Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:13

THIS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MICK...............SHE CRIED "MORE! MORE! MORE!"..................

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:13

The Mez
Heavenly bliss big WOW!!! Whats next Love in Vain, Little Queenie.... MEZ

thumbs up

Mick Taylor in CYHMK + Sway + Love in Vain + Midnight Rambler + Sympathy

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:16

wow great Taylor! Mick is telling Ronnie look and learn to play ...

How about SAD SAD SAD + Mixed Emotions with Mick Taylor playing Sticky Fingers sound like guitar lead? winking smiley

Posted by: RG ()

sabata
Sway

GREAT GREAT I AM IN HEAVEN!! What a song with Mick. Hope they will do this one in Hyde Park..

At 00.59 love the touch of Mick J on Mick T.

Posted by: ironbelly ()

Ok. But where HD pro shot video and Hi-res stereo soundboard? winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 15:20

ironbelly
Ok. But where HD pro shot video and Hi-res stereo soundboard? winking smiley

I really hope there will be a blu-ray including at least these songs with Mick Taylor playing...

Posted by: BlondeOnBonds ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:20

An instant classic, points for the novelty but they pulled it off. 5 times through and it keeps getting better.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:21

rollingon
The Mez
Heavenly bliss big WOW!!! Whats next Love in Vain, Little Queenie.... MEZ

thumbs up

Mick Taylor in CYHMK + Sway + Love in Vain + Midnight Rambler + Sympathy

Could be some more Blues as Chicago is soon.......

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:22

Touching but very disappointing. No offense intended, but this is really a bridge too far to me. I'm the biggest Taylor era fan here, but I cannot face it anymore. They shouldn't do this.sad smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:25

Wow..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:25

This is torture - I can't watch YouTube at work....

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:27

andrewt
sabata
Sway

Jagger needs to belt this one out more I feel. The song also just kinda....ends without ever really taking off. Not as mind blowing as CYHMK but it's Sway with Mick Taylor so bonus points right there. (Woody's solo ain't half bad either)

Yeah I am with you......two things jump out, first, on CYHMK, maybe I am not getting clean sound, but for the first 30 seconds or so of the jam, is Chuck afraid to let Keith play? His keyboard is dominating what should be a nice tasty Keith thing, I can barely hear Keith at all! Secondly, I think Mick needs to go listen to Sway, his vocal sounds rushed; After cuttings tempos on everything, they get a laid back song and MJ can't wait to get through it. The inter was a little rough, but if they stick with this more adventurous setlist, this may turn out to be a very solid tour. Maybe MJ is threatened by all the MT love? Last night on the west coast aside, they obviously made a hard right turn here, no guest, shaking the setlist WAY up, MT three songs plus the fan vote song? Note to MJ, maybe your band is PLENTY good enough and you underestimated the fan base........we don't want to hear Grrrr, want want live Stones! Let's hope this is a trend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 15:35 by Thrylan.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:30

There is that point during the Taylor solo where Mick, Keith and Ronnie are all just watching Taylor and Charlie's got this smile on his face like they know there knocking it out of the park. Gave me chills watching it!

Date: May 21, 2013 15:30

Thrylan
andrewt
sabata
Sway

Jagger needs to belt this one out more I feel. The song also just kinda....ends without ever really taking off. Not as mind blowing as CYHMK but it's Sway with Mick Taylor so bonus points right there. (Woody's solo ain't half bad either)

Yeah I am with you......two things jump out, first, on CYHMK, maybe I am not getting clean sound, but for the first 30 seconds or so of the jam, is Chuck afraid to let Keith play? His keyboard is dominating what should be a nice ratty tasty Keith thing, I can barely hear Keith at all! Secondly, I think Mick needs to go listen to Sway, his vocal sounds rushed; After cuttings tempos on everything, they get a laid back song and MJ can't wait to get through it. The inter was a little rough, but if they stick with this more adventurous setlist, this may turn out to be a very solid tour. Maybe MJ is threatened by all the MT love? Last night on the west coast aside, they obviously made a hard right turn here, no guest, shaking the setlist WAY up, MT three songs plus the fan vote song? Note to MJ, maybe your band is PLENTY good enough and you underestimated the fan base........we don't want to hear Grrrr, want want live Stones! Let's hope this is a trend.

I think it is Mick Taylor playing octave jazz-chords there, not Chuck. Keith plays the opening passage (the first riff after they calm down) alone.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:31

One of the best Stones' moment ever and the bitching and over-analyzing kicks in almost immediately, sad, sad, sad...

Date: May 21, 2013 15:34

gotdablouse
One of the best Stones' moment ever and the bitching and over-analyzing kicks in almost immediately, sad, sad, sad...

I'd go this far and say that this CYHMK is perhaps THE best Stones moment ever.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:34

That is truly breathtaking...I so hope they keep this in the set list. Mr Jagger, if you are reading this please use Mick Taylor more, it will go down as the tour to end all tours and it would be a fitting tribute to The Rolling Stones - The Greatest Rock n Roll band in the world. We don;t need special guests on guitars, just unleash Taylor and let it rock!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:35

gotdablouse

1 out of 10 here doesn't like it and that bothers you? It's a messageboard for crying out loud...not a cheerboard
I think some of you are dying to see the first critical post in threads like this, so you can whine about with the usual "here comes the bitching and over-analysing blah blah"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 15:40 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:36

Ok.. both songs good to hear, great with MT !!
Jagger has finally sorted his vocals out to suit both songs and his vocal limitations.
CYHMK - sloppy as u would expect but a good attempt
SWAY - intro a bit ordinary but Taylor definately shines on this one.
MT lost his way a bit on CYHMK with timing but took control on Sway.
Basically, dont play these 2 songs without MT.. he has burned life into them and the stage... great presence.

Date: May 21, 2013 15:37

crumbling_mice
That is truly breathtaking...I so hope they keep this in the set list. Mr Jagger, if you are reading this please use Mick Taylor more, it will go down as the tour to end all tours and it would be a fitting tribute to The Rolling Stones - The Greatest Rock n Roll band in the world. We don;t need special guests on guitars, just unleash Taylor and let it rock!

thumbs up 100%

Date: May 21, 2013 15:38

Eleanor Rigby
Ok.. both songs good to hear, great with MT !!
Jagger has finally sorted his vocals out to suit both songs and his vocal limitations.
CYHMK - sloppy as u would expect but a good attempt
SWAY - intro a bit ordinary but Taylor definately shines on this one.
MT lost his way a bit on CYHMK with timing but took control on Sway.
Basically, dont play these 2 songs without MT.. he has burned life into them and the stage... great presence.

What was sloppy on CYHMK?? Sway was sloppy, you mean surely?

Taylor didn't lose anything, he blended in improvised parts, instead of playing the album solo. A good thing, imo.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:40

A big Thank you to the GREATEST Rock band EVER!!!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:40

I love the way Mick is singing on Sway. More singing less screaming. Can't believe they went from one song with Taylor to three. Best setlist of the tour easily. Can't wait to hear more reviews!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:41

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" - The Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor - Staples

[youtu.be]

I'm pasting it in, proudmary - thanks!

Just stunning and awesome! Please keep this one in the setlist, PLEASE!

Posted by: BlondeOnBonds ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:44

They are a different band with Taylor; higher energy, more fire, and a little swagger under the sails. Had no plans to see them again but will now for sure.

Posted by: Thrylan ()

Erik_Snow
gotdablouse

1 out of 10 here doesn't like it and that bothers you? It's a messageboard for crying out loud...not a cheerboard

WOW! Read again. I am happy, it's called "criticism", this is great, but it is a beginning. I am not one who puts too much stock into the affect of messageboards, but again, with the hard turn they made, and the abundance of criticism about setlists, special guests and the lack of MT and MT gems, it does make you wonder. I don't run a sunshine pump here, I am a longtime fan, who is no longer dreading setlists and videos......I think we're onto something and I am HAPPY! But honest, sorry if that offends.

flacnvinyl
I love the way Mick is singing on Sway. More singing less screaming. Can't believe they went from one song with Taylor to three. Best setlist of the tour easily. Can't wait to hear more reviews!

Right on, Drake! He has found back to the best phrasing of the original, imo thumbs up

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:45

rollingon
crumbling_mice

thumbs up 100%

Amazing.

This band still has heart, soul & guts!

Can't wait to see them in Boston & Philly

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:45

proudmary
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" - The Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor - Staples

[youtu.be]

The audience just explodes at about the 7 minute mark! Taylor is a Beast when he plays with the Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home