Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick Taylor has saved The Rolling Stones
Date: May 25, 2013 01:42

71Tele
Is it "svelte" today? Somebody needs to send me these word of the day a day in advance. I just can't keep up.

It's "new norwegian" for starving. A detested language in most parts of Norway. Not by me though smiling smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:44

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
Is it "svelte" today? Somebody needs to send me these word of the day a day in advance. I just can't keep up.

It's "new norwegian" for starving. A detested language in most parts of Norway. Not by me though smiling smiley

in that case - i'm very svelte and think i'll cook up some smelt now....

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:00

im happy for mick taylor he has come full circle, but celebrate all stones guitarists richards jones and woody awesome 4some

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:39

dgodkin
im happy for mick taylor he has come full circle, but celebrate all stones guitarists richards jones and woody awesome 4some

5some, with Mr.Jagger.

Posted by: Aasen ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:41

Mick Taylor did not save anything. The Stones saved Mick Taylor. I have seen them 12 times since 1981. And Mick Taylor is a great live contribution in 2013 to the music he played on in the seventies. I hope he will play with the Stones forever.

I have always loved the Stones. I actually met Mick Taylor once, shook his hand and got his autograph. He was a nice guy. But the concert he played then is Nothing (!) compared to what he is doing now with the Stones. I really hope that this will go on. Europe?

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:59

Aasen, agree 100%!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 25, 2013 15:44

...after 15 odd years as a sideliner, seeing the so-called 'Taylorites' discuss both matters of importance ("Mick Taylor!" ) & unimportance ("Mick Taylor!" ) with other people, I hereby proclaim them to be the most uninteresting ànd, at the same time, nerve-wrecking creatures on the planet.
Self-indulgent, endlessly repetitive, impossible to reason with. VERY much like religious fundamentalists, imo.

Poor MT deserves a way better following then this sorry lot...

"Mick Taylor has saved the Rolling Stones"?! Pah-LEASE!! Get off that pathetic high horse, get the wax out of (all of) your ears, go live together on an (otherwise deserted) island somewhere, start a church for all I care; just don't sit next to me at Hyde Park.
And STOP ruining a band that is owned by many, many more.

I'm sorry to put it like this, but: apparantly you (all) really have NO clue - not even of what you're talking about. One can tell by the way you're talking about it.

6-pack of Belgian beer for Aasen, who has put the finger where it should be. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 15:52 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: May 25, 2013 15:50

grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 25, 2013 15:53

RoughJusticeOnYa
...after 15 odd years as a sideliner, seeing the so-called 'Taylorites' discuss both matters of importance ("Mick Taylor!" ) & unimportance ("Mick Taylor!" ) with other people, I hereby proclaim them to be the most uninteresting ànd, at the same time, nerve-wrecking creatures on the planet.
Self-indulgent, endlessly repetitive, impossible to reason with. VERY much like religious fundamentalists, imo.

"Mick Taylor has saved the Rolling Stones"?! Pah-LEASE!! Get off that pathetic high horse, get the wax out of (all of) your ears, go live together on an (otherwise deserted) island somewhere, start a church for all I care; just don't sit next to me at Hyde Park.

I'm sorry to put it like this, but: apparantly you (all) really have NO clue - not even of what you're talking about. One can tell by the way you're talking about it.

6-pack of Belgian beer for Aasen, who has put the finger where it should be. smileys with beer

6 pack? Ha...sounds like the Wood diet you lightweight...

Date: May 25, 2013 15:59

Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa

...depends on the kind of beer you're taking in, smartey...
I said 'Belgian', remember. smoking smiley

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:01

Maybe the title of the thread should be"Mick Taylor Has Made The Stones More Interesting"

Date: May 25, 2013 16:03

RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa

Do you mean like draft horse style? Barley wine stuff?
What are we serving here...even you guys have Bush Beer...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:17

Munichhilton
His Majesty
What is with all the jesus and god shite?

I'll pray for you...don't want you to end up with the same fate of the character you chose...

Pray if you want, but you're only praying to yourself and doing so will have no affect on my life. smiling smiley

Date: May 25, 2013 16:24

His Majesty
Munichhilton
His Majesty

I'll pray for you...don't want you to end up with the same fate of the character you chose...

Pray if you want, but you're only praying to yourself and doing so will have no affect on my life. smiling smiley

I expected more after such a long while...what a let down...anyhoo, you've been blessed...

Date: May 25, 2013 16:26

Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa

I'd say: we start off with one or two bottles of Floreffe: the 'dubbel' (double) - a deep, dark & sweet one (think: brown sugar...), and/or the 'Prima Melior' (the house's special, at the abbey where it's brewed).
We'd have bitter chocolate to go with that, or maybe some crumbling old (best: Dutch) cheese.

Then we'd go for a distinctively lighter touch: a couple of lagers - because Floreffe makes you thirsty. I'd say: the Corsendonck pils (draft) - an extremely elegant, cool, subtle blonde; 2 or 3 - and then Martens pils, from the bottle - a more tasty, 'fuller' one. Again: 2 or 3.
No food here; just drink. (Or maybe som 'salties'.)

Then to finish it of, I'd say the Kasteel bier (draft); that's a knock-out... so just the one. (Maybe some dark bread & Spanish ham to go with that... for this one really needs nibbles!)
Or, as a friendly gesture to our northern neighbours: the best beer I ever tasted, up till now - the La Trappe Quadruppel trappist from Tilburg (Holland)... from dràft. Ab-so-f***ing-lute-ly, UNBELIEVABLY good. (NO food with that!! Blasphemy.)

You'll have a good night of sleep, then.

Date: May 25, 2013 16:28

Munichhilton
His Majesty
Munichhilton
His Majesty

I expected more after such a long while...what a let down...anyhoo, you've been blessed...

No.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:29

Didn't someone say they were going to drink beer?

Date: May 25, 2013 16:30

RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa

I'd say: we start off with one or two bottles of Floreffe: the 'dubbel' (double) - a deep, dark & sweet one (think: brown sugar...), and/or the 'Prima Melior' (the house's special, at the abbey where it's brewed).
We'd have bitter chocolate to go with that, or maybe some crumbling old (best: Dutch) cheese.

Then we'd go for a distinctively lighter touch: a couple of lagers - because Floreffe makes you thirsty. I'd say: the Corsendonck pils (draft) - an extremely elegant, cool, subtle blonde; 2 or 3 - and then Martens pils, from the bottle - a more tasty, 'fuller' one. Again: 2 or 3.

Then to finish it of, I'd say the Kasteel bier (draft); that's a knock-out... so just the one. (Maybe some dark bread & Spanish ham to go with that... for this one really needs nibbles!)
Or, as a friendly gesture to our northern neighbours: the best beer I ever tasted, up till now - the La Trappe Quadruppel trappist from Tilburg (Holland)... from dràft. Ab-so-f***ing-lute-ly, UNBELIEVABLY good. (NO food with that!! Blasphemy.)

Damn!

Sir I stand completely and utterly corrected. I gotta get my lightweight ass to Belgium...

Date: May 25, 2013 16:35

Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa

Damn!

Sir I stand completely and utterly corrected. I gotta get my lightweight ass to Belgium...

Sir, don't take this as a 'correction' - take it as a completion; as it was meant to be.
And be sure to give us a call when you're heading overe here... I know just the bar(-s) for you. winking smiley

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 25, 2013 21:45

RoughJusticeOnYa

We Taylorians have been wandering aimlessly in the musical desert for 40 YEARS waiting and praying for the savior to reappear and lead our favorite band out of atonal dissonance and lead us out of our discontent . And, by God's will, He Hath Arrived, guitar in hand. Though you may look down upon us as unwashed vermin you shall not diminish our joy! For this indeed is "The Second Coming" of our veneered Saint Michael. Peace unto you, and OUT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 21:47 by Bungo.

Date: May 25, 2013 21:59

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:22

Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa
Munichhilton
RoughJusticeOnYa

Damn!

Sounds like a party! Can I come too? smileys with beer

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:35

The people that are buying tickets save these Stones.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 26, 2013 17:32

lazzzybones
Maybe the title of the thread should be"Mick Taylor Has Made The Stones More Interesting"

That's the literal translation of that metaphorical title of the thread for the people who do not have a certain kind of sense of humor, or are pissed off with the positive vibe Taylor has brought to many in this site. Funnily, especially people who are always demanding this all to be "fun", are so much against the joyfulness to be seen here, and do their best to spoil it.... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:12

Doxa
lazzzybones

That's the literal translation of that metaphorical title of the thread for the people who do not have a certain kind of sense of humor, or are pissed off with the positive vibe Taylor has brought to many in this site. Funnily, especially people who are always demanding this all to be "fun", are so much against the joyfulness to be seen here, and do their best to spoil it.... grinning smiley

- Doxa

It cuts both ways Doxa, there are some who have posted here that do seem to take the title literally and that's insulting and stupid imo. It has been a pleasure for me to see the joy that Taylor's role in this tour has brought to so many here and I share in it. I am all about the fun in all aspects of life, otherwise you might as well sit in the dirt and cry all day. And you are right...some do seem to be taking it all too seriously and personally, but then the fans here are passionate about the Stones, and why not? It's not a bad passion to have. cool smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:23

svt22

The Stones without Taylor are already lost. Taylor has at least saved my interest in their current activities.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:26

kleermaker
svt22

The Stones without Taylor are already lost. Taylor has at least saved my interest in their current activities.

That's better than nothing, isn't it?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:41

svt22
kleermaker
svt22

That's better than nothing, isn't it?

It sure is!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 26, 2013 18:44

On this Tour 2013, Mick Taylor's playin' is the only thing that still give me thrill.
Another great version played yesterday with a different solo again for Midnight Rambler.

Hey Mick J, if the Stones can't do it anymore (Ronnie and Keith) what is the @#$%&' trouble to include
your brother in forename in the band again and for the rest of the Tour , it maybe won't please you
but it will please your public and could save the Tour , and last but not least , it will save the legend .
Your wrote it once, you still sing it , let him coming to the emotional rescue !

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 18:44 by Honestman.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home