Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18
Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 26, 2013 06:54

THey also need to drop 1 of the new songs. We dont need D and G and 1 more shot. Replace one of them with Saint of Me OOC or another recent one.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 26, 2013 06:58

MisterDDDD

Next time, I'll check a FAN site for reports..

based the or so 6 weeks I spent here, i'd say this board is only about 30% fans. not a fun place to hang out if you like the rolling stones. great for trivia and fun facts though... or if you are Mick Taylor fanatic.

there are some real experts here. unfortunately you have to sift through a lot of nonsense from the other posters to get to it.

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:01

sonomastone
MisterDDDD

based the or so 6 weeks I spent here, i'd say this board is only about 30% fans. not a fun place to hang out if you like the rolling stones. great for trivia and fun facts though... or if you are Mick Taylor fanatic.

there are some real experts here. unfortunately you have to sift through a lot of nonsense from the other posters to get to it.
WHats wrong with threads about Micks wig, Keiths hands, Ronnies farts, Charlies feet, Lisa fat ass, Bernards off key singing, Mick Taylors weight, Chucks ugly sweaters, etc

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:01

vermontoffender
How can anyone know if a show was "mailed in" when they weren't there?

I hope some of the whiners on this board work for competing bands. I hope there is an ulterior motive that drives their desperate, often hilarious, levels of negativity.

Because, if not, that would be incredibly sad.

I doubt they work for competing bands... the competing bands that are still around ask the Stones for advice on how to make maximum $$$, and certainly no one in the Stones peer group would be hanging out here moaning about whether Doom and Gloom should or shouldn't be played.

No, unfortunately, it's just sad.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:02

I've never seen this person on the forum before. It seems like one of those that come in, lay their turds, and are never heard from again.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:15

MisterDDDD
Lets play critique the critics..
I'll go first.

This poster is not only NOT a Rolling Stones fan, but I believe is likely working for some competing band conspiring to ruin the hole tour with the constant whining.

Of the 16 posts, I defy anyone to find a praise or even a
non-negative in Debbie Downer's posts...

Compared to Staples.
Forum: Tell Me
***TodayBrstonesfan

2. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
This was mailed in IMO...
***TodayBrstonesfan

3. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Not a very exciting set list except for decent version of SFM which should have had Taylor on it.
***TodayBrstonesfan

4. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
100% correct.
***TodayBrstonesfan

5. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
What a let down.
***TodayBrstonesfan

6. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Uninspiring so far. Get Taylor out ASAP.
***TodayBrstonesfan

7. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
ZZZZZ...without Taylor low energy.
***TodayBrstonesfan

8. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Huge let down from Staples show. Toronto is getting Omha'ed.
***TodayBrstonesfan

9. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
ER a novelty, but boring.
***TodayBrstonesfan

10. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Wasting Taylor again.
***TodayBrstonesfan

11. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Mick T should be brought out for this.
***TodayBrstonesfan

12. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Mediocre set so far.
***TodayBrstonesfan

13. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Without a 3rd guitar it has had a tin sound all tour . Tempo too slow.
***TodayBrstonesfan

14. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
YGMR is a buzz kill.
***TodayBrstonesfan

15. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Pit is never overpacked...been in 5 and only last Newark full.
***TodayBrstonesfan

16. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Another "sell out" with 14k fans and a few empties.

Unbelievable.
I suffered through these posts and similar for the entire show just to see if there was going to be ANY praise for the band he claims to be a fan of... but, sadly, no.

I thought "well I got to hand it to him, he does know all about killing the buzz, so who am I to argue?"

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:17

EddieByword
MisterDDDD
Lets play critique the critics..
I'll go first.

This poster is not only NOT a Rolling Stones fan, but I believe is likely working for some competing band conspiring to ruin the hole tour with the constant whining.

Of the 16 posts, I defy anyone to find a praise or even a
non-negative in Debbie Downer's posts...

Compared to Staples.
***TodayBrstonesfan

2. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
This was mailed in IMO...
***TodayBrstonesfan

3. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Not a very exciting set list except for decent version of SFM which should have had Taylor on it.
***TodayBrstonesfan

4. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
100% correct.
***TodayBrstonesfan

5. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
What a let down.
***TodayBrstonesfan

6. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Uninspiring so far. Get Taylor out ASAP.
***TodayBrstonesfan

7. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
ZZZZZ...without Taylor low energy.
***TodayBrstonesfan

8. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Huge let down from Staples show. Toronto is getting Omha'ed.
***TodayBrstonesfan

9. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
ER a novelty, but boring.
***TodayBrstonesfan

10. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Wasting Taylor again.
***TodayBrstonesfan

11. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Mick T should be brought out for this.
***TodayBrstonesfan

12. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Mediocre set so far.
***TodayBrstonesfan

13. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Without a 3rd guitar it has had a tin sound all tour . Tempo too slow.
***TodayBrstonesfan

14. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
YGMR is a buzz kill.
***TodayBrstonesfan

15. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Pit is never overpacked...been in 5 and only last Newark full.
***TodayBrstonesfan

16. Re: Toronto-1 May 25 Stones show live updates
Another "sell out" with 14k fans and a few empties.

Unbelievable.
I suffered through these posts and similar for the entire show just to see if there was going to be ANY praise for the band he claims to be a fan of... but, sadly, no.

I thought "well I got to hand it to him, he does know all about killing the buzz, so who am I to argue?"

Agree BIG Buzz killthumbs down

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:27

Back to the show

1. Get Off of My Cloud
2. You Got me Rocking
3. Paint it Black
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Angie
6. Street Fighting Man
7. Emotional Rescue
8. IORR with Carrie Underwood
9. Doom & Gloom
10. One More Shot
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. You Got The Silver
13. Happy
14. Midnight Rambler MT
15. Miss You
16. Start Me Up
17. Tumbling Dice
18. Brown Sugar
19. Sympathy

Encores:
20. YCAGWYW
21. JJF
22. Satisfaction with MT

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:29

treaclefingers
andrewt
More mayor jokes. Big ups medical marijuana.

IORR.

Where you sitting Andrew?

I was in sec 110, row 11. Ronnie's side at side stage but very much towards the front of the stage. Great view of Charlie's snare & hi-hat.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:34

Show was really good even though I would have liked a bit more setlist variation. Definitely not mailed in like some are saying here. Lots of really young fans in their 20s in my section, up on their feet the whole time. A couple empty seats though. Had a lot of fun.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:40

I have no idea what to say about this show. I had a great seat - on Keith's side, adjacent to the stage, close enough to see everything and high enough to see backstage. Great! I thought they started strong with the first 4 songs. By the end of those, I was nearly deaf from sitting right under a massive speaker, and everything sounded murky. Loud - but murky. I've been closer, but have never been blasted like this before. Then the wheels felt like they were coming off this concert. Angie - WHAT the hell was Chuck playing? He sounded like he was in a saloon in the damn Klondike. Emotional Rescue - never a favourite - seems redundant when Miss You is on the set list. Ditto for both Doom and Gloom and One More Shot - pick one, please. Carrie Underwood? Don't take my word for it - I was deaf by that point - all I got out of it was a lot of shrieking and wobbling. She did not look comfortable in those sky-high stiletto shoes. She seemed nervous as hell. Not a great moment. By this time I was looking desperately over the back of the stage for signs of Mick Taylor - and looking - and looking. WTF??? Keith's set was fine, but I thought he was going to do Before They Make Me Run and I was looking forward to it - not to be. FINALLY we get Mick Taylor - and Rambler was wonderful, it was rockin', it was everything it was supposed to be, and then the sodden twat behind me spilled her beer and fell over on me, messing up the whole farking song. Everything after that was pretty predictable. But by this point my ears are so bad that it sounds like Mick has been breathing in helium. Seriously - my ears are trashed, still can't hear a thing.

I did figure out who is posting the videos to YouTube so quickly. It is those nice officers from 52 Division who were working the show - and filming most of it with their I Phones. They were standing right beside me for most of the show - which is why I DIDN'T spark one up like Andrew managed to do.

What are we going to get on June 6th? For the love of all things holy, I hope it's a better set list than this, and that they use Mick Taylor more. I never had much of an opinion about him either way, before seeing him in Newark and here tonight, but he adds so much to these songs. Mick J actually played with him a fair bit during Rambler - I thought that might be a sign that he was gaining favour and might be used more, but alas, only 2 songs. He has a great, laid back presence and incredible chops. I'm definitely a fan.

Holy crap, my ears hurt.

Date: May 26, 2013 07:47

ohotos
Show was really good even though I would have liked a bit more setlist variation. Definitely not mailed in like some are saying here. Lots of really young fans in their 20s in my section, up on their feet the whole time. A couple empty seats though. Had a lot of fun.

Agree it was not mailed in. It was about what I expected, that is to say, there were a few highlights.. SFM, IORR being more fun than usual, MR, a surprising good version of SMU of all things, a very solid JJF. Some "stones lite" like the first three tunes, ER, Miss You (ugh)
And some decent warhorses.

The band was energetic and in good spirits.
The crowd really helped gloss over the rough patches by getting their Saturday Night party on.

I too would have liked to see some more cool gems early but I guess that's what Show 2 will be for.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 26, 2013 07:56

I was definitely a fan of MT on MR as well, especially after missing that in Brooklyn. I would have loved CYHMK or something else with him, but some here need to realize that he is not in the band anymore. He will do his one song + encore most of the times, which is a nice gesture to him and to the fans for this 50 year celebration, but it doesn't look like he will rejoin the band. Too many big egos in the band and they have to show that they can do it without him. He might be used for a couple surprises here and there but you'll enjoy the shows anyways as a Stones fan if he doesn't play on 3-4 songs. Tired now, going to bed.

Posted by: stoggin ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:07

I wax there and thought it was good. Not sure how manny of the crowd were there to be seen or perhaps it's the last time. Always like seeing parents with kids getting rock and roll education.

Mt was the best thing out there, lifted the energy. Cool to see him on satisfaction. Keith seemed missing on a couple of songs but when he hit -sfm - he was great. Overall though, I thought it was not the disaster I was told it would be. I was in the 85s and pushed down with a whole and the energy there was great. People genuinely excited to be there and jagger worked it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:09

I would have thought they noted that MT's reception on playing more songs at Staples was met with a positive response. My god I hope Mick J. doesn't think Sway and CYHMK are 'obscure' songs.

I don't get some people who think Miss You and Emotional Rescue is one too many disco songs. I've never heard them say they're playing one too many rock songs. This band is bigger than rock and roll.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:45

Brstonesfan
The one on Brussels with Taylor's lead is mesmerizing.

I AGREE. It's out of this world...

Date: May 26, 2013 08:48

24FPS
I would have thought they noted that MT's reception on playing more songs at Staples was met with a positive response. My god I hope Mick J. doesn't think Sway and CYHMK are 'obscure' songs.

I don't get some people who think Miss You and Emotional Rescue is one too many disco songs. I've never heard them say they're playing one too many rock songs. This band is bigger than rock and roll.

Not so bad but ER directly following a blistering SFM kinda killed the momentum and Miss You is not helped by the fact it follows Midnight Rambler, which was on a whole other level/

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:58

Green Lady

@#$%& great! I was hoping they'd do it like on the Licks Tour, and they did.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:00

...did that just happen??? Did I actually see the Stones in concert?

Holy @#$%& shit.

Greatest night ever.

Anyone who said they "mailed it in" is an idiot.

I started to cry a little when they came on stage. I was dreaming through the entire show (well, not during ER and YGMR). It was incredible. Perfection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 09:02 by Tonyz.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:00

SomeTorontoGirl
Keith's set was fine, but I thought he was going to do Before They Make Me Run and and I was looking forward to it - not to be.

Nice review, and sorry you didn't get BTMMR, but I have to say, with envy--you got You Got the Silver!!

Date: May 26, 2013 09:24

Tonyz

Holy @#$%& shit.

Greatest night ever.

I started to cry a little when they came on stage. I was dreaming through the entire show (well, not during ER and YGMR). It was incredible. Perfection.
Thank God to finally hear a real review from a Stones fan that was actually at the concert and enjoyed itcool smiley

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:27

<<But by this point my ears are so bad that it sounds like Mick has been breathing in helium.>>

Jagger's mic is trebled up to my ears as well.

Date: May 26, 2013 09:35

(duplicate post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 09:37 by andrewt.

Date: May 26, 2013 09:36

The other Bon mots from Mick Jagger (before IORR)
"We were just in L.A. And they have a new mayor. He's giving everyone medical marihuana (big cheers). I wonder what your mayor will give you? (big laughs)
Free bus passes?"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:40

Tonyz

Holy @#$%& shit.

Greatest night ever.

You sure SOUND like you were there. The crying, the dreaming, the holy shitness of it all. That's how I feel during a Stones concert.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 26, 2013 09:41

Not bad for sure, but too floppy for me. Mick is great though. But the guitars are not at the rendez vous sad smiley sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash
Green Lady

Date: May 26, 2013 09:48

its good to be anywhere
Tonyz

Holy @#$%& shit.

Greatest night ever.

Thank God to finally hear a real review from a Stones fan that was actually at the concert and enjoyed itcool smiley

I was there too and I spread the snark on here as much as anyone.
It was a good, fun show all around.
I stayed within my original budget of well under $200 and it was totally worth that for a great night out. Lots of flubs in the playing for sure, Keith got lost sometimes but also laid it down solid as all get out on a bunch of numbers as well.

Date: May 26, 2013 10:01

roby
Not bad for sure, but too floppy for me. Mick is great though. But the guitars are not at the rendez vous sad smiley sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash
Green Lady

It's funny...listening to it again in this clip, there's a good sense of the crowd's energy. The lack of any bass on the cellphone video definitely removes a lot of the punch that's there when you're at the show. Watching again objectively it does seem to get a little mushy at the end but at the time I was mostly locked into Keith's tone and rhythm playing, which was epic.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:03

Damn... why are they messing about with MT?

I wonder what he thinks.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:20

Too much applause for him in LA, especially during CYHMK... Back in the shade, thanks mate.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home