Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: Chicago-1 May 28 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 29, 2013 08:57

Aquamarine
duffydawg
Just back....this show was a bore. They stole the money from me. MT on only MR. Its a complete joke.

Everything is so canned and tightly coreographed.....

Everyone I was with were stunned that MT had only one song prior to encore.

NO 3 GUITAR ATTACK. DOES NOT EQUATE TO $600 OF VALUE MUCH LESS $100.

Just goes to show--I paid more than that and thought it was worth (almost) every penny (would have loved more MT). Rambler was terrific.

Indeed. I have paid more than that, and I've travelled from Brazil to UK just to see the Stones, and it was awesome.

For me, it was worth every penny (or dollar, or whatever currency you apply).

I would have loved more MT or BW, but it was THE STONES on the stage.

Everyone of us knows exactly what to expect from them, and for me it was definitely not a boring concert.

If I had a chance to see the Stones perform every week in my country (as they're currently doing in US now), then maybe I would have that thought, but it's not the case.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:00

...unless you mean it's an amazing, full of energy version. Is that the meaning of the word "awful" in your statement? If not, i have to disagree strongly with you.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:01

paulywaul
Green Lady
I don't know why the Boss does it for three hours except to impress everybody with his stamina. I'm talking as a Springsteen tourist: the performance never lets up from full blast for a single second, and by the time he gets round to any hits you're too exhausted to enjoy them. But I guess I'm not his target audience.

Perhaps so, cos' he sure as hell doesn't impress with the material, it all sounds the bloody same to me. Saw him once (well ... endured him once I should say), and never again thanks. I guess that makes me not his target audience either ....... winking smiley

I enjoy some of Springsteen - I liked some of the new tracks from Wrecking Ball - but yes, it is rather one-paced (and that pace is flat out). One reason I love the Stones: Respectable next to Lady Jane next to Miss You next to Rocks Off - all different, all great.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:17

duffydawg
Just back....this show was a bore. They stole the money from me. MT on only MR. Its a complete joke.

I can see where this story is going. Not enough Mick Taylor for me to go see the Stones. Mick has no special status from having played on some of the best work the Stones did. He is a guest on the same level as Taj Mahal and Lady Gaga. There to spice things up a bit and attract a few more concert goers and their money. I am out. Everyone else have a good time but I am out. I notice the set list included their two latest tunes. I have zero interest in hearing them. Below zero in fact. I am not going to buy a product I am not interested in. I like Taj Mahal but am not interested in seeing the Stones play a tune they never did before with him. Last night they catered to Taj Mahal more than they have been doing for Mick Taylor

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:24

... and more pictures + setlist and reports here ...

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:25

To each his/her own.

Jagger could barely locate the melody line. The song is a ghost of itself.

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:28

duffydawg

You just saw the Stones, still sounding great in freakin' 2013 and you're disappointed? I can't believe I'm able to see them again, for around the 30th time, and once again I'm traveling to catch them, same as every tour since '89. Be glad they feature M.T. on a song after all these years. If you want to see the Mick Taylor Band, catch him in a club with a handful of devotees. This is the same Stones' line up it has been for almost 40 years now, and it has always been my favorite since catching them in '78 and '81. I can't wait!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:44

bv

... and more pictures + setlist and reports here ...

[www.iorr.org]

GORGEOUS picture hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 29, 2013 09:45

Green Lady

Whoa! Keith is really on fire on this RO-version!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:47

Must admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw the setlist this morning...certainly not the same excitement as after LA/2, it's easy to get spoilt I guess ;-)

flacnvinyl
I recorded the gig on my camera. The video footage will not be used but the audio should be stellar. Sound was AMAZING in section 309. $85 seats paid off. 6 Days and Rambler were tops.

Wild Horses, Gimme Shelter and Tumbling Dice need to dropped. Show needs to open with Start Me Up. Add more rare tracks. Let Taylor play on more songs. Etc.....

It was a great show.

Good news, if you need help with the editing, encoding, feel free to post it as one file on wetransfer or mega and I can get it ready for Dime in a few hours like for MILOCAMPO's LV recording on Monday ;-)

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:02

gotdablouse
Must admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw the setlist this morning...certainly not the same excitement as after LA/2, it's easy to get spoilt I guess ;-)

flacnvinyl
I recorded the gig on my camera. The video footage will not be used but the audio should be stellar. Sound was AMAZING in section 309. $85 seats paid off. 6 Days and Rambler were tops.

Wild Horses, Gimme Shelter and Tumbling Dice need to dropped. Show needs to open with Start Me Up. Add more rare tracks. Let Taylor play on more songs. Etc.....

It was a great show.

Good news, if you need help with the editing, encoding, feel free to post it as one file on wetransfer or mega and I can get it ready for Dime in a few hours like for MILOCAMPO's LV recording on Monday ;-)

I appreciate the offer but I produce video and mix multitrack audio for a living! Will definitely be taking this into the studio and getting things set nice on EQ and dynamics. Will be partially incomplete but overall stellar sound.

I recorded it on my GH2 so it would be a 8gb transfer. Will post next week!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:03

gotdablouse
benstones
I will be in the PIT with a multicolore shirt and a jacket US TOUR 72. Hope to meet a lot of IORR fans!

This shirt ? ;-)

I just saw your post tight now, yes it is me smiling smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:08

I am tired So I will be quick.

This my 3rd show this tour (with the 2 Newark's shows) and this one is the best for the main reason that Keith was on FIRE tonight.

Highlights: Gimme Shelter (best version I have ever heard), You Got The Silver, MR, and the encore's set.

Rocks off was messy but still really good.

Taj Mahal is not the best guest I saw.

I LOVED TONIGHT and if you think it was boring, You can be sure that you are not a fan anymore winking smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:34

BV your photos on the review page are awesome.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:28

few more videos now:

Intro and GOOMC

Gimme Shelter

Wild Horses

Another Rocks Off

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:37

Just having my morning coffee. Thank you all for the videos, pictures and reviews.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 29, 2013 11:41

This seems like it was a great show thumbs up

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:44

doubledoor
Just watched the Dave Dudley you tube of Six days on the Road, looking forward to the Stones take.

Was also a later Flying Burrito Brothers tune (1972) Can be found on you tube with good sound with Chris Hillman vocals[url=

][/url].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 11:46 by triceratops.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:47

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

Yes he is, I hope he will be like this on every song through the rest of the tour!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:49

They nailed Gimme Shelter! What a song!! Awesome!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2013 12:01

benstones
This my 3rd show this tour (with the 2 Newark's shows) and this one is the best for the main reason that Keith was on FIRE tonight.

This is a good news, and from the base of the clips so far, I think you are right! Since Jagger and Watts are constantly as good as we suppose them to be, it is the Keith factor that affects mostly to greatness of the performance.

Even "Gimme Shelter" was a compact package, and making honor to this transcendental song. And like DandelionPowderman I think Keith did some bad-ass stuff in "Rocks Off". Man, I can only imagine what it was like being there...

- Doxa

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 29, 2013 12:21

Green Lady

Love this version of Rocks Off!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:24

RO sounds more than okay to me... GUITAR-driven & more focused and cohesive than the 1st time they tried it this year.
If an aud tape of the show pops up I'll grab it! thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2013 13:31

dcba
RO sounds more than okay to me... GUITAR-driven & more focused and cohesive than the 1st time they tried it this year.
If an aud tape of the show pops up I'll grab it! thumbs up

Drake taped the show. Expect a great quality boot of this one thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:35

flacnvinyl
gotdablouse

flacnvinyl

It was a great show.

I appreciate the offer but I produce video and mix multitrack audio for a living! Will definitely be taking this into the studio and getting things set nice on EQ and dynamics. Will be partially incomplete but overall stellar sound.

I recorded it on my GH2 so it would be a 8gb transfer. Will post next week!

Sure, I wouldn't have been touching the audio, just splicing and dicing and torrenting, that takes a little bit of practice and I have it now ;-) Looking forward to hearing it!

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:37

Great to read all the goodies from #1. Can't wait for #2 and #3 which I will attend. Fingers crossed for some good draws in the random 85 lottery.

Hope to see some of you there!

P

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:40

This night`s highlight:

"Your mouth don`t move, but I can hear you speak...
What`s the matter with you boy, you don`t come around no more?"

- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, IMO.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:41

Sounds like another great show where everyone who was there loved it and had a great time... and most of the people who werent, well, do what they usually do.

I bet at next Mondays show they blow the roof off the arena.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 29, 2013 13:49

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

~*YEAH!*~
That was hot!
Thanks for posting it, Green Lady, and thanks & praises Rolling Stones!

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 29, 2013 14:17

Wow! That was a GREAT version of Rocks Off!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home