger? Do you want to run Mick into the ground? What he is doing is nothing short of remarkable! I am surprised they are even doing 22 songs! How many were they doing six years ago for ABB? They are six years older today!

It's probably a fine line, but you're essentially comparing pop to rock.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:25

DandelionPowderman
flashhh

You liked the hoarse growling that he did in 1972 better?

I think he sings it better now than he did in 1995 and in 2003.

Are you saying that MJs vocal 0n RO sounds remotely good? it was off-key and, to my ears, sounded like he was singing a different song. To each his own, brother....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:30

rollingon
DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

Whoa! Keith is really on fire on this RO-version!

Yes he is, I hope he will be like this on every song through the rest of the tour!

Yeah, this was a great version. I still didn't like Mick's vocal on that dream/bridge/feel so mesmerized sequence, but overall a great performance.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:36

Thrylan
Anxious to hear Six Days........

If they keep it, could we get Ronnie on Seven Days?

8 Days a Week maybe, with MACCA doing a guest spot?

Date: May 29, 2013 15:38

On Rocks Off and on so many others songs, not a Jagger problem. Weakness is somewhere else...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:59

kovach
How'd the Arrow on Ogden work out for a pre-show get-together?? Same place Friday? Elbow to elbow or room to move??

Yeah, same questions.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: IYCRM ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:04

I saw them in San Jose early in the tour. Last night they were much looser, exploring the stage more, and taking more chances. A fun show!

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:05

Personally I think people who come hear and just complain need to get their head examined. I took three people to the show in Toronto who had never seen the Stones. The youngest was 13 and the oldest 34 and they all loved it. The next day said it all sore throats, tired legs, ears rininging, and huge smiles on their faces.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:14

[www.jsonline.com]

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:37

Stones Blah
Personally I think people who come hear and just complain need to get their head examined. I took three people to the show in Toronto who had never seen the Stones. The youngest was 13 and the oldest 34 and they all loved it. The next day said it all sore throats, tired legs, ears rininging, and huge smiles on their faces.
Personally, I don't get why some people are so insecure, . . . one critical comment and we have these posts. Because your kids liked something that means others can't like it and say so? Makes him a troll? Insincere? Just saying those things to get your reactions? (actually you weren't that harsh, just said he should have his head examined, but others say these things every time anything critical is posted).

Personally, I really enjoyed that clip, thought it was the best Rocks Off I had heard in awhile. But I have no problem with people who feel otherwise. It doesn't make me think twice about my opinion, deosn't make me think that the differing opinion is not real.

What on earth does how your kids and friends liked their first ever Stones show have to do with anyione else's reaction to it?

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:01

duffydawg
Just back....this show was a bore. They stole the money from me. MT on only MR. Its a complete joke.

Everything is so canned and tightly coreographed.....

Everyone I was with were stunned that MT had only one song prior to encore.

NO 3 GUITAR ATTACK. DOES NOT EQUATE TO $600 OF VALUE MUCH LESS $100.

Good, so I can be certain you won't be at any future shows breathing my air. You moron. Have a better time at the Beyonce` gig or maybe you can get your Justin B. pic signed.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:06

flacnvinyl
I recorded the gig on my camera. The video footage will not be used but the audio should be stellar. Sound was AMAZING in section 309. $85 seats paid off. 6 Days and Rambler were tops.

Wild Horses, Gimme Shelter and Tumbling Dice need to dropped. Show needs to open with Start Me Up. Add more rare tracks. Let Taylor play on more songs. Etc.....

It was a great show.

Another adolescent heard from. When are they going to start checking ID’s at the door. No one under 50 allowed. At least no one under 30!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:10

flashhh
it was off-key and, to my ears, sounded like he was singing a different song

Well, we can't all have the same ears, now can we ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:13

Stones Blah

Totally agree! You see smiling faces everywhere, I mean everywhere. I meet hundreds of fans, talk to them in elevators, on buses, tubes, trains, bars, and they all say the same "Great show!" - with a BIG smile...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 17:15 by bv.

Date: May 29, 2013 17:13

GADAWG, pathetic, vain and aggressive message ...thumbs down

Why duffydawg would not say what he lived during this concert? I tought we must respect the opinion of those who attend the show ? Is not the rule explained to the poor ignorants on this board day after day ?

Or, is there an offical review model ??? Best show ever, best version ever ? Say "awesome" and go back home ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:19

flashhh

At this point in your life why do you even bother to make posts like that

Posted by: bigvin1 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:29

coffeepotman
flashhh

I did pay big bucks for all 3 Chicago shows and I was 100% disappointed in last night. Mick's voice was just not good at all last night. I completely agree that the Rocks Off performance was crap, but really, Mick didn't sound semi decent until Emotional Rescue. The first 6 or 7 songs were just unbelievably bad. Also, I agree that Ronnie and Keith just don't sound right anymore. I know it's been talked about, but when Mick Taylor showed up for his 2 songs, the band just sounded fuller and better. I'm still going the next 2 nights, but I really hope the show gets better from here, because last night just wasn't good.

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:34

Rambler

Date: May 29, 2013 17:34

bigvin1

I did pay big bucks for all 3 Chicago shows and I was 100% disappointed in last night. Mick's voice was just not good at all last night. I completely agree that the Rocks Off performance was crap, but really, Mick didn't sound semi decent until Emotional Rescue. The first 6 or 7 songs were just unbelievably bad. Also, I agree that Ronnie and Keith just don't sound right anymore. I know it's been talked about, but when Mick Taylor showed up for his 2 songs, the band just sounded fuller and better. I'm still going the next 2 nights, but I really hope the show gets better from here, because last night just wasn't good.

Oh no, that's not possible ! Liar, impostor, you were not at the show ! smoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outodrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 17:35 by roby.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:37

coffeepotman
flashhh

I understood his post, but not yours. Is that the standard riposte you pull out in response to something with which you disagree? He wrote what he thought, you don't get that unanimity of opinion is not achieved, not expectd, not desired in the artistic world? Different strokes, all that? It is very basic.

What I don't get is someone wrote they should drop Gimme Shelter? Really? On the list of songs they should drop that is near the bottom. If they played a two-song set, it should be Shelter and JJF.

I get being a Stones fan but yet thinking a particular show, or even a whole tour, is subpar. I know that is an incredibly foreign concept to many here. I cannot accept dissing Gimme Shelter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 17:38 by Rokyfan.

Re: Chicago-1 May 28
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:37

Tonight's #Chicago set list #Stones50 @kingbmahal @MickTaylorInfo

[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 17:53 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:38

Rokyfan
Stones Blah
Personally, I don't get why some people are so insecure, . . . one critical comment and we have these posts. Because your kids liked something that means others can't like it and say so? Makes him a troll? Insincere? Just saying those things to get your reactions? (actually you weren't that harsh, just said he should have his head examined, but others say these things every time anything critical is posted).

Personally, I really enjoyed that clip, thought it was the best Rocks Off I had heard in awhile. But I have no problem with people who feel otherwise. It doesn't make me think twice about my opinion, deosn't make me think that the differing opinion is not real.

What on earth does how your kids and friends liked their first ever Stones show have to do with anyione else's reaction to it?

First off he was the one who said people like me should have their head exained. OK!!??? Second he said he has not gone to a show and isn't going to. Third who said I took my kids to the show? Fourth I was just stating that there are new people going to these shows and are very much enjoying them, not sitting around at home on their computers bitching about something they didn,t attend.
I think my post is more informative about these concerts than just bitching.

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:43

sympathy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home