Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor Has Saved Western Civilisation
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:31

CYHMK in LA. When was the last time anyone seen a standing ovation for a single member after one song.? Yes, MT has reinvigorated the Stones pumping some fresh water into a stale pond.

Play that guitar son. Let it rip.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:32

stonesrule
You must still be mooning over the 70's memories.

Re Mick T hair it needs to be thinned out and shaped. I may need LateBloomer to fly in and help supervise. Will do anything to see that Western Civilsation is Saved...ONCE AND FOR ALL.

A deep conditioner should do the trick stonesrule, his hair looks like straw...you hold him down and I'll pour it on.

The things we do for Western Civilization.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 03:40 by latebloomer.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:37

Please continue the magic throughout the rest of the tour. Hopefully there's even more surprises!

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 25, 2013 13:49

frankotero
Please continue the magic throughout the rest of the tour. Hopefully there's even more surprises!

Mick Taylor to be honoured at the White House by Barry Obama perhaps?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:54

BlackHat
frankotero

Mick Taylor to be honoured at the White House by Barry Obama perhaps?

Of course - this is why DC was chosen for the 18th show.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 25, 2013 15:28

Max'sKansasCity
Only 8 new Taylor threads today? Are the Taylorians getting lazy... or something?

Or maybe the Taylorites have grown bored with him already and are getting ready to turn on their savior, as they turned on The Stones 10 years ago.

Funny! Will one of the Taylorites be Judas?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:08

Midnight Toker
CYHMK in LA. When was the last time anyone seen a standing ovation for a single member after one song.? Yes, MT has reinvigorated the Stones pumping some fresh water into a stale pond.

There's no seats in the pit...we were forced to stand...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:11

Munichhilton
Midnight Toker

i brought in my lounge chair

Date: May 25, 2013 16:13

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
Midnight Toker

But you had to pay lounge fees...tell it like it is...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:19

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
Midnight Toker

But you had to pay lounge fees...tell it like it is...

i believe you love me but i'm not your little boy...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 25, 2013 19:53

DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

To the extent that the Stones can be reduced to one formula (really, it can't), it is not.

My proposition: If there is to be one such formula, this one formula is instead to be found in the balance of the contradiction between Mick and Keith.

We can have different wishes as to this balance. Myself, as one, who wishes for change and innovation within and of the Rolling Stones musical territory, want this balance weighted 60% - 40% in favour of Mick.

At present, Mick Taylor constitutes a seldom factor that can make this contradiction, not always working as it could, function creatively once again. My wish is that it will happen full scale.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 25, 2013 20:42

DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

He's the Stones' guitarist with the most recognizable "handwriting" (or what's left of it), on this tour. I merely would say: "Jagger is the Stones", if you insist to choose a hero. He has the guts to stand in front of this band.

The Stones have always been a sum of their parts. That's what made them unique, on stage in particular.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:10

svt22
DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

He's the Stones' guitarist with the most recognizable "handwriting" (or what's left of it), on this tour. I merely would say: "Jagger is the Stones", if you insist to choose a hero. He has the guts to stand in front of this band.
The Stones have always been a sum of their parts. That's what made them unique, on stage in particular.

Charlie is the Stones.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:18

BlackHat
svt22
DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

Charlie is the Stones.

He's not even an original member.

Date: May 25, 2013 21:26

His Majesty
BlackHat
svt22
DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

Charlie is the Stones.

Do I detect the smell of burning martyr ?grinning smiley

Date: May 25, 2013 21:33

svt22
His Majesty
BlackHat
svt22
DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

Charlie is the Stones.

Just stating a fact. smiling smiley

Date: May 25, 2013 21:35

His Majesty
svt22
His Majesty
BlackHat
svt22
DandelionPowderman
Keith is the Stones.

Charlie is the Stones.

Just stating a fact. smiling smiley

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:43

I hope that Mick Taylor reads this forum and the other Stones forums, otherwise all he has as feedback is the cheers from each night's show. I'm assuming that someone from the Stones camp or Taylors friends etc are reading the comments and letting him know how much impact he has made.

Initially I was a little sceptical as to what he could bring to the tour, I've seen him once as a solo artist and he was ok, but badly out of shape and just seemed disinterested in the music, more like it was something he had to do to make money, which is understandable. Having seen the various clips of his performances on this tour I am very impressed with the much needed injection of adrenaline which he has brought. Without him they are doing fine, but it;'s the same old format and is really needed something to shake it up. The looks on Keith, Charlie, Ronni and Jagger's faces during CYHMK were something I haven't seen on Stones tour for decades. He stirred up something primeval which was always in the Stones in the 60's, and early 70's but seemed to slip away over the remaining years. Also, it's plainly evident that Taylor himself is thoroughly enjoying this role. He is re-born and he is loving the music and camaraderie of being back in the band. Jagger needs to listen up and get the man on for as much of the set as possible, there is a role for three guitars and Keith and Ronnie can take it easy on some tracks and let Taylor weave his magic. It makes sense Mr Jagger...go on do it, you know you want to really!

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 25, 2013 22:55

I'm also hoping that when they get a break from this tour that they get into a studio ASAP while they're still "loose and limber" and knock out some new tracks with Taylor. You just know that some good jamming is going on behind the scenes and that new song ideas are gestating and coagulating.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:10

Why not be laying down tracks and/or ideas for new songs while they are are on the road?.....

Oh I know why they dont, it is because they read here, and they read how 78.45% of the whiners here always say (in the most nasally whiney voice they can whine) "we dont want any new music from them, everything The Stones make after 81 sucks".

AND I SAY TO THAT "AH BS!!"

And I will say again that I love the 2 new tracks on GRRR! and I love most of the stuff they have ever made, including after 1981, and I would love to hear some new music from my favorite band. HEY!! Maybe they could make me a new favorite Stones song, that would be cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 23:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:30

Any new Stones tune that includes Mick Taylor is welcome in my world. thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2013 23:32

Hairball

How about a guy who sounds just like him, but is better?
There are 1000s, maybe millions of them.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:36

MuddyJaggrich
To be honest, the Stones earn 80% from 20% that MT played in.
He should have got a lot more attention and respect for what he did.
LET IT BLEED, GYYYYO, STICKY FINGERS, EXILE ON MAIN ST., GOATS HEAD SOUP, IORR,
what more can I say. He surely must work a bit on himself, but he is great.
I find that it is great and hounoring from Mick and Keith, to open the stage for him in that way. So we are very looking forward to next projects together.
Blame it on the wine, yours sincerely.....

AMEN!

Date: May 25, 2013 23:47

Max'sKansasCity
Why not be laying down tracks and/or ideas for new songs while they are are on the road?.....

Oh I know why they dont, it is because they read here, and they read how 78.45% of the whiners here always say (in the most nasally whiney voice they can whine) "we dont want any new music from them, everything The Stones make after 81 sucks".

81? 1973!

Date: May 25, 2013 23:52

His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity

81? 1973!

details... details....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:59

Max'sKansasCity
Hairball

How about a guy who sounds just like him, but is better?
There are 1000s, maybe millions of them.

Sorry Max...there is only one Mick Taylor.

To say "there are thousands, maybe millions" of guitar players that sound just like him -but even better, is a matter of opinion which I don't agree with.
Nobody sounds "just like" Mick Taylor. There may be technically better players, but again there is only one Mick Taylor.

He rode with the Stones for nearly 5 years, and will always be a Stone. He is part of the Stones' DNA.

Date: May 26, 2013 00:03

Max'sKansasCity
details... details....

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 26, 2013 01:02

Well, at least the world is a bit better place now...

But totally a killer title and idea of the thread...>grinning smiley<thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: May 26, 2013 02:01

Doxa

- Doxa

I dunno, child rape, beheadings and all sorts still going on, but apparently gods will is focused on Taylor being with the stones.

Date: May 26, 2013 02:12

His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

I dunno, child rape, beheadings and all sorts still going on, but apparently gods will is focused on Taylor being with the stones.

You're not bringing up that God stuff again are you?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home