Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:34

I gotta say that in comparison to Bigger Bang, they NAILED Sway. Grrrrreat Version. Hope somebody will bring up Far Away Eyes soon.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:36

muenke
andrewt
muenke
I give a shit about those who still complain ... I´m lucky not to be a musician, just an old fan with bad ears, not able to hear those guys f&$§ing up on stage! Keep on rolling!smileys with beer

I've been reading this thread and I really can't see anything that I'd call complaining. At all. It's a Straw Man. Getting (or gepping) everyone's different take on this is the interesting part and noone should feel they need to censor themselves if they are sharing their honest feelings and observations.

OK, I think you are right with that one ... actually I can´t stand any criticism concerning these songs, I´m just so excited! You know, the thing with the dream come true ....

It's totally cool to see the prodigal son Taylor back in the fold, without question.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:36

This is the most fun 'live updates' thread since the MJ whitehouse gig.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:39

Awesome to hear MT in CYHMN & Sway, awesome to hear him again as a stone in more songs. If they continue adding him I will try to get money from any place in order to see them. Thanks Jagger for making this possible

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:40

CYHMK: Pure, unadulterated joy! You can feel the crowd excitement as the solo builds, and see the joy on the faces of the Stones. One of the all-time best moments of the band onstage - ever.

Sway: Ronnie takes the first solo, ok. This is still in rough shape, something rushed about the way Mick J. sings it, but still great to hear and see. At least they tried it.

Thanks guys!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:41

CYHMK sounded good! So cool to see MT on that. Never thought I would see it.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:43

At least since this show I'm really frustrated that I won't see them on this tour. First time for me since 1970.
Some of those song videos gave me shivers again . .

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:45

Stones Blah
Let that boy play guitar!!!!!!

grinning smiley

That's right, Jagger cut him off too early on Sway.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:50

Being overlooked, unless I'm wrong, is that we NEVER got Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking live in the Taylor era. I'm quite happy and satisfied to have these added to the setlist for a while. It sounds like they could use a little more work to get them red hot. But there's some other Taylor-centric songs like Time Waits For No One if they want to mix it up even more down the road.

As long as we're shooting for the moon, I hope Bill is over his hurt, and might be open to an extended slot on stage with the boys in Europe. I just can't get into Darryl. I keep waiting for the Rolling Stones 'there' to be there and it just never is.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:53

24FPS
Being overlooked, unless I'm wrong, is that we NEVER got Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking live in the Taylor era.

Due to paper reports, describing CYHMK even before Sticky Fingers even was released, we know for sure that it was performed at the first Newcastle show of 1971. I started a thread about it, 2 years ago.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:56

Erik_Snow
24FPS
Being overlooked, unless I'm wrong, is that we NEVER got Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking live in the Taylor era.

Due to paper reports, describing CYHMK even before Sticky Fingers even was released, we know for sure that it was performed at the first Newcastle show of 1971. I started a thread about it, 2 years ago.

Still I have my doubts about that.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:57

Hanns Rainsch
I gotta say that in comparison to Bigger Bang, they NAILED Sway. Grrrrreat Version. Hope somebody will bring up Far Away Eyes soon.

Definitely better than ABB.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:59

Erik_Snow
24FPS

wild horses, too

Date: May 21, 2013 19:01

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
24FPS

wild horses, too

Yes, and that was also performed in Manchester

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:01

DandelionPowderman
I'd go this far and say that this CYHMK is perhaps THE best Stones moment ever.

You are being silly now.

Date: May 21, 2013 19:02

kleermaker
Erik_Snow
24FPS

Then you haven't read that thread, or haven't seen the paper reports I quoted, that were taken from Jean Marie's 1971 UK Tour book

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:02

Great fun.... Taylor brings it up a notch taking risks inside these solos, if you don't like this your rooting for the wrong band. Funny things I noticed, Jagger grabbing the mic during Taylor's solo on "Knockin'" thinking he may have direct the ending, he's almost in a panic when Taylor goes "Arabian" but Keith and Darrel know what's up and their smiles are enormous. Bobby and Taylor nail the ending as soloists should, there was no need to panic after all..... In Sway watch Wood's guitar tech crank the amp volume before his terrific slide solo, when Taylor is on the stage the guitar playing gets better from everyone, that's what great musicians do for one another. Jagger cuts off Taylor but he's understandably nervous to hand anyone the reigns on stage. Chuck was terrific on both as was Darrell. Last but not least Charlie's snare hits and groove in CYHMK was the most outstanding thing I saw in what appears to have been a night of true inspiration...Thank you Stones and a big thanks to BV for making this history available at our fingertips....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 19:04 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:04

kleermaker
Erik_Snow
24FPS

But didn't B. Keys talk about it in his book too?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:08

Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
24FPS

wild horses, too

Yes, and that was also performed in Manchester

taylor blew the doors off with some dynamite solos....

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:08

Are we really 18 pages deep with little to no reports from anyone who actually attended the show?? I want to hear from folks who were there how everything was received!

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:14

F U C K !

They sound exciting!

Taylor sounds hot and he fires up the whole band. It looks like genuine surprise on everybody's part. "Hey, we can still make MUSIC instead of just performing"

Heartwarming to see and hear the audience is actually very interested in these songs and in the solos. Hope they take the time to keep playing these so they will get even better.

I love that they gave Bernard some real congas to play instead of the Korg Triton they forced him to play fake congas on during Licks.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:20

Hi Thijs! Did you see Bitch with Dave Grohl? Amazing energy again!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:21

thijs1981
F U C K !

They sound exciting!

Taylor sounds hot and he fires up the whole band. It looks like genuine surprise on everybody's part. "Hey, we can still make MUSIC instead of just performing"

Heartwarming to see and hear the audience is actually very interested in these songs and in the solos. Hope they take the time to keep playing these so they will get even better.

I love that they gave Bernard some real congas to play instead of the Korg Triton they forced him to play fake congas on during Licks.

You nailed it! Making great music means taking some risks. It paid off especially in CYHMK. And the crowd loved it! More please!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:21

barbabang
Hi Thijs! Did you see Bitch with Dave Grohl? Amazing energy again!
There's one in every crowd.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:23

CousinC
kleermaker
Erik_Snow
24FPS

But didn't B. Keys talk about it in his book too?

I think I'm in denial because I never heard it.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:23

Best Sway version ever... YES.

DandelionPowderman
roby
Yeah, Mick to Keith : How he is @#$%&' goooodddddd.
Yes mate

smiling smiley

Time for the words again, roby - I'll start, you'll finish:

Best ....

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:24

71Tele
thijs1981
F U C K !

They sound exciting!

You nailed it! Making great music means taking some risks. It paid off especially in CYHMK. And the crowd loved it! More please!

I second that!!

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:24

Don't know who does their FOH sound for them these days, but it works very well in this case that the approach is unsubtle. Solo? Faders up to 11!

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:25

My goodness. Taylor shows us in such a relaxed mood what we missed over the years.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:27

Frig me. Spine tingling?

Really, who would have thought three years ago that the Stones would be this great?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home