Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: This can make a grown man cry
Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:00

Yes, but he's dead. drinking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:11

svt22
Yes, but he's dead. drinking smiley

His musical notes aren't.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 25, 2013 23:19

His Majesty
Nicky Hopkins was technically the best musician the stones ever had. winking smiley

But music is not about technics, as we all know. Just like the essence of a woman is not sheer beauty, but sensuality. Because we don't want a extremely beautiful woman that's as cold as ice. We prefer a bit less beautiful woman that's as hot as hell. cool smiley

Date: May 25, 2013 23:37

kleermaker
His Majesty
Nicky Hopkins was technically the best musician the stones ever had. winking smiley

But music is not about technics, as we all know. Just like the essence of a woman is not sheer beauty, but sensuality. Because we don't want a extremely beautiful woman that's as cold as ice. We prefer a bit less beautiful woman that's as hot as hell. cool smiley

Technique is only valid form of comparison, everything else is about preference etc.

Musically, Nicky had it all.

He is, using your angle, an extremely beautiful woman, but also sensual and with an emotionally deep and engaging personality.

All the best telling your wife she's "a bit less beautiful".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 23:40 by His Majesty.

Date: May 25, 2013 23:39

svt22
Mathijs

But I just simply expect better and more from Taylor. Sure it is not 1972 anymore, but I would have thought he would grab this opportunity with both hands to show what he can, to blow Wood off the stage.Show the world he is and was the best musician the Stones ever had. But his lead on Sway and CYHMK sound unrehearsed, uninspired, amateurish. I just think he could have done better.

Mathijs

Painful but the truth - I expected and hoped the same from Taylor, but heard the "trouble" - MR in London 2012 - already. I liked Taylor's CYHMN better on the Fallon show. That includes the entire band there btw.. But the majority here still like Taylor's and the Stones' playing, so what's the drama? This tour is about nostalgia anyway.

Taylor's style of playing on MR is totally different from that on both Sway and Knocking. Even an amateur like me can hear that. On the latter two we can hear well structured solos (so sorry that Jagger truncated the one on Sway!), we hear the old vibrato and the long lines. On MR we can enjoy raw playing that is great in its own terms (to quote a favourite saying of our friend Doxa).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 23:46 by kleermaker.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:11

kleermaker
svt22
Mathijs

But I just simply expect better and more from Taylor. Sure it is not 1972 anymore, but I would have thought he would grab this opportunity with both hands to show what he can, to blow Wood off the stage.Show the world he is and was the best musician the Stones ever had. But his lead on Sway and CYHMK sound unrehearsed, uninspired, amateurish. I just think he could have done better.

Mathijs

Painful but the truth - I expected and hoped the same from Taylor, but heard the "trouble" - MR in London 2012 - already. I liked Taylor's CYHMN better on the Fallon show. That includes the entire band there btw.. But the majority here still like Taylor's and the Stones' playing, so what's the drama? This tour is about nostalgia anyway.

Taylor's style of playing on MR is totally different from that on both Sway and Knocking. Even an amateur like me can hear that. On the latter two we can hear well structured solos (so sorry that Jagger truncated the one on Sway!), we hear the old vibrato and the long lines. On MR we can enjoy raw playing that is great in its own terms (to quote a favourite saying of our friend Doxa).

so sorry that Jagger truncated the one on Sway

It's very bad Jagger that he start singing while Taylor started to get on fire, he should let him finished the solo (I think he wasn't finished yet)...................It looks like this song is pre produces and there is no room for spontaneity or any kind of jamming

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 26, 2013 00:31

NICOS
kleermaker
svt22
Mathijs

Mathijs

so sorry that Jagger truncated the one on Sway

It's very bad Jagger that he start singing while Taylor started to get on fire, he should let him finished the solo (I think he wasn't finished yet)...................It looks like this song is pre produces and there is no room for spontaneity or any kind of jamming

[www.youtube.com]

The band had the choice to either follow Taylor or Jagger. A pity indeed they did the latter.

Date: May 26, 2013 00:33

It was a poor performance so better to follow the road that leads to quickest end.

Date: May 26, 2013 00:36

kleermaker
svt22
Mathijs

Mathijs

I prefer the old Taylor by far Kleer, but that doesn't take away my eyes get a bit wet when I see Taylor with the Stones again. I just wish, well you know what I mean....smiling smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:41

With the biggest ammount of rest between shows, 5 days between 5/20 and tonight, I wonder if they did any further development rehearsing these arrangements.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 26, 2013 00:49

winter
With the biggest ammount of rest between shows, 5 days between 5/20 and tonight, I wonder if they did any further development rehearsing these arrangements.

I was thinking the same thing winter, I'm excited to hear what they do tonight!

Date: May 26, 2013 01:22

latebloomer
winter

I was thinking the same thing winter, I'm excited to hear what they do tonight!

Let's hope the excitement will be much bigger tomorrow/today here.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 26, 2013 01:32

His Majesty

Hopkins was the best session musician they ever had.

Mathijs

Date: May 26, 2013 01:49

Mathijs
His Majesty

Hopkins was the best session musician they ever had.

Mathijs

As much a member as Taylor was though really. New addition or sessioner is much the same thing anyway. tongue sticking out smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home