Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger - Q Magazine #324
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:33

Q has released the cover for their forthcoming issue, out May 28.

[news.qthemusic.com]

Some excepts from the interview, posted at Planet Rock:

Mick Jagger talks about The Rolling Stones, playing Glastonbury and Hyde Park, camping, Twitter and how he still has to work to prove himself.

In the exclusive interview with Q magazine they ask why it’s taken so long for The Rolling Stones to play Glastonbury?

"You know we’ve never been asked before,” he said. He is planning on making his first Glastonbury appearance a family affair – setting up camp with his daughters, Jade and Elizabeth. "I’ve got nothing else to do, and I want to spend some time with my family. [Daughters Jade and Elizabeth] bring these yurts. Will I get hassled? Depends where I go. I think everyone will be pretty laid back.”

It creates an intriguing image, the global superstar walking through the Green Fields with his daughters acting as tour guides, but he explains: "I don’t need them to show me the cool places to go. I’m sure I can find some places of my own that are much cooler.”

Rock royalty camping in the mud at Glasto? Has he been camping before?

"Yeah, on the beach with my kids. Alright... in the Caribbean. Yeah, but it’s just the same as Brighton. There’s just less chance of bad weather. We went camping all the time when I was a kid. Camping in France was our family holiday. And we brought baked beans with us, as we didn’t trust that fancy foreign food. We were so totally English.”

Sir Mick reveals he uses social media when it comes to planning their show and finds it useful to ask his Twitter following for input on the set list.

"With Twitter you get so much more feedback. But the kind of people who tweet about songs are not your general fan. Not everyone wants obscure songs. Otherwise, you’ll get everyone else saying. ‘I bought my girlfriend along, and she wants Honky Tonk Women, not the whole of the Satanic Majesties, thanks.’”

The Stones are also performing in Hyde Park this July, having previously played there in 1969. It was guitarist Mick Taylor’s debut gig. Taylor left in the mid-‘70s and was replaced by Ronnie Wood. But he’s back guesting on a couple of songs during these anniversary shows.
"I thought about this yesterday,” he says, "how strange it will be to turn round on stage at Hyde Park and see Mick Taylor there again. But it’s nice. He’s playing very well.”

That afternoon in 1969 Mick famously wore a white dress. "I lost that dress. It vanished years ago,” he says. "I bought two for Hyde Park – a white one and an orange one. The orange one’s in the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, I think.”

Asked if it gets any easier being a Rolling Stone after 50 years he says: "It never gets easier. You’ve always got to prove yourself. You can’t rely on anything you’ve done in the past. Every time you play live, it feels like you’re finding your way again. Then you look at Keith or Charlie and think, ‘Oh it’s OK.’”

Read the full Mick Jagger interview out in Q magazine on sale Tuesday 28th May 2013!

[www.planetrock.com]

Re: Mick Jagger - Q Magazine #324
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:45

Great cover and nice article, thanks for posting it

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:53

Asked if it gets any easier being a Rolling Stone after 50 years he says: "It never gets easier. You’ve always got to prove yourself. You can’t rely on anything you’ve done in the past. Every time you play live, it feels like you’re finding your way again. Then you look at Keith or Charlie and think, ‘Oh it’s OK.’”

That line says everything about his and Keith's relationship...and it makes me really happy, as silly as that seems. smiling smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:57

See, he loves Keef..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:59

...of course he loves Keith ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:03

Yeah I was posting about that earlier today, they've got each other and in spite of all the bickering over the years Mick knows Keith and Charlie will tell it to him like it is, priceless when everyone else around will do everything they can to please you.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:12

latebloomer

That line says everything about his and Keith's relationship...and it makes me really happy, as silly as that seems. smiling smiley

Yeah but does OK suffice with Mick Jagger? Thought he had much higher standards.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:17

uhbuhgullayew
latebloomer

Yeah but does OK suffice with Mick Jagger? Thought he had much higher standards.

What, you expected it's aaaalllright...? There are people who rarely say I love you or I'm sorry, Mick's probably one of them. Doesn't mean he doesn't feel it.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:12

DoomandGloom
See, he loves Keef..

How do you get "love" from "look"? He can't even bring himself to use the word "friend" in the same sentence as Keith, let alone "brother".

I'll believe you're right when they actually socialize. So far on this tour, he's been out to dinner with Ronnie and Charlie--hello?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:20

uhbuhgullayew
latebloomer

I think, yes, he means everything's going to be all right, that he's on the right road, that he's home. Then he can feel free to soar.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:45

Seems like the Commander has the wrong input on "social media". Twitter is mainly used by the establishment (journalists, actors and so on). "Twitter storms" are known, at least here in Sweden, for established (often PC) journalists and politicians making outpourings at the common man. Facebook is more democratic but mainly a social bragging vehichle (mostly for women). The Commander doesn't say a word about explicit Stones forums like this one for example. Maybe he never goes there....

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 24, 2013 05:01

stonehearted
DoomandGloom
See, he loves Keef..

How do you get "love" from "look"? He can't even bring himself to use the word "friend" in the same sentence as Keith, let alone "brother".

I'll believe you're right when they actually socialize. So far on this tour, he's been out to dinner with Ronnie and Charlie--hello?

This is harder to decipher than the old USSR politburo.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 24, 2013 07:22

stonehearted
DoomandGloom
See, he loves Keef..

Keith doesn't eat solid food.smiling bouncing smiley Seriously you saw them on stage, just as the MSG concert when Mick made a tasteless joke and ran to Keith's side, he's his guy in the trenches. It's so painfully obvious, who do you think this song is about?

I've said too much....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 28, 2013 16:58

@QMagazine:

Our new issue, Q324, is in shops today. Here's a little preview - Grab your copy in print or on iPad now: [ow.ly]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2013 17:39

DoomandGloom
See, he loves Keef..

Needs him is probably more accurate...have you heard Jagger solo?
Ughhhh

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2013 18:40

Wasn't too shabby last year with the Foo Fighters, eh ? But yeah he needs him/them...on a different level, the old magic/thrill, not for the music/playing.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 28, 2013 18:44

gotdablouse
Yeah I was posting about that earlier today, they've got each other and in spite of all the bickering over the years Mick knows Keith and Charlie will tell it to him like it is, priceless when everyone else around will do everything they can to please you.

I hope that that also Keith will be told by the others how it is, that could energize him a little bit, I'm not worried about Mick, he is well prepared for the tour, both mentally and physically!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:59

Mick said :
"We went camping all the time when I was a kid. Camping in France was our family holiday."

Mick and his parents stayed at the municipal camping in Amboise ,France. From there Mick would look at the castle that was on the other side of the Loire river. In 1982 Mick bought "Fourchette" which is few miles away from that camping. The Loire Valley is a beautiful region. I lived there many years and I am glad that Mick, among all the places in the world that he could have afforded, picked up the one that he associated to good memories of his family vacations with his parents.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:42

...Mick seems to have moved on...sounds great...too bad his critics on this board can't..

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 04:12

MJ just comes across to me as eternally youthful, but now flavored with wisdom. He's always been intelligent and insightful.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 08:47

Love the interview and the magazine issue is brilliant, but I believe the pictures of Mick are air-brushed. No almost 70 year old man looks that good!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 29, 2013 09:43

desertblues68
Love the interview and the magazine issue is brilliant, but I believe the pictures of Mick are air-brushed. No almost 70 year old man looks that good!

Except Mick Jagger cool smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 29, 2013 11:45

Straycat13
He's always been intelligent and insightful.

AND subtle. As much as I like Keith, he's never been very subtle.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 30, 2013 13:29

More excerpts from Mick Q magazine interview

Mick Jagger's mouth remains firmly shut: Rolling Stone declines to write 'boring' tell-all biography

Rolling Stones veteran Sir Mick Jagger has ruled out writing an autobiography and emulating the literary success of bandmate Keith Richards.

The singer said he had no desire to spill the secrets of his own life or the people around him, and said he found a previous abandoned attempt to be "boring".

Guitarist Richards wrote a celebrated memoir called Life, published in 2010, in which he made a number of unflattering comments about the frontman whom he has known since childhood.

In an interview with the July edition of Q magazine, Sir Mick said he refused to write a book.

"No, I still won't do it. And I've been asked again recently," he said.

Recalling his earlier attempt in 1983, for which he was paid an advance said to be £1 million, Sir Mick said: "I did it for the money in the 80s or early 90s. I started writing it but it was so depressing and boooring having to scrape over your past.

"They wanted me to talk about people close to me and divulge all these secrets. I realised I didn't want to do that. So I stopped and gave the money back."

He and the group are to headline Glastonbury Festival next month, the first time they have appeared at the event, as well as performing two shows in Hyde Park the following month.

Sir Mick's ex-wife Jerry Hall has similarly been paid an advance for her memoir and paid it back after she reconsidered.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Mick Jagger recalls jail stint
Sir Mick Jagger took his prison sentence seriously, even though looking back he thinks it was "a bit silly".
Sir Mick Jagger says his jail stint was "nothing to be cavalier about", even though it had "lighter" moments.
The Rolling Stones rocker and his bandmate Keith Richards were both imprisoned in 1967 on drugs charges. The way they were treated caused an outcry, with claims the justice system was unduly harsh on them due to their celebrity status.
Keith has spoken about the experience on several occasions, with Mick disagreeing with him on how easy the situation was.
"It was nothing to be cavalier about. It was terrifying," he told Q magazine. "But at the same time it did have its macabre, lighter moments. You know, we weren't living in a police state. Everyone wasn't against us. We had a lot of support in the press as well."
Mick was sentenced to three months in jail for possessing four amphetamine pills, but later appealed. The prospect of being locked up is something which has stayed with the 69-year-old star ever since.
"[It was] scary," he recalled. "We were facing the prospect of a few months inside. Looking back it was all a bit... extreme. It was unnecessary and a waste of everyone's time and money. It was a bit silly, really."
The star remains astounded by how successful the rock band has been. They are gearing up to play the iconic Glastonbury music festival in the UK this year, the first time they have done so.
Mick is planning to be there all weekend and will camp with his family. He is taking the show very seriously and hopes to attract new fans while there.
"It never gets easier. You've always got to prove yourself. You can't rely on anything you've done in the past," he warned. "Every time you play live, it feels like you're finding your way again. Then you look at Keith or Charlie [Watts, drummer] and think, 'Oh, it's OK.'"
[www.tv3.ie]

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:02

Love!!

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Mick's Meeting with Maggie and How ballet keeps him fit
Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: June 12, 2013 18:24

Mick, his meeting with Maggie when he was 10 years old and how ballet keeps him fit

The star also revealed details of his tough fitness regime, which involves training up to six days a week in a bid to maintain his 28in waist and prepare him for the 12 miles he is estimated to cover during a typical stage show.
He swears by ballet to help his balance, and also studies yoga and pilates.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 18:32 by MitchSeaGull.

Re: Mick's Meeting with Maggie and How ballet keeps him fit
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2013 18:35

He does all sorts of exercises including kickboxing, but ballet is the headline...

His routine also includes running eight miles a day, swimming, kickboxing and cycling. The star’s workouts are masterminded by Torje Eike, a Norwegian personal trainer whose previous clients include Olympic athletes and national football teams.

Sir Mick said: ‘I train five or six days a week, but I don’t go crazy.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 18:49

Great to read! Thanks!

I look forward to that issue of "Q" arriving at my local Barnes and Noble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 18:59 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:00

Nothing new here. This was all previously published in the recent Q magazine with Mick on the cover. At least the Daily Mail credited the source, even if they are too lazy to do any original reporting of their own.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:11

Ahead of a show, he says his routine involves ‘bed early the night before, about 2am. Up at 10am the next morning.

I thought he went to bed at 11PM...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home