Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
This can make a grown man cry
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:24

'Knocking' in best sound quality available thus far:

Re: This can make a grown man cry
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 23, 2013 04:06

At first I was afraid...but now I know what you mean...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 23, 2013 04:16

Audio and visuals are slightly out of sync, but it's cool as @#$%&.

Quite ragged mind you, but wonderful. thumbs up

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 23, 2013 04:51

Now it's up to Keef's guitar tech to give him a supremely crunchy overdrive in that amp for this song's first part.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 23, 2013 05:52

kleermaker

help....

can't.....

stop.....

watching....

Date: May 23, 2013 05:55

kleermaker

Stop This! I have cried enough in the last couple days!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:13

yeah sounds good but the video is re-cropped and I miss all the antics... I like the audio on the original version as much as this but it's nice to hear bass. Someone need to edit this from all the versions so our spouses can go crazier as we watch this 10 times a day... Still it is the greatest moment, maybe ever? Well that may go too far but those of us who are thrilled by this certainly are happy... One more point to the quacks who complain about ticket prices, here we have this highlight hours after it's performed for no cost. They could block this and wait for DVD sales but instead it's yours... We have a tour with more fan participation than any in Stones history, they are playing great and treating the stage with respect for the first time in more than 20 years....

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:59

It's good but i still think MT is oversoloing here. It doesn't really sound as it did when they recorded it. Best version in my opinion is MSG 2003 or maybe SDF 2007 when Ronnie plays the solo.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:39

kleermaker

If this does not appear as part of a "live product" (either DVD or album) .... I'm going to be obliged to resort to drastic action of some sort in order to get their friggin' attention ......... suicide in public or something similarly dramatic !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:57

JumpinJeppeFlash
It's good but i still think MT is oversoloing here. It doesn't really sound as it did when they recorded it. Best version in my opinion is MSG 2003 or maybe SDF 2007 when Ronnie plays the solo.

.....and Micks harp solo, he nailed the original.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:07

Yup..just to watch Keith playing a Telecaster is enough for me...and eeeehhh Taylor was fantastic also....really something for the boyssmiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:37

Simply magical. I'm so happy for Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:55

Thrylan
JumpinJeppeFlash

.....and Micks harp solo, he nailed the original.

His harp solo sin't actually so good, not for Mick's ability but just because he used to choose an harmonica tuning which didn't fit so well. Apart from that, Stade De France was great, but for me Staples Center sounds much better!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:05

JumpinJeppeFlash
It's good but i still think MT is oversoloing here.

He indeed does plus after the first few bars he improvises while (imo) he should have duplicated note for note what he played on the studio version.

This is a "signature"/legendary solo so there's really no way to play it differently.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:08

dcba
JumpinJeppeFlash
It's good but i still think MT is oversoloing here.

He indeed does plus after the first few bars he improvises while (imo) he should have duplicated note for note what he played on the studio version.

This is a "signature"/legendary solo so there's really no way to play it differently.

smiling smiley Isn't Mick entitled to his own artistry...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:13

Can it make a dead man come though??

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:48

Aah, now when seeing the whole last "episode" from a different angle, it looks like that Jagger was not trying to stop anything or trying to hurry up the ending, but just enjoying the solo and the groove as all the rest. Oh yes, that happy grin on his face when he he exchanging smiles with Keith is priceless - it is the great music that connects these men, of which they should be proud of, and Taylor sounds like channeling that magic and feeling to them. It looks so natural, in the heat of the moment.

And yeah, that natural crowd response in the end of the solo can make a grown man cry alone.

I guess each one in that arena, both on stage and in the audience, knew they were witnessing - or being in the middle of - something historical.

By the way, I think is not too wild guess that that solo was the most waited guitar solo ever in the history of the Stones. There was decades invested in that. I understand that how nervous the key players were, and how reliefed they all were when it all turned out to be fine - or awesome actually. I guess the same with audience response.

- Doxa

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:57

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. The highlight of all the shows so far.

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: May 23, 2013 13:04

Thanks for posting! Hope they play this at Hyde park!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2013 13:14

I've seen Taylor doing the solo - or the jam part - a couple of times with different bands, and usually it has been terrific. Each time different. And each time I remember thinking, it sounds great, but if...

I also have seen The Stones doing the song live. In Glasgow 2003 it was the highlight of the show for me, and especially Ronnie's solo made me a huge impact. Together with Mick's harmonica. The idea of having Taylor there sounded so unreal that it didn't even occurred to my mind. But when the band decided then during Licks tour to play the tune I am rather sure that all they were thinking of a certain player - how would he do that, and since he is not there, how to do it other way. The solo has Mick Taylor written in it, if any solo have. But like I said, Ronnie did a great job in those circumstances (much better than I think Jagger (in vocals) and Richards did. But if...

But now all of that comes together... it is almost surreal...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 13:17 by Doxa.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 23, 2013 13:32

Munichhilton
At first I was afraid...but now I know what you mean...

Hush now. No need to feel afraid, Cap'n. We'll get SwayStones or this Edith lady to hold your hand.

You're gonna be okay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 13:48 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: May 23, 2013 14:17

Doxa
I've seen Taylor doing the solo - or the jam part - a couple of times with different bands, and usually it has been terrific. Each time different. And each time I remember thinking, it sounds great, but if...

I also have seen The Stones doing the song live. In Glasgow 2003 it was the highlight of the show for me, and especially Ronnie's solo made me a huge impact. Together with Mick's harmonica. The idea of having Taylor there sounded so unreal that it didn't even occurred to my mind. But when the band decided then during Licks tour to play the tune I am rather sure that all they were thinking of a certain player - how would he do that, and since he is not there, how to do it other way. The solo has Mick Taylor written in it, if any solo have. But like I said, Ronnie did a great job in those circumstances (much better than I think Jagger (in vocals) and Richards did. But if...

But now all of that comes together... it is almost surreal...

- Doxa

NOTHING MORE TO SAY...............AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 23, 2013 14:32

Silver Dagger

Silvergrinning smiley

I was waiting for that one and you did it!

The answer is yes of course it can.

smileys with beer

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 23, 2013 14:46

Smokin' piece of history. Really hope they play this at every concert so we can all witness it. Like others this is what I've dreamed of for so many years. Almost hard to believe it's reality.

Date: May 23, 2013 14:53

CYHMK effects ...

let's celebrate...

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:02

Oh yes, so good, fantastic one. So happy, because like a dream, quite unexpected... Ronnie at 5:16 : "yes man, Mick taylor got it" smiling smiley

A great moment of musqiue, celebration and reunion.

Childhood memories too ... for the Stones !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 16:52 by roby.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:02

71Tele
kleermaker

help....

can't.....

stop.....

watching....

Exactly. This view is stunning. The war and debate is over and over by a knockout! Where is Sam Cutler when you need him - again, the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:27

Hehe, don't mind watching it again but I prefer the original uncropped version and I also like the original video shot from the left since you can the interaction differently as well as Charlie's pounding of the drums!

There was certainly a lot riding on that song but I'm still amazed to see Taylor just casually strolling around and playing these wonderful licks after 40 years of playing in "crappy" bars (saw him at The Mean Fiddler in '92 and the solo was cool too but it "meant" less of course)...dude's "special"!

I think it's great he didn't play the recorded solo note for note, the big acts almost never improvise (or change the arrangements) on stage and I think it's a shame when the talent is there. That's another "plus" brought by our man Taylor!

Date: May 23, 2013 15:36

kleermaker
Silver Dagger

Silvergrinning smiley

I was waiting for that one and you did it!

The answer is yes of course it can.

smileys with beer

I hope you're not speaking from the grave there kleer! smileys with beer

Date: May 23, 2013 15:38

Shawn20
71Tele
kleermaker

help....

can't.....

stop.....

watching....

Exactly. This view is stunning. The war and debate is over and over by a knockout! Where is Sam Cutler when you need him - again, the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world.

You said it Shawn. smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home