Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: nashville ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:40

So was Mick T the "special guest" just for this show and does it mean that for the next few shows he will be relegated to Rambler and Satisfaction again. I hope not but i have a sneaking feeling that this may have been a one-off and they will revert back to the "what the @#$%& have they got to do with the Stones" guests.

Interesting and well balanced review from Dean Goodman on this site where he picks up on the body language between Mick & Keith. I hope they are not in the middle of one of their famous spats. Would be a shame if petty egos eroded what is turning out to be one of the bands strongest tours since 1999.

Andy

Date: May 21, 2013 16:41

sounds like a great show, very cool for the folks who attended.

Posted by: Thrylan ()

Critical opinions are too often confused with hate. In my opinion. winking smiley

Posted by: Mel Belli ()

Thrylan
Mel Belli
muenke
Mel Belli
svt22
Touching but very disappointing. No offense intended, but this is really a bridge too far to me. I'm the biggest Taylor era fan here, but I cannot face it anymore. They shouldn't do this.sad smiley

You're freaking nuts, dude.

No, he´s a musician, I guess ....confused smiley

So am I.

And the moments where the tunes are a bit "spongy," it's not because of Taylor. He shines on both.

I too am a musician and admittedly it makes it harder to just listen. While there is room for improvement, it's a hell of a good start.

Sure. "Rambler" the first night in London was shaky at times, too. By the second night, Taylor settled in nicely and it's been off to the races ever since.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:42

PLEASE Rolling Stones KEEP this set list exactly as it is for BOSTON!!! PLEASE!!! I would piss my pants to see MT play on 4 songs, especially SWAY and CYHMK!! OMG!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:43

nashville
what is turning out to be one of the bands strongest tours since 1999.

Andy

Whoa...don't get carried away...That was a great sight last night and thankfully worked out pretty well for them...but the tour?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:45

Thrylan
Mel Belli
muenke
Mel Belli
svt22
Touching but very disappointing. No offense intended, but this is really a bridge too far to me. I'm the biggest Taylor era fan here, but I cannot face it anymore. They shouldn't do this.sad smiley

No, he´s a musician, I guess ....confused smiley

So am I.

And the moments where the tunes are a bit "spongy," it's not because of Taylor. He shines on both.

I too am a musician and admittedly it makes it harder to just listen. While there is room for improvement, it's a hell of a good start.

I play the guitar for my kids, that´s all, but I agree 1000%! IMO you can´t judge this from a pure musicial point of view, hey, this is MT and the Stones and they haven´t played together for about 1000 years! Concerning this, this is just GREAT and makes me come ....winking smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:47

Thrylan
andrewt
sabata
Sway

Jagger needs to belt this one out more I feel. The song also just kinda....ends without ever really taking off. Not as mind blowing as CYHMK but it's Sway with Mick Taylor so bonus points right there. (Woody's solo ain't half bad either)

Yeah I am with you......two things jump out, first, on CYHMK, maybe I am not getting clean sound, but for the first 30 seconds or so of the jam, is Chuck afraid to let Keith play? His keyboard is dominating what should be a nice tasty Keith thing, I can barely hear Keith at all! Secondly, I think Mick needs to go listen to Sway, his vocal sounds rushed; After cuttings tempos on everything, they get a laid back song and MJ can't wait to get through it. The inter was a little rough, but if they stick with this more adventurous setlist, this may turn out to be a very solid tour. Maybe MJ is threatened by all the MT love? Last night on the west coast aside, they obviously made a hard right turn here, no guest, shaking the setlist WAY up, MT three songs plus the fan vote song? Note to MJ, maybe your band is PLENTY good enough and you underestimated the fan base........we don't want to hear Grrrr, want want live Stones! Let's hope this is a trend.

Nice observations. I certainly hope noone considers sharing thoughts like this "complaining". If they do they need to get their head examined. It's this kind of analysis that makes a comment thread interesting. More, please.

Munichhilton
nashville

Andy

Whoa...don't get carried away...That was a great sight last night and thankfully worked out pretty well for them...but the tour?

Cautious optimism, the tour is young....

Posted by: Tonyz ()

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not All Down the Line!!!!

Now I'm almost guaranteed not to get it on Saturday.

Sway, All Down the Line, You Got the Silver, CYHMK... god I hate LA.

Munichhilton
nashville

Andy

Yikes indeed!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:49

I like it very much. Taylor gives these songs exactly what has been missing since they started playing them again.

Posted by: svt22 ()

Mel Belli

I'm not nuts.

No, he doesn't shine musical wise.. He's a shade of his former self. I'm too much of a Taylor fan, I'm too familiar with his playing to deny it. But to see him shining and having fun as a guitarist on stage, that's great, but something completely different.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

bonddm
Ronnie Wood himself is a huge fan of Mick Taylor.I am absolutely rapt for all the Taylor fans that were at the gig.I reckon I would have started levitating if I was there!

Oh dear, Wood is a Taylorite...that's going to ruffle some feathers isn't it?

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:51

Notice on the printed set list that beside SWAY it reads (by request)?

Maybe the Stones do read IORR.....

Date: May 21, 2013 16:51

mnewman505

Heart warming. Now if we can just get Mick and Keith to snuggle up to one another like this. All would be right in the world, wouldn't it? At least all would be right in Stones world.

Date: May 21, 2013 16:52

Erik_Snow
gotdablouse
One of the best Stones' moment ever and the bitching and over-analyzing kicks in almost immediately, sad, sad, sad...

1 out of 10 here doesn't like it and that bothers you? It's a messageboard for crying out loud...not a cheerboard
I think some of you are dying to see the first critical post in threads like this, so you can whine about with the usual "here comes the bitching and over-analysing blah blah"

thumbs up tell it like it is...Analyzing is good, it means there's something worth analyzing.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:55

Bobby Keys is better then sliced bread

Date: May 21, 2013 16:58

andrewt
Erik_Snow
gotdablouse
One of the best Stones' moment ever and the bitching and over-analyzing kicks in almost immediately, sad, sad, sad...

1 out of 10 here doesn't like it and that bothers you? It's a messageboard for crying out loud...not a cheerboard
I think some of you are dying to see the first critical post in threads like this, so you can whine about with the usual "here comes the bitching and over-analysing blah blah"

thumbs up tell it like it is...Analyzing is good, it means there's something worth analyzing.

That's right. But IORR is more than just a message board. It's also a cheer board, and a whine board. But most importantly it's direct link to the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:00

So lovely to see the obvious affection between Ronnie and Mick Taylor. Ronnie must have a huge heart to be happy about all the (deserved) attention and praise Mick is getting.

Date: May 21, 2013 17:02

muenke
I give a shit about those who still complain ... I´m lucky not to be a musician, just an old fan with bad ears, not able to hear those guys f&$§ing up on stage! Keep on rolling!smileys with beer

I've been reading this thread and I really can't see anything that I'd call complaining. At all. It's a Straw Man. Getting (or gepping) everyone's different take on this is the interesting part and noone should feel they need to censor themselves if they are sharing their honest feelings and observations.

andrewt
sabata
Sway

Jagger needs to belt this one out more I feel. The song also just kinda....ends without ever really taking off. Not as mind blowing as CYHMK but it's Sway with Mick Taylor so bonus points right there. (Woody's solo ain't half bad either)

Respectfully disagree...both Mick's were excellent on this one.

Posted by: Loudei ()

JESUS - WHAT GREAT CYHMK SOLO - MICK TAYLOR YOU ARE A FREAKING ROLLING STONE!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:03

I do not know if people realize the chance they have to listen to Sway with Taylor. I like Ronnie's solo but MT one gives me the thrill (however this is a crappy sound). More shows like that and a soundboard soon I hope.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:03

svt22
Mel Belli

I'm not nuts.

No, he doesn't shine musical wise.. He's a shade of his former self. I'm too much of a Taylor fan, I'm too familiar with his playing to deny it. But to see him shining and having fun as a guitarist on stage, that's great, but something completely different.

Well, both my ears and my eyes enjoyed it. Being critical is a good thing, but to me the emotion is quintessential. And well, here's the emotion to see and to hear as well. I leave the always very interesting analysing to others this time because I'm not objective enough, carried away by emotions. And I love it.

Who had ever thought to see Taylor play Sway and Knocking with the Stones, two great songs he even didn't play with them on stage during his tenure in the band! Who would have thought he would ever play with them again anyway (and be audible too!). He did, on Plundered, then on Rambler and now also on Sway and Knocking. Now it's emotion time for me. I even love it to hear the crowd respond. Fantastic. The Stones have always been about emotion to me. And the emotion is there again. And how.

Date: May 21, 2013 17:05

andrewt
Thrylan
andrewt
sabata
Sway

Yeah I am with you......two things jump out, first, on CYHMK, maybe I am not getting clean sound, but for the first 30 seconds or so of the jam, is Chuck afraid to let Keith play? His keyboard is dominating what should be a nice tasty Keith thing, I can barely hear Keith at all! Secondly, I think Mick needs to go listen to Sway, his vocal sounds rushed; After cuttings tempos on everything, they get a laid back song and MJ can't wait to get through it. The inter was a little rough, but if they stick with this more adventurous setlist, this may turn out to be a very solid tour. Maybe MJ is threatened by all the MT love? Last night on the west coast aside, they obviously made a hard right turn here, no guest, shaking the setlist WAY up, MT three songs plus the fan vote song? Note to MJ, maybe your band is PLENTY good enough and you underestimated the fan base........we don't want to hear Grrrr, want want live Stones! Let's hope this is a trend.

Nice observations. I certainly hope noone considers sharing thoughts like this "complaining". If they do they need to get their head examined. It's this kind of analysis that makes a comment thread interesting. More, please.

THANK YOU! Yes many do consider it complaing, but they evidently miss how many time in posts this morning that I have stated I am happy and think they're going in the right direction. One cannot deny that this show is a complete departure from the special guest, 2 MT song, greatest hits/warhouse product on previous shows. If I had attended one of the previous shows I would be pissed and jealous. Sometimes catching them early in a tour gives you a great "experiment "

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:05

Bliss
So lovely to see the obvious affection between Ronnie and Mick Taylor. Ronnie must have a huge heart to be happy about all the (deserved) attention and praise Mick is getting.

thumbs up

Date: May 21, 2013 17:06

JumpinJackOLantern
andrewt
Erik_Snow
gotdablouse

That's right. But IORR is more than just a message board. It's also a cheer board, and a whine board. But most importantly it's direct link to the Rolling Stones.

As long as the voices don't tell you to start fires I suppose it's harmless.

Date: May 21, 2013 17:08

andrewt
Thrylan
andrewt
sabata
Sway

THANK YOU! Yes many do consider it complaing, but they evidently miss how many time in posts this morning that I have stated I am happy and think they're going in the right direction. One cannot deny that this show is a complete departure from the special guest, 2 MT song, greatest hits/warhouse product on previous shows. If I had attended one of the previous shows I would be pissed and jealous. Sometimes catching them early in a tour gives you a great experiment and sometimes, not so much, just the way the Stone rolls!"""experiment" "

Date: May 21, 2013 17:10

The idea of buying yet another Live CD/DVD of latter day stones was really questionable up until this show.

I'll be in line now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home