Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: Chicago-1 May 28 Stones show live updates
Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:31

I sure hope they are not dropping down to 21 songs - this setlist is okay. Nothing new except Taj's song.

Date: May 29, 2013 06:35

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
Airwavesflow
Is ByeBye Johnny really Ronnie Wood?

My guess would be yes.

Yes, interesting isn't it, how BBJ always seems to come through with the backstage Ron Wood pics just before show time. BBJ obviously travels with the band and has insider access. If not RW himself, then perhaps he is RW's personal assistant.

It's not really that interesting when you consider that all these photos are from Ronnie's twitter feed and available for anyone on twitter to view. winking smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:38

Set list
1- Get Off of My Cloud
2 - IORR
3 - Paint it Black
4 - Gimme Shelter
5 - Wild Horses
6 - Rocks Off
7 - Emotional Rescue
8 - Six Day on the Road w/ Taj Mahal
9 - Doom and Gloom
10 - Honky Tonk Women
11 - You Got the Silver w/ keith
12 - Before They Make me Run w/ keith
13 - Midnight Rambler w/ Mick Taylor
14 - Miss You
15 - Start Me Up
16 - Tumbling Dice
17 - Brown Sugar
18 - Sympathy for the Devil
19 - YCAGWYW
20 - JJF
21 - Satisfaction

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 07:05 by DREAMTIME.

Date: May 29, 2013 06:38

I am not concerned with set lists anymore. The most important thing for this tour is to perform each song at a high level. So far so good. It's all about enhancing the legacy as much as possible from here on in to the conclusion of their career.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:45

I agree, and the band has been playing very well.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:46

Down to 21 songs now??

Date: May 29, 2013 06:46

I agree with the exception that they should not be dropping a song

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:50

Looks like it was One More Shot that got dropped?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:56

Hey, you guys should be happy, you got Rocks Off.

Date: May 29, 2013 06:59

Woz
I agree, and the band has been playing very well.

Exceptionally well! Now, if we can just get you to convince them to take this momentum straight to the studio so they can pull off the impossible dream and record that one last great album!

Steven Van Zandt said it best: "If they were making great records and playing live the way they are now, my God, how amazing would that be?"

I am a believer! A believer in the Rolling Stones and Mr. Don Was as their producer!

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:01

Very disappointing if they are down to 21 songs. I was hoping that as the tour progressed the boys would be firing on all cylinders. But with the comments of the last show and now down two songs this does not bode well for Hyde Park. They might be lucky to get a 15 or 16 song set list. I'm sure everyone will say what a great show it was but the boys are pulling back. Maybe there guarantee was cut and this is the payback. Already saw them dump the drummers after the ticket debacle on opening night. Now if they do a four song encore, all is forgiven.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()

Love them but their magic in terms of creativity is long gone. If you play the same 10-15 songs over and over again over a 40 year period, you should have them down by now.

Posted by: Thrylan ()

Anxious to hear Six Days........

If they keep it, could we get Ronnie on Seven Days?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 07:02 by Thrylan.

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:04

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:09

To be honest, dropping One More Shot might even make for a better show. Quality over quantity. Less of a lull and more flow to the show/atmosphere. Obviously it would be nice to replace it with another song, but I couldn't give a stuff if they don't play One More Shot.

LSTNT
Very disappointing if they are down to 21 songs. I was hoping that as the tour progressed the boys would be firing on all cylinders. But with the comments of the last show and now down two songs this does not bode well for Hyde Park. They might be lucky to get a 15 or 16 song set list. I'm sure everyone will say what a great show it was but the boys are pulling back. Maybe there guarantee was cut and this is the payback. Already saw them dump the drummers after the ticket debacle on opening night. Now if they do a four song encore, all is forgiven.

The boys are firing on all cylinders! Have been this entire tour. What they are doing is nothing short of remarkable. We need to keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

Posted by: Tonyz ()

LSTNT
But with the comments of the last show and now down two songs this does not bode well for Hyde Park.

The Toronto show was @#$%& incredible. Just because YGMR and ER was in the set doesn't mean it was a bad show.

The whining on this site is ridiculous.

Any song after Satisfaction?? 23 to 21 I try to stay positive but this is bullshit for the money and again MT on one song that is a waste. Hopefully what they played they played well.

Date: May 29, 2013 07:12

MT not on Satisfaction?

Date: May 29, 2013 07:13

I don't care about One More Shot either but damn it put The Last Time, It's All Over Now or better yet Can't You Hear me Knocking in.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:14

Oh-oh - the shrinking setlist. This happened on the previous two tours as well. Weren't some shows 19 songs?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:15

Is the only way to eliminate a bad song to just not play?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:16

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:16

JumpinJackOLantern
LSTNT

The boys are firing on all cylinders! Have been this entire tour. What they are doing is nothing short of remarkable. We need to keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

Mick and Charlie are firing on all cylinders. Ronnie is average at best. It's nice to see Keith on stage and he is more engaged that in the past, but he is below average at best. I love the band and have seen and will see more shows on the tour but there is no excuse for the reduction of songs. If you recall the set list for London 1 had 25 songs on it but was reduced by two for curfew reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 07:18 by LSTNT.

Date: May 29, 2013 07:17

Tonyz
LSTNT
But with the comments of the last show and now down two songs this does not bode well for Hyde Park.

The Toronto show was @#$%& incredible. Just because YGMR and ER was in the set doesn't mean it was a bad show.

The whining on this site is ridiculous.

Far too many fans are not looking at the bigger picture. This tour is about performing each song at the highest level possible. These guys are roughly 70 years of age! What they are doing is remarkable and is definitely enhancing their legacy. The mainstream media is raving about how great they have been performing. Mission accomplished! The only goal left is that one last great album! And if they can pull it off, it's move over Beatles!!!!!!

Date: May 29, 2013 07:21

Jack - FOrget the Beatles. I am for the most part in agreement with you but a shrinkig setlist is dicouraging.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:22

Set list
1- Get Off of My Cloud
2 - IORR
3 - Paint it Black
4 - Gimme Shelter
5 - Wild Horses
6 - Rocks Off
7 - Emotional Rescue
8 - Six Days on the Road w/ Taj Mahal
9 - Doom and Gloom
10 - One More Shot
11 - Honky Tonk Women
12 - You Got the Silver w/ keith
13 - Before They Make me Run w/ keith
14 - Midnight Rambler w/ Mick Taylor
15 - Miss You
16 - Start me Up
17 - Tumbling Dice
18 - Brown Sugar
19 - Sympathy for the Devil
ENCORE
20 - You Can't Always Get what You Want
21 - Jumping Jack Flash
22 - Satisfaction w/ Mick Taylor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 07:24 by DREAMTIME.

Date: May 29, 2013 07:24

Good... it was 22 songs. Now everyone can stop complaining.

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:25

LSTNT
JumpinJackOLantern
LSTNT

Mick and Charlie are firing on all cylinders. Ronnie is average at best. It's nice to see Keith on stage and he is more engaged that in the past, but he is below average at best. I love the band and have seen and will see more shows on the tour but there is no excuse for the reduction of songs. If you recall the set list for London 1 had 25 songs on it but was reduced by two for curfew reasons.

just fyi - McCartney is currently playing 38 songs in his show. I'd still rather see the Stones. They could easily add some more variety to their set list by just playing some more songs!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:27

Six Days On The Road SLAYED!!! Rambler was stellar! Heading to Billygoats if any fellow IORRers are around!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1333
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home