Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question for people that have attended a show - ER
Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:06

I am just wondering for people that have attended a show - How does Emotional Rescue go over with the crowd? Not a song that Iever thought they would play nor did I really care if they did. It's one of my least favorite Stones songs.

Gonna find my way to heaven cuz I did my time in hell

Re: Question for people that have attended a show - ER
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:13

From where I was sitting on Saturday night, people appeared to be into it as they were dancing and singing the verses.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:16

From where I was it looked like it was one of the songs that had less crowd response. In my section there were a lot of fans in their 20s.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:19

I thought it got a good response Saturday night. The fans around me, who ended up talking most of the night, actually listened to it.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:22

Emotional Rescue is a great song to groove to. Saturday's response from the crowd was great

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 27, 2013 16:10

It went over pretty good. My section was more inclined towards the rockers, though.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 16:49

Went over great in the pit on Saturday (No surprise there).

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 27, 2013 16:53

ER was well received in Vegas.

Glad that it is in the setlist and hope that the east will be able to see it as well. Prefer the version on opening night in LA I saw on video to the one I saw live however.

Date: May 27, 2013 17:07

In Vegas everybody around me was dancing to Emotional Rescue,nobody sat down. Some people, that knew the words, were even singing along. I'd say it went over very well in Vegas. Great, Great song. I hope I get to hear it again at Philly 2.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 18:27

Everyone seemed to liked it on the 15th in Anaheim. I certainly did. I loved it.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:32

ER (the song & the whole album) holds a special place for me because it was my 1st new release Stones record. Born in '62 I got on the Stones bandwagon with Some Girls. Saw the New Barbs tour. Finished high school class of '80 & got ER on the 1st day of release. What a summer! I still love that album. My first show was Boulder '81 and I've seen shows on every US tour since. Saw the Vegas show with a friend who is 34 years old. My 23rd show, his 1st. We both loved it. For me it was the only song they did that I have not already seen them do. (saw the Grrr songs on the PPV). I was really hoping to see them play it and I'm so glad they did. I really enjoyed it. Surprisingly, it was one of the stand-out songs to my 1st timer friend. He loved it.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:38

It was a TOP 10 hit in most of the countries so most of the people know the song I guess................I remember my wife and daughter loved the song

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 03:06 by NICOS.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:44

ER is a strange choice as far as I'm concerned. I never really liked the song that much. There must be hundreds of songs they could have played instead. Still, I'll reserve judgement until I hear it live. It might be one that works live but not in record.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 28, 2013 02:44

Title5Take1
Everyone seemed to liked it on the 15th in Anaheim. I certainly did. I loved it.

Me too.

And I was never really a fan of it before.

It was a winner and I think they should do it at more shows.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2013 02:48

Very popular. A crowd pleaser.

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2013 02:49

Good to hear, it's certainly one of the better surprises of the second leg of the "50th and Counting" tour, with CYHMK and Sway of course.

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: May 28, 2013 04:51

I enjoyed ER in San Jose. It gave Darryl a strong moment in the show, which I appreciated. He and Mick were really grooving together.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2013 04:57

At the first LA show it went over fantastic. There was a gasp through the crowd, a good one. And they got into it more as the song went along. It's an interesting choice because it's a rarity, but a very well known one. I couldn't hear the bass very well up in the nosebleeds so it was difficult to tell if Darryl was any good on it or not.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 28, 2013 05:04

fahthree
I thought it got a good response Saturday night. The fans around me, who ended up talking most of the night, actually listened to it.

Arrrrrg I hate those "fans". The one's that show up late, talk or text all the way through, leave before the encore, and only bought their ticket so they can say " I was there"

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 28, 2013 07:22

andrewt
It went over pretty good. My section was more inclined towards the rockers, though.

Does it groove well? Its hard to tell from what i have seen/heard....I has tons of "groove" potential.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 28, 2013 13:03

Seemed to go over well with the crowd. 1 of my least favorite Stones songs of all time. I'd much rather here something from kind of experimental pop period (I'm Free, She Smiled Sweetly, etc. you get the picture). I'm Free was great on the Shine a Light extras. Back to ER: with the exception of Daryl, the band looked bored during it. For me, was the only negative on the show I saw (Vegas). I even like the new songs. Even for dance music type songs, I would rate ER low. How about Dance part 1 or Slave? Even Hot Stuff. Just my opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home