Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick's Meeting with Maggie and How ballet keeps him fit
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:20

Rockman posted this Q interview in his Stones Connections thread -great interview

The Guardian published an excerpt about Thatcher (they omitted the most interesting part how MT did not want to change for anyone) with the title Mick Jagger's admiration for Margaret Thatcher
There is real Mick-hate fest in the comments there. Munichhilton will be happy

come to think of it - Mick deliberately stirred up a hornet's nest and went against the opinion of the majority, it must be quite refreshing for him to see he's still the object of so much scorn after so many years. So maybe Munich souldn't be so happy in the end

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 19:38 by proudmary.

Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:03

Maybe the reason Mick and the Stones were able to move back to England from France was Thatcher's lowering the exorbitant taxes that made them leave?

P.S. Am I the only one who doubts that he really moves 12 miles at every concert? that has to be a gag.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 22:06 by MitchSeaGull.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:06

MitchSeaGull
Mick, his meeting with Maggie when he was 10 years old and how ballet keeps him fit

The star also revealed details of his tough fitness regime, which involves training up to six days a week in a bid to maintain his 28in waist and prepare him for the 12 miles he is estimated to cover during a typical stage show.
He swears by ballet to help his balance, and also studies yoga and pilates.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

T

She looks like Eva Braun.

The witch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 22:07 by GravityBoy.

Date: June 12, 2013 22:08

I love her hat. That style is coming back in fashion . .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:26

MitchSeaGull
Maybe the reason Mick and the Stones were able to move back to England from France was Thatcher's lowering the exorbitant taxes that made them leave?

P.S. Am I the only one who doubts that he really moves 12 miles at every concert? that has to be a gag.

6 miles every hour? Possible, certainly in the early days...probably a bit of a stretch now, but it's definitely at least half that.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:04

I really miss the days when Mick and Keith did ballet together.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:09

Mick did not say a word about ballet, he said "dancing" confused smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:15

Sad to read that one of my music hero's admired the one British politician that I hated so much.

But we always knew it thou.

Date: June 12, 2013 23:19

odean73
Sad to read that one of my music hero's admired the one British politician that I hated so much.

Hello! He also did not say that he admired her.

Date: June 12, 2013 23:20

elunsi
odean73

Hello! He also did not say that he admired her.

Hi,

Talking to her would be enough.

Date: June 12, 2013 23:54

Funny thing about Thatcher, when she was in office she was wildly popular. Over the years people's memories have changed and she is now considered equivalent to a Nazi. Strange. Her years were very prosperous ones for Britain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 23:54 by MitchSeaGull.

Date: June 12, 2013 23:59

treaclefingers
MitchSeaGull

6 miles every hour? Possible, certainly in the early days...probably a bit of a stretch now, but it's definitely at least half that.

FYI, a top-notch tennis player in a two-hour match travels less than 3 miles.

Date: June 13, 2013 00:19

MitchSeaGull
Funny thing about Thatcher, when she was in office she was wildly popular. Over the years people's memories have changed and she is now considered equivalent to a Nazi. Strange. Her years were very prosperous ones for Britain.

This is nonsense.

The majority never voted for her.

Ever.

I was there.

Propsperity?

For the minority, yes.

Date: June 13, 2013 00:26

GravityBoy
MitchSeaGull

This is nonsense.

Ever.

I was there.
Propsperity?

For the minority, yes.

This.thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 13, 2013 00:41

Ding, dong the witch is gone!

Date: June 13, 2013 00:42

Thatcher was anti-communist, and helped to destroy the monster of the USSR - and for that I am grateful to her. But this is my point of view as someone who lived in Russia and was suffering from communism. I understand that it is different for a resident of England
  On the other hand, I think that Putin is much worse than Thatcher but if he will retire and then die I will not dance in the street with joy.

I see the intellectual atmosphere in England is similar to Putin's Russia - people can say only that coincides with the opinion of the majority, or remain silent otherwise they will be ostracized

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2013 00:50

........................................................................................................... Rocks Off - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Date: June 13, 2013 01:03

Nor Thatcher neither Reagan "destroyed" The Soviet Union. If you are to give one person the credit for that (which of course is wrong) you might mention Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachyov. Then you would be closer to the truth.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:06

Stoneage
Nor Thatcher neither Reagan "destroyed" The Soviet Union. If you are to give one person the credit for that (which of course is wrong) you might mention Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachyov. Then you would be closer to the truth.

Don't be stupid

Date: June 13, 2013 01:11

Gorbachyov tried to reform The Soviet Union which, of course, was impossible. That was the beginning of the downfall.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2013 01:16

....pleeeeeeze can we get back to pirouetting....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 13, 2013 01:20

Stoneage
Gorbachyov tried to reform The Soviet Union which, of course, was impossible. That was the beginning of the downfall.

Let's don't start political disputes - it's boring and bv doesn't like it
Mick gave a great interview to Q, there are a lot of interesting things, and dwell on few words about MT - he basically said that he was disgusted by dancing on the corpse of the enemy - is just uninteresting

Date: June 13, 2013 01:21

One thing I don't get with this is: You exercise six days a week and still you have spider legs with, apparently, no muscles on them. How does that happen?

Date: June 13, 2013 01:22

Rockman

Do you think this was what they were doing? in my opinion Maggie was already too old for him

Date: June 13, 2013 01:47

GravityBoy

Ever.

I was there.

Propsperity?

For the minority, yes.

She was actually more popular in America than the UK.

Date: June 13, 2013 09:43

Ah I see... "satisfied" is the new "wildly popular".

Listen.. most of the country hated the witch, she was voted in by the minority who she looked after.

I don't care what your dodgy polls say.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:56

Rockman

Nice one, made me laugh.thumbs up

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:07

Here's what I said on CIF Guardian blog re: Mick. I quite like Mick, but he does have alarming Vicar of Bray tendencies, i.e. going with whosoever is in favour:

"There's a fascinating book, based on Lytton Strachey, entitled Eminent Elizabethans, by Piers Brendon. Brendon effectively interlinks Prince Charles, Rupert Murdoch, Lady Thatcher, and Mick Jagger. These four challenged the establishment, yet, secretly, and eventually, they all became part of the establishment. Thatcher challenged the Tory grandees, who didn't, at first, want a woman leader, Murdoch changed the hegemony of the press, Charles, initially rebelled against his family with speeches condemning architecture, but has since become establishment, and Jagger, too, was a rebellious figure, with his blues-based music, but is now part, too, of the establishment.

Jagger has, like the Vicar of Bray, moved with whatever is trendy, creating an utterly ambivalent image: politically, he was approached by Tom Driberg, circa Satanic Majesties / Beggars Banquet era, to stand for Labour. I think Driberg also had a crush on Jagger, so there may have been an ulterior motive in that respect. Jagger also had admiration for Thatcher, referring to her as "Iron Knickers", but he also had admiration for Tony Blair, and his knighthood was conferred on him by New Labour.

Certainly, Mick Jagger's Vicar of Bray tendencies are also reflected in his music, sometimes to the chagrin of Keith Richards, as per his Life autobiography: the disco music of Emotional Rescue single, and Undercover, certainly spring to mind. It has also led to him having to accede a writers' credit to Ben Mink and k.d.lang for Anybody's Seen My Baby".

Date: June 13, 2013 14:52

Sadly Tony blair was also an admirer of thatcher.

Date: June 13, 2013 14:58

tomcasagranda
Here's what I said on CIF Guardian blog re: Mick. I quite like Mick, but he does have alarming Vicar of Bray tendencies, i.e. going with whosoever is in favour:

"There's a fascinating book, based on Lytton Strachey, entitled Eminent Elizabethans, by Piers Brendon. Brendon effectively interlinks Prince Charles, Rupert Murdoch, Lady Thatcher, and Mick Jagger. These four challenged the establishment, yet, secretly, and eventually, they all became part of the establishment. Thatcher challenged the Tory grandees, who didn't, at first, want a woman leader, Murdoch changed the hegemony of the press, Charles, initially rebelled against his family with speeches condemning architecture, but has since become establishment, and Jagger, too, was a rebellious figure, with his blues-based music, but is now part, too, of the establishment.

Jagger has, like the Vicar of Bray, moved with whatever is trendy, creating an utterly ambivalent image: politically, he was approached by Tom Driberg, circa Satanic Majesties / Beggars Banquet era, to stand for Labour. I think Driberg also had a crush on Jagger, so there may have been an ulterior motive in that respect. Jagger also had admiration for Thatcher, referring to her as "Iron Knickers", but he also had admiration for Tony Blair, and his knighthood was conferred on him by New Labour.

Certainly, Mick Jagger's Vicar of Bray tendencies are also reflected in his music, sometimes to the chagrin of Keith Richards, as per his Life autobiography: the disco music of Emotional Rescue single, and Undercover, certainly spring to mind. It has also led to him having to accede a writers' credit to Ben Mink and k.d.lang for Anybody's Seen My Baby".

You put things together which have nothing to do with each other AT ALL.
From "meeting" Thatcher to K.D. LAng?
50 years of Mick Jagger in 3 sentences?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home