Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No diehard consensus on never or rarely played song this tour for their "base"?
Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 24, 2013 05:40

In the past few tours they brought Sway to the stage & She Was Hot, sister Morphine & Moonlight Mile etc. There seems to be no 1 tune that the diehard camp is requesting or dare I say demanding

Let It Loose
Out Of Time
Torn & Frayed
Time Waits For No one
100 years ago
Fancyman Blues
Plundered my Soul
Do Ya Think I really Care
Slave
Walking The Dog
You Can't catch me
Laugh I NEarly Died

IDK would they appease us?

MEZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 05:49 by The Mez.

Re: No diehard consensus on never or rarely played song this tour for their "base"?
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 24, 2013 06:00

We've gotten so many of my favorites already, CYHMK, Sway, Shattered, Far away Eyes, Dead Flowers, Waiting on A Friend, ER, Rock's Off... Plenty of unexpected songs.. Yeah I'd love Torn but I don't think they'd play it well... So my list is short,, Heartbreaker, Moonlight Mile, Angie and SFM with MT... All very possible...

Re: No diehard consensus on never or rarely played song this tour for their "base"?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 24, 2013 06:16

I would say ER shuts this argument down...next up Too Tough

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 24, 2013 06:30

Coming Down Again / Moonlight Mile / Let It Loose / Too Much Blood / One Hit

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 06:33

Munichhilton

I miss ER already........it was new

Date: May 24, 2013 09:54

Send It To me
Coming Down Again / Moonlight Mile / Let It Loose / Too Much Blood / One Hit

Couldn't agree more with these five! I'd personally add three more from Goats Head Soup:

Dancing With Mr. D (favorite Stones riff of all time!)
100 Years Ago (with Taylor jamming out at the end--that'd be preferable to Sway AND Can't You Hear Me Knocking, at least for me!)
Can You Hear The Music

Date: May 24, 2013 09:57

The Mez
In the past few tours they brought Sway to the stage & She Was Hot, sister Morphine & Moonlight Mile etc. There seems to be no 1 tune that the diehard camp is requesting or dare I say demanding

Let It Loose
Out Of Time
Torn & Frayed
Time Waits For No one
100 years ago
Fancyman Blues
Plundered my Soul
Do Ya Think I really Care
Slave
Walking The Dog
You Can't catch me
Laugh I NEarly Died

IDK would they appease us?

MEZ

Count me in for:

Let It Loose
Slave
Out Of Time (WHY haven't they played this one???)

Date: May 24, 2013 14:53

Yes D Powderman why never "Out Of Time" is a mystery... It's got energy, great meody / chorus for crowd to engage... idk Scorcese requested it for Shine A Light movie too.. Jagger must not be a fan of it..... MEZ

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 24, 2013 17:12

Thrylan
Munichhilton

Perhaps, but maybe it sounded old to them

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 24, 2013 17:16

Thrylan
Munichhilton

i'll step out of my normal positivity outlook for a moment and opine that now that ER has been dropped, there are NO songs featured in the setlist that are new to it or particularly unexpected.

ok back to my cheerleader mode...sorry for the interruption...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 24, 2013 17:19

The Mez
Yes D Powderman why never "Out Of Time" is a mystery... It's got energy, great meody / chorus for crowd to engage... idk Scorcese requested it for Shine A Light movie too.. Jagger must not be a fan of it..... MEZ

Maybe they don't want to cover a Chris Farlowe song?

Date: May 24, 2013 17:21

treaclefingers
The Mez

Maybe they don't want to cover a Chris Farlowe song?

if they ever do, it better come soon...as the title of the song forbodes...not to mention tom waits for no one...cos he doesn't...

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: May 24, 2013 19:55

"Out of Time" is a nice song, but it's blindingly obvious why they don't dare do it if you just read the lyrics!

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: May 24, 2013 23:02

mine is jigsaw puzzle 1st because its there most underrated song, 2nd i dont think they have ever rehearsed it why to long , sounds to bob dylanish great song never to see the light of day

Date: May 24, 2013 23:19

dgodkin
mine is jigsaw puzzle 1st because its there most underrated song, 2nd i dont think they have ever rehearsed it why to long , sounds to bob dylanish great song never to see the light of day

yeah - it's been rehearsed before - one of the 90's tours, i remember seeing it on one of those ronnie rehearsal boards....

Date: May 24, 2013 23:21

How'd I forget Jigsaw Puzzle... Great choice MEZ

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:40

2120 South Michigan Avenue
I would be very pleased with that one and also very surprised >grinning smiley<

HMN

Date: May 25, 2013 01:41

Honestman
2120 South Michigan Avenue
I would be very pleased with that one and also very surprised >grinning smiley<

mick always forgets the words to it...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:20

Will someone please definite "BASE" in this context?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home