Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rumor: MJ going to mix it up with MT - next Gimme Shelter and SFTD
Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:07

In Chicago, MT to jump around to new songs. Based on back and forth of songs from GYYA and Brussels Affair era. Look for MR to be dropped but added to Gimme Shelter and SFTD.

Re: Rumor: MJ going to mix it up with MT - next Gimme Shelter and SFTD
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:19

SFTD would be incredible!!!

I hope this happens!!!

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:41

For shits sake,let him play on everything!!!!! Get the most out of someone that is REALLY playing his ass off and CONTRIBUTING!!!!! CONTRIBUTING!!!!

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:52

How about Gimme Shelter or BS? A little shot of energy to the same songs played the same way for 20+ years would be great.

But don't dare drop CYHMK.

How about LOVE IN VAIN?!! Come on Jagger, it is so obvious this needs to be the next change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 03:54 by StonesBlake.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:08

Can't see them dropping Midnight Rambler for the Boston shows.

"We-hell, you heard about the Boston...."

Posted by: b2b2 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:09

Why are they waiting to do this in Chicago and not Toronto??

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:23

duffydawg
In Chicago, MT to jump around to new songs. Based on back and forth of songs from GYYA and Brussels Affair era. Look for MR to be dropped but added to Gimme Shelter and SFTD.
WHo started this rumor, you???

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:23

rainhog
For shits sake,let him play on everything!!!!! Get the most out of someone that is REALLY playing his ass off and CONTRIBUTING!!!!! CONTRIBUTING!!!!

3 guitars is the way to go! Give the fans the best sounding Stones concert -- after all they are paying for it and quite substantially.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:40

duffydawg

If this isn't true please don't tease us...we know where you live.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 06:46

MR isn't going anywhere, period. Among the many reasons, the whole Keith being proud of it and its a bad ass riff that he can still make work. It is a crowd pleasing warhorse....etc. i think they will continue to explore having three guitar players working together....like ...trying to make a.....basket or something..... anyway, the biggest immediate add, would be to SFTD; He could desperately help that. GS is also like MR, but it is a solo Keith can make it through, he wouldn't stand to be relegated to nothing.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:51

StonesBlake
How about Gimme Shelter or BS? A little shot of energy to the same songs played the same way for 20+ years would be great.

But don't dare drop CYHMK.

How about LOVE IN VAIN?!! Come on Jagger, it is so obvious this needs to be the next change.

thumbs up 100%

Date: May 24, 2013 10:04

Jump around? He already does that to several songs, behind Charlie's kit winking smiley

Seriously, CYHMK is the ultimate MT-tune. They should keep on playing that, BUT at the same time they should keep ER in the setlist!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 10:13

I hope they don't drop MR, though I'm all for adding more MT songs ;-)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 24, 2013 13:06

GS would be awesome, I still remember the first time I heard the 1973 version on "The Stars in the Sky they Never Lie" on a K7 someone had dubbed for a friend...sure, Keith can still play it (barely) but I'm sure Taylor would find a way to add some spice here and there. The best thing with Taylor's presence is that he brings something (slightly) unpredictable to the songs...which is ironic because that's not really what he was known for in his first "stint" with the Stones...and yes I think he's back for a second "stint", whatever they do in the future, be it Live or in the studio, he'll be around in some capacity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 13:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: May 24, 2013 13:14

Let MT play on the war-horses BS, JJF like he does on Satisfaction. That kicks Ron and Keith asses and may be get those songs sounding fresh again.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 24, 2013 13:15

GS like in 72/73 and they mill make my day

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 24, 2013 13:31

Nothing but three guitars, please ...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 24, 2013 14:12

As much as I earlier have written

"And if possible, that the potentially extended participation from Mick Taylor would be to different songs to avoid the risk that a pattern becomes a routine."

I would be delighted if Mick Taylor could play on varying songs.

The element of a somewhat lessened premeditated control and coregraphy, compared with what has been the case since 1989, springing from Mick Taylor's way of playing guitar, is thereby continued. In addition, it serves to introduce another surprise element, and I love surprises in the context of Stones concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 14:14 by Witness.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 24, 2013 14:56

deadegad
rainhog

3 guitars is the way to go! Give the fans the best sounding Stones concert -- after all they are paying for it and quite substantially.
2 guitars have always been the motor of the rolling stones. Never liked when Mick joined them with the 3rd guitar. Hope they won't play Miss you with Taylor because 4 guitars...confused smiley

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 16:38

what is SFTD???

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2013 16:41

...S For The D

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 24, 2013 16:47

Rockman
...S For The D

Sugar For The Daddy?

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: May 24, 2013 20:36

Doesn't Midnight Rambler have a film that goes with it, on the screen, and special cues for the light show? No way they are dropping that if they already paid for it!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 24, 2013 20:42

Really? Rumor? The Chicago shows are a week away. Toronto first. BS.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:49

greenriver
deadegad
rainhog

2 guitars have always been the motor of the rolling stones. Never liked when Mick joined them with the 3rd guitar. Hope they won't play Miss you with Taylor because 4 guitars...confused smiley

Never been a fan of Mick playing. He plays about half of the first verse and then it hangs there......something to be said about Mick really wanting to be Keith......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home