Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Die Hard Stones Fan
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 15, 2005 07:40

I first saw the Stones as an 18 year old in 1981 TWICE at the L.A Colisseum thanks to my older bro.

I was born and raised on the Stones/Beatles - (born in '63) - and if I wasn't hearing my brother playing the Stones on the record player, I was hearing them on the the radio or at my Aunts house while I she was babysitting.

Then a couple years later,, I recall my brother buying Sticky Fingers- to my mother and fathers dismay - ( the album cover was obscene according to them). Meanwhile I could care less, I was 6 years old and listening to Top 40 radio...teeny bopper stuff like the Jackson 5, etc.

Fast forward - The first Stones album I bought was Made In The Shade at the age of 13, I was totaly hooked - (smoked my first doobie that summer and drank lots cold beer at the beach during this period).

Fast forward again - When Some Girls album came out (I was 15) yrs. old, my brother and I drank a case of beer in his apartment and listened to it over and over (and over again and again) - definitely a brothely bonding experience of a lifetime to cherish forever!

Through the rest of the '80's and '90's I made sure I was on top of every new album and tour, and saw them at least once or twice when they came to town ( By the way..Micks solo career sucks in my opinon- it ruined it for me in the '80's as far as the Stones were concerned - Thank God for Keith recorded and released "You Don't Move Me). Perhaps because of Mick, most everthing regarding the Rolling Stones was inferior from 1981 - 2003...there wasn't very much to be happy about.........except when they play LIVE.

Regardless of the justified criticism throughout this last 2 decade period regarding Ronnie's lackluster playing, the back-up vocals...Chuck, Darryl, Blondie....Lisa...whoever you want to blame....THEY ARE STILL THE BEST BAND LIVE!!!

Finally able to take a good amount of time away form work, life, etc....in 2002/3 on the 40 Lick tour...when I turned 40 years old - I saw the Stones all over the world...multiple stadium and arena shows throughout the U.S.A and in the northern regions of Europe, countless times over a year long period in various cities including 3 Club shows - ((Stockholm ROCKED!!!)).

What more can I say?.....

I have beeen a die-hard Stones fan since day one!

ps - due to a recent knee replacement surgery, I am heavily under the influence of fine Californian wine...I hope some of you will enjoy and relate to my latest ranting and raving.

From one die-hard to another - Peace...and "Keep On Rolling"!!!

Thank you to the Rolling Stones for being the all time best!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 15, 2005 09:22

Hey Hairball; I´m a ´63´er, too!
Somewhere I feel we´re a minority here at the board.
Anyway it seems like we´ve found related user names as well...

I myself missed tour -81, but many friends went down to Göteborg.
I also believe I was too much into punk rock in those days.

But now its die hard RS...

Posted by: johang ()
Date: March 15, 2005 09:48

Listening to Get Yer ya ya s out with my headset, never heard Keith like it ever again on Stray Cat

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 15, 2005 19:56

Yes Baboon Bro,

In the late '70's I was heavily into the Clash and hard-core Jamaican reggae.

I still love it all, but the Stones have stood the test of time, and nowhere can you experience a concert as fun as any Stones concert.

Lets just hope Keith can still pluck a tune or two properly by the time the next tour starts rolling. Things were getting a bit sketchy at the end of the last tour. His fingers look really @#$%& up!

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 15, 2005 20:16

bartman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since I heared Paint it Black for the first time
> (From Tour of Duty)
>
>
> I got news for you. We're still a bunch of tough
> bastards. String us up and we still won't die

GREAT choice for a series about Vietnam and the soldiers who fought there....!

When I first heard Not Fade Away I was hooked!

It's a fantastic song to do live. It really MOVES the audience!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home