Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:38

Wow and wow. F--king awesome heavenly show

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:42

stonesrule
Johnny, Thanks for the Great Photos...PERFECT FOR A STONES LIVE ALBUM!

Indeed, thanks for posting them - it would be ever so cool if you could list the photographers at the same time!
(I'm grateful that you post the links so we can research it ourselves, but I'm afraid most people don't bother.)
Those fantastic pit shots with the "scribbly frame" effect are apparently Rob Strotman's work,
and several of them sure are fine. Thanks & praises!

Edit: Ohhh now on page 7 I see the gallant byebyejohnny did credit Rob Strotman - that means a lot. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 11:47 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:49

proudmary
Doxa
proudmary

I wonder where all those people who claimed that Jagger had planned the whole tour specifically as punishment for Richards?

Sorry proudmary, but I lost your logic here.

By the way, what is your take on this Taylor thing? I recall not hearing it. Not a bad thing from a Jaggerian point of view, huh?

- Doxa

I honestly do not understand how can there be a controversy over Taylor participation - this is pure joy and delight. More - better! Sway is one of my all time favorite songs, I hope they did it justice.
concerning what I say about "punishment" - there was a long discussion how Mick brings guests only to punish and humiliate Richards - and if you do not believe you can check Anaheim-2 May 18 thread

I can explain the controversy. It is based on the numerous people here who delight in calling themselves Tayloties, and part of their mantra, their shctick, is to hate anything and everything that has to do with Ronnie Wood. Another part of their schtick is to deny the they are bashing Ronnie AS THEY ARE BASHING HIM and as they bash any albums he played on.

If not for this fundamentally toxic, anti-Stones attitude that self proclaimed Taylorites have spewed ever since I started reading and posting here on IORR I never would have imagined that anyone not liking any decade of the Stones. But I guess some simpltons are ONLY able to mentally process having one extra player in the Stones at a time. So they pick Taylor, proudly callthemselves Taylorites and bash on Ronnie and any albums he played on.

Personally I love every Stones album and every player who has been in the Stones.

I do take a dim view of quitters in this world because I despise the typical quitter attitude, no matter the situation. I get sick of self-entitiled quiter who quit and walk away and then dreams it is ok to stroll back in later and pick right up where they left off, without even pondering where the situation would be if everyone had quit when the quitter quit.... there would be nothing left to come back to.

The people who dDID NOT quit are the real heros, they are the ones who held it all together when the quitter quit, and left it up to others to do the job they couldnt.

I love all the albums Brian was on. I love all the Stones albums Taylor was on. I love all the Stones albums Wood was on. I love The Stones and I have the mental capacity to process all of them. I can love all them, but it seems the self called Taylorites can not.... and thus they can only handle one at at time and delight in bashing on, and insulting, Ronnie Wood at every chance, while saying they didnt, right after they did. It is a joke. Their behavior is a joke.

I feel one is either a Stones fan or not. There is not cutting it apart into eras.... and forcing everyone to delare themself a Tayloite or woodite... that is the stupiset crap I have ever heard of... and there is the controvery. But sure enough anytime you call them on the BS, the reply is "Oh we are kidding, cant youtake a joke?" The proof is in the pudding, they arent joking, an example is how the Taylorites constantly bash of any album after Taylor quit.

People wanting, requiring it to be subdivided.... they cant be happy to have it all.. they want Ronnie Wood out and Taylor in. They want the man who did the job for 30 years to be fired and replaced with a quitter... and that BS.

I like that Taylor can come back as a guest, it is fun, it is a blast until until they crazy Taylorites start freaking out wanting demanding more, more, more and cant be, wont be fully content until Ronnie is gone... as if that will bring back 1972.

anway.... that explains why there would be any contoversy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 11:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:01

Max, with respect, I think you should respect a bit more other people's opinions. Or at least try to listen them (you clearly not seeing the point in recent Taylor reneissance - it has nothing to do with Ronnie.) You are turning to be the most negative poster in this site with your personal "anti-Taylorite" campaign, and you are not like that by constitution. I hope you could carry on more your positivist and cheerfull side, in which you are great.

- Doxa

Date: May 21, 2013 12:02

Doxa
Max, with respect, I think you should respect a bit more other people's opinions. Or at least try to listen them (you clearly not seeing the point in recent Taylor reneissance - it has nothing to do with Ronnie.) You are turning to be the most negative poster in this site with your personal "anti-Taylorite" campaign, and you are not like that by constitution. I hope you could carry on more your positivist and cheerfull side, in which you are great.

- Doxa

And it is you who is not reading. I an NOT anti Taylor, there is no campaign. Ican live with all. Try to grasp that.

Date: May 21, 2013 12:06

And only in opinion of someone (the typical self proclaimed Tyaylorite) who agrees with the bashing of Ronnie Wood would call me the most negative person on this site. Someone who agrees that it is ok to non stop bash Ronnie Wood, and the albums he played on, does not view that bashing as negative, because they agree with it and think it is oK... where I see it as negative as it gets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 12:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:14

I don't think there is one Stones fan who would see last night's set list and Taylor involvement as anything other than a huge success. Forget the Taylor V Ronnie arguments, they are irrelevant. Ronnie doesn't have a big ego and is happy to play along with anyone, Taylor just loves being in the band again and Keith is happy to lay that backing down. All is good and we should all focus on keeping the momentum going in terms of Taylor playing on at least three songs.

Personally, I'd be happy to lose the special guest slot completely and have Taylor play instead. I don't believe there are any Stones fans out there who want it any other way.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:15

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa

- Doxa

And it is you who is not reading. I an NOT anti Taylor, there is no campaign. Ican live with all. Try to grasp that.

I partially agree with you, Max. And there is a group of posters who constantly bashing Jagger and they post 100 times every day. It makes a visit to this board not the most pleasant pastime. But really all this has nothing to do with the fact that Taylor who plays with the Stones is a great pleasure for all music lovers

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:16

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa

- Doxa

I can read rather well, and I can see you are not against Taylor (even though you have thrown some under the belt remarks about the man himself lately), but against Taylorites - some fellow fans who think unlike you do. There is a difference there, and I think you are on your way to make a new record here in bashing and name-calling other contributors. Can't you see it yourself?

There is not one right way to dig the Stones, and each of us have opinions of our own.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 12:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:16

Max'sKansasCity
There is not cutting it apart into eras.... .

There is and for good musical reasons.

The first 10 years or so were an amazing musical journey, the journey continued, but I don't like much of the music that came from that continued journey.

Music either moves you or it doesn't, most of the music of the stones from circa 1973 onwards doesn't move or amaze me. Whether that makes me a stones fan or not doesn't matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 12:20 by His Majesty.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:17

Ronnie Wood himself is a huge fan of Mick Taylor.I am absolutely rapt for all the Taylor fans that were at the gig.I reckon I would have started levitating if I was there!

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:18

Max'sKansasCity
And only in opinion of someone (the typical self proclaimed Tyaylorite) who agrees with the bashing of Ronnie Wood would call me the most negative person on this site. Someone who agrees that it is ok to non stop bash Ronnie Wood, and the albums he played on, does not view that bashing as negative, because they agree with it and think it is oK... where I see it as negative as it gets.

Give it a rest mate, sick of reading about it.

Date: May 21, 2013 12:19

crumbling_mice
I don't think there is one Stones fan who would see last night's set list and Taylor involvement as anything other than a huge success. Forget the Taylor V Ronnie arguments, they are irrelevant. Ronnie doesn't have a big ego and is happy to play along with anyone, Taylor just loves being in the band again and Keith is happy to lay that backing down. All is good and we should all focus on keeping the momentum going in terms of Taylor playing on at least three songs.

Personally, I'd be happy to lose the special guest slot completely and have Taylor play instead. I don't believe there are any Stones fans out there who want it any other way.

Mick Taylor certainly has more talent to (naturally and without much practice) play the parts he is playing than any guest they could get. Having only Mick Taylor would cut back on guests not getting the words or lead parts right.

I agree with dump all out side guest, let Taylor fill that part.

PS
That doesnt change my opinion that Katy did great....
but its time for only Taylor... and I bet Lwren agrees that too winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 12:22

bonddm
Ronnie Wood himself is a huge fan of Mick Taylor.I am absolutely rapt for all the Taylor fans that were at the gig.I reckon I would have started levitating if I was there!

He's a good friend of Mick Taylor - has been since the late 60s/early 70s...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:27

Max'sKansasCity
crumbling_mice

Mick Taylor certainly has more talent to (naturally and without much practice) play the parts he is playing than any guest they could get. Having only Mick Taylor would cut back on guests not getting the words or lead parts right.

I agree with dump all out side guest, let Taylor fill that part.

PS
That doesnt change my opinion that Katy did great....
but its time for only Taylor... and I bet Lwren agrees that too winking smiley

Agreed - Taylor is the future!

Date: May 21, 2013 12:28

Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa

- Doxa

I can read rather well, and I can see you are not against Taylor (even though you have thrown some under the belt remarks about the man himself lately), but against Taylorites - some fellow fans who think unlike you do. There is a difference there, and I think you are on your way to make a new record here in bashing and name-calling other contributors. Can't you see it yourself?

There is not one right way to dig the Stones, and each of us have opinions of our own.

- Doxa

I answered a query above about not understanding the controversy, I explained it, if you dont agree, then I dont know what to say.

As I said, what someone percieves as negative depends on how one feels. If one hates Ronnie Wood and what he has played on, then when someone else starts bashing on him and saying he/it sucks, for the 5000th time, then one may still not percieve that as negative, but I do... and it took years of reading this anti Ronnie crap to finally start calling it the crap it is.... and if you call me saying it is crap negative.... well, then there it is.

The constant bashing of Ron Wood serves no purpose, and after 5000 times it gets old, so here we are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 12:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:34

jmd, thank you for painting a word picture and describing the show.

This setlist, with MT, is nothing short of epic. On this board, we have been talking about this for years, and now the Stones bring it in big way. Wow, I am really envious of all who were at this historic event.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:41

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

I answered a query above about not understanding the controversy, I explained it, if you dont agree, then I dont know what to say.

As I said, what someone percieves as negative depends on how one feels. If one hates Ronnie Wood and what he has played on, then when someone else starts bashing on him and saying he/it sucks, for the 5000th time, then one may still not percieve that as negative, but I do... and it took years of reading this anti Ronnie crap to finally start calling it the crap it is.... and if you call me saying it is crap negative.... well, then there it is.

The constant bashing of Ron Wood serves no purpose, and after 5000 times it gets old, so here we are.

I don't think I understand the point you're trying to make here. Do you think you could repeat it just once more so I understand? I need to be told the same thing 60 times before it sinks in. I think you're only up to 59.....thanks

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:42

Finaly they dit it , great set-list and MT on more than one track ...now everything is possible thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:42

Still speechless after what I witnessed tonight. Over 40 shows for me and this, well, words escape me.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:43

Max'sKansasCity

I do take a dim view of quitters in this world because I despise the typical quitter attitude, no matter the situation. I get sick of self-entitiled quiter who quit and walk away and then dreams it is ok to stroll back in later and pick right up where they left off, without even pondering where the situation would be if everyone had quit when the quitter quit.... there would be nothing left to come back to.

The people who dDID NOT quit are the real heros, they are the ones who held it all together when the quitter quit, and left it up to others to do the job they couldnt.

I love all the albums Brian was on. I love all the Stones albums Taylor was on. I love all the Stones albums Wood was on. I love The Stones and I have the mental capacity to process all of them. I can love all them, but it seems the self called Taylorites can not....

I don't believe you love all their lousy and semi-lousy albums and that part about quitters is laughable. These days it is hardly uncommon for rock bands to re-unite with former members for a tour. Black Sabbath is on tour with Ozzy right now.

Your quitters riff is just you projecting onto Mick Taylor what he did years ago at age 25. Leaving the Stone who drove him out by not including him on songwriting royalties. Plus MickT had leave due to being overwhelmed by the drug use he picked up while in the Stones. To kind of save himself at age 25.

You have had bad experiences with "quitters" in the past so you lay all this on Mick Taylor in this forum.

Date: May 21, 2013 12:44

champ72
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

I don't think I understand the point you're trying to make here. Do you think you could repeat it just once more so I understand? I need to be told the same thing 60 times before it sinks in. I think you're only up to 59.....thanks

Well it all started 7 years ago, when I started happily posting to this blog. At first I thought it was kind of cute that some people loved to bash on Ronnie.... but over time..... and then finally... and maybe in another 3 years you will feel the same way.

Date: May 21, 2013 12:44

Let's bring the Taylorites and the Wood-ists together with a song performed by the guys themselves - bury that @#$%& hatchet! smileys with beer

PS! And don't you dare start arguing about who is playing the meanest guitar on this one winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 12:52

jomo297
Still speechless after what I witnessed tonight. Over 40 shows for me and this, well, words escape me.

Hey, this is not enoughwinking smiley. You were there - tell the rest of us how it was. How the actual performances of songs were, how the audience reacted, everything

Date: May 21, 2013 12:57

DandelionPowderman
Let's bring the Taylorites and the Wood-ists together with a song performed by the guys themselves - bury that @#$%& hatchet! smileys with beer

PS! And don't you dare start arguing about who is playing the meanest guitar on this one winking smiley

I love that tune... and I am not even sure if it is jazz or fusion or rock or what... but it is great. Thanks DPM...

...and I would bury the hatchet but I belong to no group... ite or ist.... I am just a Stones fan. I love the great songs on every album, and try to skip over the few duds on each album.... every Stones album from 1962 to 2013.... and counting.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 13:00

Wow! This is the set that should've been the whole tour.

Date: May 21, 2013 13:02

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman

I love that tune... and I am not even sure if it is jazz or fusion or rock or what... but it is great. Thanks DPM...

...and I would bury the hatchet but I belong to no group... ite or ist.... I am just a Stones fan. I love the great songs on every album, and try to skip over the few duds on each album.... every Stones album from 1962 to 2013.... and counting.

thumbs up

Date: May 21, 2013 13:06

crholmstrom
Wow! This is the set that should've been the whole tour.

Wrong! If you lay all the aces at the beginning you'd stay with empty hands in the end. Excitement should increase gradually.
Jagger knows what he is doing

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: May 21, 2013 13:07

I want to thank IORR for allowing us to speak our peace about the set list we were getting. Then I want most of all to thank the Rolling Stones for listening to us. Now I can start planning for more shows. WOW!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 21, 2013 13:09

Finally great setlist and a great idea to involve Mick Taylor in more songs, two of which are not warhorses. More nice surprises would be welcome winking smiley I think doing Time Waits For No One with MT would be an ultimate dream come true.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1330
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home